• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Have yet to see the movie but that song was very good and speaking of orchestral music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s_Oo7HcQKw&feature=related

The Rach 3 is the most technical piece of music ever composed I believe and is so great. I've been listening to his stuff lately it's way too ridiculous.
Orchestral/Instrumental music is probably one of my favorite types. Danny Elfman, Michael Kamen, and John Williams are amazing. Hook Soundtrack for the ****ing win.

yes, but do you own Frankenweenie on vhs?

I give DVDs about 6 years before they're extinct
I've seen it before and wasn't really too pumped about it. I used to own it. The cover is a closeup of the dog, right? I saw it when I was like eight and did not know it was a Tim film until like four years ago. VHS? I only have 1 VHS player left in my house now and it is dusty as ****. I gave up on VHS years ago.

Does anyone here own the Captain America movie on VHS? The best of Pete and Pete? Doug? The original Sonic show? X-men on Fox? :)

SPAWN and Aesir will vouch for me: My movie/TV Series on DVD collection is top tier.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I saw the word "Sandra" twice in PoF's post.

It made me miss her more.

**** you PoF.

>_> Also, I can go buy the movie if I want, but I'm too lazy.
:3
-DD

EDIT//
Horowitz is amazing.

I also vouch for PoF's Top Tier collection.

Vampire Knight is amazing.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
big fish is awesome lol i cried LOL
I cry at the end of that every single time I see it... I was flipping channels at 1am in Mexico on my honeymoon and came across it dubbed in spanish and still cried LOL it's like a subconcious reaction.

Have yet to see the movie but that song was very good and speaking of orchestral music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s_Oo7HcQKw&feature=related

The Rach 3 is the most technical piece of music ever composed I believe and is so great. I've been listening to his stuff lately it's way too ridiculous.
lol good **** bringing up the Rach 3 in the CT thread

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I <3 orchestral music as well and just classical music altogether. It's much better than what we have today as far as musicianship goes to be honest :0/

Horowitz is amazing. People lose their minds trying to learn to play that song.

I personally think the Final Fantasy composer ( can't think of his name atm) is phenomenal. Not to sound generic but One-Winged Angel is mad good. It's such a crazy song with so much theory behind it.

Lol hell yeah Cog. This is the CT thread after all.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
**** man who DON'T you show it off to?

I saw it when I spent the night I think before or after the last esticle or something.
-DD
HAHA, Quoted For Truth.

Also-Yeah...oh yeah....I forgot about that ONE time you came over. haha

I cry at the end of that every single time I see it... I was flipping channels at 1am in Mexico on my honeymoon and came across it dubbed in spanish and still cried LOL it's like a subconcious reaction.
I'm so happy that all of you enjoy this movie. Mars Attacks anyone? That movie is beyond amazing. The score is tooooo good. <3 Danny. That movie is so funny, stupid, and violent at the same time. Pierce Brosnan, Jack Nicholson, Glenn Close, Danny Devito...mad good people in that movie.

I personally think the Final Fantasy composer ( can't think of his name atm) is phenomenal. Not to sound generic but One-Winged Angel is mad good. It's such a crazy song with so much theory behind it.
People tend to over-analyze Final Fantasy VII way too much. It has religious connections and plenty of depth but it really is no different than any other idea or message presented in any other Final Fantasy game. I personally find the the music in FF5 and FF8 to be the best. Eight does not have the most powerful or outstanding sound...but it's more mellow and something I'd actually sit down and listen to. The only songs I really enjoy from FF7 are Prelude, Cosmo Canyon, One-Winged Angel, and J-e-n-o-v-a. Download/play FF8. It's my favorite.

Most people say "Squall was too emo....so I stopped playing." The thing is, isn't everyone secretly like that? I think so. Everyone has a side of them that they do not want to show society...and Squall conveyed that very well. It's a great love story and the character development is by far the best. You learn about each characters intentions, personality, and story extremely well. The summons are by far the best and the magic system is the most unique out of every FF. The graphics were also VERY AHEAD of its time.

FF X is also another note worthy game...but the character development and just the characters in general aside from Auron, Tidus, and Yuna were horrible. I did not care about any other character in that game aside from those three. Jecht? Who cares.

I also find FF1 to be the most difficult Final Fantasy ever. You literally need to level up to level 15 immediately before you go to the first cave/dungeon/boss. You also need to from the beginning pick the right party or else you WILL FAIL. Final Fantasy I is one of my favorite games of all time.

IX definitely needed some work. It was a solid game/story but the characters were extremely kiddie. Other than that it was a good game.

Final Fantasy IV (II) is beyond incredible. That game has been remade a total of three times. (DS, GBA, and PS1) and for good reason...it's awesome. The story is by far one of the best and Cecil is pretty badass. Kain is a great character too. If you have not played this game yet...do so on either PS1 or NDS. The NDS version looks like a PS1 game for god sakes. haha

Sorry for critiquing every FF pretty much...It's my favorite series.

By the way-Time to go play more Final Fantasy IV on my DS haha.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I could do without Mars Attacks, honestly.
Tim Burton Tier List:

Top Tier:
Edward Scissorhands
Ed Wood
Sweeney Todd

High Tier:
Big Fish
Beetle Juice

Mid Tier:
Batman
Sleepy Hollow
Batman Returns
Mars Attacks

Low Tier:
Corpse Bride
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
Planet of the Apes

thumbswayup

Smash Master
FF X is still a great game. The entire soundtrack is phenomenal.

Also, Danny Elfman is amazing because he composed the music to the first two Spider-man films. I especially love the music in the second.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I'm just talking about the music not the game. I think VII may have the best music but I also love the music in Tactics and X. 8 was my least favorite Final Fantasy that I've played and has nothing to do with Squall. I thought his character was developed quite well actual but I felt the middle of the game more toward the beginning sort of lost its aim and had no point. The story line got really weak. I also hated the Junction system and weapon level up idea and all that was lame for me. It was a good game and all just not my favorite to me it was all about the fight with Adel and after that in Altimecia's castle I really didn't care about the game or what happened I felt like it really just built up to that moment wit Adel and the rest might as well have been extra.

As a game I think FFX is waaay underrated. I thought it was an awesome game.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
I could do without Mars Attacks, honestly.
Tim Burton Tier List:

Top Tier:
Edward Scissorhands
Ed Wood
Sweeney Todd

High Tier:
Big Fish
Beetle Juice

Mid Tier:
Batman
Sleepy Hollow
Batman Returns
Mars Attacks

Low Tier:
Corpse Bride
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
Planet of the Apes
My list

Top Tier:
Edward Scissorhands (My favorite movie of all time.)
Pee Wees Big Adventure
Beetlejuice

High Tier:
Batman
Batman Returns
Big Fish

Mid Tier:
Sweeney Todd
Mars Attacks
Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
Sleepy Hollow

Low Tier:
Ed Wood
Corpse Bride
Planet Of The Apes

FF X is still a great game. The entire soundtrack is phenomenal.

Also, Danny Elfman is amazing because he composed the music to the first two Spider-man films. I especially love the music in the second.
Yup, the music in the first movie was par. The soundtrack to the second Spider-man was much better. Too bad those films are pretty horrible though. They should have put Harry Osborn going after Spider-man in the 2nd movie...not the third. By the time the third one rolled around no one cared or gave a crap about that grudge against Spider-man. They should have put Doc Octopus and Hob Goblin/Green Goblin or whatever in the second one to give three a little bit more leverage. This would have helped made the third movie look better. I overall thought the spidey movies were stupid. I thought the second Spider-man movie was good...but that is about it. The only good thing about the first movie was that quote, "With great power comes great responsability."

NOW I'm going to go play Final Fantasy IV.

Once again-Be jealous. Aesir and Spawn are coming over my house tonight and we're all picking up PC tomorrow morning for Esticle. Mad sex in my car.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Spider-man 3 is not the second highest grossing film of all time. It's the second highest grossing SUPERHERO film behind the Dark Knight WORLD WIDE(although sadly it beat Dark Knight's overseas total). Domestic it grossed lower than Spider-man and Spider-man 2 AND Dark Knight. And yes it sucked. Spider-man 3 is one of the biggest disappointments I've seen in my lifetime since Miami Vice. What a horribly contrived piece of trash. Oh, it's the second highest opening weekend of all time behind Dark Knight as well. I think that's what you meant to say. But if you look at the domestic total of SM3 it barely made double it's opening weekend, showing NO word of mouth. Just looking at the numbers dropping significantly at the daily box office made my day. Dark Knight, however, kept making money and has now grossed well over three and a half times it's opening weekend, which was greater than SM3 to begin with LOL

PoF Spider-man 2 is a great film. I consider it to be one of the best superhero movies ever made. The first one was ok and the third was godawful.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Ed Wood is amazing >.>

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Planet of the Apes are two of the worst remakes ever.
I've only seen the Spanish Dub of CatCF.
>_> I thought it was very entertaining for the $3 it cost me to see the movie in Costa Rica. and the $1.50 Nachos...mm...Makes me hate American Movie Theatres.

-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I used to work at two American Movie Theaters. Easily two of the worst jobs I've ever had. Do you have any idea the look people would give me when I told them their Nachos cost 6 ****ing dollars? Or how a small soda was $4, or how a small popcorn is $5? AND THE COMBOS omfg don't get me started on that ****

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Spider-man 3 is not the second highest grossing film of all time. It's the second highest grossing SUPERHERO film behind the Dark Knight WORLD WIDE(although sadly it beat Dark Knight's overseas total). Domestic it grossed lower than Spider-man and Spider-man 2 AND Dark Knight. And yes it sucked. Spider-man 3 is one of the biggest disappointments I've seen in my lifetime since Miami Vice. What a horribly contrived piece of trash. Oh, it's the second highest opening weekend of all time behind Dark Knight as well. I think that's what you meant to say. But if you look at the domestic total of SM3 it barely made double it's opening weekend, showing NO word of mouth. Just looking at the numbers dropping significantly at the daily box office made my day. Dark Knight, however, kept making money and has now grossed well over three and a half times it's opening weekend, which was greater than SM3 to begin with LOL.
This is what you get when you let Sam Raimi take the reins of a potentially triple A title. Not even Bruce Campbell could save that movie, sadly, and I love him. I love all of the B-movie camp that Raimi's put out before because it was just that: Camp. It was meant to be absolutely horrible. He tried throwing some of that into SM3 and he failed. Horribly.

Smooth Criminal

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I hope you're doing well on your portfolio review, Lil!

Chris, what time do you get out of work tonight? You live soo close to PoF's... I may pick you up depending on how late you're willing to stay up/when you get out. :D

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
PoF Spider-man 2 is a great film. I consider it to be one of the best superhero movies ever made. The first one was ok and the third was godawful.
I love you like a man should love another man, thumbs, but I take strong exception to this statement. The first Spiderman was the greatest thing I've ever seen, and Spiderman 2 was just a hodgepodge of a great villain, terrible story-telling and even worse pacing.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
This is what you get when you let Sam Raimi take the reins of a potentially triple A title. Not even Bruce Campbell could save that movie, sadly, and I love him. I love all of the B-movie camp that Raimi's put out before because it was just that: Camp. It was meant to be absolutely horrible. He tried throwing some of that into SM3 and he failed. Horribly.

Smooth Criminal
It's just remarkable that the same man who made the spectacular Spider-man 2 was behind the camera for Spider-man 3. How could it have gone so horribly wrong? I searched desperately shortly after seeing the movie to find out why this happened. What was different about the 3rd from the 2nd that made it so bad? I found my answer in who wrote it. Alvin Sargent wrote the screenplay for the 2nd film, while Sam Raimi and his brother Ivan wrote the 3rd. Bingo. Raimi doesn't know how to write, he should have stuck with JUST DIRECTING the **** film. Instead, he and his brother came up with just about the most uninteresting and pathetic series of events to take place in the 3rd. Emo Peter Parker? You have got to be kidding me.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I love you like a man should love another man, thumbs, but I take strong exception to this statement. The first Spiderman was the greatest thing I've ever seen, and Spiderman 2 was just a hodgepodge of a great villain, terrible story-telling and even worse pacing.
I have only seen the first Spider-man once in theaters on opening weekend. I remember it being good, but I was like 14 at the time so I was too young to form a good opinion on it. I've seen the second one like 8 times though. I'll watch the first one again soon to see what I really think of it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I like the part where Harry survives a bomb to the face...and then joins forces with Spiderman.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Oh my God.

Spider-man 4 has been announced.

Somebody kill me.
D:!
ITS GOING TO HAVE LIZARD MAN! OR CARNAGE! OR SOME SORT OF PLOTHOLE THAT BRINGS BACK VENOM! OR MYSTERIO! OR SOMETHING ELSE!

But then again, it doesn't matter does it?

*SHANKS THUMBS WITH A DIRTY TOOTHBRUSH.*

Smooth Criminal
D:! THUMBS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo!
-DD

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Third Spiderman-Biggest waste of time ever....Venom was the only cool part of that movie and he was only in it for like ten minutes.

Second-the choice of Doc Oc was incredible....great acting in the movie...but umm the original Batman with Keaton is the best super hero film. Tobey Maguire is horrible and utterly annoying. Sorry.

First-Crap. It had a good quote...that is about it.

Thumbs-They announced Spiderman 4 like a week after spidey 3 dude. I read it online.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
CT THREAD!
ITS THAT TIME AGAIN!

>_> Although I don't recall if I've done this really ever before at all, never mind with you guys.

ANYWAYS! It'll help us get off the subject of EmoSpiderman movies at least, and it'll be shiny.

*ahem*
Yea, so I was planning some nice things I can get Sandra, who will in turn kill me for getting her nice things that she feels she doesn't deserve and only caused me trouble/debt to get it.

So, ignoring the danger I may or may not be placing on my own life, I've found something I'd like to get for her about Christmas time. Maybe sooner.

>_> You see, Sandra and I met while working at an Anime/Gaming Convention, and while we were breaking down the video game section, there was a huge pile of rubber bands. She took 10 of them and wore them on her wrist, and later I took 5 for myself, sort of like a little memento.

At this moment in time, I only have 1 rubber band left intact, and just recently her final one broke.

SO! I decided that I'd get her a Pandora Bracelet!

>_> Now, I will assume all....2[I assume there is at least one other person than Lil] of the Females that can read this already know what a Pandora Bracelet is, so I'm going to explain it to the daft little punks[LOL subliminal advertising] who don't know what it is.

A Pandora Bracelet is an overly glorified charm bracelet. My sisters say its a good idea, because after I buy it for her I can totally jew out on the rest of the gift occasions by getting her another charm.
I mean, I'll get her another charm, but I sure as hell am going to get her something to go with it.

ANYWAYS.

I don't want to hear about how much money I'm spending. Personally, I can't even afford it right now, so I think I might avoid eating a few meals here and there to save up quicker.
This is the Bracelet:

These are the Charms I plan on getting with it:

LOL no idea why that last one was so huge.

Anyways; If I get all of the above, it'll run me about $220.
o_o My question is:
If I have to make cuts, which ones do I cut?
Should I bag all those beads and spell out "LOVE"? That would be about $150.
I can also choose from a little Pearl thing[her Birthstone]

D: omfg shes going to be so happy.
>:D LETS GET SOME INPUT!
-DD

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
D:!
ITS GOING TO HAVE LIZARD MAN! OR CARNAGE! OR SOME SORT OF PLOTHOLE THAT BRINGS BACK VENOM! OR MYSTERIO! OR SOMETHING ELSE!

But then again, it doesn't matter does it?
Nope. Because is MAHVEL BAYBEE. You know, the guys that thought MEPHISTO would give two ****s and a flying **** about Mary Jane and Peter Parker's marriage.

UGH. That still pisses me off. Even in spite of Brand New Day's homage to the good Spidey stuff, I still find it VERY difficult to get back into Marvel comics again. It seems like the only good **** they put out nowadays is the Ultimates line.

Smooth Criminal

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Can I get in on that shanking action?

Speaking of movies, I was reading the review for Max Payne, and this paragraph caught my interest:

Roger Moore of the Orlando Sentinel said:
"Max Payne" isn't the worst video-game movie adaptation, not so long as Uwe Boll lives, breathes and directs. The acting's not bad, overall; the shootouts work. But as good as a couple of its action beats are, "Max" still suffers from the heartlessness that makes games emotionally inferior to movies. Nobody ever shed a tear over a video-game character's death.
So long as old foggies are writing reviews, then videogames will never be respected as an art form.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
CT THREAD!
ITS THAT TIME AGAIN!

>_> Although I don't recall if I've done this really ever before at all, never mind with you guys.

ANYWAYS! It'll help us get off the subject of EmoSpiderman movies at least, and it'll be shiny.

*ahem*
Yea, so I was planning some nice things I can get Sandra, who will in turn kill me for getting her nice things that she feels she doesn't deserve and only caused me trouble/debt to get it.

So, ignoring the danger I may or may not be placing on my own life, I've found something I'd like to get for her about Christmas time. Maybe sooner.

>_> You see, Sandra and I met while working at an Anime/Gaming Convention, and while we were breaking down the video game section, there was a huge pile of rubber bands. She took 10 of them and wore them on her wrist, and later I took 5 for myself, sort of like a little memento.

At this moment in time, I only have 1 rubber band left intact, and just recently her final one broke.

SO! I decided that I'd get her a Pandora Bracelet!

>_> Now, I will assume all....2[I assume there is at least one other person than Lil] of the Females that can read this already know what a Pandora Bracelet is, so I'm going to explain it to the daft little punks[LOL subliminal advertising] who don't know what it is.

A Pandora Bracelet is an overly glorified charm bracelet. My sisters say its a good idea, because after I buy it for her I can totally jew out on the rest of the gift occasions by getting her another charm.
I mean, I'll get her another charm, but I sure as hell am going to get her something to go with it.

ANYWAYS.

I don't want to hear about how much money I'm spending. Personally, I can't even afford it right now, so I think I might avoid eating a few meals here and there to save up quicker.
This is the Bracelet:

These are the Charms I plan on getting with it:

LOL no idea why that last one was so huge.

Anyways; If I get all of the above, it'll run me about $220.
o_o My question is:
If I have to make cuts, which ones do I cut?
Should I bag all those beads and spell out "LOVE"? That would be about $150.
I can also choose from a little Pearl thing[her Birthstone]

D: omfg shes going to be so happy.
>:D LETS GET SOME INPUT!
-DD
Be careful man. What you buy shows the progression in your relationship. How long have you guys been together? If it has not been a year yet.....don't go crazy. Look at it this way...what do you think she would give YOU for Christmas or whatever? Match it. Don't go over the top.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Be careful man. What you buy shows the progression in your relationship. How long have you guys been together? If it has not been a year yet.....don't go crazy. Look at it this way...what do you think she would give YOU for Christmas or whatever? Match it. Don't go over the top.
*blinks*
D: All I ever do is go over the top.
>_> 'Tis my nature!

Now for some real input guys >_>.
@Jam
I tried that too.
She just says to come over and don't waste my money on her.
<_< Aside from the fact that I won't find it a waste, not like that stupid $500 paintball gun, but I think she might be doing that "Say one thing, mean another" deal.
-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
*blinks*
D: All I ever do is go over the top.
>_> 'Tis my nature!

Now for some real input guys >_>.
@Jam
I tried that too.
She just says to come over and don't waste my money on her.
<_< Aside from the fact that I won't find it a waste, not like that stupid $500 paintball gun, but I think she might be doing that "Say one thing, mean another" deal.
-DD
Then call her bluff. No one can reasonably expect you to understand what they're not saying. I don't know, I'm not big into giving gifts, and I'm poor, so my opinion probably isn't the one you should be listening to.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Then call her bluff. No one can reasonably expect you to understand what they're not saying. I don't know, I'm not big into giving gifts, and I'm poor, so my opinion probably isn't the one you should be listening to.
o_o Well, she, like many females I've interacted with, don't do the "bluff" on purpose. They just say that and expect you to follow it, but there is still the little bit of hope in the back of their head that they get it.

>_> Personally, I don't have that much money either, and I'll probably want to kill myself for dropping the 10 or 20 bucks at Esticle tomorrow.

=3=; No one wants to hire the kid who is going to miss work to sickness all the time and can't help it. The most I can do is annoying odd-jobs for my dad for whatever money he is willing to give me. >_> Or wait until my medicine works.

:3 I just want to know what you think would look pretty.
-DD

Top Bottom