• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
People really don't give Spring Man enough credit. He's way more than just box cover boy, if the intention was to toss him aside when they discovered who was most popular, why make Springtron? Springtrons existence to me sets in stone his mascot role. The fact he's featured in way more of the unlockable art certainly doesn't hurt. Not to mention he's the fact he was the assist trophy to begin with. That he and Ribbon Girl got the Mii Costumes. He was already the one chosen to represent the game.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Dead or Alive is part of the Ninja Gaiden universe
I could've gone my whole life without knowing that.

People really don't give Spring Man enough credit. He's way more than just box cover boy, if the intention was to toss him aside when they discovered who was most popular, why make Springtron? Springtrons existence to me sets in stone his mascot role. The fact he's featured in way more of the unlockable art certainly doesn't hurt. Not to mention he's the fact he was the assist trophy to begin with. That he and Ribbon Girl got the Mii Costumes. He was already the one chosen to represent the game.
And yet, what's done is done. If you seriously thought Springtron was some retroactive creation to get Spring Man playable in Smash then I question how many tin foil hats you've been stashing away.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For reference, would the ARMS rep getting in be the shortest turnaround from new series to Smash character or does that still belong to Xenoblade Chronicles?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
For reference, would the ARMS rep getting in be the shortest turnaround from new series to Smash character or does that still belong to Xenoblade Chronicles?
Taking Japanese release dates into consideration, ARMS is the new winner.

amageish

Smash Master
I think ARMS takes it going by Japanese release dates, as it was released in June 2017 and will be getting a character out in June 2020. I suppose Xenoblade is faster if just counting America though, as that is April 2012 to playable in October 2014 (versus June 2010 to September 2014 in Japan)

Roy still wins in terms of individual character releases though and I don't see that record being broken anytime soon...

edit: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
Shulk's monado just straight-up has two arts never used in Xenoblade though
The Monado is an intentionally vague magical artifact that gave shulk literal godlike powers in his home game. It canonically does whatever magic nonsense the plot and gameplay need it to do. Why does it have two new arts? Because generic magics did magical magic

And did Simon and Ritcher teach one another moves via time-travel?
Even in Castlevania they are functionally the same character. They're direct blood relatives who have the exact same arsenal and L I T E R A L L Y the same signature whip.

Who taught Joker how to use eiha without his persona present?
Joker has no character to break. He's a empty player avatar. And once again the generic magics does magics because it's magicsssss

Also, if you really think about it, isn't it kind of weird how every single Smash character provides Kirby with a unique transformation based off of them and only them, when enemies in his own game usually genericize to a weapon-related transformation?
And now you're splitting hairs. Kirby's copy ability is intentionally interpreted differently for fun. It's not like he outright turns into the character like ditto, which would break character.

but if there is a moveset primarily based on using different types of ARMS, then I don't think it'd be too insane to have everyone be able to jump like Ribbon Girl.
But it's physically impossible for the likes of Spring Man to triple/quadruple-jump. Thus the idea would immediately be dismissed.

Last edited:

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
But it's physically impossible for the likes of Spring Man to triple/quadruple-jump. Thus the idea would immediately be dismissed.
Literally any character they choose would have to have a double jump like Ribbon Girl, a Parry like Spring Man and a dash like Kid Cobra because that's how a Smash character plays. So they'd have multiple characters' abilities by default.
Not that I think a Hero character is possible for Arms, it isn't, but those basic abilities are necessary for a functional character.

amageish

Smash Master
And once again the generic magics does magics because it's magicsssss
If your argument is "They can break the properties of JRPGs with long stories that give specific parameters to the powers of characters to create tension/emotion in said long stories because, at the end of the day, those powers are 'generic magic,' but we can't break the properties of a fighting game were most of the plot comes from supplementary material and where the canon source of everyone's defining power is 'sometimes people wake up to find that they have stretching arms now, which they can control via mask and use to enter sports competitions'" then... I think we'll have to agree to disagree.

I don't know if we'll get a multi-character in one. I don't especially want one. I just feel like I've seen a lot of discussion in this and other threads that treats the notion of an ARMS character doing anything mildly out-of-character as sacrilege when... like... Smash changes stuff. It's how Smash works. Sakurai has literally said that part of the challenge of negotiating with third parties is that he has to be given creative license.

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
The Monado is an intentionally vague magical artifact that gave shulk literal godlike powers in his home game. It canonically does whatever magic nonsense the plot and gameplay need it to do. Why does it have two new arts? Because generic magics did magical magic

Even in Castlevania they are functionally the same character. They're direct blood relatives who have the exact same arsenal and L I T E R A L L Y the same signature whip.

Joker has no character to break. He's a empty player avatar. And once again the generic magics does magics because it's magicsssss

And now you're splitting hairs. Kirby's copy ability is intentionally interpreted differently for fun. It's not like he outright turns into the character like ditto, which would break character.

The thing is its impossible to try to compare universes and even more if we are making assumptions about them, magic is not just generic magic to those characters, yes in our world it is, but for some reason your argument is about the videogames world, not ours. In ARMS there's not such thing as "generic magic" but there is "generic technology" that affects the physical traits, same reason why they can only control their ARMS because of the masks they use and were created by scientists, so i could see most of the changes that happen in the series justified by "ARMS Laboratories" discoveries, like special "shoes" based on Ribbon Girl's DNA that let others jump multiple times if needed (In ARMS they mention a lot how they try to study each fighters composition and traits and Helix is literally a result of DNA experimentation). Unfortunately we don't know if ARMS Laboratories could work that way or if the "generic magic" is even teachable in some of the instances you mentioned because that is an assumption as well, and honestly Smash won't need to justify whatever they add/change/remove from a character anyway so it is not that relevant.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I wouldn't consider it a waste personally. Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara and Min Mins unique ability in ARMS wouldn't do much to separate them in the context of Smash, especially Ribbon Girl. And as far as personality goes, we've seen they're willing to have more and more differences in taunts with Byleth. I suspect that if they go the costume route, they'd share one taunt. One where they make their CSS pose which they already share.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't consider it a waste personally. Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara and Min Mins unique ability in ARMS wouldn't do much to separate them in the context of Smash, especially Ribbon Girl. And as far as personality goes, we've seen they're willing to have more and more differences in taunts with Byleth. I suspect that if they go the costume route, they'd share one taunt. One where they make their CSS pose which they already share.
the whole concept annoys me, not just for arms, alph feels like a wasted opportunity and the jr feels like your playing the koopa clown car than jr

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
the whole concept annoys me, not just for arms, alph feels like a wasted opportunity and the jr feels like your playing the koopa clown car than jr
Bowser Jr. along with Little Mac and Villager were the only 3 Smash 4 newcomers I gave even an ounce of **** about (I also like Rosalina but never craved her in Smash) but besides Villager both Jr. and Mac disappointed me in how they played. Little Mac is fun to play if you're playing casually but as soon as you try to go competitive with him he falls apart and is trash.

Then Bowser Jr comes along and Im super excited then see the Koopa Clown Car and immediately got disappointed. I wanted Bowser Jr. on his feet with the paintbrush and melee attacks. I grew to somewhat enjoy playing with Jr. because admittedly he is a unique playstyle but yeah it does feel like your controlling a Koopa Clown Car over an actual character. Especially considering Jr.'s final smash makes no since canon wise if you use it while playing as one of the Koopaling alts.

Also it sucks that Alph and Koopalings didnt get amiibo because IMO that makes character as alts worth it because their is no other way to get amiibo of those characters as it clear by the fact that their alts they were never intended to be fully unique and playable to begin with. But then again the only time we saw alts as amiibo was the last 3 Smash 4 DLC characters..

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It's certainly a fair opinion to have, but to me it's just more the merrier. I just see them as another character to play as.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It's certainly a fair opinion to have, but to me it's just more the merrier. I just see them as another character to play as.
thats fair, but to me it would feel like it was really them so it would be a case of that for me

also after my least favourite mario character got in i no longer think that at all

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Prior, Splatoon- 2014 got a character in 2018
ARMS was 2017- getting one in 2020
So it does win.
Unless it gets delayed to 2021.

SwitchButton

Literally any character they choose would have to have a double jump like Ribbon Girl
Ribbon girl has 3 or 4 jumps, not the standard Smash bros 2

a Parry like Spring Man and a dash like Kid Cobra
Smash characters don't have Spring Man's deflect or Cobra's invincible (by default)

If your argument is "They can break the properties of JRPGs with long stories that give specific parameters to the powers of characters to create tension/emotion in said long stories because, at the end of the day, those powers are 'generic magic,' but we can't break the properties of a fighting game were most of the plot comes from supplementary material and where the canon source of everyone's defining power is 'sometimes people wake up to find that they have stretching arms now, which they can control via mask and use to enter sports competitions'" then... I think we'll have to agree to disagree.
Magic is inherently baseless and immeasurable. It works because it works. That's the pitfall of magic as a concept in all forms of media. The fantastical elements of ARMS still abide by internal metaphysics. Minmin may have a transforming noodle/dragon arm, but in context it's a biological quirk that's unique to her and her alone. There is no magical way to handwave Spring Man or Ribbon Girl having it.

Also it's safe to say that the Xenoblade devs don't care about rigidly sticking to the rules of their game world considering they replaced the monado with creepy naked sexualized underage slave girls.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Smash characters don't have Spring Man's deflect or Cobra's invincible (by default)

Magic is inherently baseless and immeasurable. It works because it works. That's the pitfall of magic as a concept in all forms of media. The fantastical elements of ARMS still abide by internal metaphysics. Minmin may have a transforming noodle/dragon arm, but in context it's a biological quirk that's unique to her and her alone. There is no magical way to handwave Spring Man or Ribbon Girl having it.

Also it's safe to say that the Xenoblade devs don't care about rigidly sticking to the rules of their game world considering they replaced the monado with creepy naked sexualized underage slave girls.
Well um, that last comment there is a gross misunderstanding of the game. Technically the monardo is in the game, but it isnt thw weapon rex uses which turns into pyra or mythra. There are also many other ages and genders and animals that are blades too, and not a single one is underage. Dont bring your bias here please.

As for slaves, one could go that route for some blades, but as a whole they dont seem like slaves. Thats like saying pokemon is slavery or animal abuse.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well um, that last comment there is a gross misunderstanding of the game. Technically the monardo is in the game, but it isnt thw weapon rex uses which turns into pyra or mythra. There are also many other ages and genders and animals that are blades too, and not a single one is underage. Dont bring your bias here please.

As for slaves, one could go that route for some blades, but as a whole they dont seem like slaves. Thats like saying pokemon is slavery or animal abuse.
Electra and Ursula LOOK young, but all Blades are implied to be at LEAST hundreds of years old due to how the lore explains them, to not go into spoilers.

Anyway... can we get back to talking about ARMS now? Don’t want off topic warnings

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Dodging does make you invincible in a sense while moving, so that's basically Kid Cobra's move.
A perfect parry is literally Spring Man's ability. They have to block to do it, but it's there.
All other characters have one jump, so having a double jump is Ribbon Girl's ability automatically. They don't need to have three or four, more than one is already covering Ribbon Girl.

Seems like you'd expect a one-to-one recreation of these characters' abilities when really you're arguing semantics as to what constitutes having these abilities in.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well theyre not the same world anyway. you never played 2 did you?

SwitchButton

Well um, that last comment there is a gross misunderstanding of the game
Everything I said was accurate. I even verified it before posting. I never said the underage bikini girl slaves were the actual monado. Just the fact that the devs would happy destroy any world building for the sake of fanservice shows that they aren't invested in keeping their world's metaphysics consistent, thus Sakurai inventing new monado arts isn't an issue. They're willing to simply invent new forms of magic.

That's the point.

Electra and Ursula LOOK young, but
I'm not sure how to reply to this. Yucky.

Dodging does make you invincible in a sense while moving, so that's basically Kid Cobra's move.
Cobra's move is a dash. Not a dodge. The only real comparison would be Fox's lightdash thing, but he's not completely invincible during it.

A perfect parry is literally Spring Man's ability. They have to block to do it, but it's there.
Spring Man's ability is a deflection. It's not a parry. ARMS DOES have parries on it's shields though.

Seems like you'd expect a one-to-one recreation of these characters' abilities
I expect an accurate representation of the character, yes.

They don't need to have three or four
But that's Ribbon Girl's literal defining trait? It's like... her entire gimmick.

well theyre not the same world anyway
So you agree that the Xenoblade devs aren't concerned with keeping strict rules on how their world's metaphysics work? Considering they'll invent entirely new worlds for new games. That's my point.

ARMS has rigid metaphysics meaning just because some fantastical things happen does not mean that ANY random fantastical thing can happen

Last edited:

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Cobra's move is a dash. Not a dodge. The only real comparison would be Fox's lightdash thing, but he's not completely invincible during it.
Spring Man's ability is a deflection. It's not a parry. ARMS DOES have parries on it's shields though.
I expect an accurate representation of the character, yes.
But that's Ribbon Girl's literal defining trait? It's like... her entire gimmick.
ARMS has rigid metaphysics meaning just because some fantastical things happen does not mean that ANY random fantastical thing can happen
You're literally just arguing semantics with most of these points.
And if you seriously expect perfect accuracy, then I wonder if you play Smash at all. There's bound to be some liberties taken because guess what.. It's a different style of game! Smash uses a completely different movement style and if a character's ability is close enough to a move in Smash, chances are they're going to use it. Ness and Lucas, Game & Watch, Byleth and Mario all have moves that represent different parts of their history, or in Byleth's case they represent their game as a whole, no matter how little sense it makes. That's the most likely course of action with Arms - having a moveset that reflects multiple characters by using those characters' moves and/or abilities. Expecting perfect recreations just isn't realistic, even Bayonetta, who I'd argue is the MOST accurate to her games, has been tweaked slightly.

TL;DR: Smash doesn't follow metaphysics, Smash just IS.

SwitchButton

You're literally just arguing semantics with most of these points.
And if you seriously expect perfect accuracy, then I wonder if you play Smash at all. There's bound to be some liberties taken because guess what.. It's a different style of game! Smash uses a completely different movement style and if a character's ability is close enough to a move in Smash, chances are they're going to use it. Ness and Lucas, Game & Watch, Byleth and Mario all have moves that represent different parts of their history, or in Byleth's case they represent their game as a whole, no matter how little sense it makes. That's the most likely course of action with Arms - having a moveset that reflects multiple characters by using those characters' moves and/or abilities. Expecting perfect recreations just isn't realistic, even Bayonetta, who I'd argue is the MOST accurate to her games, has been tweaked slightly.

TL;DR: Smash doesn't follow metaphysics, Smash just IS.
Seems like you have no idea who it is that directs smash. Spoiler: he's one of the most agonizingly detail obsessed perfectionists in the industry.

Go turn smash on and actually look at how the characters animate please. They aren't glorified brawl mods. They're actual characters who carry their core identities.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Everything I said was accurate. I even verified it before posting. I never said the underage bikini girl slaves were the actual monado. Just the fact that the devs would happy destroy any world building for the sake of fanservice shows that they aren't invested in keeping their world's metaphysics consistent, thus Sakurai inventing new monado arts isn't an issue.
that is a gross and total assumption on your part. A game cant have fanservice and also do world building? Bull****. There are games that do both easily. An amusing example is the senren kagura series, the disgaea series, the hyper neptunia series, and more. Or are you just someone who is one of those people thats more ok with people murderimg people in games then with games showing off some skin?

also, you do know that many of the games in the xeno world are vastly different? Xenosaga, xenoblade, and even xeno gears are all kinda sorta in the same universe and reference past games, despite totally different looks and feels of the game. Hell, even between the 3 xenoblade games the ton and style is different but also simular.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So you agree that the Xenoblade devs aren't concerned with keeping strict rules on how their world's metaphysics work? Considering they'll invent entirely new worlds for new games. That's my point.
thats quite a claim to make i feel, just cause they set their games in different worlds they musnt care about the rules of their world.

he's one of the most agonizingly detail obsessed perfectionists in the industry.
if that was true bowser, dk, diddy and k. rool would have their usual voices

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Seems like you have no idea who it is that directs smash. Spoiler: he's one of the most agonizingly detail obsessed perfectionists in the industry.

Go turn smash on and actually look at how the characters animate please. They aren't glorified brawl mods. They're actual characters who carry their core identities.
And that same perfectionist also gave four different Dragon Quest characters a shared pool of spells, many of which those characters don't canonically share between them.
That same perfectionist gave a regular Piranha Plant abilities from several other Plant species despite the Fighter NOT being that species!
That SAME perfectionist still TO THIS DAY refuses to give Ganondorf ANY of his canonical moves, instead only giving him a sword that was NEVER used in an actual Zelda game!
So don't tell me Sakurai cares about getting a character 100% accurate because that is objectively BS!

amageish

Smash Master
Uh. Whoops. Sorry guys. I didn't mean to morph the ARMS thread into the "Does Xenoblade Have a Canon?" thread.

I think I'm going to go and hide now... Happy waiting for the character everyone! Hopefully the outcome is someone everyone is happy with...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Uh. Whoops. Sorry guys. I didn't mean to morph the ARMS thread into the "Does Xenoblade Have a Canon?" thread.

I think I'm going to go and hide now... Happy waiting for the character everyone! Hopefully the outcome is someone everyone is happy with...
"Everyone is happy with"? Um, well, how can I put this delicately...?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Who here thinks that the ARMS stage (Whatever that will be) will take a page from Spiral Mountain and have it rotate?

I just feel like if they're going to make an ARMS stage, they have to use that particular gimmick and tweak it in some way or another. Unless they add something convoluted like, I dunno, Z-axis attacks like Cloud's B-air knocking an opponent to a completely different 2D plane on the same stage or something, but that's probably not likely.

Last edited:

SwitchButton

that is a gross and total assumption on your part. A game cant have fanservice and also do world building? Bull****. There are games that do both easily. An amusing example is the senren kagura series, the disgaea series, the hyper neptunia series, and more. Or are you just someone who is one of those people thats more ok with people murderimg people in games then with games showing off some skin?
I'm going to ignore you getting triggered over someone being a normal person and not being interested in naked underage girl characters, because that's not what my point is focused on.

Xenoblade went out of it's way to uproot it's entire concept of magic so that it could re-invent it to revolve around the fan service. They needed a way to insert fanservice so they said "meh just erase the old magic metaphysics".

THAT'S THE POINT. The Xenoblade devs clearly have no rulebook on what their magic needs to be. Thus, Sakurai can invent anything he wants and it doesn't break character for shulk.

thats quite a claim to make i feel
It's literally what they did. They uprooted the entire world so that they could change how magic worked.

And that same perfectionist also gave four different Dragon Quest characters a shared pool of spells, many of which those characters don't canonically share between them.
4 DQ characters who are identical in every way, and have no identity of any kind. They can learn some spells, so logically they have the capacity to learn them all. Because magic is magic.

That same perfectionist gave a regular Piranha Plant abilities from several other Plant species despite the Fighter NOT being that species!
We don't know what a piranha plant is completely capable of. It's a cartoon plant. As far as we know it's acting perfectly normal

So don't tell me Sakurai cares about getting a character 100% accurate because that is objectively BS!
He has never once outright destroyed a character's identity by giving them someone else's animations, poses, and gameplay gimmicks.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Who here thinks that the ARMS stage (Whatever that will be) will take a page from Spiral Mountain and have it rotate?

I just feel like if they're going to make an ARMS stage, they have to use that particular gimmick and tweak it in some way or another. Unless they add something convoluted like, I dunno, Z-axis attacks like Cloud's B-air knocking an opponent to a completely different 2D plane on the same stage or something, but that's probably not likely.
I think it could be either the character’s home stage, or the Max Brass stage. Or maybe even [NAME REDACTED]. No literally, that’s what the bonus stage for difficulty 4 on up is called

zferolie

Smash Hero
Flaming
I'm going to ignore you getting triggered over someone being a normal person and not being interested in naked underage girl characters, because that's not what my point is focused on.

Xenoblade went out of it's way to uproot it's entire concept of magic so that it could re-invent it to revolve around the fan service. They needed a way to insert fanservice so they said "meh just erase the old magic metaphysics".

THAT'S THE POINT. The Xenoblade devs clearly have no rulebook on what their magic needs to be. Thus, Sakurai can invent anything he wants and it doesn't break character for shulk.

It's literally what they did. They uprooted the entire world so that they could change how magic worked.

4 DQ characters who are identical in every way, and have no identity of any kind. They can learn some spells, so logically they have the capacity to learn them all. Because magic is magic.

We don't know what a piranha plant is completely capable of. It's a cartoon plant. As far as we know it's acting perfectly normal

He has never once outright destroyed a character's identity by giving them someone else's animations, poses, and gameplay gimmicks.
I am not getting ****ing triggered because of underaged girls you dip****. You are just casually assuming they just did what they did, adding blades, because of fanservice and what look like underaged girls but arent in bikinis. Your whole argument is because xenoblade 2 has anime ******* the devs dont care about their lore so neither would sakurai, and thats a very stupid argiment and thats pissing me off

If you looked at any of the xeno games, they have always been a mix of science and magic, they never just ditched something to get some fanservice in, or completely got rid of their world building for world breaking stuff. If you actually played any of the games and not just looked at twitter crying about anime **** you would understand this.

There is a basic rule book, and basic ideas. That hasn't changed in any of the games. Sure a lot of details change but core stuff doesnt.

So stop pretending you know **** and saying because of that sakurai can do whatever he wants. Sakurai does look at the core of every game and builds sets from there. Maybe embelesing here or there to fit the idea. But you can see shulks monado arts in smash fitting into the xenoblade world. Same with Byleth using all the weapons, or ness and lucas being able to use other party skills.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
or they simply wanted to tell a different story, rather than thinking we need a reason for why the rules are suddenly completely different from the game before last. youre making an awful lot of assumptions about the mind set of the folks at monolith

zferolie

Smash Hero
or they simply wanted to tell a different story, rather than thinking we need a reason for why the rules are suddenly completely different from the game before last. youre making an awful lot of assumptions about the mind set of the folks at monolith
I mean, its almost like what Final fantasy does every game, changes the world, changes how some things work, but the core rules are still there, but nah, the developer only wanted to show off some anime boobs and butt so screw all the lore of the game, am i right?

SwitchButton

[laughs in Echo Fighter]
See? Even the slightest differences warrant echo fighters to have their own slots. That shows that individuality is important to Sakurai.

I am not getting ****ing triggered because of underaged girls you dip****. You are just casually assuming they just did what they did, adding blades, because of fanservice and what look like underaged girls but arent in bikinis. Your whole argument is because xenoblade 2 has anime ******* the devs dont care about their lore so neither would sakurai, and thats a very stupid argiment and thats pissing me off
Tell me again how you aren't getting triggered. Insults don't add to the debate. We can and must be civil while having debates here, please.
The creepy naked underage girl slaves themselves are NOT the point. The point is that they wanted to focus on something different for XB2, like fanservice, so they were willing to erase the rules of the world to make room for something different. Thus when Sakurai does it, it does not conflict with Shulk's and Xenoblades character.

You use Final Fantasy as an example, but Final Fantasy as a whole makes an effort to keep it's metaphysics consistent. Thats why most if not all Final Fantasty games share magic spells and items and such. They keep the core metaphysics.

but nah, the developer only wanted to show off some anime boobs and butt so screw all the lore of the game, am i right?
That's literally what XB2 did. Completely uprooted world and lore of the first game so as to make room for magical bikini slave teen girls. That's why, when Smash Bros makes alterations to Shulk's magic, its okay because its what his home series has also done.

It fits his character and his game series. That's the point.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
On the topic of which character- I can damn near guarantee that it will not be Hedlock. When choosing an ARMS character to represent the game, the only way it promotes the game is to give a general sample of what the game is actually like. A character with extra ARMS does not showcase the true game.
I was talking about the Final Smash. Hedlok makes sense as the Final Smash.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's literally what XB2 did. Completely uprooted world and lore of the first game so as to make room for magical bikini slave teen girls. That's why, when Smash Bros makes alterations to Shulk's magic, its okay because its what his home series has also done.

It fits his character and his game series. That's the point.
well if anything XCX uprooted the world of the first one. And if you think they’re slaves you really don’t understand the lore at all

Top Bottom