• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
With that weird system there using to cure cancer there gonna find the
cure and they'll get famous, get millions, and be known to cure
cancer via videogames!!

:D​

trademark0013

Smash Champion
i am and have been experiencing so many emotion highs and lows over the past 4 days and right now as i type this that i cant even begin to find words worthy enough to describe that. if i wrote a poem right now, it would break all literary boundaries

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Lil, that artwork was okay I guess. ;) I wish I was good at drawing stuffz. T_T

Budai, just put up everything involving a Sheik (only one there) and the fox without Lulu that does shine to shdl every time someone dies. Also, put up the teams with the Lulu tag. It was me and Mike$ vs Pof and Aiser. I was Fox/Marth/Sheik. I really wanna see how pretty my Marth looks in teams. A lot of times I would **** and not lose a stock the whole match. :D

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Good **** thumbs for not even making me double post. :D I love it how fast the ct thread posts... sometimes.

Mogwai: Did you record some matches also on the tv to the side? Could you put up all the Sheik vs Falco ones. I wanna see what I need to improve on in the matchup. It was towards the end of the night so it should be like the last 5-7 matches. I'm not sure how many Mike$ played with Budai. I didn't play Fox vs Budai though. Thanks.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
No problem spawn :)

I just realized there's only one vid of my Falcon (and it wasn't good back then) on youtube and absolutely none of my other characters. I need to record my matches from now on.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
PoF I'm watching some melee matches and you need to counter those firefoxes son!

edit: there's only 2 vids of me playing on youtube (if you don't count my joke vid vs. V)... both of Pup n Suds ****** me + purple cobra in teams. a shiny nickle to anyone who finds them

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I was gonna say, your Falcon sucks. XD I actually didn't watch it though. You live in MD/VA? We should play.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
PoF sucks *** at edgeguarding. My Marth is too good now.

**** you Brookman for giving me a cold. I have a soar throat and a runny nose. Bleh.

Browser>McFox's?

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
^You're gay Marc. :) Pick me up soon? haha haha haha haha

I played mad good with Trade yesterday....probably one of my best sessions of smash in a lonnnnngggg time.

Warming up with Roy helps me A LOT!

Also-I've been doing some posting/video watching lately. I know what I need to work on...just have to do it.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I can't imagine why warming up with Roy would help you. Him and Marth are about as polar opposite as you can find in that game. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

If I can find my crappy digital camera, I might record some of me and PoF's matches today. If I can find it.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
I can't imagine why warming up with Roy would help you. Him and Marth are about as polar opposite as you can find in that game. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

If I can find my crappy digital camera, I might record some of me and PoF's matches today. If I can find it.

I can bring my crappy one if you'd like?

We should record us playing Star Wars! LOLS!

thatd be too good hearing us talk to eachother! haha

Double post-Too Good.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Anyone know of a place where I can get a capture card/ recording device for
cheap....?

Creating a new cute Sig, anyone want this one? I'll put your name and everything
in it.
V V V V V V V V

thumbswayup

Smash Master
PoF you need to work on your chaingrabs, if I haven't told you that already lol. One of the ways I got good with Fox was that I'd watch KDJ's matches over and over and memorize what he'd do in certain situations, especially the combos he'd string together out of nowhere. I'd practice them individually to death until I had it down. I suggest you do the same while watching vids of M2k's Marth, just look what he does after tilts, aerials, grabs etc.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Jam your sig is awesome.
Yeah, every once and a while there's something good on 4chan.

Thumbs-I can CG Fox and Falco till around 20...then I F it up....yeah...if i can just CG and get edge guarding down...i'd be pretty good against spacies.

Jam-I no have a ps2 controller! I have PS3.......

I cant wait to play Melee today.
Okay, I have two anyway, so it's no problem.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
They kinda are but at the same time u can apply the some stuff from the opposite character such as bairing from the ledge with roy. Strangely it works.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
I find that its good to use both Roy and Marth for a few reasons

-If you're new to the game you will get used to two different timings for your l cancels. (Marth is one of the floatiest while Roy is a fast faller.)
-You learn to space yourself from your opponent using Marth while with Roy, you need to get in close.
-With Marth you're more aggressive as an edge guarder as compared to Roy, who is more patient due to the fact that he cant exactly jump off the edge and fair, dair, etc.
-They both teach you how to tech chase well

Oh yeah-When you go from Roy to Marth...it feels too good!

Roy wont get you the W, but hes a good character to learn with.

Okay, I have two anyway, so it's no problem.

Whew! That was close.....

Edit-I love being in school now. I go on the computer between my classes, during my classes, and im still doing excellent in school. In the morning I get breakfast with this chick from my ENG class last semester...its in the process. YUM

I think i made like 13 posts today haha and counting!

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I wanna get good at Melee again but I don't have the ****ing game anymore which is gay. I cracked it:0/ Don't ever put Melee in your back pocket.

Pof there's a way to up throw Fox as marth and do the first hit of nair and keep chaingrabbing but it's pretty hard. I can't do it well but you should try it.

Papito- Yes it is bad because your body grows immune to it but I have a gay doctor who hands them out like candy haha I feel like crap though so I'm gonna take it. With most drugs these days though they alter the recipe slightly every so often so people don't grow immune to it.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
One reason it took me so long to pick up Marth was because I was a Roy main. It took me forever to learn the sweet spots for Marth because I was so used to Roy's ******** range and recovery.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
One reason it took me so long to pick up Marth was because I was a Roy main. It took me forever to learn the sweet spots for Marth because I was so used to Roy's ******** range and recovery.
Yea it felt weird at first cause u always wanna hit with the center of the sword and u wanna angle ur up-b.

OH GOD techchasing is fun. I played a little melee on saturday. I forgot most of the mechanics which i have to practice a bit to remember....but i still techchase like a beast :laugh:

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Yep, tech chasing is awesome.
Especially if your Cfalc. It just feels good when the person
tries to tech to avoid the knee/stomp and it just so happened
that by doing so they got one in the face.

:D

trademark0013

Smash Champion
for CGing spacies, jus jab once before u up throw. makes it a lot easier. then around a certain percent (i dont kno which one, i jus look at how high they go) utilt, then do what u want from there

fsmash, another utilt, regrab, fair sometimes, upair

Top Bottom