• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaseman

Smash Rookie
Zelda...hmm...apart from what everyone else says, and the whole new "twilight princess" thing, i reckon it would still be much better to have at least one (if not a few) character(s) who can transform into others with a simple move. So i say either let her transform into sheik, or clone her and have conjoined twins (joined at the arm).

It would be pretty awesome if they changed the transformation move into B, because then when kirby gets a hold of the powers... :p

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I think I may main Zelda this time around. She was fun to play as in SSBM and looks awesome now. Hopefully they don't muck up her style and balance with a transformation again. :/

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Yeah, hopefully they'll buff her up somewhat. From what it says on the site she still doesn't seem to be a speedy character and emphasises more on power, so hopefully they've given her attacks more kick than last time.

I'd actually laugh if Zelda and Shiek switched positions (which isn't that unlikely IMO, I think Sheik is in great risk of being nerfed if she returns).

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Wow, I have to say, I'm pretty surprised by this. Not just the fact that the Dojo bit the bullet and gave us a real update, but of all the characters to be confirmed, I'm surpised Zelda was the next in line. I'd thought for sure we'd see Donkey Kong next, or maybe Ness, but Zelda? Huh. I guess retrospectively, it makes sense, since she wasn't unlockable or anything in the last game. But, huh.

Well, I have to say, they've actually managed to motivate me to be excited about the Dojo site. Here's hoping they don't blow it.

Andy

P.S. Predictions about the next announced character, anyone?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
That actually surprised me too, not to mention the fact they still have the rest of the original cast to confirm, yet Zelda was revealed before the likes of Yoshi, DK, Captain Falcon and Luigi. She's also the first melee original confirmed to return, which I suspected would've gone to Peach or Bowser first. Granted I had no doubt that Zelda was returning, but I definitely surprised to see her this early.

As for the next announced character, if it's another veteran and not ZS Samus or Meta Knight, I assume we'll be getting an SSB character, so either DK or Captain Falcon (or Yoshi finally).

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Yes, that Zelda did surprise me a lot... Looking at them screenshot, she looks like she still do the same attacks thus making me believe Shiek makes her return... Though, no one is ever so sure...

As for my prediction for the updates on new characters, I would say Marth out of spite just so to image what would Ken do when he see that bit of update...

BlueScope

Smash Apprentice
I don't really care if Shiek will be seperate from Zelda, I just hope they leave her the way she was in SSBM (attacks, speed, this stuff, because she was an awesome air battle character in SSBM and so she'd be now)... and of course I hope they'll include her at all ^^ Then again, if they do a Zamus with Shiek-attributes and balancing, I'd be glad as well...

And because I didn't said anything in this thread for a long time (at least, that's what I think XD), a few words on Zamus: If they'll make a swifting feature to change her gun to the whip and vide versa and don't use the taunt for that or something (what'd be cool, though, and from what you can see in the second trailer, it could be the way tey'll pull it off), it rips another B-move from her. Then there's a B-move for putting back on her suit, which'd leave two special moves only... I don't think Sakurai'd go for that, so my wish is to use the taunt for swifting and make Samus and Zamus two independent characters with 4 special attacks each... (well, that's playing-wise, but it'd be so much cooler to have all same persons in the same character, like Zelda/Shiek were in Melee... or hey, you could even give Link an special move to take out his Ocarina and transform into his child version... nah, take Young Link out, he sucks... ^^)

roy_owns

Smash Lord
OMG Zelda... I expected Yoshi, Luigi, or DK before Zelda. We won't be getting Meta Knight or Snake soon due to the obvious reason there secert characters

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
right on. but who would of thought zelda would have been announced first?

i just like looking at the pics, cause zelda is the pinnacle of hottness (along with Zamus, who is in a screenshot WITH Zelda)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
roy_owns...that was your best post ever! Props to you man. Yeah I am not complaining, we got something new which we all have been wanting so that is a hint of more new stuff.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Don't be so sure colbusman, if Zelda was revealed first then who knows what Sakurai could post next. I too figured other returning characters would be confirmed before Zelda, but hey, I'm just glad she's back in her Twilight Princess look.

I personally (please don't flame me for this) don't care whether Sheik is back or not. Not because I hate Sheik persay, I have no problem with Sheik, it's just that Sheik was broken in Melee and Zelda got nerfed badly because of it. She has piece of the Triforce, just like Link and Ganon. I'm hoping that Zelda can now work on her own (especially after showing that she has a rapier and magic in the last game) and if Sheik is in, oh well, just help out Zelda a bit.

well then you better have patience cause i don't think ganon will come for a long time

Strange considering that Zelda was confirmed before Yoshi.

I came up with a Semi accurate confirmation list(Possible Starting characters):

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Fox
Samus
MetaKnight
Pit
Zero-Suit Samus
Wario
Snake
Zelda
Yoshi
Captain Falcon
Marth
Bowser
Ness
Ice Climbers
Donkey Kong
Peach

That would be a great starting roster,wouldn't you think? ^_^

@Cenedar: How could Zelda get nerfed if she has only been in one Smash Bros. game? She just didn't do well in Melee,she didn't get nerfed.

BlueScope

Smash Apprentice
Rapid, that wasn't rapid at all XD
Considering everyone's talking about all is for about a whole page...

For the announcement order, I don't really ****ing care... they should get us more information for the waiting time, though... I wanna know what happens with Shiek >_<

And I know that's about the opposite of what I wrote five posts ago ^^

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
OMG Zelda... I expected Yoshi, Luigi, or DK before Zelda. We won't be getting Meta Knight or Snake soon due to the obvious reason there secert characters
What did I tell you roy_owns? Stop making dumb comments. There's no telling if Meta Knight will be a secret character, in fact, I'm sure he's going to be a starter. Everyone we've seen so far should be a starter, excluding Snake of course because we were told he would most likely be a hidden character, and Zamus because of her ambiguity of her situation. Is she a Final Smash? Is she a simple transformation? Is she a different character? Who knows? No one but Sakurai, and especially not any of us.

Rather had gannondarf than zelda
I'll have to agree with you on this one. But I'm curious as to what they're going to do with the clone charcters like Ganny, Falco, and anyone else who makes the cut.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I was comparing Zeldas and I noticed that she isn't the exact same person as she is in TP. She may be based on the same design but for some reason she sure didn't come out that way:

The changes are slight, but they're still noticeable. Her haircolor has gone to brunette from her original blonde, they put her hair in some kind of pony-tail as opposed to just letting it flow down, and her color scheme has become darker for some reason. The other changes seem to be small technical details, but nothing too rash.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I really thought that Zelda would have her sword in Brawl. I guess her A attack at least don't have her using a sword. Not entirely sure about special attacks though. Other than that, I think they copied Zelda from TP down completely.

HellsAngelLust

Smash Apprentice
That is so true poor shiek may not see day light on SSBB but i still want her in but i was like WTF when i saw Zelda name i thought she would be after peach or Luigi lol but she eve ( i think they will have a sheik up date next i will die laughing if they do)

i REALLY dont think that sheik and Zelda should be Seperate because they are both so broken example Zelda has a little speed but a good attack power Sheik has high speed but has a bad recovery (some times) and one more thing its not that hard to knock Zelda to kingdom Come

Zelda... i wonder what her final smash would even look like. But if sheik was in would they have to Different attacks or one together and also what would they do just alter what sheik looks like form melee a little to make her fit on brawl or change her completely ewww all of this is leading me to question if shiek will be on SSBB

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I think the differences are small, and the hair thing may have been to make her easier to animate and such. I would imagine the developers would have an easier time making one ponytail that only bobs a little than making majestic flowing hair that could look unnatural during gameplay. Really hairstyle and detail on her clothing are the only differences. A rpg epic like LoZ TP will have more character detail and better graphics than a fighter will any day.

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
I personally like the idea of Zelda's confirmation - Everything that Masahiro Sakurai does and says is legendary - Don't argue!

Additionally, Yoshi is apparently pseudo-confirmed because he has his own level and theme tune on the main website (Click here to go there). I agree. However, I also think that Ridley has been pseudo-confirmed as he has his own theme tune himself... Watch this space!

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
I was comparing Zeldas and I noticed that she isn't the exact same person as she is in TP. She may be based on the same design but for some reason she sure didn't come out that way:

The changes are slight, but they're still noticeable. Her haircolor has gone to brunette from her original blonde, they put her hair in some kind of pony-tail as opposed to just letting it flow down, and her color scheme has become darker for some reason. The other changes seem to be small technical details, but nothing too rash.
Actually she does have a pony tail in TP, you just can't see it in that render.

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Image:Puppetzelda.jpg

Also, there were crazy bloom effects in TP, so things did appear "brighter" in the game.

Also, I just want to say is that Princess Zelda looks awesome!

Wrath`

Smash Master
Is it just me,or is today exactly 1 month from the opening of smashbros?

Could this be a monthly thing?

On the otherhand,whats tommorow? Luigi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom