• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Thanks Smooth, I needed that.

PoF I already knew Spidey 4 was annouced a week after. I already knew it was inevitable it would get made, due to the unbelievable amount of money 3 made. What I didn't know was that Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst, and Sam Raimi would all be returning to work on it. All three of them stated 3 would be their last work in the series and would leave afterwards. Of course, I felt they would return since the studio wants them all back badly and would pay them a considerable amount more to stay. I just can't stand the thought of another Spider-man 3 happening. I just can't.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I believe there are supposed to be 7 Spider-mans :0/

Dude if Spider-man 4 has Carnage in it it's already good. Idc how bad it actually he makes up for it because he's the coolest villain in the series.

Why the hell was Venom in 3 for give or take 20 minutes? So beat. I did love Spider-man 2 I thought it was actually a good movie by movie standards not just superhero movies.

I actually didn't know Tim Burton made that remake of Planet of the Apes but while on the subject....I thought the original was great.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Ed Wood is amazing >.>

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Planet of the Apes are two of the worst remakes ever.
V has good taste.

It's just remarkable that the same man who made the spectacular Spider-man 2 was behind the camera for Spider-man 3. How could it have gone so horribly wrong? I searched desperately shortly after seeing the movie to find out why this happened. What was different about the 3rd from the 2nd that made it so bad? I found my answer in who wrote it. Alvin Sargent wrote the screenplay for the 2nd film, while Sam Raimi and his brother Ivan wrote the 3rd. Bingo. Raimi doesn't know how to write, he should have stuck with JUST DIRECTING the **** film. Instead, he and his brother came up with just about the most uninteresting and pathetic series of events to take place in the 3rd. Emo Peter Parker? You have got to be kidding me.
Michael Chabon also did a rewrite on Spidey 2.

Nope. Because is MAHVEL BAYBEE. You know, the guys that thought MEPHISTO would give two ****s and a flying **** about Mary Jane and Peter Parker's marriage.

UGH. That still pisses me off. Even in spite of Brand New Day's homage to the good Spidey stuff, I still find it VERY difficult to get back into Marvel comics again. It seems like the only good **** they put out nowadays is the Ultimates line.

Smooth Criminal
Holy crap someone who reads comics. That Mephisto BS put such a bad taste in my mouth (even though I didn't buy any of them) I'm not going to read brand new day stuff. Ultimate Spider-Man is and has been consistently great. As are a couple other Marvel books but as of right now I mainly read dark horse/indies

EDIT - I forgot to mention:
HOLY SHIT RED SOX! @_@

thumbswayup

Smash Master
lol Nana I agree about Carnage completely. He was the most terrifying villian in the Spidey series. Every issue he was in brought the comic to a more graphic level. The dude just murdered people in the most gruesome ways. I still have soooo many comics of him lol even the one where he tortures Eddie Brock.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
lol Nana I agree about Carnage completely. He was the most terrifying villian in the Spidey series. Every issue he was in brought the comic to a more graphic level. The dude just murdered people in the most gruesome ways. I still have soooo many comics of him lol even the one where he tortures Eddie Brock.
Eddie Brock evaporated into thin air, so that won't be happening.

T_T Does no one pay attention to the big shiny pictures?
-DD

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Ha nice dude. yeah Carnage is ridiculous. I still can't beat Maximum Carnage speaking of :0/

I have the originals series where they first showed him the "Maximum Carnage" issues and I have another that's like a thick book like anniversary thing with a bunch of the villains in it but that's newer.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
LOL yeah I think so. He was still in Venom form and Carnage chained him over a fire so the symbiote started melting off his body or something. Then he was about to blast him with the gun that would vaoprize him forever, but Venom had secretly put more of the symbiote inside the gun so when Carnage fired it it engulfed Eddie and completely restored him in the Venom state so he could escape.

WOW none of that made ANY sense unless you read it in the comic LOL

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
DD-If she tells you to not buy her anything....do that.

My friend spent 500 dollars on a girl and then broke up with her less than a month afterword. haha

don't waste money on women...nowadays in relationships people don't expect one another to get them expensive things anymore. She likes you already...no need to impress further.

It's like working out and going to the gym when you are married/have a relationship. Why bother? You already found someone who has going to sleep with you. Who cares about looking good?

You guys also do know that Pirates of the Caribbean already has three more movies planned, right? It's all about the money these days. Thats all people care about now.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
PoF you better be ****ing kidding. I knew they would make another Pirates because of the way the third one ended and since they always make money. But the only good Pirates was the FIRST ONE. It was so entertaining and so much fun to watch. NEITHER the second or third contained ANYTHING of value. The second one was just despicable. I hated just about everything in that movie. The third one had some good parts but overall was a waste of time.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
PoF you better be ****ing kidding. I knew they would make another Pirates because of the way the third one ended and since they always make money. But the only good Pirates was the FIRST ONE. It was so entertaining and so much fun to watch. NEITHER the second or third contained ANYTHING of value. The second one was just despicable. I hated just about everything in that movie. The third one had some good parts but overall was a waste of time.
The third one was funny. If you mashed the second and third one into one movie, it would've been better.
-DD

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Quoted For Truth. I agree 100%.

The second and third were beyond horrible. They tried too hard to make it action packed and funny...and it was neither.

The first one was incredible though.

Also-Aesir and I have the best team name EVER for tomorrow. Everyone else should just stop trying to think of a good team name or disregard the one they have planned because our team name is the definition of the word ****.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
The third one was funny. If you mashed the second and third one into one movie, it would've been better.
-DD
Most likely. The problem is that they mistakeningly made the second and third films dark and more action oriented than the first, leaving all the humor out. BIG problem. The first Pirates was awesome because it had action AND comedy. It was hilarious. It's like they didn't even try to make you laugh in the other two. They just went for boring villains who weren't as funny or interesting as Geoffrey Rush in the first film. I hope they learn from this mistake and make a movie that is more enjoyable to watch.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Quoted For Truth. I agree 100%.

The second and third were beyond horrible. They tried too hard to make it action packed and funny...and it was neither.

The first one was incredible though.

Also-Aesir and I have the best team name EVER for tomorrow. Everyone else should just stop trying to think of a good team name or disregard the one they have planned because our team name is the definition of the word ****.
Forced and Sometimes Violent Sexual Intercourse?

omfg I'd laugh so hard if that was your team name.
-DD

thumbswayup

Smash Master
**** Stand? Blood Lube?

edit- also, I thought I'd share this post I came across

Dude...getting your teeth drilled without any form of sedation while getting punched in the nuts repeatedly while acid slowly drips onto your forehead is more fun than playing Brawl with friends...

And one of my other favorite things about Melee is that I can actually play it without...y'know...falling asleep...*cough*
lol

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
DD I'm getting a Pandora Charm bracelet for my girlfriend for her birthday (which is coming up soon, I really need to get on this). I was thinking of doing the spelling out "Love" thing, mainly because she just got a tattoo of the Japanase (Kanji) symbol for "Love" and we've been together for 4.5 years.

The bracelet is a good idea for a gift, but definitely wait a little bit before biting. If the relationship grows a lot by the time Christmas comes around, then it might be worth looking into (though I don't know if the LOVE thing would be a good idea just yet, maybe in the future). I'm sure there are plenty of other things you could get her that aren't so expensive though.

As for suggestions on the charms, if you do go ahead with them, I would say you have too many hearts. I know you're trying to show your affection, but a bazillion hearts might be a bit tacky. Maybe keep 2 of the hearts and replace the other 3 with 1-2 other things that might be cute or meaningful. Also if you get take out 1 or 2 for now you can save money, but leave room for more in the future.

Maximum Carnage is awesome, I've beaten it so many times. My friend and I used to play that game all the time on the SNES like 10+ years ago.

Who wants to team with me tomorrow at Esticle?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Well that happened and then for our 2nd friendly he switched to Marth and me to Sheik and I killed him once.
Obviously if we kept playing I would have beaten him in 3 more games.

edit: this was the first time I ever played kdj too...at some random maine tourney a long time ago

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Yeah it was a while ago that I played M2k's Sheik, probably 4 months ago I think. There was one match where I legitimately took one stock off him with Falcon. It was a god**** miracle. I'm a lot better now so I think I could consistently take a stock off him if I played him now lol

Papito

Smash Journeyman
you guys remmber maximum carnage that game was the ****.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice

Ed Wood is amazing >.>

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Planet of the Apes are two of the worst remakes ever.
QFT

Maximum Carnage is awesome, I've beaten it so many times. My friend and I used to play that game all the time on the SNES like 10+ years ago.

Who wants to team with me tomorrow at Esticle?
still have that game, it use to be one of my favorites!
I would offer to team w/ you but I kinda suck and I'm still not sure if I'm going...
anyone from ct who doesnt go tomorrow is a terrorist.
no johns

post count +1
ok I'll go

I can't believe there are actually stupid bible belt palin supporters who still think Obama is a terrorist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRqcfqiXCX0&feature=related

See I actually like the second one and hated the third. There was just way to much going on in the third. The second one is basically the Empire Strikes Back. The similarities are countless and I swear the writers used it as a model when writing dead man's chest. I felt the story was actually enjoyable and original since they introduced many new story elements. Then the third one just took all those elements and jumbled the hell out of em

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Yeah it was a while ago that I played M2k's Sheik, probably 4 months ago I think. There was one match where I legitimately took one stock off him with Falcon. It was a god**** miracle. I'm a lot better now so I think I could consistently take a stock off him if I played him now lol
Let's not forget that as we improve, the people on top also improve.

Top Bottom