• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensai

Smash Master
I'll defend this thread 'til I die.

Or until Rhyme, T, maybe The rAt, Devas, Ips, etc come back.

But not now. I'm tired. Gonna sleep. Y'all keep talking about whatever nonsense you were rambling about.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Kirby and Pikachu look the same. Maybe their shade is a like darker to go with the new graphics but other than that they look the same.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well ya, Kirby and Pikachu's designs have remained pretty constant since their creations. Besides lighting and colors there's not much you could do with them besides just bumping up their polygon count. Kirby's all rubbery so bump mapping doesn't really apply and Pikachu just has short, fine hairs covering its body so it'd probably be more effort than its worth to give it all that much detail.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Also note that pikachus tail is slightly diferent, and pikachus head sticks out more, and doesnt look hunchback-ish like in melee...

C 3

Smash Ace
I personally want to see the character's more balanced out like they were in SSB. SSBM was based too much around who used the top + god tiers. If the character's aren't balanced in this one and if Luigi isn't improved from SSBM, i'm personally not going to buy it.

Volrec

Smash Lord
I personally want to see the character's more balanced out like they were in SSB. SSBM was based too much around who used the top + god tiers. If the character's aren't balanced in this one and if Luigi isn't improved from SSBM, i'm personally not going to buy it.
Kirby's uptilt.
That's all im going to say.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
SSBM is more balanced than most games. So what if Bowser and Mewtwo sucked? At least we have around 15 characters out of 25 worth playing.

Sensai

Smash Master
Koarin, the only thing I can forsee crawling be used for is to get around projectiles (I'm looking at you, Samus) and as a form of mobile crouch cancelling.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I've suceeded in scaring them off. Soon total control of the confirmed character disscusion thread will be mine! Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!
Good luck with that.:cool:

Sorry to leave everyone hanging, I didn't realize my absence subjected y'all to such horrors. Just playin'...now let's see here...it does not appear that there has been much on-topicness since I left, which means this thread is exactly the way I left it.

Yeah I do that when I'm stoned. Especially in Fountain of Dreams.
~_+

I meant that Kirby's hats are all that he's got, not his good looks. He's a freakin' pink marshmellow.
I had always thought that. Well, except for Mime Kirby.

Maby kirby will get a cardboard box to.:laugh:
1. *too
two. That would be an interesting downB

Snake: You tricked me! Now, say hello to my little friend! 'pulls out rocket launcher'
Waits for impending lawsuit...

You won't know if Luigi is improved until you play.

Kirby's uptilt.
That's all im going to say.
All that was needed. Hope he doesn't get it back for Brawl.:psycho:

What will crawling add to the game and what will it be used for?
Projectile Spammers.

Koarin, the only thing I can forsee crawling be used for is to get around projectiles (I'm looking at you, Samus) and as a form of mobile crouch cancelling.
Look at Shiek, or even Link. Seriously though, Nintendo probably added crawling simply because they wanted Snake to be able to crawl in the true spirit of MGS, and that's it. There will probably be a character unique crawl attack for each fighter, I would imagine that the 'more in-depth 1 player mode' promised to us will take advantage of crawling as some platforming element, maybe there will be prone-position grabbing, honestly the only thing I know for sure is that this is a run-on sentence.

CoquiMan

Smash Rookie
My brother Beats my falco, yet he doesn;t beat my luigi., yet my falco is one of my best characters which, I've been using since I bought the game 4 years ago. If you can wavedash properly, L/R cancel your air attacks, and know the timing of all your opponent's moves. You are pretty much waaaay above any other character. some say he's slow falling atribute is BAD!!!. I say no!!!!!! If you use it properly with your air jump. you can attack your opponents up to 3 or 4 times in the air!!!! instant kill for me if they're at least at 40% before I do that...

Wrath`

Smash Master
For wario's down grab move he could sit on the opponet and fart on them.

Warrios side B could be:He charges up gas and then launches himself foward like luigi.

Sensai

Smash Master
Sweetness, you made me think of something else that I really REALLY want to see in Brawl: recordable videos.

Yes, you heard me. I want a 'play of the game' thing or maybe even a way to record a match and send it to someone.

Stryks

Smash Hero
^^^
Man that would totalyl pwn, I can just imagine, I can record a match and then rewind the part where I totally wpn my oponent and lol all day XD...

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Vids would be cool, even though they'd probably take up a load of space on the SD card. I'd actually like an instant replay of the match win. After it says game, You see the replay of how you won, in a close up, cinematic camera. Slo-motion for any Sudden Death match replays

Bowser Jr. 28

Smash Cadet
Fox looks awesome!!!

I recently saw a preview for Super Smash Bros. Brawl and at the end it showed Fox totally remodeled. He looked AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope other people saw him too because it's hard to explain how cool he looked.

mexleo1225

Smash Rookie
Nobody's sure about Snake...neither am I. I'd have atleast put master chief in instead of Snake. And what's with Luigi and Peach missing??

Red Exodus

Smash Master
No to Stealth in Brawl

No my plans have been thwarted!!!

Maybe there's an event match where you have to crawl to avoid detection, come up from behind and smash em, before they alert the others.
Bad idea. Developers always screw up when they cross boundaries and add other genres as minigames or side missions. They somehow always manage to make the add-on a broken mess.

Hell, if Ubisoft can't make Splinter Cell's AI right [they had messed up detection skills like seeing through smoke, seeing through and around corners etc.] how are complete novices [to the genre] supposed to do any better?

Sensai

Smash Master
mexleo1225 said:
I'd have atleast put master chief in instead of Snake.
Please, save yourself dissapointment and save everyone here a bunch of flaming by just dieing.

No, I'm just joking. But seriously, no. Just no. A thousand times no. MS's only truly BIG character is M. Chief, meaning he won't appear anywhere but on an Xbox branded console.

And the DS....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom