• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
I think Marth chances might turn low because of Ike; knowing that both look rather similar, and Marth was on the first and thrid FE games only and Ike was in one of the most recent ones (i belive the last, not sure), so i think Roy'd have more chances of being in than Marth since roy was also in 2 recent games, well mainly in one, the FE6 Roy did nothing. But who knows, maybe all 3 of them will be in, or maybe only new FE chars will be in, i think we'll just have to wait and see.

As for my opinion, i don't really care much either if marth or roy make it, even tho im a Marth user, but i think wuld be nice to have new characters and if they can add the old ones even better.

icelordhitsugaya

Smash Rookie
You guys aren't thinking Big Picture, Marth, Roy and Ike come from seperate Fire Emblem universes. Marth can keep the same moveset, Roy can have more fire based moves (like have the Sword of Seals cast long range fire), and have Ike use slightly more acrobatic attacks (like have Ike use a Tempest like move and have that air slash move Ike does whe Ragnell's equipped).

Private Zulen

Smash Apprentice
How popular is Fire Emblem exactly to earn them 3 characters in Brawl? Not saying I'm frustrated, but is it possible?

Taco Pie

Smash Rookie
In the FE series, are Ike's movements and attack animations generally slow? I've seen a vid where he does aether, and the Smash Bros update, but I imagine him being a range swordsman, maybe in the vein of Nightmare from Soul Calibur (suited for range, and while not fast, a little deceptively quicker than expected. After all, Smash Bros mentions his ease in wielding a two handed sword in one hand).

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Anyhow, what's this Ike guy's story? I haven't had a chance to get to the FE games yet. Sounds like most people are suggesting a slow/heavy character, and that Marth will probably return as his foil, but I'm surprised everyone thinks he's a starter. I mean the caption said "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" Isn't that the exact phrase used in game when an unlockable character is about to show up?

Don't get me wrong, I can't figure out why Sakurai would reveal a secret character when there are clearly more starters to address, either. Dangit, even when we get a good reveal, we're still left with tons of questions. Sakurai you are one evil sob. Maybe I should recruit you to my World Domination Squad (now codenamed rAt's Doominators).
My thoughts exactly. As soon as I saw the "Warning!" message--which is, interestingly enough, uploaded as part of Ike's graphics, not as a stock graphic for use with other characters--I immediately thought "ZOMG SECRETZ!!!1!". He may have done it to make up for not having revealed a truly new character in, say, over a year. And since he seems so averse to just coming out and revealing the AC character (Nook? Totakeke? Resetti? ROVER?!), he had to pick someone else. Introducing a FE character also gives him more of an incentive to officially unveil the FE stage and/or its respective music.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
I think Marth chances might turn low because of Ike; knowing that both look rather similar, and Marth was on the first and thrid FE games only and Ike was in one of the most recent ones (i belive the last, not sure), so i think Roy'd have more chances of being in than Marth since roy was also in 2 recent games, well mainly in one, the FE6 Roy did nothing. But who knows, maybe all 3 of them will be in, or maybe only new FE chars will be in, i think we'll just have to wait and see.

As for my opinion, i don't really care much either if marth or roy make it, even tho im a Marth user, but i think wuld be nice to have new characters and if they can add the old ones even better.
Yeah, Ike was in the last 2 games. Roy was kinda thrown in as a promotional gimmick(a strong one) for the new Fire Emblem game comin out in Japan at the time. Sakurai wanted Sigurd from a different Fire Emblem game to be in Melee, but "higher management" stopped him. Not complaining though, Roy was my best char.

Honestly, I can see Marth in the next game for 3 reasons:
1. His sword, Falchion, is the symbol for Ike, as well as all Fire Emblem related goodness in Brawl.
2. He is, as you said, in the first and third games.
3. His shield IS the Fire Emblem, after all.

Maybe that means something, maybe it doesnt, but this is just what I think.

Smashter Chief

Smash Rookie
Marth is Fire Emblem he's the main character of the game! well first and third! why replace marth with qu33r guy who has the name of ike! Like my friend said picture someone saying: " I play as CAPTAIN FALCON" ....." I PLAY AS IKE!" "wow whatta qu33r"

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
Ok, first off: Ike is not qu33r... Say that again and I will hunt you down and assassinate you in the night.

Second: You seriously need to calm down. All i got outta that was 1)you hate Ike and 2) you are in love with Marth. What was that about Captain Falcon?

I dont personally think that Marth will be cut, but this is just one mans opinion.

-PM-

Smash Ace
Marth is Fire Emblem he's the main character of the game! well first and third! why replace marth with qu33r guy who has the name of ike! Like my friend said picture someone saying: " I play as CAPTAIN FALCON" ....." I PLAY AS IKE!" "wow whatta qu33r"
this proves that some people like marth a bit to much if ya know what i mean *WINK WINK* LoL but really ike is beast so shh please =D

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
Methinks we need a new topic. How bout Ridley? Or.... Maybe Ridley? How bout we talk bout Ridley? RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!!! OMG!

Okay. If I do that again you have permission to slap me.

VgtPrncfllSyns

Smash Ace
I'm about to slap you right now though :<

Though I'm sure people feel the same way when I say I want Sonic in it :x

Edit: RAWR OFFTOPICZ

Not the first time though.

Whars that topic w/ all the KONFIRMEDZDF!!!1!1$!@$!@$

-PM-

Smash Ace
I'm about to slap you right now though :<

Though I'm sure people feel the same way when I say I want Sonic in it :x

Edit: RAWR OFFTOPICZ

Not the first time though.

Whars that topic w/ all the KONFIRMEDZDF!!!1!1$!@$!@$
honestly if you can think of a move set with sonic ill give a a dollar cause thats very unlikely

VgtPrncfllSyns

Smash Ace
honestly if you can think of a move set with sonic ill give a a dollar cause thats very unlikely
If they can give a moveset to people like the IC, Bowser and Yoshi... I'm pretty sure they can figure something out for Sonic.

And I only mention those three because I couldn't imagine a move set for them before playing Melee.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Are you joking?

Do I need to bring the Peach/Captain Falcon/Fox argument back from the grave?

-PM-

Smash Ace
^^^Dyce did it...very well, I think...
WOW all he does is roll =O and spin and dash and run along rings and i guess he can punch and kick he would have way to much speed be really light and really weak pretty much a blue pichu why does everyone want him so bad i mean iv beatin ever sonic game even spinball but still sonic + smashbros just doesnt seem to add up for me

and i owe dyce a dollar LoL

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Please do, I never got to see it, although I'm sure it puts people that put a character down due to "a difficult moveset" in their place.
Well, the gist of it is, Peach and Captain Falcon specifically, had little to no fighting experience before Smash. And they made movesets for them. If they can randomly give C. Falcon a fire punch and make Peach blow people up with her pelvis, then a character like Sonic who HAS been in his share of fighting games (Sonic Battle comes to mind) then there is absolutely no problem with a moveset being made for him.

Sonic, as well as basically any character, has limitless potential for a moveset. Even Tom Nook COULD have a moveset if the creators wanted him in Brawl. And Sonic has a much deeper bag of tricks to pull from than a lot of characters do.

The "that character can't even have a moveset!!1" argument, in general, for any character, just doesn't hold water.

VgtPrncfllSyns

Smash Ace
WOW all he does is roll =O and spin and dash and run along rings and i guess he can punch and kick he would have way to much speed be really light and really weak pretty much a blue pichu why does everyone want him so bad i mean iv beatin ever sonic game even spinball but still sonic + smashbros just doesnt seem to add up for me

And all Fox does is fly a ship around shooting stuff and doing barrel rolls (save that gamecube starfox with the rod, which he doesn't use at all in melee :D)

Falcon drives a car. Oooo, all he can do is drive around and hit people! COW PLOW?

Edit: In reply to Circus: I always forget about Sonic Battle... but yeah, I figured as much.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Peach has had fighting experience prior to Smash, Circus. Remember SMBRPG? She *****-slapped people and used frying pans there, too.

Smooth Criminal

Edit: Whoops. Missed "little to no." GG me.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t

Everyone wants Sonic in Brawl because he and Mario were always competing for top character. Now, if they were to appear in a game together, that would be one of the best things ever to happen to the video-gaming world (Mario and Sonic at the Olympics is one example that is going to sell incredibly well just because it's Mario and Sonic). I think, however, that Circus is right. It is completely possible for anyone to come up with a moveset for Sonic. Take Dyce, for example. If Nintendo can come up with a moveset for Peach, they can do it for Sonic as well.

As for "pretty much a blue pichu"...not so much. You see, Sonic is about the same size as Mario, right? So they'd be about the same weight. Obviously, they'd have to take down his speed quite a bit, but he would probably be the fastest character game. Also, there'd be a big difference between moves. Ever seen Sonic use electricity? Not to mention the whole hurting-myself-with-every-tap-of-B thing.

In short, Pichu sucks, Sonic would rock. Back me up, Dyce.

Also, Dyce, where'd you get your name?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Peach has had fighting experience prior to Smash, Circus. Remember SMBRPG? She *****-slapped people and used frying pans there, too.

Smooth Criminal

Edit: Whoops. Missed "little to no." GG me.
Yup, I tried to cover all my bases there. I don't know if I ever played SMBRPG (I remember playing a game with Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad. You plucked vegetables, and Peach could float, if memory serves), but I knew of Peach fighting in past games in general, to some extent, so I figured she was slapping people around then. Just not to the point that she does in Melee.

BUT, your post prompted me to look over mine, to see if I screwed something up, and I noticed I said "know" instead of "no". So, good lookin' out.

-PM-

Smash Ace
Everyone wants Sonic in Brawl because he and Mario were always competing for top character. Now, if they were to appear in a game together, that would be one of the best things ever to happen to the video-gaming world (Mario and Sonic at the Olympics is one example that is going to sell incredibly well just because it's Mario and Sonic). I think, however, that Circus is right. It is completely possible for anyone to come up with a moveset for Sonic. Take Dyce, for example. If Nintendo can come up with a moveset for Peach, they can do it for Sonic as well.

As for "pretty much a blue pichu"...not so much. You see, Sonic is about the same size as Mario, right? So they'd be about the same weight. Obviously, they'd have to take down his speed quite a bit, but he would probably be the fastest character game. Also, there'd be a big difference between moves. Ever seen Sonic use electricity? Not to mention the whole hurting-myself-with-every-tap-of-B thing.

In short, Pichu sucks, Sonic would rock. Back me up, Dyce.

Also, Dyce, where'd you get your name?
well look at Mario and then sonic sonic has small arms and legs and a round 1 by 1 foot round body that is small and his head weighs the most making him extremely light IMO now Mario is kinda chubby and in the real Mario movie that was pretty cheesy a fat guy played Mario cause thats how it was supposed to be a chubby plummer thats why his a little heavy. now in all the sonic shows his fast light and out smarts his enemy's he was never strong and definitely not heavy the heaviest people out of the sonic crew is BIG the Cat, Egg man, and prolly knuckles cause hes bulky and the strongest and around marios weight maybe a little bit heavier.

Yup, I tried to cover all my bases there. I don't know if I ever played SMBRPG (I remember playing a game with Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad. You plucked vegetables, and Peach could float, if memory serves), but I knew of Peach fighting in past games in general, to some extent, so I figured she was slapping people around then. Just not to the point that she does in Melee.

BUT, your post prompted me to look over mine, to see if I screwed something up, and I noticed I said "know" instead of "no". So, good lookin' out.
i beat that game it was hard LoL and yea now that i think of it that is where alot of her stuff came from or prolly the idea of some of her moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom