• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
xXxmarthpwnagexXx said:
I´m thinking the whole time about how Pit splits hos bow into the daggers and back again. Because I read he would also use the Bow as weapon ( stabbing , slashing with it ).
Maybe a special atack splits it into the daggers what gives 2 movesets ?
I'm still a little upset about that whole "wow, the bow can become blades lol!" thing. It's unique, and fresh, but it's also a letdown because it turns Pit into "just another swordfighter" in some eyes, or "the greatest character ever lol" in others. I just wanted classic Pit, the way I remember him from my childhood, and not the way all these n00bs see him (just check out Gamefaqs and how ga-ga they are over him, when most are under the age of 13 >.>). Oh well. Enough whining. Somebody keeps editing my paragraph on the Wiki entry for Pit where I mention the blades are brand new and were retconned to the series. Bleh. Stupid stupids v.v;;

ANYWAYS, it seems to be something fluid, where they just snap apart when he uses his A attacks. When he does other A attacks that require him to use the bow like a staff, they snap together.

And while I'm at it, Wario's taunt needs to be him patting his @$$ like in Mario Baseball/Golf XD

Sensai

Smash Master
Yarg the Pirate said:
No, the real question is: Will Snake's taunt be "!". Because if it is, Snake will be my new main regardless of how good/bad he is.
Haha, that's funny. Hadn't thought of that.

xXxmarthpwnagexXx

Smash Rookie
FlipTroopa said:
I'm still a little upset about that whole "wow, the bow can become blades lol!" thing. It's unique, and fresh, but it's also a letdown because it turns Pit into "just another swordfighter" in some eyes, or "the greatest character ever lol" in others. I just wanted classic Pit, the way I remember him from my childhood, and not the way all these n00bs see him (just check out Gamefaqs and how ga-ga they are over him, when most are under the age of 13 >.>). Oh well. Enough whining. Somebody keeps editing my paragraph on the Wiki entry for Pit where I mention the blades are brand new and were retconned to the series. Bleh. Stupid stupids v.v;;

ANYWAYS, it seems to be something fluid, where they just snap apart when he uses his A attacks. When he does other A attacks that require him to use the bow like a staff, they snap together.

And while I'm at it, Wario's taunt needs to be him patting his @$$ like in Mario Baseball/Golf XD
ah well I´m not excited about the fact he now has swords , but thinking about he using the daggers than immediatly using the connected bow than again the daggers in one aerial combo seems to me a little too unrealistic.
But oh well we have to wait for some more info I guess ( :ohwell: )

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
It would be really unique if he did swap weapons out for different moves, but that is really unlikely. I mean, why bother making 8 B moves for a character who has limited move selection as it stands? :p

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Think about it this way, if Pit only used arrows, then he would get creamed. Once someone gets close, what are arrows going to do? Swords are good.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
commonyoshi said:
Think about it this way, if Pit only used arrows, then he would get creamed. Once someone gets close, what are arrows going to do? Swords are good.
As long as they don't become the focus of his attacks. I'd be really PO'd if his smash was slashing with those things, and not using his mallet, for example. Also, are they even really swords? Somebody got mad at me for calling them that once, saying they were more like daggers or swallows *shrug*

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As a forward smash for Pit i'd like to see a swing with his bow. Would flip over enemies or something. But yeah the swords suit him better then just physical attacks.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
'Fraid to say it but i think most of Pit's attacks will focus around his swordS. Thought id capatalize that, its what will set him apart from the other swordspeople, he has 2. I'm 17 and not all bothered about Pit, infact, im a little dissapointed, id rather the character was someone i knew, liked, and wasnt a pretty boy. Each to one's own i suppose.

It wil be interesting to see how he Pits against other characters.

Coat's on, Im out.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Sensai said:
ARE YOU SERIOUS?! Holy God, you must be the smartest person EVER to have noticed something like this!

Jeeze, you must even be LITERATE! Imagine that, someone LITERATE on a forum? And on top of that, telling SMASH news, while on a SMASH forum.

You're a God among insects!
Actually Sensai, that IS pretty amazing. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DMan304

Smash Rookie
I think, judging by the trailer, that you can't "change" Pit's bow to the sword. It looks like some of his attacks will be the sword and some attacks will be the bow.

Imagine Link when he's holding a weapon, he puts his sword on his back until he get's rid of the weapon. Pit will be the same way, if he does an attack that's the bow, he'll keep it as a bow until he does an attack with the sword, then he'll keep it like a sword until he uses the bow, ect.

Odendaalrust

Smash Apprentice
I hope the other new characters are as interesting as or more interesting than these guys.

Sensai

Smash Master
Sporkman said:
Actually Sensai, that IS pretty amazing. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Haha, you're right.

Sorry McFox, it happens. 'Lower tiered people' (euphemism) tend to 'grind my gears' (another).

And I'd like to see Pit where he can choose to have both weapons. So, you start with Sword (or by holding B the bow), and then just by hitting B you switch. Kinda like Sheik/Zelda.

Psydp

Smash Rookie
icymatt said:
This is how I imagined Snake's moveset would look like:

B-Throws a mine on the ground, which you can detonate with another B tap or it explodes in a few seconds. Damage similar to Link's bombs.

UpB-Fires a rocket launcher downward, propelling himself upward.

Left/RightB-Drops a flashbang, which can stun nearby opponents.

DownB-Hides in the box, being able to avoid opponents for a limited amount of time.
im pretty sure his dashing a attack is his cqc rolling into the opponent. and his throws are similar to how it works on his games. i always though his cqc would be chain attacks like roys/marths. hmmm

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
Problem is, when the website opened, a lot of people misread Sakurai's "how the game came to be" section.

They said that if Sakurai wouldn't have come back, Brawl would have been an updated Melee because the team wouldn't have dared to change anything. But Sakurai is back so that won't happen meaning Sakurai will cut the less important characters and fix the clones.

Caston

Smash Rookie
I misread that bit too sort of >.< oh well, all the better.

Snake is my favourite new character addition so far, I have always loved Metal Gear, I hope we can see his nikita in action, ya know how Ness could control that psychic attack, sorta like that.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I think this is the disputed quote, courtesy of SamuraiPanda's Translations...

""Sorry. I'm not very smart but I can't tell a lie so I'm just going to write it.
As for the previous game's characters, some of them will disappear. Definitely.

For the last game, we struggled to assemble 26 characters. We tried really hard and unintentionally reached that number.

But, although you'll see characters from the last game, this time, on a significant scale [Yes, this is exact], they will be remade. It is this sort of thing [This sentence is slang, so there really isn't a good English translation for it].

For argument's sake, no matter how much staff there is, with just manpower we can’t just put in everything, and as my own job [read: workload] does not decrease, there is a limit.

But, the consumer’s desired things to be included [There really isn’t a good English equivalent for that word] are weeeeell understood. You will be [he doesn’t give a subject to the sentence, so I’m using ‘you’] happy regarding the adapted characters moving around on different stages as well [The email he is responding to complained about how there are only 3 ‘fair’ stages in SSBM].

So, we will once again struggle to create characters. I cannot promise you anything other than that.”"

Khanczar

Smash Ace
Completely off topic. but I saw Silver Flames sig....

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD it's not pawnage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's either pronounced pOwnage, or pOOnage!!!!!!

And you call yourself a nerd....

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord

OK, these first 2 pics show at least SOME of Pit's moves will be using his BOW for CQC. He fights using spinning-chopper style moves, kind of like a person who fights with a staff does.

Sorry, it was either this size or one that was WAY too big. But, here's my point:

Some of his combat will be using his bow broken into blades. These are NOT swords, they are daggers [short swords or whatever you want to call them]. They will NOT be same moves as a sword, considering there is TWO of them, they are SHORTER than swords, and if I'm not mistaken, I saw a few scenes in the trailer of him BACK-HANDING them. So don't worry, he is NOT another sword fighter. He is unique, whether his bow is split or not.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Fliptroopa, this is what everyone's talking about:

As an independent game designer, I had come to E3 to try to foresee what type of work I would take on next.

Several companies had requested my game creation skills, but I asked them to wait until after I had seen everything at E3. That was so I could make plans after seeing each company's next gen machines with my own eyes.

Then this muscled its way in. What if I had declined this offer?

"We'd work to make the game independently, but we might be told to simply focus on making the game Wi-Fi compatible, and may be instructed not to lay a hand on any of the 26 characters in the current game, Super Smash Bros. Melee."

They would make Smash Bros. without changing any of the 26 characters in any way whatsoever. What kind of a new installment would that make. And Mr. Iwata wouldn't be too hot on the idea of just handing the franchise over to someone else. Probably.
People like to just quote the

We'd work to make the game independently, but we might be told to simply focus on making the game Wi-Fi compatible, and may be instructed not to lay a hand on any of the 26 characters in the current game, Super Smash Bros. Melee.
completely out of context, when it actually means something completely different that way.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ya know I thought of something. They are gonna introduce us 15 other characters rite? What if they are not all newcomers just chars form the previous Smash Bros? Or is it already confirmed that the +/- 15 new characters are COMPLETLY new? Otherwise they could go like this:

1: Donkey Kong
2: Yoshi
3: Fox
4: C.Falcon
5: Ness
6: Zelda
7: Ganondorf
8: Luigi
9: Peach
10: Bowser
11: Jigglypuff
12: Marth
13: Ice Climbers
14: A 3th party character
15: Antoher 3th party character

That would really suck IMO. O_O

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I dunno, somewhere...? It was quoted from Sakurai that there would be +/- 15 new characters and 2-3 of them will be 3th party. Or is this just all in my head?

Kasdraven

Smash Cadet
Solid Snake? Not a Nintendo franchise character, but I did just jiz my pants when I read that. My faavorite gaming series ever...

deathblazer

Smash Apprentice
Diddy Kong said:
I dunno, somewhere...? It was quoted from Sakurai that there would be +/- 15 new characters and 2-3 of them will be 3th party. Or is this just all in my head?
Sorry never did see that quote. But there are 9 confirmed characters so far so there should be more than +15 added.

Khanczar

Smash Ace
you know jiz means.... ejaculate... right?

So when you see something really kool you just spontaneously orgasm? eww....

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know that that was suposed to be sarcastic rite?

Anyways I dunno where the **** I got tha idea of 15 chars from to. :p But I think around 35-40 is a reasonable amout.

Khanczar

Smash Ace
^Well ya but the usual saying is that I'll piss myself, not jiz.... anyway, completely irrelevant.

35-40 sounds good, because if you look at the previous games, that is what the math comes out to. The first game, with ALL characters, had 12. The 2nd one had in all 25, so if you find the difference, 13, then it would be around 38 chars.

BUT you could look at it as a multiplication problem, which changes things. From game to game, there is a little over twice as many characters, so there would be around 50 characters if that is the way we little fanboys chooses to base it on...

w00t math!

Odendaalrust

Smash Apprentice
Oh, they better make35-40 characters, if not, th4y better just make a new cast or something.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Diddy Kong said:
Anyways I dunno where the **** I got tha idea of 15 chars from to. But I think around 35-40 is a reasonable amout.
That is a reasonable amount, but no specific number has ever been given, besides 1 or 2 more third party characters.

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
(No one in particular)

If you've ever played Kirby Super Star for the SNES, you know that in "The Revenge Of MetaKnight", you must fight him. I wonder if the moves from that game will have any contributes to SSBB. It's old but it's likely the whole HAL and Smash communities are going over games that have the new characters in them.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm willing to bet that some of Metaknight's moves will come from Meta Knightmare from Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land.

Tera253

Smash Ace
I have that little hunch somewhere that there will be 39, 43, or 47 characters--one of those 3.
(Personally I'm hoping for 47)
~Tera253~

Sensai

Smash Master
McFox said:
That is a reasonable amount, but no specific number has ever been given, besides 1 or 2 more third party characters.
And he said that might change. He says 'maybe' right afterwards.

And yes, that Kirby game kicks ***. It's probably one of the best games ever. Hopefully his taunt'll be like when he throws that sword down for someone else, like he does in the game.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Tera253 said:
I have that little hunch somewhere that there will be 39, 43, or 47 characters--one of those 3.
(Personally I'm hoping for 47)
~Tera253~
Hoping for 47 is being VERY optimistic.

Aero

Smash Journeyman
"Well, currently some sources are claiming that in a japanese radio interview Sakurai-san had stated that Young Link, Mr. Game & Watch and oddly enough, the Ice Climbers are getting the axe. They would be replaced by Wind Waker Link, Kid Koopa and Ridley." - guy from another forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom