• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
The entire POINT of having WW Link instead of normal Young Link is to make a DIFFERENT CHARACTER. Just because they are two different ages of the same person doesn't mean they're going to be the same.

Also, seriously, how much comparison can you put to TP and WW Link? The only thing really is the sword and tunic. Everything else is geared in different directions. I really don't see your argument since they will be completely different characters.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Kabyk-Greenmyst said:
The entire POINT of having WW Link instead of normal Young Link is to make a DIFFERENT CHARACTER. Just because they are two different ages of the same person doesn't mean they're going to be the same.

Also, seriously, how much comparison can you put to TP and WW Link? The only thing really is the sword and tunic. Everything else is geared in different directions. I really don't see your argument since they will be completely different characters.
Yeah they will be two differnt playable characters but they are both still link. two links, two of the same person. differnt attacks, strength whatever they are still both link. i see no point in having two links. not at all.

burrito

Smash Lord
WW Link and TP Link are actually different people. WW Link is a kid living on an islnad whose sister gets taken from him and he bcomes the hero of Winds. TP Link is from a time long before WW Link, but after OOT. He is a young adult that herds these sheep-like things.

Also, I believe that Zero Suit Samus is going to be a different selectable character than Samus.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
burrito said:
WW Link and TP Link are actually different people. WW Link is a kid living on an islnad whose sister gets taken from him and he bcomes the hero of Winds. TP Link is from a time long before WW Link, but after OOT. He is a young adult that herds these sheep-like things.

Also, I believe that Zero Suit Samus [bold]is[/bold] going to be a different selectable character than Samus.
They are the same they are both link, its one or the other in my book.

Also check the officail site the creators tell you flat out they wont be.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Kurizu208 said:
They are the same they are both link, its one or the other in my book.

Also check the officail site the creators tell you flat out they wont be.

BZZT. The "One Link" theory doesn't fly anymore, unless you believe in amnesia and crazy-*** time travel between generations and universes. Wind Waker Link is distinctly referred to as a separate Link from the one in OoT and the one in TP and the ones in any other Zelda game. Can't argue with the game itself, dude. :laugh:

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
All right, I know I must be spamming here, because I just heard about all this, but SNAKE?!?! How the heck did that happen? I would rub it in the mods' faces for shooting down any ideas that didn't involve Nin chars, but I was right along with them, and anyone else who had at least an ounce of sense. Apparently, common sense this time was not used.

Anyway, there's more difference between those Links besides stats. TP Link might have the Gale Boomerang, or a slightly different hookshot or bow maybe. Maybe TP Link will turn into a wolf (which I'm still hoping for), or WW Link will use the Wind Waker somehow. I agree with your statement when it comes to Y. Link, I probably wouldn't have included Y. Link in SSBM, but keep in mind also that all they had to work with for SSBM was OoT and MM. They have much more to work with now; WW Link opens up several more options, and we really don't know about all of TP Link's arsenal yet, so don't count out good old creativity before you shun any idea.

burrito

Smash Lord
I'm kind of getting tire of explaining myself about the zero suit Samsu issue. I'll just quote myself from another thread:
When he says "Rather, under certain condition, Samus will 'remove' her power suit", he is talking about within the metroid games. The statement, "And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too." clearly contradicts Zero Suit Samus being a transformation character"

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Thanks for clearing that up burrito, you just gave me and over 50% of the people who voted how she should transform new hope.

Shadow Smasher

Smash Cadet
I'm so excited to see Wario in there hes deserved a spot for a good long time and I can't wait to use him on Brawl as for ww Link it would be awesome if he were in there just so long as he gets his own attacks and isn't a clone of Link

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Who else is glad that Metaknight was added? Kirby needed some more characters, and Metaknight was one of the better ones they could have added.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
burrito said:
I'm kind of getting tire of explaining myself about the zero suit Samsu issue. I'll just quote myself from another thread:
When he says "Rather, under certain condition, Samus will 'remove' her power suit", he is talking about within the metroid games. The statement, "And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too." clearly contradicts Zero Suit Samus being a transformation character"
Samus will remove her power suit, not does. Why would he be talking about what happens in Metroid? You can't even call that reasoning. Does the ability to transform into Shiek prevent anyone from playing as Zelda? No, so see if you can create a better argument, instead of this sorry excuse for logic.

burrito

Smash Lord
blaksheap82 said:
Samus will remove her power suit, not does. Why would he be talking about what happens in Metroid? You can't even call that reasoning. Does the ability to transform into Shiek prevent anyone from playing as Zelda? No, so see if you can create a better argument, instead of this sorry excuse for logic.
Huh? I don't understand you point.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Mirron said:
Who else is glad that Metaknight was added? Kirby needed some more characters, and Metaknight was one of the better ones they could have added.
I'm also glad of metaknights arival. Yeah there needed to be more kirby characters.

Onto the link thing i just will have to hope that ssbb wont be stupidly crawling with links.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Well, I don't mind Young Link and Link, just so long as they aren't clones, which they didn't need to be. If one of them had to be in, and only one, I would personally pick Young Link, simply because he is the one that has been in most Zelda games, not the older version of Link. I'm so suprised they didn't add Metaknight sooner.

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
blaksheap82 said:
Thank you.... :dizzy: too bad he still doesn't understand

burrito said:
Huh? I don't understand you point.
Basically you have ZSS and Samus....Under certain conditions samus 'removes' her suit..thus allowing you to play ZSS...

"You'll still be able to play as standard Samus too" is just saying..that Samus isn't gone..she's still there....so is it possible it hints off that she'll transform...ya..

I think its quite possible its similar to the movie..if she gets blasted up...itll go away...and probably when you die..she comes regular till she gets shot up again...Or you could probably press a few quick buttons and bam...she 'removes' the suit..Also she could probably put it back on since the word 'remove' doesn't have to be permanent.

Hopefully that all made sense... :laugh:

Sapphire_flame

Smash Rookie
Even from only the trailer, I know I'm gonna be using Meta Knight. The whole super quick slash thing is really my style. I just hope they balance him. He'd probably be as light as kirby and have fairly weak attacks.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Mirron said:
Well, I don't mind Young Link and Link, just so long as they aren't clones, which they didn't need to be. If one of them had to be in, and only one, I would personally pick Young Link, simply because he is the one that has been in most Zelda games, not the older version of Link. I'm so suprised they didn't add Metaknight sooner.
Wait, you just said you wanted to keep young Link instead of Link? Link is basically, the character who is one of the original twelve.

Young Link and Link, as of of right now, are clones, and I don't see how they can really change to much about them. For Brawl, I doubt that neither of them will change, ecspecially Link.

-SMB

burrito

Smash Lord
Maelstrom said:
Basically you have ZSS and Samus....Under certain conditions samus 'removes' her suit..thus allowing you to play ZSS...
That's not explaining his point> i already understand this perspective, but disagree that it is what Sakurai is saying.

"You'll still be able to play as standard Samus too" is just saying..that Samus isn't gone..she's still there....so is it possible it hints off that she'll transform...ya..
If he had earlier explained that Zamus was a transformation character, why would he tell us that we still play as Samus. One must play as Samus to take her suit off. So, that would just be redundant.

blaksheap82

Smash Ace
burrito said:
Because Samus is from the metroid games and he's talking about Samus.
But he never says anything about the Metroid games. It's like someone talking about what Donald or Goofy do in KH, and someone else takes that to mean they do the same thing in a Disney movie without anybody mentioning Disney movies. You're inferring from something that's not there.

[burrito]There's a part in Metroid Zero Mission where Samus gets attacked and loses her suit. Then you you play as her without her suit on. That's where Zero Suit Samus came from in the first place.[/QUOTE]
I didn't know that, because I never got to finish MZM, so now I see what you're talking about. But what I meant with the grammar is that in SSBB "... under certain conditions Samus will remove her suit," not does in some Metroid games. In Mario games, Mario can't get his cape and fireballs at the same moment, but he does in Smash; Shiek didn't use needles and a chain in OoT. My whole point is that just because something happened in one franchise doesn't mean that you can use it to prove something will happen in a new Smash. Thank you, Maelstrom, and burrito, he did get the point, you're just still not getting it. ZS not being a transformation char does not negate Samus turning into ZS completely. There are a million ways to do that, whether have a little meter of energy that if used up makes the suit fall off, but gradually replenishes itself, so you still have a choice; or just taking a certain amount of damage. The only precedent right now for a transformation char is Zelda/Shiek, which gives you total control over whom you play as. ZS and Samus do not necessarily have to have exactly the same mechanism as Zelda/Shiek to transform.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
No news so far. Metaknight will probably be light, and weak attacks make sense, It's balanced by the fact that he has quick combo's, and a good recovery. Although, with the way battles are changing, he might be good at aerial battling, and have some other weakness.

facesmelt

Smash Rookie
Semi-Confirmed Characters (Proof Included)

Aside from the characters confirmed on this thread, there are three extra characters and three removed characters confirmed by Sakurai on a Japanese radio show, "The Gaming Show". However, I said only semi-confirmed as a precaution for future changes.

The new characters are:

Cel Shaded Link (Windwaker Version)
Ridley
Bowser Jr.

Removed Characters:

Young Link
Mr. Game and Watch
The Ice Climbers

PROOF: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290

Sighrax

Smash Lord
Blastdude said:
Old news, and comfirmed false.
seriously?
thank goodness, g&w is too good to leave! pichu however... >_>

also, ive been saying i want to main wario for the last 7 months before ssbb was even released, he's going to be awesome

(FART CANCELLING)

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Im getting seriosuly pissed with this rumour, can people at least check 3-4 pages back, just give the thread a skim read before posting? and for the love god always read the first post!

this thread is CONFIRMED characters only.

Do people not check anywhere when posting a 'new' idea or 'new' information?

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Mirron said:
No news so far. Metaknight will probably be light, and weak attacks make sense, It's balanced by the fact that he has quick combo's, and a good recovery. Although, with the way battles are changing, he might be good at aerial battling, and have some other weakness.
Oh,I see.Iam interested in seeing how this air combat will work tho.I just hope that make it harder to get slower/stronger characters out of the arena to help balance things out.Thats the same thing me and my buddies said tho about Meta.Hes gonna be quicker than most,but will lack power.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Well, it fit's his character pretty well, although he is both fast and powerful in the games, he relies more on speed than power, especially when you play as him.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Mirron said:
Well, it fit's his character pretty well, although he is both fast and powerful in the games, he relies more on speed than power, especially when you play as him.
Yeah I hear ya.I wounder how Zero Suit Samus is gonna be like?Wario might be in the same weight class as DK Iam guessing.Snake maybe the all-around type due to the fact that he can do pretty much everything else Mario can do to a certain degree of realism.Pit might be a range fighter/great recovery type.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Zero Suit Samus, can't begin to think of, having never played a Metroid game. Wario, probably heavy, but I haven't played many games that feature Wario prominently. Snake, haven't played any of his games. And Pit will be very good at recovery, and probably involve a variety of projectiles.

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
Mirron said:
Zero Suit Samus, can't begin to think of, having never played a Metroid game. Wario, probably heavy, but I haven't played many games that feature Wario prominently. Snake, haven't played any of his games. And Pit will be very good at recovery, and probably involve a variety of projectiles.
A quick summary about good old Snake.Hes is basically a solider(an expert one)who knows how to take someone out,rather quick and steathly I might add,lol.Hes the main hero of the series so far(Metal Gear Solid),just like Mario been for these many years thus far.Thats why Iam thinking hes gonna reflect on the skills of the player,and show little to no weaknesses.Theres alot more behind Snake's background,as the details about him and the story are hella deep.It would run though about 3 pages to finish his bio completely.

As for Pit tho,I pray hes not that hard to hit,lol.I mean,wow,he was taking off quite fast from Meta in that trailer.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Pit, if he is hard to hit, will probably be weaker than most characters. He seems to be like Metaknight, just more projectiles. And, Snake is the chracter I am looking forward to the least, out of all of them. Just so you know. I never liked realistic chracters.

icymatt

Smash Lord
They already said Zamus was gonna be fast. I imagine her being pretty similar to Sheik, with lots of weaker combo attacks and wacky ninja skills.

Wario will likely be heavy, powerful, and slow.

Snake I can see being all-round good, except maybe his jumping will blow and he'll be focused on sneaky attacks(obviously).

OmegaFujin

Smash Cadet
I don't get it, is the news regarding those characters mentioned to be taken out of Brawl false or true?

icymatt

Smash Lord
OmegaFujin said:
I don't get it, is the news regarding those characters mentioned to be taken out of Brawl false or true?
There's more evidence pointing at false than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom