• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I love Brawl Battlefield.

Cog I hate Lylat haha. It's pretty good for Marth too but bad for Falco I can never decide if I want to play it but I just don't like the feel of the level. I also really like Picto Chat that's up there.

(Lol for some reason I thought you were Thumbs at first cause of the Avatar)

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I remember when I found out that my wife was pregnant. That was probably the worst moment of my life. And now, the best thing that happens to me during the day is walking into my son's room in the morning and seeing him smiling, jumping around in his crib and walking back and forth before I take him and let him loose to wreak havoc on our poor apartment.

Life is so weird. So, so, so weird.

/livejournal

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
garrett thanks again for bringin my **** down for me, i owe you big time for that, great matches too

life is like a box of chocolates.. to use a heavily over used cliche'. and kids are awesome.. you just gotta be ready when you have um... and gabriel smiles? when i have never seen such a sight lol

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Thank you sir.

Question: Can someone articulate a liberal domestic policy position for me? Any position, it doesn't matter, as long as it's domestic policy.

EDIT- Bonus points if it's one that you actually agree with.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Thank you sir.

Question: Can someone articulate a liberal domestic policy position for me? Any position, it doesn't matter, as long as it's domestic policy.

Google image search got nothing for me.
Sorry Jam.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I don't believe you've heard Boxman sing a meshed together "Krusty Crab Pizza" and "Mona Pizza" before, so I'll let this slide.
OMFG I WANT TO HEAR THIS.

kthxbai.

I think I'm coming to Esticle now.
D: LOVE ME!

-DD

Papito

Smash Journeyman

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Dude Fang is getting ***** so bad.... poor Ken. Dude's hanging in there though. GC was about to go all Colonel Kurtz... not that I can blame him, this show is basically all about "yo you want to form an alliance?"

I love Brawl Battlefield.

Cog I hate Lylat haha. It's pretty good for Marth too but bad for Falco I can never decide if I want to play it but I just don't like the feel of the level. I also really like Picto Chat that's up there.

(Lol for some reason I thought you were Thumbs at first cause of the Avatar)
I just like upsmashing through the platforms with my man Olimar and the auto-tether means I don't have to john about the edges a lot. ha.

Thank you sir.

Is this a passive agressive question lol?
Anyways, education: I think Obama's "opportunity tax credit" which gives you $4k for college in return for 100 hrs of community service is a pretty cool idea...he mentioned this in the debate. Also I just read that he wants to pretty much eliminate the current system of applying for federal student aid so you can just check a box on your tax returns for it... and as someone who wanted to kill puppies and/or nuns over that mother****ing FAFSA form I can def get behind that.
By passive agressive I mean are you really trying to say that Obama and his supporters are all empty rhetoric and no substance? If so just say so. If not my apologies ^_^

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
hey guys, i heard CT threads are pretty spammy?
Yes, Welcome. ;)

CT Thread for Top Tier.
Stephen + Khaly for CT Tier.
-DD
Meat Ridin.

garrett thanks again for bringin my **** down for me, i owe you big time for that, great matches too
Yeah, no problem. Agreed.

What are we "what"ing at?
I was thinking the same exact thing too. The fact that Azen does not use Diddy the way "everyone else does" is what makes him stand out in that video, right Thumbs? Thats why Brawl is boring and dry for me. Every single match looks the EXACT SAME.

I think I'm coming to Esticle now.
D: LOVE ME!

-DD
Ummmm you should have already planned for coming to Esticle like three months ago. :dizzy:

Also: If you do not play Mogwais Mewtwo at this tournament---Epic Fail.

Noodles-You can come over tomorrow...but I cant give you a ride either way. You might be able to stay over...but I would not count on it. It might actually not even be worth it for others to come now that I think about it.

I'm not getting home till like 10:45 tomorrow night anyway.....cancel it.....sorry.

Papito-You're too far for me to drive to. Next week during the week I can definitely hangout like on Wed night or some ****. I MIGHT have a date with this girl from my Psychology class....(working on er)...not sure though.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm downloading Sweeny Todd now guys.

Yayyy me.
Does anyone have a Spare DVD-R[W] they could give me at Esticle?
I seem to have run out...
-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
No Cog, I wasn't being passive-aggressive, haha. I just finished reading a conservative policy book, so I was just looking to balance it with some liberal policy. I just don't feel like looking for a liberal book right now.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
I'm downloading Sweeny Todd now guys.
I remember when I used to do that. Now I make enough money where buying movies and such really is not a big deal anymore.

You should already own that movie. Tim Burton is genius. I own everything he has ever made in the film industry.

Batman I
Batman II
Beetlejuice
Big Fish
Corpse Bride
Edward Scissorhands
Ed Wood
Mars Attacks
Nightmare Before Christmas
Pee Wees Big Adventure
Sleepy Hollow
Sweeney Todd.

Hes incredible.

Also-I have plenty, you can snag a few from me...I don't burn things anymore. Making DVD's will be a thing of the past in less than two years...for sure.

Because i'm bored

Fav Brawl levels

Final Destination
Frigate Orpheon
Smashville

Battlefield in Brawl is the worst stage ever created in Smash. It's too happy-like for a level that was intended to be the second to last stage before fighting master hand. The best BF was in smash 64....along with the best FD.

Smash 64 in my opinion is the best smash game to date. It's too classic.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
I love you Chris. :) You like Timmy...therefore you're cool in my book.

The part where he gets all the flowers for Sandra and says "Sandra templeton! I love you and I WILL marry you" That song is beyond incredible. and here it is- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8AUG6GQpEc

Oh and I'm picking you up with Marc at the train station in New Haven for Esticle Chris. :) Carpool to Wallingford should be fun.

Spife

Smash Master
I remember when I used to do that. Now I make enough money where buying movies and such really is not a big deal anymore.

You should already own that movie. Tim Burton is genius. I own everything he has ever made in the film industry.
YES BUT HOW MANY GODZILLA MOVIES DO YOU HAVE?!?!

Godzilla vs Biolantees (thanks to super aids, great movie)
Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla
Gojira (both the english and the japanese version)
Godzilla Vs Space Godzilla
Godzilla Vs gigan
Godzilla: The Terror Of Mechagodzilla (really a good one)
Godzilla 2000
Godzilla: Final Wars (too good)
Godzilla vs King Ghidorah
Godzilla vs Megalon
Godzilla: 1999 (it was a gift, I swear)
Son Of Godzilla (also a gift, I swear it)
The Return of Godzilla
Godzilla vs Destroyah
Godzilla And Mothra Battle for Earth
Godzilla Vs Mothra
Godzilla vs The Sea Monster
Godzilla Vs King Kong
Godzilla vs Megagarious

I tell ya I'd main black bowser, spam fire adn go by gojira if it hasn't already been done. btw that list makes me super cool.

Aesir

Smash Master
Presidential debates are pointless but not meaningless. It's a sad truth that people in this country REFUSE to educate themselves on politics, but feel obligated to do something to feel like there is reasoning behind their vote.

Enter presidential debates.

It's like watching a football game but you drink more and pay less attention to the game, but hey, at least on election day, you have something to base your vote on...

What people need to do is stop feeling disillusioned and insulted by the game that politicians play and actually educate themselves as best they can. It's ridiculous to me to hear someone complain about how the debates are insulting to their intelligence and that they can't tell what's true and realistic and what's just being thrown out there to entice them to vote AND then follow that up with a refusal to dig at all deeper or vote because they're so upset by the system... Wow, good job changing the system you hate so much, by silencing yourself, you are giving exactly 0 negative feedback about this system. In fact, you're giving no feedback whatsoever and giving more weight to the positive feedback being given by the millions of voters who vote simply on this bullshit.

You can call me idealist and unrealistic to believe that the political system can be reformed into something that resembles a system that respects our intelligence, but at least I'm trying. What I really can't stand anymore about this country (and especially my generation) is the absurd level of apathy about politics. Get over the game. It's proven effective, if you hate it so much, prove that it's not what's driving your vote and try to get other people to do the same.

[/rant]

(this is not directed at anyone in particular, just a general sentiment that I felt spurred to write about when Aesir brought up the debate)
I called the debates meaningless because Republicans and Democrats agree to certain questions before the debate. and no I'm not crazy this is exactly what happened in 1988 and it's been happening ever since.

It's easy when the commission on presidential debates is run by the two heads of the Republicans and the Democrats neither head wants to see their parties candidate in a tight spot so they agree on questions. It's basically defeating the purpose of a Debate. If you actually look into the history of this country's elections you'll see things were never this skewed or rigged.

one of our first elections after Washington's presidency had 5 legitimate people running for president. ****ing 5.

It's kind of sad really they create this impossible quota in order to be allowed into the debates for third parties. You need 15% support on polls, they get their polling Data from Gallup, and Gallup hardly ever includes third parties in their questionnaire's.

Not only do they give third parties a horrible hurdle to cross they make it virtually impossible for them to even attempt to cross that hurdle.

I understand the argument on their side though, it would be so hard to run a debate on reasonable time if you had to include EVERY person who was running. Hence why you should only allow candidates who are enough ballots to win the general election. That creates a far more manageable number. Then you do something like what we do during the primaries. You run a series of debates and based on the level of support you begin eliminating candidates based on their lack of support.

I could probably think of a better solution then this, but that's what I got out of oh say 30 seconds of thinking?

Don't even get me started on the electoral college and the rigged winner takes all system.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
The electoral college is great, and I think that having more than two people on stage for a debate really does water it down to being less than useful. Remember how awful those early Democratic primary debates were?

Aesir

Smash Master
The electoral college is great, and I think that having more than two people on stage for a debate really does water it down to being less than useful. Remember how awful those early Democratic primary debates were?
The electoral college along with any winner take all system is pretty horrible, proportional representation will always be the best way to run things.

We're the only country that uses a winner takes all system most other democratic nations use proportional representation. It's not like we have to completely abandon the electoral college ct has 7 electoral. If they were distributed proportional according to how many votes you earned.

And the process isn't already watered down? adding a strong third party or even two at least into the debates is going to give legitimate criticisms to the two party's. Which is heavily needed, because they sure as hell aren't making the effort to legitimate criticize each other.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I love you Chris. :) You like Timmy...therefore you're cool in my book.

The part where he gets all the flowers for Sandra and says "Sandra templeton! I love you and I WILL marry you" That song is beyond incredible. and here it is- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8AUG6GQpEc

Oh and I'm picking you up with Marc at the train station in New Haven for Esticle Chris. :) Carpool to Wallingford should be fun.
Have yet to see the movie but that song was very good and speaking of orchestral music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s_Oo7HcQKw&feature=related

The Rach 3 is the most technical piece of music ever composed I believe and is so great. I've been listening to his stuff lately it's way too ridiculous.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice

Making DVD's will be a thing of the past in less than two years...for sure.
yes, but do you own Frankenweenie on vhs?

I give DVDs about 6 years before they're extinct

I tell ya I'd main black bowser, spam fire adn go by gojira if it hasn't already been done. btw that list makes me super cool.
it that has been done I'de be surprised
____

I can't even watch the debates without paying attention to every little thing going on
most of the time I completely miss their actual answer
stupid media studies courses skewing how I perceive everything!

Top Bottom