• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
aeroshadow said:
"Well, currently some sources are claiming that in a japanese radio interview Sakurai-san had stated that Young Link, Mr. Game & Watch and oddly enough, the Ice Climbers are getting the axe. They would be replaced by Wind Waker Link, Kid Koopa and Ridley." - guy from another forum
Yeah, there's no proof for that whatsoever. Some guy from another forum read on another forum that a guy on a different forum heard it from somewhere, probably another forum.

It's not true, at least for now.

Sensai

Smash Master
McFox said:
Hoping for 47 is being VERY optimistic.
Eh, I dunno. We saw a good 14 people increase, right? So...an extra 14'll nab us 40, and since the game is HUGE now....

Jeah, I know it doesn't stand to reason that just 'cause there were 14 added last time there'll be 14 added this time, but at least I'm trying, right?

And I sincerely, SINCERELY, doubt that the ICs'll be gone. Y. Link, I can understand, especially for WW Link, but not the ICs.

I'm not commenting on how I feel about G/W.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Time constraints people. They won't have had long enough to re-do the physics, levels, graphics, background, single, and multiplayer modes, new items, new menus AND do about 40 characters. I'll place my vote at 30. It has been confirmed that not all characters from Melee will be returning. As for anything else, nothing official has been said yet.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
47 is VERY optimistic.

Sakurai said he struggled to fill the Melee roster. If they're recreating every characters from the ground up, how do you expect them to do 47 characters? Recreating the returning characters(around 20) will take a while then they'll probably add around 10-12 new characters.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
35 is even optimistic if you think about it :p

I won't say exactly who I think they'll ditch from Melee, but it's obvious who they have to keep (and that's roughly 20 characters, maybe 21 or 22). We have 5 new more to add to that, and if they follow the pattern, there will be 4 or 5 MORE original characters to unlock (My guess is actually 6), then that would be it. I wouldn't be surprised if they tacked on some clones because "LOL, TIME" Most people don't like having clone characters, but most of the clone characters turned out more popular than the originals, so... :p

OWIE!

Smash Rookie
Anyone have an Idea what the Super smashes are going to be? I know Mario gets a super fireball, link gets some triforce thing, and Kirby gets Cook power, but what about the rest?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
No one knows. It's like that Samus' will be the super blast from the video, even though it was only a cut-scene and she wasn't on fire. It makes sense for her, and it fits with the other supers in the game, because it's similar to Mario's.

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
I think Wario's is going to be the nuclear fart. It's a guess but since it was in the movie I think it's an applicable.

Shine Spiked

Smash Apprentice
I can see snake replacing captain falcon... i dont like it, but the moves fit the character. (Tall, kinda lanky, but muscular.) But yeah, i would like to see them do something different with snakes movesets. Make him like a Mr Game and watch in a sense. Like a completely Unique character all together; Who knows.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Why would Snake replace Captain Falcon? Snake's moveset will be based around explosives, whereas Falcon uses melee attacks and fire. The only similarity is that they're both human males.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Yoshi was my best, and I'm 100% sure he'll return. He's an original character, with his own series, and he was thrown up there in the original game. So, why wouldn't he return? :p

Sporkman

Smash Ace
First off thats an old rumour and there is no proof behind it.

Second, this is a discussion for CONFIRMED characters, not the ideas everyone has floating around, there are plenty of threads hanging about for that.

if case any of you happen to suffer from amnesia, which seems to be a safe bet, here are the confirmed characters:

Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Metaknight
Mario
Wario
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Snake

Some smart *** will now probably try and tell me that 'Samus and Zsamus are actually the same character, just in certain conditio..." you get the point, just so you know im aware of this, but the two 'stages' will play differently, different moves, etc.

Keep on topic.

blinks

Smash Rookie
FlipTroopa said:
Again: OLD'D AND posted everywhere else already. Thanks for the trying and whatnot though :laugh:
Oops... :ohwell:

Didn't see it in the list of "semi-confirmed," and thought you guys might have missed it. So it seems to be just a rumor, and not even worth considering at this point?

TheSmashBro

Smash Rookie
I saw a consideration list earlyer that was the TRUE consideration list of Super Smash Bros Brawl. but their just considerations. I cant pick it up now because the guy already updated his Blog thing. I do remember some. Sora and Megaman was in there. So was Petey Parahna, Peppy Rabit from Star Fox, Alot of japanese video game characters, alot of Fire emblem characters and the blue guys from Dr.Mario.

Im not sure if this is the real list but it's just what I read.

Sorry if im off topic and/or wrong.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
shouldnt fox be...maybe semi-confirmed? the chance that hed be in is very high.

givequicheachance

Smash Cadet
That's not proof. That's just a site reporting the same old fake news from that french site. They even link to it.

If it was on a tokyo radio show, how come the only source for the news is a site in french?

D-20 Dice

Smash Ace
Because it probably IS fake.

If it was true, don't you think they would've made it in Japanese first?

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
I dont know why they would get rid of ice climbers they aree really good characters. and g&w has really strong smash attacks. I would keep them, better to kill young link off alltogether screw wind waker link one link is enough. same with doc mario as much as i like him doc mario and young link were the only two charas i found pointless in the game.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Sporkman said:
First off thats an old rumour and there is no proof behind it.

Second, this is a discussion for CONFIRMED characters, not the ideas everyone has floating around, there are plenty of threads hanging about for that.

if case any of you happen to suffer from amnesia, which seems to be a safe bet, here are the confirmed characters:

Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Metaknight
Mario
Wario
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Snake

Some smart *** will now probably try and tell me that 'Samus and Zsamus are actually the same character, just in certain conditio..." you get the point, just so you know im aware of this, but the two 'stages' will play differently, different moves, etc.

Keep on topic.

At this point i will also point out that there are plenty of threads concerning this rumour, go post anything you want to say on it there, most of them get closed cause everyone posts the same rumour without checking to see if other people have posted it first. Its general ignorance, ands it being shown in the face everyone has ignored my post, which is why ive quoted it.

Like i said, CONFIRMED characters only.

A rumour is not confirmed unless it undergoes confirmation, which would mean its no longer a rumour. The 3 new 3 axed is a rumour and untill it comes from Sakurai's mouth or the official smash bros. website it shall remain that way and be deemed fallacious untill proven real.

All characters not on the confirmed list should not be discussed here, not matter how likely it is they will return (e.g. Fox, Yoshi)

Im afraid if they arnt on the list then they are subject to speculation only, even Luigi.

Flush 5

Smash Cadet
Bowser Jr., Ridley, and cel shaded link have all just recently been confirmed as being Brawl characters. Sakurai also stated they would like to get about 40 characters for the roster.
Also confirmed were three characters not returning: Ice Climbers, Game and Watch and Young Link

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Previous points in this thread are correct. The rumor just got a LOT more credible, but it is still just a rumor.

I might add the characters to semi-confirmed. Or, if it isn't made credible enough to my liking, create a rumored characters topic.

Details to come.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I can really understand removing G&W and Y.Link [to replace] but IC are unique, fresh, and extremely original. They have a decent fan-base and really can't be replaced by anyone.
Unless they do something wierd like Banjo&Kazooie[Microsoft], Ephraim&Eirika, or Diddy&Dixie, how to fill that void? Being that they are 2 characters, ignoring the hardship of playing with just one, it's a task learning to do well with them. It's a great accomplishment and good feeling, and I don't think that should be removed.

Baby Bowser I'll take. Since he might just end up a good version of Bowser, faster and weakened, but even a weak Bowser would still be pretty strong.

Celda I'll take. Loved his game and he's not just another Link. He is unique and interesting.

**Warning**
Ridley NO. I know he's in practically every Samus game and whatnot, but he's still just a raptor-like monster. Yoshi is a dinosaur, but he's gotten his own games and has developed his own personality. Ridley....not so much. It's too awkward this kind of 'character' in Smash.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
Lightsaberboy said:
Why would they remove 2 totally unique characters for a bowser and link clone? blah....
That would make sense if we were getting clones characters but we're not. Get with the times.

Btw, Celda Link can have a whole new moveset and there's NO way Ridley can be a Bowser clone.

The Great Marth

Smash Lord
Kurizu208 said:
I dont know why they would get rid of ice climbers they aree really good characters. and g&w has really strong smash attacks. I would keep them, better to kill young link off alltogether screw wind waker link one link is enough. same with doc mario as much as i like him doc mario and young link were the only two charas i found pointless in the game.
IC, G&W and Y link are some of the least liked,least player characters.....im glad they are gone.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
The Great Marth said:
IC, G&W and Y link are some of the least liked,least player characters.....im glad they are gone.
It annoys me that Ice Climbers seem to be candidates for revomal. The Ice Climbers are very original . Two characters in 'one', the only ones in the game with this ability. Game and watch is original too. They should keep those characters....they have attacks of their own, they didn't "steal" anyone's moves. Now Pichu, Dr.Mario and Young Link..They did.
Ganondorf is an exception because I know he has WAY more stuff in him than cloning Capt. Falcon's moves. But Pichu can't really be original. they might change his attacks...but it will always be thunder here, lightning there. Dr.Mario and Young Link are just stronger clones.
This game shouldn't be about popularity. It should be about originality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom