• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Using a demon is his signature ability. I have no idea what wild card is which shows how nothingburger it is.
”I don’t know about Joker’s ability to summon multiple Personas, so that means it’s insignificant!” Flawless logic.
I didn't bring Xenoblade up as the example. I simply used an aspect of it to show that the devs don't care about internal consistency. I simply used the example of the bikini wearing underage girl slaves as an example. They were not an existing feature in XB1, not even in the lore, but the devs wanted to add them, so they simply uprooted the world and lore to change it. Since ARMS is more grounded and lacks magic, it would not do this.
Considering how SMALL my mention of Xenoblade was and that my posts have ALWAYS been focused on ARMS, it can only be called insecurity that you'd become so insanely OBSESSED with my borderline offhand comment about Xenoblade.

I mean just look at you and your kin. You have zferolie zferolie zferolie zferolie , a guy who got angry enough to say he's leaving, still here trying to make the thread focus on the sexualized children you and him seem to like so much. What would you call that other then insecurity?
Once again, XC1 and XC2 are on different universes and as such, there’s no “uprooting” of anything, much less in favor of what you call “sexualized children” when they’re not even children in age or appearance. There’s no “insecurity” in trying to keep this discussion civil.
Sure is nice to see a 30 year old man describe underage teens like this https://emojipedia.org/face-vomiting/

Anyway, lets get back to ARMS. The game with characters actually worth discussing. :):):)
I mean, I think you indirectly started this when you brought up your “underage sexualisation“ nonsense.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Using a demon is his signature ability. I have no idea what wild card is which shows how nothingburger it is.

How would each ARMS' fighters gimmick be unbalanced?

I didn't bring Xenoblade up as the example. I simply used an aspect of it to show that the devs don't care about internal consistency. I simply used the example of the bikini wearing underage girl slaves as an example. They were not an existing feature in XB1, not even in the lore, but the devs wanted to add them, so they simply uprooted the world and lore to change it. Since ARMS is more grounded and lacks magic, it would not do this.
Considering how SMALL my mention of Xenoblade was and that my posts have ALWAYS been focused on ARMS, it can only be called insecurity that you'd become so insanely OBSESSED with my borderline offhand comment about Xenoblade.

I mean just look at you and your kin. You have zferolie zferolie zferolie zferolie , a guy who got angry enough to say he's leaving, still here trying to make the thread focus on the sexualized children you and him seem to like so much. What would you call that other then insecurity?

Sure is nice to see a 30 year old man describe underage teens like this https://emojipedia.org/face-vomiting/

Anyway, lets get back to ARMS. The game with characters actually worth discussing. :):):)
I never said i was leaving, i was saying i was putting you on the ignore list, which i did. However, i saw when i was quoting the below you are basically saying i am a pedophile. How is that productive? Enjoy another report and i hope a ban, because that is harrassment.

”I don’t know about Joker’s ability to summon multiple Personas, so that means it’s insignificant!” Flawless logic.

Once again, XC1 and XC2 are on different universes and as such, there’s no “uprooting” of anything, much less in favor of what you call “sexualized children” when they’re not even children in age or appearance. There’s no “insecurity” in trying to keep this discussion civil.

I mean, I think you indirectly started this when you brought up your “underage sexualisation“ nonsense.
He is being a troll and keeps using triggering or offensive words. Everyone just ignore him as he is brining nothing productive to this thread

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Joker summons one demon at a time. That's his special gimmick. That's the gimmick of every persona character. Thus it's what he does. Smash didn't simply delete the ability. Even if Smash didn't flesh it out to its full potential, it's still there.

Once again, XC1 and XC2 are on different universes and as such, there’s no “uprooting”
They created an entirely new universe. That's basically the definition of uprooting. If you went to Sakurai and asked why Shulk has smash original arts he could just say "NEW UNIVERSE LOL" and it would make sense in the context of the series.

much less in favor of what you call “sexualized children” when they’re not even children in age or appearance.
Teens are kids. And Like I said that topic IS NOT PART OF MY POINT. If you and others keep focusing on it, that's your own choice. I can only see that as an insecurity. If you, and others, never mentioned it then I wouldn't have even remembered that I had used it as an example lol

An objective fact isn't nonsense and see above please. I'm not the one holding onto that topic. I think it's yucky and would very much like it to be gone from this good, clean thread.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It was on a different topic until you dragged it back.

Stop derailing this thread please, or I will have to get the mods involved.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyways…regardless of who gets in, I’d like to think Spirits of most of (if not all of) the rest of the ARMS cast, Hedlok and Biff are likely to part of the DLC Spirit Board.
Hedlok has to be a Legend, no question. I doubt they’d reapply the base ARMS spirits onto this spirit board tho, especially if the fighter IS one of the five already present Spirits.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Hedlok has to be a Legend, no question. I doubt they’d reapply the base ARMS spirits onto this spirit board tho, especially if the fighter IS one of the five already present Spirits.
What would Hedlok's Legend Spirit effect be if that was the case, I wonder?

Fast Attack++ to simulate the extra 4 arms he grants? Final Smash++ to simulate his wicked powerful Rush Attack bomb?

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm personally still on the boat that the springy arms and long range in itself is already a unique "gimmick" for the ARMS character, so the secondary individual abilities can be overlooked (at least the more subtle ones like an extra jump etc). This is coming from an ARMS fan - I wouldn't mind multiple characters in a slot and am open to the possibility because I know it's possible. A single ARMS character is more than welcome as well, then we'll definitely get individual abilities in the mix.

Anyway, June can't come soon enough.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
IIRC a lot of the ARMS fighters are summon spirits so I don't think they'd be added to the board, at least not the same pngs already in the game.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
LMAO at "I know so little about Persona that I don't know what a Wild Card is but I'll still tell you what Joker's signature ability is"

To put things back on some kind of track, forgetting likelihood and everything else, what Fighter would you want and how would you want them to play?

Personally, It would be Dr. Coyle who would have hovering as her double jump and it would work as a combination of ROB's Up and Peach/Daisy's Float where you hold down jump to raise higher. It would give her great air control and fresh recovery but if she gets intercepted she'd be reduced to tethering the ledge.
I know she won't get in, and that's fine, but Dr. Coyle is such a cool character. Floating scientist with chain hands, and that ridiculous hair, I love it. I hope if ARMS gets a second character it's her. C'mon Nintendo, start boosting your new villains!

SwitchButton

A lot of the smash fanbase seems to be focusing on if the ARMS fighter will break some kind of glass ceiling in terms of Spirits. I really hope people don't pull a... "byleth" if the character turns out to be Max Brass or Dr. Coyle.

LMAO at "I know so little about Persona that I don't know what a Wild Card is but I'll still tell you what Joker's signature ability is"
Joker was added to be a generic Persona guy. He does the persona guy thing of summoning an SMT demon as a literal stand. That's his signature ability. He even sticks with his signature demon.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Anyways…regardless of who gets in, I’d like to think Spirits of most of (if not all of) the rest of the ARMS cast, Hedlok and Biff are likely to part of the DLC Spirit Board.
I think it's a safe bet that most if not all of the arms characters not spirits yet will be addes to the board, headlock and biff included.

I'm personally still on the boat that the springy arms and long range in itself is already a unique "gimmick" for the ARMS character, so the secondary individual abilities can be overlooked (at least the more subtle ones like an extra jump etc). This is coming from an ARMS fan - I wouldn't mind multiple characters in a slot and am open to the possibility because I know it's possible. A single ARMS character is more than welcome as well, then we'll definitely get individual abilities in the mix.

Anyway, June can't come soon enough.
Oh the long stretchy arms is going to be the main overall gimmick of whoever we get for sure. The other stuff is just a small bonus

Part of me is a little worried that with all this going on we may need to wait longer then june... but i hope thats not the case

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I don't think I ever mentioned who I actually think it will be.

I think if assist trophies can be upgraded it's 100% for certain Springman. And if it's not Springman then they 100% deconfirm. I'm like 50/50 on that so I'd put him as likely but not necessarily most likely.

If assist trophies can't be upgraded it's either Ribbongirl or Min Min. Ribbongirl is like the backup mascot if Springman doesn't work and Min Min is the most popular in case that's the criteria they go with if they can't have the primary mascot.

I think there's an unlikely scenario in which Max Brass gets in due to being the primary antagonist. The reason I say he's unlikely is because if they see him as so important then why didn't he get a spirit? Nevertheless it could happen.

Imo everyone else has a snowball's chance in hell.

SwitchButton

The reason I say he's unlikely is because if they see him as so important then why didn't he get a spirit? Nevertheless it could happen.
At the risk of triggering certain circles do you think that there's a chance that they intentionally left Brass out of the spirit lineup, lest they get the opportunity to add someone from ARMS as DLC?

This sounds baseless, but they DID also completely avoid adding ARMS music to the game as well for possibly that exact reason.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Thinking about each fighter's special ability in ARMS, he are ones that are being used in Smash
Spring Man and Springtron PermaCharge: Rage mechanic
Ribbon Girl Multiple Jumps and fast fall: Jigglypuff, Banjo & Kazooie, King Dedede, Kirby to name for starters cover it with fast fall speed difference.
Ninjara Smoke Dash: Like Mewtwo's Dodge Roll and Air Dodge
Twintelle Slow Aura: Bayonetta's witch time
Master Mummy and Mechanica: Bowser's Tough Guy, King K. Rool's Gut Armor and Heavy Armor on certain moves
Lola Pop inflating: would be like treating her as jigglypuff's light as a balloon and her shield may be more as an aesthetic look
Byte & Barq: Ice Climbers and Rosalina and Luma cover the Double Team
The ones that has their not touched in Smash Yet are:
Min Min
Max Brass
Misango
Dr. Coyle
Kid Cobra
Helix

If I'm wrong, put your ideas

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Joker was added to be a generic Persona guy. He does the persona guy thing of summoning an SMT demon as a literal stand. That's his signature ability. He even sticks with his signature demon.
The signature ability of every Persona protagonist is the Wild Card. That's what makes a Persona protagonist a Persona protagonist. If they wanted to do a generic Persona guy, they would have still used Wild Card. You're just exposing your ignorance. I never understood why people continue to argue a point when they know they lack information about what they're talking about.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Thinking about each fighter's special ability in ARMS, he are ones that are being used in Smash
Ribbon Girl Multiple Jumps and fast fall: Jigglypuff, Banjo & Kazooie, King Dedede, Kirby to name for starters cover it with fast fall speed difference.
Master Mummy and Mechanica: Bowser's Tough Guy, King K. Rool's Gut Armor and Heavy Armor on certain moves
Lola Pop inflating: would be like treating her as jigglypuff's light as a balloon and her shield may be more as an aesthetic look
Min Min
Max Brass
Misango
Dr. Coyle
Kid Cobra
Helix

Springtron doesn’t have rage but instead an EMP that disables the opponent’s ARMS for a while iirc. Just a slight correction

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't think they left anything ARMS releated out intentionally as it seems only Season 1 of DLC was planned out.

All the ARMS spirits were of fighters that were big in the ARMS pre-release hype and Max Brass was kept mostly under wraps until the game came out.

Shenryu64

Smash Rookie
I don't think that Lola Pop inflating is like Jigglypuff, I think she could move while shielding (having a weaker shield to balance? idk) and the inflating in the air could be a dair/down b with hitbox that can block one attack (even if in ARMs it doesn't have hitbox)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Min Min
Max Brass
Misango
Dr. Coyle
Kid Cobra
Helix

Misango's spirit ability is similar to Shulk's Monado Arts. Just wanna throw in my hat here.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Lola Pop's inflation would work differently from Jigglypuff's. Lola Pop's abilities are to defend in mid-air and to bounce to quickly re-position.

Heck, just having a shield in midair as opposed to a Brawl Airdodge would be a major game changer.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Springtron doesn’t have rage but instead an EMP that disables the opponent’s ARMS for a while iirc. Just a slight correction
Ok, that didn't click with me until I remembered when I did an Online Match with one. (Boy was it frustrating since I didn't play much.)

Still, would the EMP work in Smash?

SwitchButton

Almost. Twintelle's ability slows projectiles/attacks as they approach her, letting her react to them more easily. If she is actually struck while using it, the user isn't slowed down or anything. I wonder if programming that into Smash would even be possible.

I haven't a clue to how Max Brass would work, since his MAGIC MUSCLES only lasts about 5 seconds. Maybe just a down-B that has no charge time but you need to do it every 5 seconds to stay buffed up. That might get tedious though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ok, that didn't click with me until I remembered when I did an Online Match with one. (Boy was it frustrating since I didn't play much.)

Still, would the EMP work in Smash?
Stun maybe?

SwitchButton

That's what makes a Persona protagonist a Persona protagonist
What makes them a persona protagonist is being a highschool mary sue that uses an SMT demon as a stand. That's the entire setup of the series.

Or maybe Sakurai just didn't care about Joker considering he didn't even finish persona 5 lol

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
At the risk of triggering certain circles do you think that there's a chance that they intentionally left Brass out of the spirit lineup, lest they get the opportunity to add someone from ARMS as DLC?

This sounds baseless, but they DID also completely avoid adding ARMS music to the game as well for possibly that exact reason.
I feel like that's a stretch. They didn't have a season 2 planned yet, so if there was content they wanted to add and season 2 didn't happen, they just would have gone without it. I'd imagine they'd want to cover all their bases.

Edit: SwitchButton SwitchButton please just stop. I like 90% of your posts and you've backed me up on a bunch of stuff, so I don't want to block you. But you're ****ting on series you clearly know nothing about way too hard and generally being an ass to everyone in the thread. You're not convincing anyone here, you're just being a nuisance.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I don't think I ever mentioned who I actually think it will be.

I think if assist trophies can be upgraded it's 100% for certain Springman. And if it's not Springman then they 100% deconfirm. I'm like 50/50 on that so I'd put him as likely but not necessarily most likely.

If assist trophies can't be upgraded it's either Ribbongirl or Min Min. Ribbongirl is like the backup mascot if Springman doesn't work and Min Min is the most popular in case that's the criteria they go with if they can't have the primary mascot.

I think there's an unlikely scenario in which Max Brass gets in due to being the primary antagonist. The reason I say he's unlikely is because if they see him as so important then why didn't he get a spirit? Nevertheless it could happen.

Imo everyone else has a snowball's chance in hell.
Pretty much how i feel, but replace Max brass woth dr coyle. She would abe a lot more interesting, and really be our first female villain that wasnt an echo(dark samus is considered female in smash and metroid canon)

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
What makes them a persona protagonist is being a highschool mary sue that uses an SMT demon as a stand. That's the entire setup of the series.

Or maybe Sakurai just didn't care about Joker considering he didn't even finish persona 5 lol
I know I commented about this on my earlier post, but you're trying way too hard to **** on Persona. Sakurai is a die-hard persona fan and has been since the series beginning. The general consensus is that Joker literally got in just because Sakurai loves persona so much. I get that you're salty because you didn't want Joker, but this is just childish and embarrassing.

SwitchButton

But you're ****ting on series you clearly know nothing about way too hard and generally being an ass to everyone in the thread.
???

When? I have been civil in every post that I've made. If I say anything that seems negative, it's simply a fact that I am contributing that I discovered from research, and not my personal opinion.

I feel like that's a stretch. They didn't have a season 2 planned yet, so if there was content they wanted to add and season 2 didn't happen, they just would have gone without it. I'd imagine they'd want to cover all their bases.
I guess. The ARMS music missing is just such an oddity to me. Did games after ARMS have base game music? Maybe it missed a music cutoff date...

Sakurai is a die-hard persona fan
I never said he wasn't. But Sakurai himself outright confirmed that he never finished Persona 5. Finishing Persona 5 nets you a gold trophy, and Sakurai showed us his Playstation trophy stats earlier this year and he hadn't earned a single gold trophy. He did have like a bazillion bronze trophies tho.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

I mean, if you acknowledge that Sakurai can just not care about a game and thus represent it poorly, then that renders your entire point moot.

Now, just for the record, because this is getting tiresome, you've never played a Persona game, yes?

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
???

When? I have been civil in every post that I've made. If I say anything that seems negative, it's simply a fact that I am contributing that I discovered from research, and not my personal opinion.

I guess. The ARMS music missing is just such an oddity to me. Did games after ARMS have base game music? Maybe it missed a music cutoff date...

I never said he wasn't. But Sakurai himself outright confirmed that he never finished Persona 5. Finishing Persona 5 nets you a gold trophy, and Sakurai showed us his Playstation trophy stats earlier this year and he hadn't earned a single gold trophy. He did have like a bazillion silver trophies tho.
Oh you mean your made up fact that Sakurai didn't finish Persona 5? Because that's literally not even true.

Proof

Impressive "research" I gotta say. Clearly we should be taking your points seriously.

Also I take it referring to Joker as "a generic highschooler Mary Sue" and his wild card power as a "nothingburger" was facts based on research as well and not based on opinion?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
???

Ah yes, calling characters "Mary Sue", my favorite civil and researched argument.

If you're going to take cheap shots at stuff to rile people up, at least don't be so spineless and own it.

SwitchButton

Ah yes, calling characters "Mary Sue", my favorite civil and researched argument.

If you're going to take cheap shots at stuff to rile people up, at least don't be so spineless and own it.
The point of the game is to be an ideal highschool power fantasy. That's why it focuses on social sim aspects moreso then the traditional RPG dugeon aspects. The main character is intentionally an empty player vessel mary sue. How is that a cheap shot?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
To put things back on some kind of track, forgetting likelihood and everything else, what Fighter would you want and how would you want them to play?

Personally, It would be Dr. Coyle who would have hovering as her double jump and it would work as a combination of ROB's Up and Peach/Daisy's Float where you hold down jump to raise higher. It would give her great air control and fresh recovery but if she gets intercepted she'd be reduced to tethering the ledge.
while id be happy with most of them my top picks would be ninjago, disappearing in a puff of smoke when he jumps, min min, going full dragon arm for smash attacks, helix complete with full strechyness and lola pop inflating all over the place

well thank you for proving my point about not paying any attention to what other people are saying and for your continued support of putting words in my mouth. i never once said i like the designs, in fact i clearly said the opposite, my whole point was about the fact that you didnt under stand them game, its lore or indeed the development progress. you dont even seem to know that monolith brought in alot of manga aritsts and video games designer to design the various characters in game so your assertion that the dev created this world just to have them is doesnt work because the devs outsourced the character design. but hey if you want to make assertions about games you dont know about and want to accuse people of things they never said, you do you.

sorry everyone i dont mean to perpetuate this off topic segment but i felt the need to defend myself

Top Bottom