• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I noticed that there was also a character with arms made of kkultarae (Korean cotton candy, basically) that the artist made.

I had to look up what kkultarae was, but when I learned what it was, I realized just how genius that right there was.

Last edited:

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I feel like that could even be the pass's whole theme, promoting AT's to playable status.
Assist trophies AND spirits. Spring Man is occupying more than one position everyone says deconfirms a fighter. Meaning there's hope yet.

hyped2go.jpg

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You know, I still feel like there's an outcome that most people won't expect in all of this.

It feels like a good time to summon PokéfreakofBACON PokéfreakofBACON , they're an expert in regards to those ID slots that were datamined months ago, and I want to know what their opinion on those is regarding ARMS' situation.

Or, it would be, as they apparently haven't been seen over a month so...if memory serves right, 29 ID slots were accounted for, right? For alts and base characters.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know, I still feel like there's an outcome that most people won't expect in all of this.

It feels like a good time to summon PokéfreakofBACON PokéfreakofBACON , they're an expert in regards to those ID slots that were datamined months ago, and I want to know what their opinion on those is regarding ARMS' situation.

Or, it would be, as they apparently haven't been seen over a month so...if memory serves right, 29 ID slots were accounted for, right? For alts and base characters.
16 for the WoL ones, which are the ones that truly count. if all were filled there'd be 91 roster slots, which seems to be the upper limit on the CSS without crashing

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
16 for the WoL ones, which are the ones that truly count. if all were filled there'd be 91 roster slots, which seems to be the upper limit on the CSS without crashing
Yeah, so if we substract 16 from 29, that leaves us with 13 potential alts. 13 subtracted by the amount of current DLC alts (5 or 6, depending on whether :ultpiranha:'s pipe counts at all) would give us approximately 7 or 8 unused alts for roughly 1-3 base model fighters.

Assuming the math is correct, of course.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
How would you feel if we got a double reveal of Spring Man and Ribbon Girl echo in a similar way to Simon and Richter.

The trailer takes no time to reveal Spring Man after defeating Little Mac:
"Spring Man Springs into Action!"
Next a gameplay montage showing off his moves and the stage Spring Stadium.
The trailer goes back to CG showing Spring Man cheering to the crowds at Spring Stadium. Just then, a fist comes flying in from the background and hits Spring Man in the face. It's Ribbon Girl, and the cinematic slows down to show that the scene is an exact copy of the ARMS boxart.
"Ribbon Girl Wraps things Up!"
Another gameplay montage showing off Ribbon Girl.
The trailer finishes with Spring Man and Ribbon Girl leaping into the air launching their fists at one another in a similar way to K.Rool and Donkey Kong in K. Rool's trailer.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Honestly, the Spring Man assist trophy looks really fun to play as. There's something very satisfying about the range and the speed at which the attacks come out. It may not be feasible balance wise, but if possible, I really hope they keep a similar speed and range for the actual fighter's attacks.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You think they'll let you control the direction of the punches just like in ARMS?
I'm sure they'll at least have an attack that can be angled, like Marth's Shield Breaker or Belmonts' forward and back aerials.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I bet they might allow you to throw each punch individually and control it (to a certain extent) like the Main source to have options should you miss the first punch. Also, you could change your ARMS's weapon to suit the situation like during respawn, mid-battle (risky since it does leave you wide open), and/or before the battle begins.

Again, Sakurai did say to expect the unexpected and the character being fun to play is huge factor regarding popularity alone. So, anything is possible.......except for non-video game characters(that many people can agree on with Sakurai).

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also, you could change your ARMS's weapon to suit the situation like during respawn, mid-battle (risky since it does leave you wide open), and/or before the battle begins.
I think they'd just instantly swap your ARMS with the one used by a certain move, otherwise you'd mainly stick with Toasters.

Dukefire

Smash Master
I think they'd just instantly swap your ARMS with the one used by a certain move, otherwise you'd mainly stick with Toasters.
That does sound better to fit with the Chaotic nature of Smash's fights with/without items and match-ups.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
arms character will have you be able to press A and B simultaneously to control both arms with A+B mapped to a long range grab and it will be the most confusing character in the game

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I don't know if it makes any sense to control each individual arm in a 2D fighting game. They'd both be going the same direction so what would be the point?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't know if it makes any sense to control each individual arm in a 2D fighting game. They'd both be going the same direction so what would be the point?
Only if the ARMS on the end of their ARMS are different I'd say. Then there would be some strategy involved.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I have a feeling that the announcement will drop out of nowhere when it's ready so make sure to check the Nintendo America and Japan Twitter accounts the times it would be 9am where they are.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure the ARMS fighter would outrange just about everyone.

I have a feeling that the announcement will drop out of nowhere when it's ready so make sure to check the Nintendo America and Japan Twitter accounts the times it would be 9am where they are.
Also, the Smash Bros Japan Twitter account.

Perhaps. But remember:

Yeah, they could pull a fast one on us, and I have no idea what it will be exactly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom