• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireyredmystic

Smash Cadet
I would like to point out that in the trailer Zero Suit Samus appears after Samus shoots that super shot from what appears to be her Super Smash attack. If this is the case, it would be impossible to change to ZS Samus in a no item match where that Smash Bros Emblem doesn't appear. However, as a counter thought to this, Samus' charged Beam attack might be made to work somewhat like Roy's current charged sword, where if she changes her beam too much, it will explode on her and thus, break down her suit.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
That is, of course, going off of our original assumption that Super Moves can ONLY be activated through an item. Perhaps (and by "perhaps," I mean "of course) there is still stuff we don't know about the game.

Silpheed

Smash Journeyman
lol! QUICHE. Its Shade. Sup.

Here's hopping for a larger roster, with less to NO clones, and more costume options.

asianpride3491 said:
I for one would be overjoyed at the prospect of 45-50, but even f that were to happen, it would be disheartening to know that there will be less additions to #4 because there were so many additions to S2B2. All in all, i think an approx. 15 character addition per game is nice.

Let me get this straight. You dont want an awsome game now, with a large, robust roster, because you fear it may get in the way or more additions for a possible 4th game? I mean, just think for a second, wouldnt it cool to have a large roster here and now, making this an even MORE enjoyable game, with more gameplay choices and styles, all for the planned online mode, then to say, wait for a non-existant game, that may or may not come, until a future console's launch, 4-5 years from now? Explain the logic in that to me.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
ookkkkk.

ZAMUS!!! WIIIIII!!!!

Zamus takes a nap.

Wario!!! Game footage!!! WIIII!!!

Wario is falling. (Detailed O_o)

I hope you can see those, if not, I can't really help :ohwell:

Sensai

Smash Master
Mr. Phantasmo said:
On the bright side I have the option to play as samus while in the middle of a match.
Also the supers might now be a gauge thing and to activate it you need the item, so when your meter is full you have the option to spawn a smash icon but your opponent can also steal it, prerventing you from using it.
Explain to me how that gauge would be 'on the bright side'?

I REALLY hope that Samus doesn't lose her suit at 100% or so, as that would make it, IMO, much harder. Samus's one of the heavier characters in the game, and if she loses her suit to become lighter and with 'less stamina' as the site said, that'll mean she KO's easily.

I'm hoping for a Sheik/Zelda thing, and GOD I was hoping earlier it wouldn't be like that.

The rumor from the above post is probably not true. I mean, why would it be?

And I must say it, Zamus is a hotty. And I'm now one of those internet perves that I always criticize.

givequicheachance

Smash Cadet
Xemnas said:
lol! QUICHE. Its Shade. Sup.
Sup Shin Kairi! Fancy seeing you here!

(don't tell the others I've been posting here! What'll they say? -Besides, a forum without animated avatars, it's almost blasphemous! lol, all my talents will be wasted here...)
The_TooCool_Master said:
So, a new rumor is saying that only 1 or 2 other character will be added. I assume they're going to be very secret characters......(if the rumor turns out true).
Actually, SamuraiPanda's translation says that at most they'll be adding 1 -2 more 3rd Party characters. the number of 1st and 2nd party characters is still wide open for speculation.

P.S.:

"...seriously."

Omeganon

Smash Apprentice
Will be awful see that Wario moveset will be equal to the mario attacks, he must be the most original possible, PLEEESE

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
What? Bad grammar O_o.

And It's already been comfired that Wario is getting his own moves.

This Wario is not just an evil Mario, but Wario from Wario Ware, which is his
own series and not really realted to Mario.

Wario has a fart power.

Plomid

Smash Ace
smash dojo said:
This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!

Naturally, Zero Suit Samus loses power and stamina, so she should fight using the speed she gains instead.
Also, her gun transforms and can be used as a whip. Of the two, one might consider the whip to be her main weapon.

And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too.
good news or bad news?
i dont know..............

Plomid

Smash Ace
ok first of all
SSJ4Kazuki said:

Wario is falling. (Detailed O_o)

I hope you can see those, if not, I can't really help :ohwell:
could this be warios castle?
and second
how about Brawl using wiiconnect24?
this could mean
new stages
new characters
new items
new modes
and all this just when you would wake up
and you´d be all like
?was i that drunk

Sensai

Smash Master
Plomid said:
ok first of all

could this be warios castle?
and second
how about Brawl using wiiconnect24?
this could mean
new stages
new characters
new items
new modes
and all this just when you would wake up
and you´d be all like
?was i that drunk
Hahaha. 'Jesus, who gave me beer at a time like this!?'

Well, I'm glad that 1-2 rumor thing is gone, 'cause when I saw the actual writing, and I went to my handy dandy Babelfish, it said something about 1 or 2. I didn't believe it, but had me worried.

BentoBox

Smash Master
McFox said:
That is, of course, going off of our original assumption that Super Moves can ONLY be activated through an item. Perhaps (and by "perhaps," I mean "of course) there is still stuff we don't know about the game.
This is how they describe Wario on smashbros.com~

This time, the Wario you know from the "WarioWare" series makes an appearance.
In trying to embody the flavor of the original game, we've aimed to give him some rather...excessive movements.
What does that mean, you ask? You'll just have to wait and see.

The flatulence you saw in the movie is a fantastic move we're tentatively calling the Wario Waft. The more time passes, the more Wario's gas builds up...
Which could also indicate that super moves are accessible through gauges which we have to fill... Who knows~ Unless that wasn't his super move.

fireyredmystic said:
I would like to point out that in the trailer Zero Suit Samus appears after Samus shoots that super shot from what appears to be her Super Smash attack. If this is the case, it would be impossible to change to ZS Samus in a no item match where that Smash Bros Emblem doesn't appear. However, as a counter thought to this, Samus' charged Beam attack might be made to work somewhat like Roy's current charged sword, where if she changes her beam too much, it will explode on her and thus, break down her suit.
Heh... From Smashbros.com once again..

This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!

Naturally, Zero Suit Samus loses power and stamina, so she should fight using the speed she gains instead.
Also, her gun transforms and can be used as a whip. Of the two, one might consider the whip to be her main weapon.

And don't worry—you'll still be able to play as standard Samus, too.
Meaning you could prolly be right... Unless the transformation also activates after a certain gauge.....

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
Once again Sakurai has updated the Character page on the official ENGLISH site.
Now we have Zero Suit Samus and Wario.
Something about Samus is revealed.(the last sentence)
And Wario's fart attack is apparently something that builds up with time. (the gas accumulates)
JUST READ IT!!!

http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara3/index.html

Ok sorry didn't notice you people already had this stuff....Can someone delete this?

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
Is it just me, or does this new Samus seem sort of like an homage to Joanna Dark and Simon Belmont both? It's one hell of a weird combination, but it just makes her all the more intriguing.

Anyway, knowing they've already got a whip moveset definitely lowers the chances for Belmont. :c

D1

Banned via Administration
For ppl that didn't read SamuraiPanda's post in his other thread....it says that they might add 1-2 [third party] characters maybe? Thats what he said actually if u don't believe check his thread its stickied b*tches.

So yeah we might still have a good amount of chars hopefully Sakurai's just messing w/ our heads.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ok, so all the stages might not be so big.

I had seen the 2nd one, but I had never really put together the first. Thanks.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
It's got the same layout as Battlefield and Kirby 64 and to an extend, Fountain of Dreams.

But the scenery seems to indicate that it's a Pit stage now.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:
It's got the same layout as Battlefield and Kirby 64 and to an extend, Fountain of Dreams.

But the scenery seems to indicate that it's a Pit stage now.
Why? Because of the greek looking columns? That's a little bit too generic, don't you think? Especially with the new theme of the game.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Ok, what is the new theme of the game?

Also, Pit is the only character with ANY kind of Grecian background. All stages in Melee except for Battlefield and FD were built around a certain character. There weren't just "generic" stages thrown in there, they were all built with a character in mind.

Keeping that in mind, Pit is the only choice for a level with Greek anything.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:

Also, Pit is the only character with ANY kind of Grecian background. All stages in Melee except for Battlefield and FD were built around a certain character. There weren't just "generic" stages thrown in there, they were all built with a character in mind.

The new "epic" theme that Sakurai is trying to include with the new type of music.

Well, I guess it could be Pit's arena. I just wish they would have made it seem more obvious.

Darth Yoshi

Smash Rookie
Sensai said:
Explain to me how that gauge would be 'on the bright side'?

I REALLY hope that Samus doesn't lose her suit at 100% or so, as that would make it, IMO, much harder. Samus's one of the heavier characters in the game, and if she loses her suit to become lighter and with 'less stamina' as the site said, that'll mean she KO's easily.

I'm hoping for a Sheik/Zelda thing, and GOD I was hoping earlier it wouldn't be like that.

The rumor from the above post is probably not true. I mean, why would it be?

And I must say it, Zamus is a hotty. And I'm now one of those internet perves that I always criticize.
If they did go along those lines, it might be that when she loses the suit her damage resets or something.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
McFox said:

I remember Kero thought that when they first showed Temple that Pit was in since it was Greekish :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom