• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
same as DQ including its fighters as well
Actually...

That got me thinking.

ARMS doesn't have any promotional spirits does it?

Unless Barq promotes to Byte and Barq.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Since you mentioned that, I decided to think about what I'd imagine a Biff Spirit being like:

View attachment 272575
Spirit Name: Biff
Spirit Type::starman::starman::starman: Support
Opponent: Yellow:ultgnw:, Red :ultgnw: (x3)
Stage: Boxing Ring
Rules:
  • The enemy likes to avoid conflict (Yellow G&W)
  • The enemy has increased punch and elbow strike power (Red G&W)
  • The battle is timed (1:39)
  • Defeat the main fighter to win (Yellow G&W)
Music Track: ARMS Medley
Spirit Effect: Lightweight +

I didn't know what Spirit Effect would fit Biff TBH.
Here’s my interpretation:

5370C3A4-3DEC-4777-9EE9-78408D608D85.png
Spirit: Biff
Class: :starman::starman::starman::starman:
Spirit Type: Support
Effect: Transformation Duration ^

Opponent: :ultpikachu: (Libre)
Conditions:
-The enemy loves to taunt
-Hostile Assist Trophies (Spring Man)
-The enemy tends avoid conflict
Stage: [ARMS Stage]
Music: Grand Prix (ARMS)

MattX20

Smash Hero
I would be shocked if we got less than 10 music tracks for the ARMS rep. Given it's a new game/franchise to Smash, it needs to get at least 15.

SwitchButton

Banned via Administration
I would be shocked if we got less than 10 music tracks for the ARMS rep. Given it's a new game/franchise to Smash, it needs to get at least 15.
Does ARMS even have more then 20 tracks? Honestly I think they could fit the entire soundtrack very easily

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
every stage has it's own music. there are 15 stages in arms. this, not to mention there's also remixes.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Lol there's definitely more than 20 songs.

Personally rather than just lifting every song and tossing it in Smash I hope they actually get us new remixes for a couple of them and then add the more tonally different character themes to fill in the rest (Master Mummy's theme, for example, is fairly different from the rest of the songs and would be a great addition.)

The Sky Arena Hedlock theme is a must, of course.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
How many songs are in the ARMS OST? If it's a reasonable number then they could feasibly put them all in the game. Has any game ever had its entire soundtrack put in smash? Except things like Ice Climbers and ROB.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
On the subject of ARMS music, I stumbled on this video about the culture behind the OST, really interesting insight into game music design.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
To be fair, DLCs doesn't need to have enhancable spirits, Persona and Fatal Fury / SNK don't have one. I imagine Arms to be the same.
Isn’t one of the DQ spirits enhanceable? The house leaders from FE3H are

MattX20

Smash Hero
The only spirit I could see being upgradable is Hedlok, and that's it. Byte and Bark are always together

Staarih

Smash Master
To be fair, DLCs doesn't need to have enhancable spirits, Persona and Fatal Fury / SNK don't have one. I imagine Arms to be the same.
Yeah, there’s not one that clearly works as enhanceable, maybe Hedlok to lvl 8 Hedlok, but having one isn’t necessary. There seems to be more of a pattern regarding the ranks of the spirit, f. ex. every Spirit Board having at least one Legend rank spirit etc.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, spirits aren't advertised as part of the DLC in the first place. Theres no promise to how many there'll be if any. It's like how the promise several music tracks, but not a specific quantity or if there'll be any remixes.

Also, If he isn't the chosen fighter, I totally see Incineroar for Max Brass.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Tbf I wonder how the character will be presented. A showcase, something like Joker perhaps or maybe a direct? (Probably not though)

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Tbf I wonder how the character will be presented. A showcase, something like Joker perhaps or maybe a direct? (Probably not though)
I'm convinced it'll basically play out like Byleth. Live stream announced a day or so before, character revealed at the start and presented immediatly, followed by release date. Maybe 7 could be revealed at the end, with no E3 I'm not sure theres a better place to do it.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I'm convinced it'll basically play out like Byleth. Live stream announced a day or so before, character revealed at the start and presented immediatly, followed by release date. Maybe 7 could be revealed at the end, with no E3 I'm not sure theres a better place to do it.
If several characters are being revealed I would have thought it would be a direct. But yeah it'll probably be like Byleth. If any other reveals happen it'll be one more tops

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
If several characters are being revealed I would have thought it would be a direct. But yeah it'll probably be like Byleth. If any other reveals happen it'll be one more tops
Yo never know, there might be more added to the game than just one character so they might just call it a Smash Direct.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Compared to the wait between December 2018 and E3 2019, this is nothing
For those who don't have jobs like me, it feels slower than it would be otherwise. At least I had that back then.

Yo never know, there might be more added to the game than just one character so they might just call it a Smash Direct.
Oh yeah, that's right, we haven't had those since November 2018. Only this time it'd be livestream-ish.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
With this, I imagine they would have 2 reveals, the ARMS rep and FP7. One thing about Nintendo is that they still need to sell the pass, and there are many who were still burned about Byleth, and they need either a big fan requested character or a major 3rd party to sell the pass. ARMS on its own won't be enough

Trevenant

Smash Lord
With this, I imagine they would have 2 reveals, the ARMS rep and FP7. One thing about Nintendo is that they still need to sell the pass, and there are many who were still burned about Byleth, and they need either a big fan requested character or a major 3rd party to sell the pass. ARMS on its own won't be enough
If it is actually branded as a smash direct then we will inevitably get at least 2 reveals including the ARMS rep and tops 3. If not we will probably get just the ARMS character on its own. It's not like people are going to avoid the DLC. They will only buy it once a character they care about gets in and that's the same whether they are still invested in Smash or not.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
If it is actually branded as a smash direct then we will inevitably get at least 2 reveals including the ARMS rep and tops 3. If not we will probably get just the ARMS character on its own. It's not like people are going to avoid the DLC. They will only buy it once a character they care about gets in and that's the same whether they are still invested in Smash or not.
They were invested to fund a second season of DLC. They're invested in it, and they know they need to sell it, otherwise it's a waste of time and resources.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I can see three reveals if they’re all spaced out in terms of when they actually release. Hero and Banjo were revealed in the same direct but Hero dropped late July and Banjo dropped I think early September

I.e. ARMS is released the same day they’re actually revealed (June), FP7 drops in August and FP8 drops in October

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can see three reveals if they’re all spaced out in terms of when they actually release. Hero and Banjo were revealed in the same direct but Hero dropped late July and Banjo dropped I think early September
I'm not sure if they'll cram what essentially is half of the remaining reveals into one presentation.

Another character I can see but there is no reason announcing a fighter when we have to wait so many months and two other fighters before their release.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
They were invested to fund a second season of DLC. They're invested in it, and they know they need to sell it, otherwise it's a waste of time and resources.
By invested in it, I meant the average consumer, not Nintendo themselves. The consumer will be back invested into smash if it's a character they care about gets revealed and will then purchase the DLC. Same goes if they are still playing Smash.

I.e. ARMS is released the same day they’re actually revealed (June), FP7 drops in August and FP8 drops in October
Yeah that is pretty much the no brainer if how it could go. ARMS rep releases in June, 7 releases in Fall and 8 releases in Winter. But personally I'm just expecting the ARMS character in a presentation to be months safe side. I admit a direct is a long shot and 2 would still be most plausible

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'd like three reveals for DLC fighters as much as anybody else on this thread, but here's the thing: as far as I can tell, DLC characters are only revealed 2 at a time. E3 2015 with Roy and Ryu was a little workaround at the time because we already knew Lucas was coming, and as Rie mentioned before, Hero and Banjo were revealed at E3 last year.

I'd say they'd stick with only two and reveal who the ARMS character is and Challenger Pack 7, and end on that in terms of Smash, because even if Challenger Pack 6 is from ARMS, we still don't know who the hell it is.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I'd like three reveals for DLC fighters as much as anybody else on this thread, but here's the thing: as far as I can tell, DLC characters are only revealed 2 at a time. E3 2015 with Roy and Ryu was a little workaround at the time because we already knew Lucas was coming, and as Rie mentioned before, Hero and Banjo were revealed at E3 last year.

I'd say they'd stick with only two and reveal who the ARMS character is and Challenger Pack 7, and end on that in terms of Smash, because even if Challenger Pack 6 is from ARMS, we still don't know who the hell it is.
I hope people aren't expecting three reveals tbh. I was saying it could maybe happen but probably won't. It could be argued to be a stretch to see 7 under the assumption it's just a Sakurai showcase.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Maybe a brief teaser for the third if not a full trailer?

MattX20

Smash Hero
By invested in it, I meant the average consumer, not Nintendo themselves. The consumer will be back invested into smash if it's a character they care about gets revealed and will then purchase the DLC. Same goes if they are still playing Smash.

Yeah that is pretty much the no brainer if how it could go. ARMS rep releases in June, 7 releases in Fall and 8 releases in Winter. But personally I'm just expecting the ARMS character in a presentation to be months safe side. I admit a direct is a long shot and 2 would still be most plausible
That is my point, Trevenant. They need to get consumers to buy the Fighter Pass, and ARMS isn't going to be enough to sell, hence my comments about a big fan favorite request or a major 3rd party character.

Top Bottom