• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
In Super Mario RPG, what's the best way to use your level up bonuses? All power, all hp, all def? Switch them up? I just don't want to not be able to beat the last boss... who I hear is ridiculous.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Lvl | Choose Lvl | Choose
,----+---------. ,----+---------.
| 1 | | | 16 | HP |
| 2 | Special | | 17 | Special |
| 3 | Attack | | 18 | Attack |
| 4 | HP | | 19 | HP |
| 5 | Special | | 20 | Special |
| 6 | Attack | | 21 | Attack |
| 7 | HP | | 22 | HP |
| 8 | Special | | 23 | Special |
| 9 | Attack | | 24 | Attack |
| 10 | HP | | 25 | HP |
| 11 | Special | | 26 | Special |
| 12 | Attack | | 27 | Attack |
| 13 | HP | | 28 | HP |
| 14 | Special | | 29 | Special |
| 15 | Attack | | 30 | Attack |
`----^---------' `----^---------'

Thanks Axel and Darc for helps.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
In Super Mario RPG, what's the best way to use your level up bonuses? All power, all hp, all def? Switch them up? I just don't want to not be able to beat the last boss... who I hear is ridiculous.
This is what I did (I don't know if it's the best, but it seems logical):

Every time a character levels, you get 3 choices for your bonus. The bonuses seem to be different every time, but they are actually on a rotation of every 3 levels. There is always a choice that's the "best", meaning that it's better than the regular choice for that particular bonus option.

For example:

Mario

Level 2:

POW = A +1 / D +1
HP = HP +3
Star = MgA +3 / MgD +1

Level 3:

POW = A +2 / D +1
HP = HP +3
Star = MgA +1 / MgD +1

Level 4:

POW = A +1 / D +1
HP = HP +4
Star = MgA +1 /MgD +1

This pattern continues exactly like this throughout every level. As you can see, there's a pattern where one option is better than it usually is (1 out of 3 times). This is the option I picked for each char. In this example I'd pick:

Level 2: Star (MgA +3 instead of +1)
Level 3: POW (A +2 instead of +1)
Level 4: HP (HP +4 instead of +3)

Every character has their own particular stat bonuses, but they all have a rotation similar to this, where one option is better than it usually is.

Edit: Hah, looks like people beat me to it. That table seems to sum it up pretty concisely. If you want to see another table of the actual values for each char: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/snes/file/588739/36582.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Taking out all 3 enemies without them hitting you feels awesome. Hooray for "once again."

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I just beat it last week and I used Mallow and Bowser and I usually would do attack/defense for bonus on Mario and Bowser or Geno if I use him and Special bonus for Mallow. If you use Peach I would also focus on special and HP mostly for her. She dies quick.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
LOL MY FRIEND RENEE LOOKS A LOT LIKE MILKTEA.

your friend should give me a call whats really good.
real talk. ask if she's down wit OPP

i might be able to play wit poffy today. gonna chill wit ma homegirl at scsu. not sure exactly how long cuz i might be there earlier than expected. i'll call if anything

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Wow, I'm such a noob in this melee game. /dash attacks all over the place

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
/is now pro XD I need to l2reactbetter though. That's how I play (after watching the video) and I need to do A if someone does B. Example: if someone sidedodges, and you're shielding, wait, and grab. *facepalm*

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Hooray. :D Does he have a swf account?

Edit: Darc which one is a girl?

DrSuper, the techno stuff was mad good. There were like 3/4 I didn't like... but everything else was amazing.

_milktea

Smash Lord
i'm cuter =) lolol. jpjp. she does look a lot like me though at first glance. i bet she actually has boobs though

i woke up at like...6;45 AM to do a this photoshoot T___T the pain.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Time to look for funny posts by people that haven't really made too many posts.
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2756564&postcount=9568
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=1995666&postcount=2639 ROFL ROFL ROFL
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4321386&postcount=26676 King is a noob.
http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4550029&postcount=33925 Laijin is too good.

Maybe I'll do more another time.... probably not since I'll never be this bored again. Off to finally start catching up on 2 weeks worth of college chem. ****.

Edit: T_T @ Dustin. I really wanted to know which one the girl was. :( I'll just have to not think about it and I'll eventually forget it.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Good matches, Cog.

I think I'm going back to maining Roy, CT.

EDIT- ARGH, stupid SWF cutting off my sig.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
King=Noob
Laijin is too funny, I like him.

How could you not put one of MY posts on that? I love you Marc. Pick me up sometime? (The harassment begins.)

Also, you called before...what up?

Jam-Your sig is ****ing top tier.

I'm free tomorrow...someone want to hangout? Call me.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Funny story:
We were playing Melee teams, and my brother took your stock and killed you.
Then I forgot who won.

GGz.
-DD

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
BTW Lil you look very coot =3
Aww the way you spelled cute as "coot" is so... cute.

Edit: Oh btw I saw Ikaruga at a local Gamestop (Trumbull) the other day for $40. If anyone wants it let me know and I'll see if I can pick it up next time I'm in the area.
Also according to the Gamestop site, there are copies in Hamden, Bloomfield, Torrington and Hartford.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I have Ikaruga, I bought it at Gamespot for $40 like 6 months ago.

Also, I just watched Aliens. Very awesome movie. Alien was more scary though, but Aliens was a lot more badass. I love both films, but Alien is one of the scariest movies I have ever seen.

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone want any specific matches from PoF's the other day uploaded? I don't know who's playing in most of them, so if you can remember certain matches and want them up, let me know.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
So my throat hurt last night and when I woke up I could barely talk. Then I found out have strep. Go figure. Wish I went today Pof. How was it?

Top Bottom