• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
ARMS can “fly” and one such ARM is a boomerang (one that belongs to Ninjara). When was pass 2 finalized tho? Last E3? Cause maybe the dude did see Min Min

however, I do still think it was for the first pass as FP4 “hasn’t appeared yet” which was referring to the publisher. That ended up being Terry (SNK). FP5’s publisher “already appeared” and that was Byleth (Nintendo).
Well Min Min's Ram-Ram chackrams could be taken as a "Boomerang weapon" given they both perform the same function in pop culture.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Again, that all boils down on who did Nintendo, Sakurai and the ARMS creators agreed with. So the same answer recycled until the announcement, it could go either way.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So hearing that Pokemon DLC will be occurring next week and that week after. We either get the announcement and reveal this week or we're otherwise probably waiting until the end of June.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So hearing that Pokemon DLC will be occurring next week and that week after. We either get the announcement and reveal this week or we're otherwise probably waiting until the end of June.
I tend to agree. Pokemon doesn't like to share the spotlight with others which makes Smash Bros itself a very unusual case.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Nintendo always wants to keep the biggest games separated from each other since it could lead to possible interference with misinterpretation or a false message.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, so one guy (Milk-Bosatsu) claims that his source saw a female fighting game character that he apparently couldn't identify as Min Min, while another claimed that Spring Man comes with alts on the 16th.

It feels like we're getting close to solving this, yet can't.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Okay, so one guy claims that his source saw a female fighting game character that he apparently couldn't identify as Min Min, while another claimed that Spring Man comes with alts on the 16th.

Just gotta dig a little deeper. What do both these leaks have in common?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Both claim that a certain ARMS character is the fighter.

Still, the leaks going back and forth on who is legit is just getting chaotic at this point.
Screenshot_20200206-234321_YouTube.jpg

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Okay, so one guy (Milk-Bosatsu) claims that his source saw a female fighting game character that he apparently couldn't identify as Min Min, while another claimed that Spring Man comes with alts on the 16th.

But I thought that leak was from ages ago?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What's fake the Milk-Bosatsu leak?
It’s fake if you assume it was for FPV1. But with the possibility that their source did see Min Min and assume she was next...

it’s the leak that just won’t die for better or for worse

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

GolisoPower

Smash Master
For those curious, this is the current leak we're talking about

https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_rumors#Milk-BOSATU_leak
Holy ****...I think I may have just pieced all this together. They might've been leaking Min Min this entire time!

A female who looks like she's from a fighting game...ARMS is literally a fighting game.

Holds a throwing weapon like a boomerang or a hammer...one of Min Min's signature gloves is a chakram.

Wears Japanese clothing...Min Min's clothes aren't exactly Japanese, but the misconception is understandable.

If this is what was leaked all along, then they've been playing 3D chess this whole time.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The only problem with Milk-BOTATSU is that claiming it was for Min Min all this time would be saying they actually thought of Min Min as early as December 2018, if not even earlier.

And that seems ludicriously early for a Season 2 character.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The only problem with Milk-BOTATSU is that claiming it was for Min Min all this time would be saying they actually thought of Min Min as early as December 2018, if not even earlier.

And that seems ludicriously early for a Season 2 character.
When was pass 2 finalized? E3 2019? It wouldn’t be too far fetched as teases of Banjo talks happened at E3 2018 iirc

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
All this talk of leaks and I'm still blown away that the League of Legends fighter one is still running.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
When was pass 2 finalized? E3 2019? It wouldn’t be too far fetched as teases of Banjo talks happened at E3 2018 iirc
And that Min Min would be worked on during E3 2019?

Because one of the teases where Botatsu metionned their source seeing the character being in development was around that time.

To say it's for Min Min would imply she was being worked on for at least an entire year!

Which again, is utterly ludicrous because it would mean Min Min was being worked on alongside literally the entire first Pass but Joker!

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
How, exactly? Is there a set killswitch date for that one?
The only thing that it's got going for it was the confirmation of the Trials of Mana Spirit Event, and even then, it's still up in the air as to whether or not that's just luck.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The only thing that it's got going for it was the confirmation of the Trials of Mana Spirit Event, and even then, it's still up in the air as to whether or not that's just luck.
A Mii costume based on Hollow Knight is an easy guess too

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm very confident the ARMS rep will be revealed this week. If it is I expect the announcement tomorrow or Wednesday.

Hopefully and finally we can move onto next speculation.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
I don't see the ARMS rep being worked on over a year ago being all that strange to be honest, as I personally suspect that they knew they wanted an ARMS rep pre launch. hence why the held back on the music despite both of ARMS' composers working on Ultimate and being In-house at Nintendo. But again, I've said my piece on that in the past, just re stating, theres at least reason why I believe the ARMS rep being in some form of development for a while is feasible. presumably launch characters were in development for around 3 years.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't see the ARMS rep being worked on over a year ago being all that strange to be honest, as I personally suspect that they knew they wanted an ARMS rep pre launch. hence why the held back on the music despite both of ARMS' composers working on Ultimate and being In-house at Nintendo. But again, I've said my piece on that in the past, just re stating, theres at least reason why I believe the ARMS rep being in some form of development for a while is feasible. presumably launch characters were in development for around 3 years.
Aren’t DLCs worked on in threes too? If PP was intended to be base but pushed to DLC, it’s possible Joker, Hero and Banjo were worked on shortly before the game released (and why Joker had enough progress on him to warrant a tease). It would ALSO explain rumors of a Square Enix rep, leakers being unsure if it was base or DLC, and the infamous Seven Squares list in December 2018.

It’s ALSO possible Min Min, if that’s who Milk’s source saw, was intended for FP5 but switched places with Byleth who might have been intended for the second pass. After all, NOBODY knew about Byleth. Would also explain increased leak security. This bit of speculation may be a stretch (pun), but the DLC worked on in threes was literally confirmed I’m sure.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Okay, assuming for a moment that the Milk-Bosatsu one factors into anything...what if their source thought they had seen a base character, but it was their alt instead? It would still make the "Spring Man with alts" one seem plausible if Min Min is a Spring Man alt.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Aren’t DLCs worked on in threes too? If PP was intended to be base but pushed to DLC, it’s possible Joker, Hero and Banjo were worked on shortly before the game released (and why Joker had enough progress on him to warrant a tease). It would ALSO explain rumors of a Square Enix rep, leakers being unsure if it was base or DLC, and the infamous Seven Squares list in December 2018.

It’s ALSO possible Min Min, if that’s who Milk’s source saw, was intended for FP5 but switched places with Byleth who might have been intended for the second pass. After all, NOBODY knew about Byleth. Would also explain increased leak security. This bit of speculation may be a stretch (pun), but the DLC worked on in threes was literally confirmed I’m sure.
Yes characters are worked on batches of 3 as far as we know. Pushdustin translated one sakurai tweet back then that confirmed this because it said that they were working on joker , fp2 and fp3.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Okay, assuming for a moment that the Milk-Bosatsu one factors into anything...what if their source thought they had seen a base character, but it was their alt instead? It would still make the "Spring Man with alts" one seem plausible if Min Min is a Spring Man alt.
Doubtful, as when they talked about Hero’s alt, I recall them saying DQXI was the default while III, IV and VIII were alts (and again no female versions)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
presumably launch characters were in development for around 3 years.
You realize that they didn't just make characters for the entire development cycle, right?

They had to impliment new mechanics, like parrying, instant short hops, directional airdodge, etc.

They had to impliment over 100 stages, many of which from scratch.

All the different new models, items, Assist Trophies and Poke Ball summons that had to be worked on.

The 6 different maps of World of Light.

Testing every single one of the 1000+ Spirit battles.

There's far more to a base game than the characters, which is why I have doubts on a leak that, according to the fanbase, implies Min Min was decided at the same time as the first Fighters Pass.

Do I see an ARMS rep be decided for a season 2 around E3 2019? Yes, yes I do, but Milk-BOTATSU implies that character was in active development. And given that at the time, we only had Joker, with Hero not coming for another month, I have a LOT of doubt concerning the idea that Min Min was worked on alongside Hero, Banjo, Terry and Byleth.

That feels like people looking too deep into fake leaks to justify the Ramen Bomber.

Top Bottom