• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I won't lie, I'm hyped as hell for Pokemon Snap 2 or New Pokemon Snap. The inner N64 fanboy in me has awaken and is filled with joy.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Seems totally unnecessary to have ANOTHER Pokemon event next week. Seems like Nintendo really doesn't care about Pokemon news overshadowing the Smash update. They could have just released the Smash character earlier in the month so it wouldn't get lost amongst the Pokemon craziness, but I guess its too late for that now lmao

I have a feeling next week's announcement is going to be Diamond/Pearl remakes and that'll be all anyone talks about for a while. Hopefully the ARMS character gets a little love too, but I can see them getting totally overlooked.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think it would be wise of Nintendo to announce the Arms fighter this week instead of next week so Smash doesn't steal all the Pokemon attention for next week.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
I think it would be wise of Nintendo to announce the Arms fighter this week instead of next week so Smash doesn't steal all the Pokemon attention for next week.
I don't think it's possible for anything to steal the attention away from Pokemon. I'm more worried about Smash not getting any attention because of Pokemon.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't think it's possible for anything to steal the attention away from Pokemon. I'm more worried about Smash not getting any attention because of Pokemon.
Actually, I feel like Smash could almost steal attention from anything though. Yes, Pokemon is the highest grossing media franchise of all time but when it comes to news, no one over reacts to anything gaming quite like Smash. Smash news always get's the most attention because everybody always wants to know if their all time favorite video game character made it in or not.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I could see maybe the ARMS character being announced between now and before the next Pokemon direct. That way Fighters pass 6 will be released and by the time Urshifu is announced as FP7 at the end of the next Pokemon Direct. :troll:

But seriously that Pokemon Snap 2 announcement for Switch tho! The nostalgia and hype leveled the K.Rool reveal and DKCR and Prime 4 announcements for me. 2020 Switch line-up has been saved with that one game IMO.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Actually, I feel like Smash could almost steal attention from anything though. Yes, Pokemon is the highest grossing media franchise of all time but when it comes to news, no one over reacts to anything gaming quite like Smash. Smash news always get's the most attention because everybody always wants to know if their all time favorite video game character made it in or not.
But that's kind of the thing. We aren't really promised an actual new character and we probably won't be getting 7 till at earliest July. That's why Pokemon pretty much beats out smash in that regard. I don't know when to expect it but I'm honestly thinking the 30th could be it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
But that's kind of the thing. We aren't really promised an actual new character and we probably won't be getting 7 till at earliest July. That's why Pokemon pretty much beats out smash in that regard. I don't know when to expect it but I'm honestly thinking the 30th could be it.
I feel like it would be better for them to announce #77 alongside the Arms rep.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I feel like it would be better for them to announce #77 alongside the Arms rep.
That depends on what has been affected. It may be better but a lot has changed. Either way I wouldn't expect any new characters till July at the earliest which isn't too bad even less of a wait if it's on the 30th.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The only reason we're probably not getting any Smash news this week is entirely due to the Sword and Shield DLC and they don't want sales cannibalized. Sales for whatever additional games are coming out will not cannibalize the Fighter Pass since they likely won't be out for a year or two anyway

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well nothing to do but keep our twitter feed refreshed.

Who knows, one day I'll probably be looking through Know Your Meme's new images and BAM spoilers.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well nothing to do but keep our twitter feed refreshed.

Who knows, one day I'll probably be looking through Know Your Meme's new images and BAM spoilers.
Easier solution: twitter mobile app, set notifications for NOA, NOE and NintendoVS and make your phone give push notifs too

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Sales for the DLC of pokemon have already happened, they are not gonna drastically change now, it will keep selling normally. It's not like we haven't seen stuff from that DLC already to get people hooked to buying it. Also this guy on Era pretty much sums up how i feel about people thinking Nintendo can't show more than one thing per week, lol
Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 10.18.15 AM.png

If there's a DLC whose sales are still very on the air, it's Smash, simply because we dont know who the hell is really the next character. If anything that's the one DLC Nintendo should be focusing on hyping up for sales.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Bylteth had to have Soothis rewind time to get the other Lord's Weapons, Geese Howard fell to his death (yet again) trying to get into Smash and King K. Rool got thoroughly Gruntilda'd in Banjo's.
well rewinding time doesnt count and grunty didnt die so i doubt k.rool did

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
well rewinding time doesnt count and grunty didnt die so i doubt k.rool did
: I didn't die, I'm still here! Now watch me come for your rear end!

Smash fans: "There's always a Smash thing a week after Pokemon stuff."
Nintendo: "Here, have a second Pokemon presentation next week."
Smash fans: ****!

MattX20

Smash Hero
At any rate, these have been mini-presentations at best. I don't think we have to worry about Smash being held back for next week since the DLC for Sword and Shield will have been out for a week already by that point.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At any rate, these have been mini-presentations at best. I don't think we have to worry about Smash being held back for next week since the DLC for Sword and Shield will have been out for a week already by that point.
Plus they can just do smash reveals THIS week and have the ARMS character be downloadable the next and it’s all still within June

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
It's about sharing the spotlight and managing with calm the news, people will talk about Nintendo this week and the next, at least with pokémon. I think that is better this than the E3 style where everything takes the stage at once, makes sense for a company, but also they are dropping bits of info during a long period of time instead of just in one day. Covid changed marketing plans and developments , strech the info ready to share as much as you can, who knows when we'll be able to back to normal. By now we still got news but I don't know what will happen when the full E3 pack become revealed.
Sure, a Smash reveal still is possible tomorrow-friday but I don't see it. They are not announcing games and such every day or big shot after big shot, they are sharing info with a dropper, we're seeing it, some Pokémon stuff is helded for the next week. People seems happy with Pokémon Snap and S&S DLC, plus Rope Bunny, Lego and other minor announcements, enough for this week.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well the week's still only half done so we'll see what comes next.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about shadow dropped reveals for a moment there, and then it occured to me that it's a shame you don't get to see the Nintendo store reaction videos if they shadow drop a trailer... THEN I wondered... is that maybe why they didn't announce the mini direct? To prevent get togethers happening? Imagine a ton of Smash fans got together for a reveal trailer and that news spread around.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I was thinking about shadow dropped reveals for a moment there, and then it occured to me that it's a shame you don't get to see the Nintendo store reaction videos if they shadow drop a trailer... THEN I wondered... is that maybe why they didn't announce the mini direct? To prevent get togethers happening? Imagine a ton of Smash fans got together for a reveal trailer and that news spread around.
I have the perfect workaround: Nintendo Direct is announced, and at the same time, Nintendo NY puts up a code for a Zoom conference or something. People will be watching the Direct while at the conference, so we will still get the store reaction vids, but in a different manner.

Though, I will say, shadowdropping the Direct Mini was a good approach to this COVID stuff and all that.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

This statement.
Oh yeah, I think I remember seeing that now. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Gosh, I really hope my jokes of June 30th don't become real, but I'm starting to feel like that might be what happens.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, I think I remember seeing that now. Thanks for the reminder. :)

Gosh, I really hope my jokes of June 30th don't become real, but I'm starting to feel like that might be what happens.
I wouldn't be surprised, especially with big Pokemon news coming on the 24th. They probably want to distance themselves from that by at least a few days.

There's still the small possibility that they'll delay things too, but it feels a little late for that.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be surprised, especially with big Pokemon news coming on the 24th. They probably want to distance themselves from that by at least a few days.

There's still the small possibility that they'll delay things too, but it feels a little late for that.
More like way too late at this point. With just barely over a week left in June, it seems unlikely

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
More like way too late at this point. With just barely over a week left in June, it seems unlikely
Oh yeah I seriously doubt it'll get delayed. I'm just saying there's still that possibility no matter how small. Stranger things have happened.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Kinda stinks how there's more pessimism and tension in the air than there is excitement and hype for this ARMS character. I've been just as impatient as everyone else, but it's been an excited sort of impatient. This has been giving me something to look forward to. Everyone else seems...frustrated, I guess?

I dunno. I guess I wish more people didn't have this, "Hurry up and get it over with!" attitude.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Kinda stinks how there's more pessimism and tension in the air than there is excitement and hype for this ARMS character. I've been just as impatient as everyone else, but it's been an excited sort of impatient. This is has been giving me something to look forward to. Everyone else seems...frustrated, I guess?

I dunno. I guess I wish more people didn't have this, "Hurry up and get it over with!" attitude.
I know, right? Not to sound cliche, but patience is a virtue and good things come to those who wait.

Top Bottom