• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yeah Trade, what you proposed (the more you spend, the more taxes you pay) could be accomplished pretty easily in a universal sales tax, similar to the one that Mike Huckabee was supporting. He called it the Fair Tax, since it's based on consumption, but alot of people are against the idea because high sales taxes tend to punish the poor more so than the rich.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Obama/Mccain or that bytch hilary can't beat me so it doesn't matter.

Obama def would main Marth......DD camps all day

McCain would main USA Captain Falcon......America **** YEAH! his stomp will conjure oil

Hilary would main Zelda......and be like she is in politics out of her league(tier)

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
DrSuper, you're going to have to start giving me some of the older music you like (I really like plump dj's stuff). I can't really obtain it from anywhere if you catch my drift, lol.
Don't worry I'll get you whatever I have on megaupload.
It's just taking me a while....school start johns...

I'm kinda close to Stamford I'm not very good though
I was thinking the same thing
internets says 49 minutes
I'm gonna try to host something as soon as were all settled into this new house
_______

Link of the night:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXa9tXcMhXQ
(this may bug you out)

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Trade where do you go to school?

Also I agree with Pof I don't think Sheik is that bad just needs to be played a bit differently. Also her Z-slide usmash thing can go roughly 3/4 of FD and that rocks.

NL are there any good tournaments or bi-weeklies in New York this weekend?

I'm pretty bored does anyone want to play on wifi?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Trade where do you go to school?

Also I agree with Pof I don't think Sheik is that bad just needs to be played a bit differently. Also her Z-slide usmash thing can go roughly 3/4 of FD and that rocks.

NL are there any good tournaments or bi-weeklies in New York this weekend?

I'm pretty bored does anyone want to play on wifi?
NY smash scene sucks. Theres melee i think now. As of brawl............T_T

Ryoko has the best Sheik I've ever seen. Her chain is SOOOOOOOOO broken.
Thats that meatriding....

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I've met some girls who chainride all the time.

Like they chainsmoke. You chainride when all you do is meatride all the time.

Like Inui. He auto-chanrides.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
swift is still cool in my book
why did he finally come out of the closet lol

i'm so addicted to yugioh.
my friend talked to hector he said you guys are all supposed to play this weekend or something. is it true he ***** you in brawl? cuz i four stocked that kid like 5 times in a row with five diffrent characters.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
^ You should come to CT tournies more often :0) I need more good people to play.

Jam do you wanna play a few? I'm so bored and not tired :0/

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
why did he finally come out of the closet lol

my friend talked to hector he said you guys are all supposed to play this weekend or something. is it true he ***** you in brawl? cuz i four stocked that kid like 5 times in a row with five diffrent characters.
Its probably true, Khaly doesn't play Brawl after all >.>.
-DD

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Sounds like ppl just got the homebrew channel. Doesnt matter if it plays dvd. Everyone prolly already has like 10 dvd players in theyre house. What DOESNT play DVD these days?

Aesir

Smash Master
Rich people carry a much higher tax load than we've been led to believe. The reason that you and I don't get tax cuts is because we don't pay taxes to begin with. Or at least I don't, due to my income bracket. And if I had to guess, you also pay less in taxes, both in absolute and percentage terms, then the average person making more than $100,000 a year does.
I'm not speaking of myself I'm speaking of my class, generally the working class gets ****ed up the *** with taxes.

I dunno where you're getting the idea that the rich pay a lot of taxes because that sounds like some Conservative mumble jumbo bull crap.

I mean unless you can prove it I'm going to go with the Conservative mumbo Jumbo bull**** excuse.

Papito

Smash Journeyman
^^^ rich people get out of that **** by doing that charity work bull **** and we definitely get ***** for taxes cuz they take more than 100 dollars out of my check everytime and i most definitly dont get all that **** back when i get my income tax check.

so my wii is seriously collecting dust are thee any good games for this system coming out or am i just screwed. i just know of that wario game and that wii sports resort **** oh and wii music but that **** looks mad gay.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I'm not speaking of myself I'm speaking of my class, generally the working class gets ****ed up the *** with taxes.

I dunno where you're getting the idea that the rich pay a lot of taxes because that sounds like some Conservative mumble jumbo bull crap.

I mean unless you can prove it I'm going to go with the Conservative mumbo Jumbo bull**** excuse.
Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/show/23408.html

Basically, the top 1% of wage earners paid more income taxes in 2006 than the bottom 50% combined.

Aesir

Smash Master
Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/show/23408.html

Basically, the top 1% of wage earners paid more income taxes in 2006 than the bottom 50% combined.
Funny does that chart take into account the subsidies, reliefs, blah blah that corporations and their CEO's receive? Probably not. I don't doubt that the Rich pay a lot in taxes, I should have probably been more clear.

Taxes are odd because the libertarian in me says "Hey if you made the money then you should keep as much of it as possible." But the Progressive in me can't help but see that as a problem especially in capitalism.

But generally I think taxes should be paid by the amount you earn if you made a lot you should pay more, but oddly enough I don't think it's the taxes that are the problem. The government makes a hell of a lot in taxes It's just ending those subsidies and special interests and making sure those tax dollars go into what they're suppose to go into and not into the pockets of someone else.

If you're poor you pay less, if you're rich you pay more. Sounds a bit socialized but hey I'm more of a Roosevelt kind of guy anyway.

Top Bottom