• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
God, let it be Ice Climers. I need the Ice Climbers.

I think Sheik will be in it because I don't think they will changed Zelda's down B move.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Just out of curiousity, how many people here followed Melee this closely?

I ask because considering how they handled information regarding Melee might tell you a little something about how they handle info here. Like I said before, Zelda was a shocker for me too, but after thinking about it, it makes sense. If I recall correctly, C. Falcon was confirmed for Melee before some of the returning characters from SSB, and he was an unlockable character; Zelda was a starter.

The surprise of Zelda came because we're all thinking about characters in terms of popularity. We expect the popular characters first. Or in my case, I expected characters from SSB first. Point is, just like with Melee, they're announcing starting characters (hence why Zelda really isn't that far-fetched; she was a starter in Melee, why wouldn't she be a starter in Brawl?). Just like with Melee, we probably won't see any unlockables until around the time the game is released. So what does that mean we can expect?

1. We probably won't see clones for awhile. The one clone from SSB, even though modified to (argueably) non-clone status was still an unlockable character, not a starter.

2. Of four secret characters in SSB, two of them were starters in SSBM. Excluding the clones, as they already share a moveset with another character (and thus make no sense to include as a starting character), there are five unlockable characters; Jigglypuff, Luigi, Mewtwo, Marth, and Game'N'Watch. At least one or two of these characters will probably be a starter. Most likely Marth and Game'N'Watch because they are the primary representatives of their franchise.

Granted of course we can't know all of this for sure. But my point is just because we got Zelda earlier than we expected doesn't mean G.dorf or the clones will see the light of day anytime soon.

Anyhow my guess for next confirmation is a toss up between DK, Marth, and Yoshi. Guess we'll see.

Andy

Stryks

Smash Hero
Pikachu, kirby, jiggly, yoshi got nerfed...

Characters will change from melee to brawl, zelda will probably have the light arrows, she has used them offensively in two games now, even a guy at IGN agrees... seeing how sheik aint no longer important to the zelda series, and with the game being an all star game, we dont need sheik, unless we need a broekn character in the game then yeah she can be in...

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Oh, I didn't realize you were new to the series c-cd. I thought you meant from Melee to Brawl.

Yea, Ness and Kirby the worst. Pikachu and Yoshi a bit. But other than that, I don't think anything too bad happened to the rest of the cast.

@Stryks:
I hope Sheik comes back. Not just because of the fact that she's one of my mains and she's rediculously awesome. I just want to hear what you have to say, see how many flames you send towards Sakurai, and how pissed you'll be when/if she does come back. :) But no offense, I still love you!

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
sheik will be there in spirit (Zamus)

anyway would you want your main?favorite returning really nerfed?
some people don't play melee due to ness's nerf

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh, I didn't realize you were new to the series c-cd. I thought you meant from Melee to Brawl.

Yea, Ness and Kirby the worst. Pikachu and Yoshi a bit. But other than that, I don't think anything too bad happened to the rest of the cast.
^^^ Ya, too true=agree 100%. Samus got major buffage, and Fox go well...better combos, but less weight, but other than that, you have everything that happenede right there.

@Stryks:
I hope Sheik comes back. Not just because of the fact that she's one of my mains and she's rediculously awesome. I just want to hear what you have to say, see how many flames you send towards Sakurai, and how pissed you'll be when/if she does come back. :) But no offense, I still love you!
I want Shiek back because she is original. She appeared more than Zelda in OOT, and she's the 3rd or so most important character in OOT=legendaraly awsome game. Honestly, no way ZSS will be the same as Shiek, ZSS has a whip-swordy thing and a gun, Shiek has a whip and needles=big diffrence. I jsut want awsome originals and awsome clones, and Shiek is one of them. This is all funny, because Shiek is one of the few characters I suck like hell with.

Anyways, that update was the ultimate "WTF" update. I guessed the last 6 updates too...Sakurai blew my streak=only 6 times I guessed right. I thought we'd see MK, but this is much better, let me tell you. I'm predicting either Yoshi, Jigglypuff, Ness, or *gasp* Shiek tomorrow. :chuckle: She doesn't have her sword, so maybe she has Shiek with her, but lets pray not.

Seriously, if Shiek returns she should be her own character spot. Transforming is a totally unfair advantage, and I'm pretty sure ZSS/Samus won't be transforming characters, and I pray we won't have a transforming pair ever again, unless as a Final Smash or something.

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
ewww dose anyone like sheik every one is doging her hard y can't she be in brawl is my question every body seems to have an answer for why she should not be but come on she was bad a**. She was quick and had beautiful moves while she was air born but dang every body is just saying she is a broken tool that should be put away i think the Sheikah will make a comeback in futer Zelda games that's just a personal statement so no one has to take it personal lol but anyway i'm still going to get the game even if my favorite Player is not on and Zelda all i got to say is d*** you got an up grade from Pale Princess to wow an amazing chatacter

Wrath`

Smash Master
i am neutral on shiek.

but you did see Game&watch,and he didnt have much goin' on before melee.
so same COULD be with shiek

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
Tru Mr. G was not as bad as i thought he would be the first time i played him on level nine lets jut say Link didnt like me to much lol but anyway i can't wait to find out other playable characters and if you dont mind me asking (so off subject) who is Koarin and i am going to wendy's and win a wii lol (even if i have a 1,000,000 to 1 chance of getting it lol)

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
i would be happy with a nerfed sheik I like how she flows and all but is overpowered
besides it would finally show the sheik character lovers and no more sheik use to win lovers

not a total sheik (Zamus) but you've got to see the similarities, attacks similiar and seems very light and fast. Also transform after final smash might convince the developers that zamus won';t be overpowered.

Also a whip to a chain difference is miniscule, It's like saying that dr. was different because of his pills

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
yet again sheik lovers I warn you

if sheik is in the game she will be nerfed
in 64 to mellee the "good" characters (I am weird and is best using a low tier person) were nerfed into the next galaxy

Stryks

Smash Hero
WHAT?! Sheik is already a freakin god in close combat, u want her with longed range weapons?! What in GODS name is wrong with you?!

at Dyce: Believe me shes gone, if she does comeback, Ill personally make a riot, head over the nintendo headquarters and decapitate every kitten I see in the way... and that last part is weird...

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
As I said wouldn't a total nerf of Sheik be more enjoyable
First sheik lovers rejoice
Next Sheik haters pound Sheik relentlessely
Finally Sheik haters mock sheik lovers
Also Sheik players might realize that their love for sheik was only moves deep

ISeeTheLight

Smash Rookie
Cool thread, I'll keep checking back.
p.s. add zelda, she's on smashbros.com
sorry if that was spam, i thought smashbros.com had confirmed chars.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Just out of curiousity, how many people here followed Melee this closely?

I ask because considering how they handled information regarding Melee might tell you a little something about how they handle info here. Like I said before, Zelda was a shocker for me too, but after thinking about it, it makes sense. If I recall correctly, C. Falcon was confirmed for Melee before some of the returning characters from SSB, and he was an unlockable character; Zelda was a starter.
Well, they still list the dates on the SSBM website. They don't seem to be following that pattern, though. They updated it in a different manner, too. It went two updates a week: one character (with a decently long description on them and their abilities, six screen shots showing most of their special moves and a list of their special moves) and one focusing on a certain aspect on the game like trophies, new gameplay elements, character changes, and stuff like that. As opposed to the SSBB site which updates once a business day with one or more updates focusing one specific element, the weekly updates of the SSBM site revealed stuff in groups IE all of the major "official" gameplay additions were revealed together (or maybe it was in two sets) and a good number of the character changes/quirks were done in two updates.

Also, all fifteen of the starting characters were revealed by the first trailer and update on the site. C. Falcon received a profile three months before Zelda did but we had known she would be in from that sepia cast shot they revealed at the end of the first trailer as well as the fact that early screen shots showed Sheik's stock icon staying as Zelda's which led people to assume a transformation took place...

...Which is another weird thing because the whole transformation mechanic was confirmed with Sheik's profile, which came before Zelda's. So...there really isn't much use in trying to predict the order. Though, I think your guess will probably be true.

Here's the site if anyone wants to check it out:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/flash/index.html

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Yikes it's donkey smasher again. I thought I was safe by switching between character discussion threads. I quit arguing with these people as well. Unless there is an utterly epic update, I'm not posting here anymore.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Hmmm, good call Devastlian, I guess my memory is fading in my old age. The point I was trying to make though (whether or not it is accurate), was that all of the starters were announced before we got any info on unlockables, and since Zelda was a starter in Melee, it shouldn't be that surprising to see her as a starter in Brawl (given the assumption she was to return), and thus it shouldn't be that surprising that she was announced. Even though it was.
I had other points too, but I really don't feel like going back and figuring out what I was trying to say.

WGWOLVERIN, don't let disputes drive you away. There are plenty of other good reasons to stop posting. Like nuclear war. Or not having a computer. Or not having anything to say. Or nuclear war.

Andy

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Peach FTW! Hahah, I'm really itching to see Peach's updated design, especially after seeing the gorgeous work they did on Zelda. My REAL hope is an update revealing Toad, but that's a longshot...for now, anyway. ;)

Also, something to consider: the first Melee character update (presumably the first SSBM update on the site, no?) came about 4 months before Melee's release. Do you think it is safe to consider late September as a probable release timeframe?

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ah...well, ya. I think that'll probably be the way it goes down as well. It is weird that Zelda came before a character that was first in the first SSB, though...but I guess this just all part of their master plan. I believe Mr. Sakurai mentioned something along those lines on the Contribution Fist way back when, too.

Maybe...we're getting characters at a faster rate than the SSBM site did, though...But, then again, with multiple posts per character the timing is pretty hard to predict. So, I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom