• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Do not reply to off topic posts, least of all provocative ones.

Arguments are fleeting
ARMS are eternal!

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
https://twitter.com/PushDustIn/status/1218991669250412544

Sakurai did not finish Persona 5 according to his playstation account
So your "research" didn't inform you that Platinum trophies aren't awarded for finishing the game, but rather for 100% completion most of the time? Completing Persona 5 gives you a gold trophy.

Then again, this is the guy who's "research" into games doesn't include playing them. Hooray for science I guess.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
well thank you for proving my point about not paying any attention to what other people are saying and for your continued support of putting words in my mouth. i never once said i like the designs, in fact i clearly said the opposite, my whole point was about the fact that you didnt under stand them game, its lore or indeed the development progress. you dont even seem to know that monolith brought in alot of manga aritsts and video games designer to design the various characters in game so your assertion that the dev created this world just to have them is doesnt work because the devs outsourced the character design. but hey if you want to make assertions about games you dont know about and want to accuse people of things they never said, you do you.
This is an ARMS thread, and the thread creator has already requested that this offtopic discussion be dropped. I have also requested that such a gross topic be dropped.

I suggest we all just ignore switchbutton. They're obviously just trolling at this point. Report and move on.
Been saying that since yesterday lol
Please do not post harassment just because we wish to talk about ARMS in an ARMS thread :)

Arguments are fleeting

ARMS are eternal!
this x100

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
This is an ARMS thread, and the thread creator has already requested that this offtopic discussion be dropped. I have also requested that such a gross topic be dropped.
i actually explained that i was defending myself but hey you dont care what other people write, you were too busy accusing them of things the had not done

supermario_all_moons

Smash Rookie
It could be spring man, and having springtron replace the assist trophy, which means waluigi has a chance still! But it also could be mechanica with "Mech" as a codename

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It could be spring man, and having springtron replace the assist trophy, which means waluigi has a chance still! But it also could be mechanica with "Mech" as a codename
Where did the "mech" codename come from? I'm not too up to date on the latest datamines.

SwitchButton

i actually explained that i was defending myself but hey you dont care what other people write, you were too busy accusing them of things the had not done
This post isn't very productive to ARMS discussion. It just builds my report case to the mods :)

yees i think
Oh daaaang Mechanica suddenly beating the odds out of nowhere. What a twist that could be.

Ace C.R.O.S.S.

Smash Ace
Even in Castlevania they are functionally the same character. They're direct blood relatives who have the exact same arsenal and L I T E R A L L Y the same signature whip.
Wrong. Almost each Belmont has something in particular.
Juste Belmont can use Magic, Christopher Belmont can shoot fireballs with the whip, Richter can perform some Martial Arts...
They Mainly use the whip of course, but each Belmont is different.

SwitchButton

Wrong. Almost each Belmont has something in particular.
Right but there are multiple interpretations of most Belmonts. The most generalized form of almost each of them is generally "whip slashing vampire hunter" so some of the finer details being lost in translation is inevitable. In the case of ARMS there is only one version of the characters. There's less room for creative interpretation.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The way I see it, a lot of the excitement within the Smash community is that """rules""" will be broken no matter who it is

(Though after Cloud, I don't know why we bother with rules at all anymore.)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
The way I see it, a lot of the excitement within the Smash community is that """rules""" will be broken no matter who it is

(Though after Cloud, I don't know why we bother with rules at all anymore.)
Yeah. You'd think with characters like Cloud and Joker, the fanbase would throw their self-published "rulebook" out the window and into the dumpster outside, right?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Yeah. You'd think with characters like Cloud and Joker, the fanbase would throw their self-published "rulebook" out the window and into the dumpster outside, right?
For better or worse, people want to know EXACTLY where the line is drawn. We know that the character has to come from a video game, but that's about it. They want something more concrete, if that makes any sense.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For better or worse, people want to know EXACTLY where the line is drawn. We know that the character has to come from a video game, but that's about it. They want something more concrete, if that makes any sense.
I guess it is human nature to seek order within chaos, to see patterns where there are none.

SwitchButton

I guess it is human nature to seek order within chaos, to see patterns where there are none.
I mean for better or for worse there will always be regulations. Otherwise we'd get a really REALLY controversial and random roster like Sony All-Stars. That game straight up ignored DANTE FROM DEVIL MAY CRY so it could add the awful ugly DmC reboot version of him hahaha.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I dm'd SwitchButton SwitchButton and it turns out they legitimately weren't trolling. I think the reaction of the thread legitimately hurt their feelings. I can definitely understand how frustrating it would be to have a whole thread you frequent think you're trying to troll them and not be able to convince them otherwise. That's probably why it got so heated. I know tensions were high earlier, but I think it would be nice if people reached out to them and if we give them a warm welcome when they come back.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I dm'd SwitchButton SwitchButton and it turns out they legitimately weren't trolling. I think the reaction of the thread legitimately hurt their feelings. I can definitely understand how frustrating it would be to have a whole thread you frequent think you're trying to troll them and not be able to convince them otherwise. That's probably why it got so heated. I know tensions were high earlier, but I think it would be nice if people reached out to them and if we give them a warm welcome when they come back.
Yeah, saying things like a game is all about underaged teenage slaves, and calling me a pedophine for saying the game is not like that, seems pretty trollish and attacking other people and not sure how one can do that by mistake....

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Yeah, saying things like a game is all about underaged teenage slaves, and calling me a pedophine for saying the game is not like that, seems pretty trollish and attacking other people and not sure how one can do that by mistake....
That was out of line to say, and I'm not at all trying to minimize your feelings, but I don't believe they actually straight up called you that. If they were just trying to troll, they wouldn't have said what they did in the dm. And to be fair, the entire thread was ganging up on them. I can definitely imagine someone reacting harshly in that kind of situation and I know first-hand how frustrating and stressful that is.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Try and sort out that sort of thing in the PMs.

same here, the gates really do seem to be open to any video game character
Does seem that it's created a bit of the opposite problem of a rule where every 3rd party pick has to be massively significant to gaming history as a whole.

zferolie

Smash Hero
That was out of line to say, and I'm not at all trying to minimize your feelings, but I don't believe they actually straight up called you that. If they were just trying to troll, they wouldn't have said what they did in the dm. And to be fair, the entire thread was ganging up on them. I can definitely imagine someone reacting harshly in that kind of situation and I know first-hand how frustrating and stressful that is.
He was saying how i liked sexualized underage kids. Thats saying someone is a pedophile

Maybe, but they kept using "sexualized, underaged slaves" everytime talking about the game, and how they cared more about that then the lore of the world. That is a very aggressive and confrontational line to use over and over and over. It pulled away from any argument he may have been trying to make, like someone using the N word or F word when mentioning a type of person.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
LMAO at "I know so little about Persona that I don't know what a Wild Card is but I'll still tell you what Joker's signature ability is"

I know she won't get in, and that's fine, but Dr. Coyle is such a cool character. Floating scientist with chain hands, and that ridiculous hair, I love it. I hope if ARMS gets a second character it's her. C'mon Nintendo, start boosting your new villains!
Yes I would love Dr. Coyle. Yes more villains Nintendo! Add in DJ Octavio, Captain Syrup, Porky Minch, King Hippo, Sylux, Pig Ganon, and Medusa while we're at it.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yes I would love Dr. Coyle. Yes more villains Nintendo! Add in DJ Octavio, Captain Syrup, Porky Minch, King Hippo, Sylux, Pig Ganon, and Medusa while we're at it.
Dr. Coyle in particular would be great as she'd be the first female villain who's the main antagonist of her series and has her own unique moveset. (Wendy being a high ranking minion and Dark Samus being the main antagonist of a sub-series)

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
He was saying how i liked sexualized underage kids. Thats saying someone is a pedophile

Maybe, but they kept using "sexualized, underaged slaves" everytime talking about the game, and how they cared more about that then the lore of the world. That is a very aggressive and confrontational line to use over and over and over. It pulled away from any argument he may have been trying to make, like someone using the N word or F word when mentioning a type of person.
I completely agree with you, but we were all being really aggressive back too. People say stuff they don't mean when they feel cornered. It's legitimately really rough when an entire thread gangs up on you like that.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I completely agree with you, but we were all being really aggressive back too. People say stuff they don't mean when they feel cornered. It's legitimately really rough when an entire thread gangs up on you like that.
I will keep that in mind in the future. I normally am quite forgiving and will see what happens when he returns. I'll un ignore him if he wants to start a conversation too.

Anyway, back to ARKS talk really guys. This all in the past now

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Dr. Coyle in particular would be great as she'd be the first female villain who's the main antagonist of her series and has her own unique moveset. (Wendy being a high ranking minion and Dark Samus being the main antagonist of a sub-series)
I would argue she'd be the first female villain period. Wendy is an alt and not a full fledged character, and Dark Samus is technically a non gendered entity. More of an it than a he or she.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm still going to assume the ARMS fighter will be decent overall at bare minimum in terms of usability

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I would argue she'd be the first female villain period. Wendy is an alt and not a full fledged character, and Dark Samus is technically a non gendered entity. More of an it than a he or she.
though as they use female pronouns in the game you can see why people refer to her as such

Top Bottom