• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Never saw it, and thanks to you I probably never will lol. Oh no, are you telling me that supposedly the greatest game ever made has an anime like conclusion?!?
FF7 is one of the most overrated games of all time. Seriously people, it was a slightly above average RPG, nothing special.

Mogwai-Want to come over tomorrow? (Thursday?) I'm free pretty much all day.

Everyone else-Come over tomorrow! I have the day off and i dont have classes on Tues and Thurs
Yea, I'd probably be up for that if some more people came. I'll bring recording stuff.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
FF7's my favorite rpg... especially since it's like the only rpg I've ever played and beaten (I just didn't fight Sephiroth yet, but I'm in the northern cave or whatever). I don't count Chrono trigger since I haven't really played much, I'm like in the jungle at 670000 bc or something.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Garrett, I want all those N64 games!!!
Yeah, you should be jealous of my brains. Did I mention I just downloaded Pilot Wings 64 and Quest 64? Yummy.

I may stop by during the day. Dude Shadows of the Empire rocks so much. Rouge Squadron may be better but I like Shadows bettter than Pod Racer. All are good though. Goldeneye beats all.
Yeah, you should. Yeah, shadows was pretty good but i was always a fan of the star fighter star wars games on the 64...

Goldeneye has nothing on Perfect Dark. Goldeneye is a CLASSIC but perfect dark is just a better Goldeneye...made by the same company.

FF7 is one of the most overrated games of all time. Seriously people, it was a slightly above average RPG, nothing special.

Yea, I'd probably be up for that if some more people came. I'll bring recording stuff.
Finally, someone who agrees with me that FF VII is beyond overrated. I would argue its one of the most overrated video games of all time. I thought it was very good, but people these days will buy anything called "Final Fantasy VII" If a game came out called "FFVII: Cloud meets a guy who looks like Sephiroth" it would sell millions. FF7 fans are so gullible almost...they'll buy anything. I'm sorry to say but Advent Children was pretty bad aside from the ending...because the music was incredible at the end and the cloud sephiroth scene was beyond impressive. Vincent was cool....and the rest of the movie was garbage. Yeah, so now Cloud can fly 6 miles up into the sky by characters who are smaller than him throwing him up? I know its called Final "Fantasy"....but come on.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
You forgot Full Metal Alchemist. The ending for that made me quit anime. Haha, and if you hate bad endings, you should probably not play FF 7.

okay ff7 yes......not so much fullmetal. i kinda liked its ending.

I like FLCL's ending alot

and I liked gundam wings ending

Eureka Seven had a cheesy ending

Evangelion had the BEST ENDING EVAR spoilers gendo is a ****........spoilers rei is a girl........spoilers shiniji well hes shinji

Papito

Smash Journeyman
You forgot Full Metal Alchemist. The ending for that made me quit anime. Haha, and if you hate bad endings, you should probably not play FF 7.

I've always said that SC is just a button-mashing T & A fest, and today I proved it. It was my first time playing SC 4, I went random and got Sophita (I think that's her name). Then I proceeded to mash buttons (specifically, the triangle button) until I beat the person who owned the game. There's no skill involved, just mash buttons, and you win in SC.

And I appreciate T & A as much as the next guy, but it's just ridiculous now. Breaking armor leads to girls fighting in bras and panties? I'm no feminist, and I love big 3-D rendered boobs, but they're just trying to cover up shallow, repetitive gameplay with fan service, like another inexplicably popular 3-D fighting franchise.

End rant, until I play that horrendous game again.
im sorry but your wrong i can put alot of money down that if you try that on me or any one that is actually good you wont win. not one match. the game is actually very technical if your good there are plenty of mind games and combos that take skill to pull off. if you actually learn about the game im pretty sure you would side with me. its far from shallow. i mean ive played guilty gear and i button mashed some dudes who owned the game and i won too, but that doesnt mean i think you cant get good and technical. im pretty sure if i tried to button mash you and your peoples i would most likely lose.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
im sorry but your wrong i can put alot of money down that if you try that on me or any one that is actually good you wont win. not one match. the game is actually very technical if your good there are plenty of mind games and combos that take skill to pull off. if you actually learn about the game im pretty sure you would side with me. i mean ive played guilty gear and i button mashed some dudes who owned the game and i won too, but that doesnt mean i think you cant get good and technical. im pretty sure if i tried to button mash you and your peoples i would most likely lose.
SC2 isnt button mashing. I know folks who played it competitively. dunno about SC4 or 3. i just know that soul blade was decent and that competitively SC2 was the best iirc. and that in 3 the chick with the chinese name and sophitia are rly rly good.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
lol, jam... play someone good at the game.
that's like having trouble with an Fsmashy marth because he doesn't do anything smart and you're overthinking it.

Hi, spawn. I miss you.Joshu

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
http://ema.mtv.co.uk/vote/ Everyone vote for Radiohead for album of the year, Melee for new act, daft punk and muse whenever possible, the rest don't matter... I think. I'm kind of tempted to make this a topic on swf so smashboards can make "Melee win" XD. i wouldn't mind if someone else did it. :D

Hi SleepyK, I misses you too. :( <3 I should go to GA again and actually see you this time. Where in GA do you live again? My family lives in *******, GA. LOL!

Papito

Smash Journeyman
SC2 isnt button mashing. I know folks who played it competitively. dunno about SC4 or 3. i just know that soul blade was decent and that competitively SC2 was the best iirc. and that in 3 the chick with the chinese name and sophitia are rly rly good.
yeah your right alot people got frustrated because there were moves that certain characters had that you could abuse, xianghua and sophitia are really good cuz they were fast. but if your really good you wont get caught by people spamming moves and if some one is doing the same move over and over you simply guard impact. you have to know how to use horizontal,vertical,and 8-way run moves correctly and how they counter each other. your reaction time is critical, learning all your characters ring out moves makes you a dangerous player and last learning how to put together your counter moves to create combos. theres alot more i just dont feel like explaining it lol but like any fighting game you adapt to how your opponent plays so you know what to do.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Papito, how good is Mitsurugi on a tournament level? I thought he was ridiculous when you figured out how to use him and knew what to do in like every instance, lol. Or, if it's easier, what's the site for SC2?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
spawn, ******* is like 40 mins from me. not far at all!
Also, Desu used to work at a BJs in *******. Then he quit because it sucked.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Lol, excellent. I'll let you know when I go there. Who's Desu again, I forget? :(

Papito, what's the site?

Papito

Smash Journeyman
Papito, how good is Mitsurugi on a tournament level? I thought he was ridiculous when you figured out how to use him and knew what to do in like every instance, lol. Or, if it's easier, what's the site for SC2?
mitsurugi is actually high tier hes really nasty close range, his mid range is really good and hes fast. if you switch between high and low moves alot its a good mind game cuz you can bait people into ducking or blocking high. i think its caliburforums.com but i might be wrong i always google it lol

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Thanks. My senses for highest tier are too good.

Also, what's so good about Google Chrome. Is it better than Firefox when you have like all the good add-ons?

trademark0013

Smash Champion
yo when do you turn 21 so we can go to elmers,
3/20/10
Hey Trademark would you want to meet up on saturday? I have a show at your school lolz so I can come play before hand.
definitely. mikemoney is coming over also and spending the night so we can go to church on sunday. anyone else is welcome to do the same

ALSO, jv smooth came over and it was good times. 4 of my random homegirls came over also and we all had fun talkin and messin wit them while playin melee at the same time, get at us

Papito

Smash Journeyman
Cassie ***** <3 =(

I blame X box controls for my loss.

/johns
come play with me man and spawn too

3/20/10

definitely. mikemoney is coming over also and spending the night so we can go to church on sunday. anyone else is welcome to do the same

ALSO, jv smooth came over and it was good times. 4 of my random homegirls came over also and we all had fun talkin and messin wit them while playin melee at the same time, get at us
4 real dam we'll chill more son lol

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Thats wayyyyy too late Stephen

Also Marc: I found all of the stuff I need to mod the living mother****ing hell out of your Wii. I have everything I need now and....more. Like ya know....good n64 games and such son.

People really need to come over my house tomorrow and play Smash with me....i havent really played since Spawn, Trade, and Aesir came over.....and thats....well....too big of a gap.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Dayuhmmm. /gets an erection So you got your laptop back I take it?

Papito

Smash Journeyman
Thats wayyyyy too late Stephen

Also Marc: I found all of the stuff I need to mod the living mother****ing hell out of your Wii. I have everything I need now and....more. Like ya know....good n64 games and such son.

People really need to come over my house tomorrow and play Smash with me....i havent really played since Spawn, Trade, and Aesir came over.....and thats....well....too big of a gap.
yo if you mod your wii does it mess it up cuz i did it to my x box back in the day also can you still update it?

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
yo if you mod your wii does it mess it up cuz i did it to my x box back in the day also can you still update it?

it could potentially....but its unlikely.

yeah, my Wii is now up to date on the highest firmware and it still loads great. Im not going to update it further tho....because i dont want nintendo blocking my ****. :) Nintendos gay like that.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
yea papito we do, but those chicks comin over definitely wasnt planned. lol. i should throw a party.... in ma room.. mad tight
most definitely my friend would probably do it in his crib too but however you wanna do it just let me know we can get **** poppin we all throw down for booze and get the drinks that the ladies like and the stuff we like.

_milktea

Smash Lord
Wow, my friend just drunk dialed me which in return, set off a very loud Phoenix Wright courtroom theme in my little brother's room.

Poor kid :(, I woke him up.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
ive drunk dialed alot of my friends lol they say im mad funny but i dont remember any of them.

i noticed i posted a **** load of times in these pages all that soul calibur talk had me pumped lol.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I wanna get good at SC and Tekken. You any good at Tekken Papito?

Also, good **** Lil for saying if you type Daft punk into pandora. Best **** ever I've been hearing. So good job Budai for randomly remembering it, lol.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
I wanna get good at SC and Tekken. You any good at Tekken Papito?

Also, good **** Lil for saying if you type Daft punk into pandora. Best **** ever I've been hearing. So good job Budai for randomly remembering it, lol.
nah i stank at tekken i never really tried to get good at it. i like how the side stepping is in SC better. plus the weapons are just way cooler to me.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Okay. I've gotta chill with you sometime. I'm surprised I haven't with how long you've been in the community.

Top Bottom