• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Tekken is better than Soul Calibur.

Soul Calibur is all about side stepping....thats it.

Tekken takes more timing and skill to actually be good at he game where as soul calibur is all about who can be more defensive

Tekken=Melee Soul Calibur=Brawl

Tekkens also a much more realistic fighting game with real fighting styles and a better story. Yes, the panda is not realistic...but the fighting styles are pretty true to what they really are and how they actually work.

For example

Xing uses traditional Chinese karate
Steve Fox is a boxer
Hwoarang-Tae Kwon Do
Marshall Law-Whatever Bruce Lee did haha
Nina and Anna-Akido/Judo
Eddy and Christie-Kapuara (Forgot how to spell it)

Soul Calibur is basically a fantasy world fighting game. Its cute for like five minutes...but I can never take the story line seriously.

I mean come on guys Tekkens story is about a TOURNAMENT. Doesnt that just scream competitive?

Aesir

Smash Master
Soul Calibur is a lot deeper then brawl lol.

side stepping is like shield in brawl but in all honesty there's more to the game then just step g-ing around your opponent

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I mean, you gotta win the tournament; XD ahhh good times.

I love the story line for both games. Tekken more, but I played Soul Calibur 2 sooo much... too bad I never learned either of them competitively. :(

Edit: Oh yeah, why is google chrome good? I don't see how it can be better than firefox with a whole bunch of add-ons.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9_xrR_CDVc
I'm so into techno currently.

Edit: I haven't touched my bawls in months and now I finally have to break out my last one. :( Man, I love energy drinks. This is definitely the most I've ever procrastinated on a big paper. Good thing I don't start class til 11:15am.

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
Edit: Oh yeah, why is google chrome good? I don't see how it can be better than firefox with a whole bunch of add-ons.
Apparently its faster than other browsers but i also heard its slower with anything java related like youtube, but its still in its beta stage so it'll probably be hella good after a while. a scary thing is the fact that the FBI has google by the nutz so i wouldn't do any illegal downloading/ anything illegal period while using chrome, but if your using it for something harmless then go for it.

drSuper

Smash Apprentice

Papito

Smash Journeyman
Tekken is better than Soul Calibur.

Soul Calibur is all about side stepping....thats it.

Tekken takes more timing and skill to actually be good at he game where as soul calibur is all about who can be more defensive

Tekken=Melee Soul Calibur=Brawl

Tekkens also a much more realistic fighting game with real fighting styles and a better story. Yes, the panda is not realistic...but the fighting styles are pretty true to what they really are and how they actually work.

For example

Xing uses traditional Chinese karate
Steve Fox is a boxer
Hwoarang-Tae Kwon Do
Marshall Law-Whatever Bruce Lee did haha
Nina and Anna-Akido/Judo
Eddy and Christie-Kapuara (Forgot how to spell it)

Soul Calibur is basically a fantasy world fighting game. Its cute for like five minutes...but I can never take the story line seriously.

I mean come on guys Tekkens story is about a TOURNAMENT. Doesnt that just scream competitive?
you seriously have no idea what your talking about thats why your credibility was flushed down the toilet months ago. both games have side stepping and they both require you to be good at defense and offense. and just cuz of this post im pretty sure you seriously stink at both games. why do you always try to explain **** when you know absolutely nothing? your weird

and tekkens storyline is not just about a tournament i bet you play melee for the storyline lol

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
OMG, thanks Chris. I definitely was going to search google chrome for torrents. XD Good thing I didn't... I think.. ****.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
DrSuper, get some PlumpDJ on your comp so I can steal all of it. LOL I think they might be one of my favorites just based on a couple of their songs I've heard.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Jeez, papito. Jeez.
PoF, really. Please stop trying to pass off your unfounded opinions as facts.

Joshu
You guys should play Ragnarok with the GA smashers <_<

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I'm listening to the Republican National Convention and I can't help but hold back my urge to puke.
"I guess a small town mayor is sort of like a community organizer, except that you have actual responsibilities."
- Sarah Palin

copypasta:
Both Rudy Giuliani and Sarah Palin specifically mocked Barack's experience as a community organizer on the South Side of Chicago more than two decades ago, where he worked with people who had lost jobs and been left behind when the local steel plants closed.

Let's clarify something for them right now.

Community organizing is how ordinary people respond to out-of-touch politicians and their failed policies.

And it's no surprise that, after eight years of George Bush, millions of people have found that by coming together in their local communities they can change the course of history. That promise is what our campaign has been about from the beginning.

Throughout our history, ordinary people have made good on America's promise by organizing for change from the bottom up. Community organizing is the foundation of the civil rights movement, the women's suffrage movement, labor rights, and the 40-hour workweek. And it's happening today in church basements and community centers and living rooms across America.

In other words, BURN IN FUCKING HELL YOU ROTTEN MISERABLE CUNT

thumbswayup

Smash Master
"I guess a small town mayor is sort of like a community organizer, except that you have actual responsibilities."
- Sarah Palin

copypasta:
Both Rudy Giuliani and Sarah Palin specifically mocked Barack's experience as a community organizer on the South Side of Chicago more than two decades ago, where he worked with people who had lost jobs and been left behind when the local steel plants closed.

Community organizing is how ordinary people respond to out-of-touch politicians and their failed policies.

And it's no surprise that, after eight years of George Bush, millions of people have found that by coming together in their local communities they can change the course of history. That promise is what our campaign has been about from the beginning.

Throughout our history, ordinary people have made good on America's promise by organizing for change from the bottom up. Community organizing is the foundation of the civil rights movement, the women's suffrage movement, labor rights, and the 40-hour workweek. And it's happening today in church basements and community centers and living rooms across America.

I actually watched her say this on tv. I watched much of her speech, all the while slowly raising an axe to the screen. Giuliani was boring and I've lost a lot of respect for him. Neither speech came even close to a tenth of the power that Obama's had. **** the Republican party.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
- Sarah Palin

copypasta:

If that's true, then why run for President?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I wouldn't bother posting, Cog. He doesn't look at yellow names. :( I wish I had a green name or some other color than yellow. Maybe I should host a tournament so I can be blue and have Jam see my posts. :o

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
What's with all this blank space between my posts?

EDIT- Seriously though, how can a president possibly have any effect on community organizing? I suppose he can encourage it through taxes, but that falls within Congress' authority, not his.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Bad day at work? Today is going by slow as a mother ****er. Good news is that I get out of work at 2 to head to class, which will not be fun. But I get to smash tonight so that's what's keeping me going.

Aesir

Smash Master
What's with all this blank space between my posts?

EDIT- Seriously though, how can a president possibly have any effect on community organizing? I suppose he can encourage it through taxes, but that falls within Congress' authority, not his.
as a president you can effect legislature and be more effective in dealing with those issues.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Seriously Uconn? SERIOUSLY?

I'M ALREADY ****ING offering to pay your STUPID ****ING 80 dollars AGAIN, and you won't let me until the 26th? Man, go **** yourselves, **** you Uconn, stupid ****ing ****s.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
you seriously have no idea what your talking about thats why your credibility was flushed down the toilet months ago. both games have side stepping and they both require you to be good at defense and offense. and just cuz of this post im pretty sure you seriously stink at both games. why do you always try to explain **** when you know absolutely nothing? your weird

and tekkens storyline is not just about a tournament i bet you play melee for the storyline lol
Tekken 4 $10.00 Money Match?

No duh! its not just about a tournament....The Mishima bloodline, (Jun, Jin, Kazuya, Heiachi) Nina and Fox's relationship, Yoshimitsu as Robin Hood, Hwoarang and Jins rivalry, Julia to make peace (shes a hippie ****)...its all far more interesting than a bunch of weirdos with demon faces, unrealistic weapons, super powers, and arenas that look the exaxt same with the same idea (knock the other person out on a small platform!) Also, the levels in Soul Calibur have nothing to do with anything. They're just random places to fight.....only the pirates level associates with him...thats pretty much it. Tekken-The garage where hwoarang and jin fight, the dojo where kazuya, jin, and heiachi fight....etc. You do realize that if characters such as Link, Spawn, (Marc) Heaichi, Yoda, and Darth Vader were not in the game it would not do as well, right? a good 10% of the games revenue is probably for those characters alone because people are stupid and will buy anything with a little extra bonus!

At least in Tekken you can use your environment to your advantage to rack up damage and do wall jumps. If I wanted to knock my opponent off the stage I'd go play Virtua Fighter II for the arcade from friggin 92'

Also, I've said this about a good 4328423904235823 times. I Do Not Care What People Think Of Me On Smashboards. I post how I want to post....get used to it. The people who I'm friends with know how I am and like me for who I am. I do not need to post like everyone else to be accepted. I love all of guys but I'm going to post how I want to post....and expect all of you guys to do the same regardless of who likes them, who reads them, etc.

Thanks.

Also-Possible Smashfest tonight at my place? (Looks to Noodles, Jam, Mogwai, Nana....everyone!)

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
So the most powerful person in America can't do anything to help poor communities except for tax reform? That's it?

I want a different color name, how do I get one?...
If you've hosted a tournament or join the debate room, those are the easiest ways.

Aesir

Smash Master
PoF is a pretty cool guy offline LOL.

I'm sure everyone use to think I was a **** when I trolled, well I am a **** outside of the boards so I guess that doesn't help.

SleepyK

Also, I've said this about a good 4328423904235823 times. I Do Not Care What People Think Of Me On Smashboards. I post how I want to post....get used to it. The people who I'm friends with know how I am and like me for who I am. I do not need to post like everyone else to be accepted. I love all of guys but I'm going to post how I want to post....and expect all of you guys to do the same regardless of who likes them, who reads them, etc.

Thanks.
Personally I don't have anything against you, really.
But that doesn't excuse asinine posts.
Joshu
this isn't "respekk ++ 4 gud post"... you just make really moronic posts from time to time. From what I hear you're a pretty cool guy.
Also... you kind of don't account for any of papito's points, you just drive your point harder into a contradiction :S
I guess if you really don't care, then this shouldn't bother you at all.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
I love Aesir. :)

Seriously, Aesir and I used to hate eachother.....well, I hated you...I'm not going to lie.

When I met you offline though and we actually talked....you're a really cool dude.

Same goes for Papito actually....I think you're really cool in person too. Its hard to get used to someone online and then meet them in person...they're two completely different things.

SleepyK

lol, you should meet everlasting yay or lambchops.
all the crazy stuff they say?

like that in person.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Lol, I wanna meet them.

I'm the same offline as online.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
How do you change the color ofyour name? I've hosted a tournament but can't figure out how to change the color. Guess i'm not cool enough.
You have to apply for it. Go to User CP=> Networking => Group Memberships, and apply there. The only one you can't apply for are the orange name and the mod-specific colors.

Lol, I wanna meet them.

I'm the same offline as online.
Awesome?

SleepyK

You can tell a lot more about people based on what they write as compared to how they pretend to act in person.
very true.

Cogsmooch, Bossk? are you serious? I love you.

I also saw a license plate on the way to class - it was like 886 CGS
and i thought "eight hundred and eighty six... CogSmooch."
sadly the car wasn't bearded.

Top Bottom