• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Which would be 9 EST, so like 55 mins from now I guess

is that when the Joker + Stage Builder vid shadow dropped?
I was trying to remember what time that video dropped. I remember it being the evening time. It is getting pretty late though so I wouldn't hold my breath for anything tonight. Its still possible though.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I am expecting nothing tonight other than the Sakurai pic of the day being the Spring Man assist trophy.

Even with it meaning absolutely nothing, the fanbase will still be the fanbase about it.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I am expecting nothing tonight other than the Sakurai pic of the day being the Spring Man assist trophy.

Even with it meaning absolutely nothing, the fanbase will still be the fanbase about it.
I can already expect people think it somehow looks more detailed than the Assist Trophy :p

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, now that the Isle of Armor is about to drop, do you think the Pokémon pattern will hold up? We usually get Smash stuff on the following week after any major event for Pokémon occurs.

I'm pretty sure it'll be something completely random and unrelated.

At least the Phoenix thread rightfully treats it as nothing but fun and just spins them all into vaguely being related to Ace Attorney.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So, now that the Isle of Armor is about to drop, do you think the Pokémon pattern will hold up? We usually get Smash stuff on the following week after any major event for Pokémon occurs.

I'm pretty sure it'll be something completely random and unrelated.

At least the Phoenix thread rightfully treats it as nothing but fun and just spins them all into vaguely being related to Ace Attorney.
For better or worse, it's our only hope...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If it's not next week, it's pretty much confirmed to be the 29th (because if it's the 30th, it could be July 1st in Japan depending on the time and therefore, the original Japanese broadcast would be a lie)... unless they announce a delay first.

Last edited:

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
If a delay happens they should had said it by now. Nothing points at it by the way, looks like Nintendo continues with news and digital releases. Few, at random, shadow drops, but still going. Pokémon gets a big DLC and a short presentation no matter the virus, why Smash should be different? Smash is just in a later date.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm practically convinced they're going to do 2 reveals as FP6 on its own seems highly unlikely given the long amount of time both FP6 and FP7 had for development.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I'm practically convinced they're going to do 2 reveals as FP6 on its own seems highly unlikely given the long amount of time both FP6 and FP7 had for development.
To be honest I'm a little nervous to say this, but at this point I'm honestly wondering if we're actually getting a Direct followed by a Sakurai Presents for the ARMS fighter. I appreciate the previous directs leaked, and that that source had said we'd see nothing until September, but my understanding is that THEIR sources were third parties. Perhaps Nintendo would warn them the scheduled direct was cancelled, release your marketing as you see fit, and then work on a Direct for themselves and their closest partners.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
To be honest I'm a little nervous to say this, but at this point I'm honestly wondering if we're actually getting a Direct followed by a Sakurai Presents for the ARMS fighter. I appreciate the previous directs leaked, and that that source had said we'd see nothing until September, but my understanding is that THEIR sources were third parties. Perhaps Nintendo would warn them the scheduled direct was cancelled, release your marketing as you see fit, and then work on a Direct for themselves and their closest partners.
Perhaps........but why?

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Why to what part? If you mean why would we get a direct, Nintendo have been quiet on their plans since before the pandemic, but they did plan to go to E3 so I expect they've been planning to reveal alot of their own stuff and still want to. If you mean not working with all their partners, if the direct is delayed it affects their schedules for marketing, so they need to be warned in advance, besides dropping some partners while they figure out the source of the leaks isn't a bad idea.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Not expecting much right now. Just small character presentation right before they release.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Why to what part? If you mean why would we get a direct, Nintendo have been quiet on their plans since before the pandemic, but they did plan to go to E3 so I expect they've been planning to reveal alot of their own stuff and still want to. If you mean not working with all their partners, if the direct is delayed it affects their schedules for marketing, so they need to be warned in advance, besides dropping some partners while they figure out the source of the leaks isn't a bad idea.
I mean this part.

Perhaps Nintendo would warn them the scheduled direct was cancelled, release your marketing as you see fit, and then work on a Direct for themselves and their closest partners.
Why only keep with the closest partners instead of all of them?

Last edited:

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Because by delaying the direct they are messing up other publishers marketing schedules, so warning them allows them to make other plans. With their closest partners their plans might be more in step, for example, a Switch exclusive game, a game tied to new hardware or a new Smash character tied to a game announcement. Once things go back to normal, the regular system of accepting materials for directs over a larger period of time would presumably return.

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
Not expecting much right now. Just small character presentation right before they release.
That's what I'm expecting too. Nothing more than that. I was hoping it was gonna be earlier in the month but I guess we weren't that lucky.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I have an ARMS related question. My little couson just got the game for his Nintendo Switch. Instead of getting the cartridge like I did he downloaded it. But there's something strange with his version of the game. None of the characters voices are audible! At certain points you can hear them but most of the time they're completely silent. Maybe I should redownload it for him. But I was wondering if anyone else experienced this?

It should also be noted that his Nintendo Switch is a mess. He's a kid, so he drops it and gets it dirty. (I clean it up when he comes over) So maybe that's a factor.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have an ARMS related question. My little couson just got the game for his Nintendo Switch. Instead of getting the cartridge like I did he downloaded it. But there's something strange with his version of the game. None of the characters voices are audible! At certain points you can hear them but most of the time they're completely silent. Maybe I should redownload it for him. But I was wondering if anyone else experienced this?

It should also be noted that his Nintendo Switch is a mess. He's a kid, so he drops it and gets it dirty. (I clean it up when he comes over) So maybe that's a factor.
That is certainly unusual.

Like they don't play at all, even in victory screens?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Not even in the victory screen. There was no voices except when doing a Rush attack. But it's been resolved. I redownloaded it and now they have their voices again. It must not have downloaded correctly the first time

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not even in the victory screen. There was no voices except when doing a Rush attack. But it's been resolved. I redownloaded it and now they have their voices again. It must not have downloaded correctly the first time
I'm glad it was fixed.

But yeah it sounds like the data got corrupted somehow.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing we've all forgotten in the speculation. Namely, who's going to get killed off in the trailer?

I'm thinking it might be Little Mac... again.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
i dont think anyones died in the trailers for a while
Bylteth had to have Soothis rewind time to get the other Lord's Weapons, Geese Howard fell to his death (yet again) trying to get into Smash and King K. Rool got thoroughly Gruntilda'd in Banjo's.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Bylteth had to have Soothis rewind time to get the other Lord's Weapons, Geese Howard fell to his death (yet again) trying to get into Smash and King K. Rool got thoroughly Gruntilda'd in Banjo's.
Not to mention Hero beat up Marth and Meta Knight and Joker presumably beat up the person he stole his invitation from.

Last edited:

Buzzwole

Smash Ace
So what are we thinking about our chances of a reveal today?
Given that there's a Pokemon event today, I can't see them doing Smash stuff on top of that.

That being said though, Nintendo and the Pokemon Company act pretty independently, so its not impossible.

I'd say today is pretty unlikely though.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Given that there's a Pokemon event today, I can't see them doing Smash stuff on top of that.

That being said though, Nintendo and the Pokemon Company act pretty independently, so its not impossible.

The most I could see is an announcement for a reveal later in the day.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
And so, the post of the day was completely unrelated to ARMS, as expected.

You all know that belated birthdays are a thing, right? I figure they won't celebrate in earnest until when the formal reveal happens.

The ultimate test for that theory will be next week, since Ishihara apparently wants to unveil another Pokémon project on the 24th. Probably an app about styling your hair with Pokémon, or some other nonsense like that.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Welp...

Another Pokemon thing next week.

I very much doubt Nintendo cares about Smash or Pokemon drowning each other at this point because if they do and try not to talk about both in the same week, then the alternative is most likely a shadowdrop on the 29th or the morning of the 30th (specifically morning because Japanese time zone).

And honestly, I know marketing's pretty rough, but relesing a character we know nothing about with no warning whatsoever? Even Nintendo's not stupid enough to do that, right? ...........RIGHT?! :lol:

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Welp...

Another Pokemon thing next week.

I very much doubt Nintendo cares about Smash or Pokemon drowning each other at this point because if they do and try not to talk about both in the same week, then the alternative is most likely a shadowdrop on the 29th/30th.

And honestly, I know marketing's pretty rough, but relesing a character we know nothing about with no warning whatsoever? Even Nintendo's not stupid enough to do that, right? ...........RIGHT?! :lol:
We got time zones on our side to see a post in advance on JP Twitter, I wouldn't fret over a silly thing like that.

Unless you live in Japan, that is.

At the latest, we could see something happen on June 28 9PM. Kinda like when the Hero showcase was announced. This isn't Jump Rope Challenge.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Remember that there could always be a shadow drop out of nowhere. There is nothing to blame but ourselves in the community to stir things up. No offense to anyone really.
Screenshot_20200616-223236_YouTube.jpg

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
We got time zones on our side to see a post in advance on JP Twitter, I wouldn't fret over a silly thing like that.

Unless you live in Japan, that is.

At the latest, we could see something happen on June 28 9PM. Kinda like when the Hero showcase was announced.
I don't expect anything on a Sunday. So I believe they're probably not gonna care about Smash and Pokemon being on the same week.

Otherwise, if they really do care about Smash and Pokemon being on separate weeks, they have such a tight window without breaking their release window that they might as well just shadowdrop the character, with maybe a little announcement of a presentation beforehand.........maybe.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Smash Fans: We want the ARMS rep next week!
Nintendo: Nah lol nope here's more Pokemon content instead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom