• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Speaking of arcade games...<.< Eh...probably wouldn't be worth the effort. Mario Kart GP was awesome and the second one and the arcade Mario Party game look cool as well. Eh...ya know...

Sneaking Box

Smash Rookie
I'm sure it's been suggested billions of times, but I haven't seen it recently. I'd love to see Pokemon evolution incorporated into Brawl.

I'm thinking since all the Pokemon thus far either uses a stone to evolve or just can't evolve (with the exception of Pichu, who's evolution is already a playable), they should just make thunderstones and moonstones (assuming Jiggly returns) into items that appear at certain times as "powerups" so the Pokemon can evolve.

It was said (albeit ambiguously) that Samus can become Zero Suit Samus after "certain events" or whatever, so maybe they could do something along those lines with evolution...?

(P.S. sorry if this post is redundant)

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Well, if evolution was in there would be some problems with the pkmn having an advantage over everyone else.

If we are on transformation ideas, does anyone think Kirby should get some copy abilities as he had in his games, like maybe Beam, or Wheel? The hammer was an ability in his games, so I thought other abilities would be cool.

Or they could probably make them items for all characters.

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
Since when is Yoshi "semi-confirmed"? He wasn't in any videos so far and I haven't seen anything about him in Brawl. You could just as easily say that anyone else that was in Melee is semi-confirmed, so why is Yoshi so special to get his own category? :p

Anyway, Pit looks cool, and I think he will suit my style.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
There's a stage from Yoshi story [or whatever game yoshi is from] and since just about all of the stages from SSB64 and SSBM were stages from featured characters' games.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I believe we can semi-discuss Yoshi...

I had this idea awhile back while playing YIDS. How 'bout, after pooping someone out as an egg, eats the egg and then poops out an egg that hatches a baby version of whomever he ate which jumps on Yoshi's back and aids Yoshi...somehow. This could lead to some cool stuff though the implications of Yoshi hatching clones of other characters could lead to some problems.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Or mabey kirby can suck items for abilitys.
Ray Gun=laser kirby
Sounds like a great idea! imagine Kirby absorbing a pokeball and getting that pokemon's power (withing reason, and not overpowered, or course) or abilities. Exellent idea, one of the best ideas I have heard.

Also note that there probably will be a Fire Emblem character, considering that there was a Fire Emblem course or two shown in the two trailers!

Wario looks a lot better than I thought, but I really wonder how he'll work. Snake is the same deal, though I think I'll like Snake more than all the newcomers, next to Pit. Also I actually think Pickachu looks great and I really wonder how Zamus plays. I hope she doesn't take the spot of Shiek, because I want Shiek, and every character to return. O and Fox looks slimmer, and a little taller. I wonder when there will be more news, or another trailer!:confused:

benf

Smash Rookie
-DREAM- TEAM LIST

-All confirmed

-All past chars minus G&W, ICs, falcon or ganon, roy or marth.

-More pokemon

-More nintendo "game" style characters, less snake grenade launchers

-1 word guyz: Battletoads (ps makes a good stage theme)

-A character roster anywhere from 30+ would be nice.

-Very similar gameplay style with more focus on a balance of tiers and player skills.
leads to
(Some will say technical skill and disagree, i somewhat do to).

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
-DREAM- TEAM LIST

-All confirmed

-All past chars minus G&W, ICs, falcon or ganon, roy or marth.

-More pokemon

-More nintendo "game" style characters, less snake grenade launchers

-1 word guyz: Battletoads (ps makes a good stage theme)

-A character roster anywhere from 30+ would be nice.

-Very similar gameplay style with more focus on a balance of tiers and player skills.
leads to
(Some will say technical skill and disagree, i somewhat do to).
WOW... you have very twisted desire to take everything that brings joy into the world of Smash and poop all over it.
Let's list what's horribly, horribly wrong with your list:

- No G&W, IC's, Falcon or Ganon, Roy or Marth? Why would you take some of the most original characters out of the game and not even be able to "dream" new movesets for the clones at least?

- How many more pokemon do you need? Sorry but, how old are you 5? Taking out the good characters and putting pokemon in would make this more of a Super Mario/Pokemon game than a "Nintendo's All-stars" game.

- Snake is a great idea and so are his explosives. Why does he have to go... and BATTLETOADS get to take his place? I'm not saying I don't like Battletoads, and I would love to see them in SSBB, but what makes them better than Snake? He is way more kickass than Battletoads.

- If you think about it, basically there are already 30+ characters to be in the next one. If you figure they're only taking about 3 or 4 characters out of SSBM with cast of 26 and adding more newcomers (Which are already at 5 [22+5=27]... At minimum you're only dreaming of 3 more characters...) Not saying you're wrong to dream of big numbers but you dream too small pal.

- ... Ok I guess I'm fine with your last one :} gj

Sorry to tear you apart like that but you're "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" and turning it into "Super Ben Bros. Brawl". I think I'm safe to assume that most people would be very dissatisfied if you had a hand in creating the next Smash. Also, be more optomistic, dream bigger, and wipe your bum and stop making a mess. I can already tell you're not even gonna be close with your dream. And thank Sakurai for that.

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
Except that most people don't play with items.
Yeah, I don't think so. You could just as well claim that, say, most people use advanced techniques. And that is obviously not true.

I don't think the item-copying would be a good idea though. While it does sound cool at first, I think it would put far too much weight on Kirby and the development time spent for that would be spent better for something else.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Freezie=Ice Kirby
Fire Flower=Fire Kirby
Parasol=Parasol Kirby??
Hammer=Hammer Kirby
Beam Sword=Beam or Sword Kirby :p
Bobomb=Bomb Kirby
I wonder what could be UFO Kirby? Lol, I got a funny image of Solid Snake Kirby: rocket launcher and a box!

Freezie=ice kirby.

Lol, points ^^^ own! Except 40+ is confirmed, but I actually think there is a solid chance we can get 45+! G&W= I just started liking him, Ganondorf (not Ganon genius)=Needs his sword, Falcon=original, IC=original, Marth=has a exellent chance of returning, Roy=less than half chance of returning if they remove anyone.

Also the most that will be dropped will be 3, possibly 4. Don't expect ther to be no Fire Emblem characters, there were one or two Fire Emblem courses shown throughout the two trailers for SSBB. Also spitting out food at peopel would own! Hey, what would be Ninja Kirby?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Depster

Smash Champion
I believe we can semi-discuss Yoshi...

I had this idea awhile back while playing YIDS. How 'bout, after pooping someone out as an egg, eats the egg and then poops out an egg that hatches a baby version of whomever he ate which jumps on Yoshi's back and aids Yoshi...somehow. This could lead to some cool stuff though the implications of Yoshi hatching clones of other characters could lead to some problems.
or yoshi could throw the people he ate like his nomral eggs but have them do double damage and hurt the person in the egg and the person being hit

Sensai

Smash Master
I was about to say 'You people completely disregarded Devas's post! You *******S!'

But then Depster saved everyone from that cruel and undesireable fate.

I think that's actually a really cool idea, and it would give some use to his B move. I also like the idea of having eggs done like that, so I'm torn between the two of them...

Although, they could have the egg follow behind and then you somehow make it hatch and out comes mini-Zelda!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Kirby copying items would put to much focus on Kirby, like said above
It needs a certain balance, as does everything in the making of SSBB!

Good ideas Devastlian, but I don't think that would quiet work, but then again Sakurai is good at wat he does, lol. I'm not quite sure how that would end out in the end result.

Depster's idea is good to, though you kinda have to be careful in the amount of damage a character does. Maybe doing that won't do double damage exactly, but something around that alley. Both are great ideas.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i think when yoshi uses his b move, an egg will follow him around. then, when he uses his up+b, there would be like zero startup lag, and the egg would fly faster than normal. but if you didnt have an egg following you, then it would be like normal, mild startup lag, and such.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i think when yoshi uses his b move, an egg will follow him around. then, when he uses his up+b, there would be like zero startup lag, and the egg would fly faster than normal. but if you didnt have an egg following you, then it would be like normal, mild startup lag, and such.
Good idea, I like it since I hate lag in most, if not all instances! Like an egg pops out after he uses one instantly, so he fires at a much faster pace. Great idea petre! That should seriously be in SSBB to up Yoshi useage and give him a bit better chance in battle. Al lthe little stuff like this needs to be considered if SSBB is to be as good as or better than SSBM or SSB 64.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
It's a good idea, but if you take out some of the delay before he throws the egg you won't have ample time to aim well and make successful hits.

Depster

Smash Champion
that's a good point, his lag is what makes me as accurate as i am (real accurate), so i think that with a pre-made egg, it should only go a certain direction, or maybe you would have time to aim, it is a very debatable topic

benf

Smash Rookie
Finer tuned controls in any fighting game revision have in my experiences always been good.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
It's a good idea, but if you take out some of the delay before he throws the egg you won't have ample time to aim well and make successful hits.
well then why not make the aiming system how it is in yoshi's island? press up+b, a cursor appears, and you release when its where you want the egg to go. also, i think the eggs should fly in a straight line, not in an arc like they do in melee...i dont know why.

TGM

Smash Lord
Since when is Yoshi "semi-confirmed"? He wasn't in any videos so far and I haven't seen anything about him in Brawl. You could just as easily say that anyone else that was in Melee is semi-confirmed, so why is Yoshi so special to get his own category? :p

Anyway, Pit looks cool, and I think he will suit my style.
come on man, yoshi was in the original cast and then he continued to be at ssbm...yoshi IS confirmed in my opinion. not that it matters caus eyoshi is horrible.

TGM

Smash Lord
uhh, yea.......

it is also semi confirmed that there will definitly be a FE charater as well. there is a FE level in the game so why would they leave a FE character out? some times looking at the levels can help determin what kinds of characters MAY be able to show up.

IceZ

Smash Cadet
Any news on Ice Climbers? I mean they are in a pro tier Nintendo can't leave em out can they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom