• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
If you want to be gay you can jump cancel grab then fsmash and edgeguard with counter. My friend used to play as Roy for whatever reason then he gave up and started playing with Marth for awhile but he was real good with Roy idk how ha.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Really? A jab? I'll have to experiment with that.
he meant a hit inside the grab I believe. Jab grab with Marth works even less than with most people, lol. You can jab reset if they miss techs after the uthrow, but that's rarely useful and shouldn't be counted on. You really just should learn to pivot grab when they don't DI over 30%, then the CG is guaranteed until 50%ish when they can shine you out of the CG if they don't DI, which is when you can start doing silly utilt and fsmash nonsense.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I find that its good to use both Roy and Marth for a few reasons

-If you're new to the game you will get used to two different timings for your l cancels. (Marth is one of the floatiest while Roy is a fast faller.)
-You learn to space yourself from your opponent using Marth while with Roy, you need to get in close.
-With Marth you're more aggressive as an edge guarder as compared to Roy, who is more patient due to the fact that he cant exactly jump off the edge and fair, dair, etc.
-They both teach you how to tech chase well

Oh yeah-When you go from Roy to Marth...it feels too good!

Roy wont get you the W, but hes a good character to learn with.

Whew! That was close.....

Edit-I love being in school now. I go on the computer between my classes, during my classes, and im still doing excellent in school. In the morning I get breakfast with this chick from my ENG class last semester...its in the process. YUM

I think i made like 13 posts today haha and counting!
Or you could just practice an actual secondary character?

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
School work now CT thread, so QUIT POSTING.

That way I don't slack.

>_>

BTW that deep convo me and Mogwai had about God, im totally using all
those posts for my critical thinking Project.

Once I copied and pasted all the info, it came out to be about four
regular pages long.

Printing.

:D

Se><bot

Smash Apprentice
I think I went through a fairly long Roy phase shortly before the death of Melee. I was getting really good at getting his dair to spike consistently.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Before the death of Melee I started playing Doctor Mario and it was too funny now I just suck with him :0/

I suck with everyone but Marth lol. That doesn't count though.

noodles

Smash Champion
PoF you need to work on your chaingrabs, if I haven't told you that already lol. One of the ways I got good with Fox was that I'd watch KDJ's matches over and over and memorize what he'd do in certain situations, especially the combos he'd string together out of nowhere. I'd practice them individually to death until I had it down. I suggest you do the same while watching vids of M2k's Marth, just look what he does after tilts, aerials, grabs etc.
i just watch cort **** average players to learn my marth stuff which im beggining to think is my best character. also i try to watch videos like moon doggie vs cort then compare it with pc vs cort to try to compare and see the differences in what they do.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Well, I was really bored again today /should've been doing homework so I decided to work on my shino ***ging. I can finally do it for a mad long time... aka I did a 10 min match vs comp and did it for a min and a half... I got bored after that. It's so much easier if you just use down instead of right/left to get away from the ledge. Time to go work on chaingaying.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'm pretty sure there was this girl that used to main Roy before time began. XD

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Ken article on facebook said:
If 1% of Survivor's viewers look into competitive smash, and 1% of those people actually start playing, that's like 3 billion people. I did the math. Not really.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/bio/ken_17/bio.php?season=17
Ken Hoang gives a new meaning to the term "gamer." Known to the gaming community as "the King of Smash," Hoang is a professional at his craft. As the current international champion of Nintendo's Super Smash Brothers Melee video game, Ken has traveled the world from Japan to Australia to prove his dominance.

Hoang uses his tournament winnings to help support his family. He and his siblings still live at home to help pay the mortgage. It has also led to a strong bond among his brothers and sisters. In fact it was his sister that started his addiction to SURVIVOR.

While he may seem like an interesting choice for a game based in the outdoors, this gamer sees it as an amazing opportunity. Ken is very creative, and has a strong passion for art, a skill he is currently going to college to fine tune. When not playing videogames or brushing up on his art, Hoang enjoys playing with his pets, a Maincoon cat named Kinski and a Husky named Monster.

He loves the fact that he will be considered an underdog because everyone will underestimate his prowess at playing mind games. Nobody would look at him and believe he climbed Mt. Fuji at the age of 20. Ready to exploit his slight physical stature, Ken will trick his fellow players into seeing him as a non-threat, only to smash them if they get in his way.

Ken is single and currently resides in Westminster, Calif. His birth date is October 10, 1985.

YOU GOT THIS KEN
Lol, I thought that said p3n1s.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
anyone want to meet up this weekend to play melee? It's been awhile. Maybe some Brawl too? I never get to play anyone irl.

Top Bottom