• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Wario won't be even that fast. I can see him somewhere just below Link, but not at Link's speed. I can see him having surprisingly low gravity, though.

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
iiamjosh said:
What are you talking about. I am almost positive that there is no connection between Devil May Cry and Resident Evil 4. The only connection I know of is Viewtiful Joe.
Devil May Cry is based off an early prototype for Resident Evil 4. There.

And I think it's fairly obvious that Wario will be one of the slower characters.

zero2324

Smash Rookie
well SSBM was a great game and im hoping SSBB will be better but i want a new character with like different weapons. we have already seen enought characters with swords(roy,marth,link,young link.)and from what ive seen in the trailer they have added metaknight and he also has a sword and zero siut samus and i dont know about pit id rather count his as well daggers.

we've already seen guns and we all know who just to lazy to name, and its good snake will have a rocket launcher cause its new to the game but what ever happend to the lances and axes?

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Muffin_man said:
Devil May Cry is based off an early prototype for Resident Evil 4. There.

And I think it's fairly obvious that Wario will be one of the slower characters.
I thought DMC was from a glitch in Onimusha.

Here's a thought: What if all the characters attacked at the same speed and maneuvered very similarly? Then the debate over Wario being slow will be obsolete!! Mwahahah!

What the hell am I talking about. It's 4:40am, time for bed. Bye.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
It's amazing how simple it is to find any and all information on the internet, and similarly amazing how many people are too lazy to use an internet that they're already using to quickly find said information:

Wikipedia said:
In 1998, after the completion of Resident Evil 2, preliminary work on Resident Evil 4 began under the supervision of Hideki Kamiya. However, Capcom continued producing and publishing other titles in the series, both internally and externally (Resident Evil Code: Veronica was developed by Nextech Corporation under Capcom's supervision). Early R&D work included a trip to Spain to examine various castles as a basis for the game's environments. However, in prototype status, it proved to be too different from the Resident Evil series and the survival horror genre in general. Rather than abandon the project entirely, the premise was changed and it eventually became Devil May Cry. Although the characters in the Resident Evil 4 prototype were all new, some of the monsters bore resemblance to previous Resident Evil creatures. For instance the armored reptilian creature "Blade" is similar to a Hunter. The Marionettes were zombies constructed from various body parts. The Kyklops creatures are similar to the large mutated spiders from Resident Evil.

1-up

Smash Journeyman
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290

seeing as ice climbers, game $ watch and young link are confirmed to NOT be returning.. i think its safe to say that most of the other characters will be in the brawl.

also bowser jr., "celda" windwaker young link and ridley from metroid have been confirmed and need to be added to your list of characters. which i might add consists of only the characters you can plainly in the brawl video

0ttx

Smash Rookie
Wow...thats gonna be freakin crazy! Ridley?! Just might be one of the most massive characters on the game. Of course I dunno about Bowser. If they update him to be the size he was on Mario Sunshine...that would be ridiculous.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Wario will be pretty slow. In MArio Party he wobbles around to barely move his legs. He's obviously gonna be a slow, heavy, strong character.

What makes me think that Samus and Zamus will be seperate characters is that the guy said he wanted to include more Metroid, so I don't think he would keep just one character spot for Samus.

iiamjosh

Smash Rookie
McFox said:
It's amazing how simple it is to find any and all information on the internet, and similarly amazing how many people are too lazy to use an internet that they're already using to quickly find said information:

It may be based off of early development stages of the game, but they're still not related. Dante and Leon would never meet each other. Because they're now two completely different game series.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Chi's Finest said:
Wario will be pretty slow. In MArio Party he wobbles around to barely move his legs. He's obviously gonna be a slow, heavy, strong character.

What makes me think that Samus and Zamus will be seperate characters is that the guy said he wanted to include more Metroid, so I don't think he would keep just one character spot for Samus.
it says she's not a pure character addition on smash dojo

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
iiamjosh said:
It may be based off of early development stages of the game, but they're still not related. Dante and Leon would never meet each other. Because they're now two completely different game series.
I didn't say the characters were related, because obviously they're not. I meant that their games were connected, (notice how I used the word connected, not related), together through means of development history.

And the amount of people who think that Samus and Zamus will be seperate makes a tiny bit of me die inside, simply because Sakurai has already stated that Zamus;

Isn't. A. Fully. Fledged. Character.

On his own website. How much more confirmation do some people need? Why do people insist on wasting a character space on somebody who the director has already stated isn't a pure character addition?

iiamjosh

Smash Rookie
Muffin_man said:
I didn't say the characters were related, because obviously they're not. I meant that their games were connected, (notice how I used the word connected, not related), together through means of development history.

And the amount of people who think that Samus and Zamus will be seperate makes a tiny bit of me die inside, simply because Sakurai has already stated that Zamus;

Isn't. A. Fully. Fledged. Character.

On his own website. How much more confirmation do some people need? Why do people insist on wasting a character space on somebody who the director has already stated isn't a pure character addition?

I read that too. It says she isn't a pure character addition. Only at certain times she will remove her suit to become Zamus.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
I hope it's true. I am really against double representations. She's one character with two different battle forms. I don't see why they have to be seperate character when a transformation would work just fine.

JPW

Smash Ace
with Metroid characters I reckon they'll eventually choose someone from Metroid Prime Hunters.

I remember reading in a magazine on one of the interivews that the creators hoped to make an new trilogy out of one of the hunters. A solo.

I really don't want Bowser jr. I hate the whole Bowser jr. thing, and franchise, he's worse then Waluigi in my view. I rather have Ludwig(Super Mario Bros.3, Pipe Land boss). He was so much more cooler. But i'm not saying have Ludwig in SSBB.

That being said, I see Yg. Link turning into a cel shaded form for sure, and I reckon Ridley could be an addition. Seeing MetaKnight join up, has pushed chances of any cool looking villain.

At certain times Samus will become Zamus. Does that mean it could happen when we least expect it, granted that may be fun and challenging, but it could really stuff you up when you're on a good run with Samus.

Luigi_Legend

Smash Cadet
I heard about the Game & Watch news (NOOOOO!). Ice Climbers...well I could care less to be honest. It was great seein them return in Melee after a long absence...but ****...they really didn't do nothin for the roster. I also thought Young Link and Dr. Mario were pretty pointless too. Dr. was just a slower but stronger Mario and Young Link was just a faster Link. Totally pointless. I hope they put Wold O'Donnel in it though! That would be badass. And as long as Luigi and Falco are in it...then I'll be fine, lol.

-Legend

Zink

Smash Champion
Legend, the only news we have is from the trailer. So far that's all the character info we have, so I don't know what you mean about IC news.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I heard about the Game & Watch news (NOOOOO!). Ice Climbers...well I could care less to be honest. It was great seein them return in Melee after a long absence...but ****...they really didn't do nothin for the roster. I also thought Young Link and Dr. Mario were pretty pointless too. Dr. was just a slower but stronger Mario and Young Link was just a faster Link. Totally pointless. I hope they put Wold O'Donnel in it though! That would be badass. And as long as Luigi and Falco are in it...then I'll be fine, lol.
People STILL believe this crap? Of COURSE it's fake. Use your heads, and stop believing everything you hear. Game & Watch is not out. The Ice Climbers are not out.

Please, stop making me want to jab a pencil into my temple.

Zink

Smash Champion
What was it, like 10 posts ago someone also posted that "information"? We really need to add it to the thread title or something.

Luigi_Legend

Smash Cadet
Zink said:
Legend, the only news we have is from the trailer. So far that's all the character info we have, so I don't know what you mean about IC news.

You're right. It's not concrete...but I was just sayin that I'm always hearin the same news about Game & Watch and the IC. And also I just didn't really care for them in Melee...but it was good seein them back after all those years they were abscent from the video game world.

-Legend

smashbros.brawl

Smash Rookie
Visual said:
I love Scav so much.
we dont no many characters wat will be in ssbb but it would be realy kool if sonic the hedgehog tails the fox and knuckles the enchinda were in the game

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
JPW said:
That being said, I see Yg. Link turning into a cel shaded form for sure, and I reckon Ridley could be an addition. Seeing MetaKnight join up, has pushed chances of any cool looking villain.

At certain times Samus will become Zamus. Does that mean it could happen when we least expect it, granted that may be fun and challenging, but it could really stuff you up when you're on a good run with Samus.
They won't throw a cel shaded character in the game just because Link appeared with that looked before. And they won't make Samus's tranformation happen at random times, a sit would totally destroy any strategy to fight with her.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Once again, this is CONFIRMED character discussion. The Game&Watch/Ice Climbers "rumor" is an outright lie, and anyone who is not confirmed should not be discussed in this topic. The character to be discussed here are:

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Zamus
Wario
Snake
Metaknight
Pit

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Hmm... to make things interesting, you should make a 'Favorite Newcomer' poll.

Pit ftw!!!!11one

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
Luigi_Legend said:

-Legend
i agrre luigi just needs to be able to go over like marios up and b but go hihger and over more but he can still keep the no friction falco o my god needs a better up and b my god at times its annoying and megaman should be on there

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Wario will be awsome but he will be heaps slow and wobble but his moves will be heaps strong to make up for it. Pit I think will be more of a speedy, flying guy with average moves and Metaknight will be just wow. Snake will have to really good and Zamus should be a samus transformation ala Zelda/Shiek.

flaco

The Terminator
well these might be stupid to ask but have they comfirmed Marth yet and are they gonna make him
low on the tiers?

ps.My main is Marth I will not play smash brawl with out him lol

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
McFox said:
Once again, this is CONFIRMED character discussion. The Game&Watch/Ice Climbers "rumor" is an outright lie, and anyone who is not confirmed should not be discussed in this topic. The character to be discussed here are:

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Zamus
Wario
Snake
Metaknight
Pit
That's everyone who was confirmed. I posted that just like six posts above this one, but some people can't be bothered to read anything before stumbling onto our forums with their questions which could easily be answered with a simple Search.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Zodiak-Lucien said:
I think zero suit samus should be a completely different character. No point to waste a B move on both characters.
But then it's the same character twice which is a waste of a perfectly good character slot.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Wario is so cool, the trailer was really true to his character, I'm definatley going to see what he's like when I get the game.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Zero-Suit Samus is technically already taking a character slot, just as Sheik did, so it really doesn't matter either way.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
People STILL believe this crap? Of COURSE it's fake. Use your heads, and stop believing everything you hear. Game & Watch is not out. The Ice Climbers are not out.

Please, stop making me want to jab a pencil into my temple.
I feel the same way. I will not let the IC's be taken out. Now, how am I going to do that?

As for the Zamus topic, I think they would go good apart. I don't see the biggest reason for Samus and Zamus to be togeher. Now, some peple will argue that they are the same person like Zelda ans Sheik, but that aactually hasn't hurt many of the other charcaters in the game. Let's take Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young link. They are actually the same characters whenm you think about it. So, I think we shoulld keep them apart, because they to have different weapons, and who knows, they could have different personalities?

For the record, I don't know a whole lot about the Metroid series.

-SMB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom