• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
DJ Xero said:
AKA Battlefield.

In SSB64? It wasn't battle field. You had one long main platform with one single smaller platform above it.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
It's a long platform in the centre. Stone although it changes to a wood bridge nearer the edges, where it gets uneven. Below there's a smaller platform with another stone platform moving back and forth.

Above the stage there is a repelling coin thing which movews from side to side, with two triangular obstacles on either side. Finding a decent picture online is proving hard. I may take one on my PC.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Well here's the level, I tried to get the largest picture possible since the camera doesn't have a Zoom Out D=<

The triangle thing is repeated on both sides. The Smash Emblem/Coin is a pain in the ***. It will repel you and deal damage if hit. Enjoy.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
I apologise. As for characters, it is my profound belief that Super Smash Bros Brawl will see us our first universally tournament banned character.

What do you all think?

Sensai

Smash Master
BloodBowler said:
I apologise. As for characters, it is my profound belief that Super Smash Bros Brawl will see us our first universally tournament banned character.

What do you all think?
An interesting assertion.

But I disagree. While it's possible, I doubt that Nintendo could possibly mess things up that bad. I think they would realize it if they did.

However, if Snake turns out to have mines that he can place on ledges, it's probably not that far off.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
I'm not so sure. Look at the transition from SSB64 -> SSBM. The characters were much more evenly matched in SSB64 in my opinion. As for the mines thing, that all depends on how big the hitbox is. Some characters can have hitboxes that extend below the stage itself. I'm also unsure if the stage would block the damage. As far as it goes though, look at Samus' bombs: Run the edge, drop a bomb and you can use the small upthrust from that to get back on the stage, L Cancel, repeat.

I also think this because of the possibility of edge attacks ( I.E. Being able to attack whilst remaining on the edge. ) Whilst this is highly unlikely, it's something to chew over.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
*this is in resonse to Sensai's post*

i think a mine on the ledge would be just as deadly as Marth's side smash. I get edge guarded with that almost all the time. Both ways allow for only one way to avoid it. You can hop over the mine if you can, and if you can grab the ledge you can dodge Marth's side smash.

Sensai

Smash Master
Vulpine51 said:
*this is in resonse to Sensai's post*

i think a mine on the ledge would be just as deadly as Marth's side smash. I get edge guarded with that almost all the time. Both ways allow for only one way to avoid it. You can hop over the mine if you can, and if you can grab the ledge you can dodge Marth's side smash.
This is what I mean: If Snake gets a mine (Down B, let's just say), jumps off the ledge backwards, throws it so it hits the ledge, and then jumps and 3rd jumps over the mine...you can't grab the ledge without being sploded.

[Edit:]

Thanks for letting us see that movie! Boy Golly! We've never seen it before!

/end sarcasm

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Sensai said:
This is what I mean: If Snake gets a mine (Down B, let's just say), jumps off the ledge backwards, throws it so it hits the ledge, and then jumps and 3rd jumps over the mine...you can't grab the ledge without being sploded.
Idk about you, but I would love to see someone do that move. It would be extremely difficult to pull off and there are easier ways of sending people into the void. Like spike-shinning for example. But seriously, if i saw someone do that I would need to change my pants.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Sensai said:
This would also depend on your approach, the timing of the Snake, the character being used and wether or not the mines are attackable and if so, do they fall off or are they detonated?

Why not play a game of SSBM with mines on and throw one on the edge, then throw the AI off it and watch them recover. This may give us some insight. I think I may try it now actually ^_^

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
EDIT: It also depends on the manner of the mine explosion. A bomb-omb style explosion would kill someone. A Link/Samus bomb however could propel you upwards both of them lead to nasty deaths. But it's still something else to consider.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Vulpine51 said:
^^hmmm..good idea
Thanks ^_^ I put it into action against C Falcon w/Mario on FD.

1. Jumping off the edge then throwing the mine at it so it stays on the side, then recovering is **** near impossible, since your recovery involves grabbing the edge.

However, if you grab a mine, walk as far as you can towards the edge without falling (So your character does the balacing animation, turn around, jump then throw it down it will stick to the edge of the edge and not the top.

It is indeed, impossible to grab, unless you go over it. Double edged sword if they send you over the edge with it. Great for comboing into though ^_^

Sensai

Smash Master
BloodBowler said:
However, if you grab a mine, walk as far as you can towards the edge without falling (So your character does the balacing animation, turn around, jump then throw it down it will stick to the edge of the edge and not the top.

It is indeed, impossible to grab, unless you go over it. Double edged sword if they send you over the edge with it. Great for comboing into though ^_^
So it's not impossible.

But, whomever mentioned that it might be like a Link/Samus bomb has a good point.

Listen to us: talking about a character who we don't know anything about, and also talking about one of his moves.

Haha.

Raistlin Majere

Smash Rookie
well, regardless of whether there is a mine involved, I doubt I would gey much use out of it, as one of my friends refuses to play with items and ledge-guarders, what a spoil-sport eh?

I would like to see what they are going to cook up with snake.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Raistlin Majere said:
well, regardless of whether there is a mine involved, I doubt I would gey much use out of it, as one of my friends refuses to play with items and ledge-guarders, what a apoil-sport eh?

I would like to see what they are going to cook up with snake.
Definite spoil sport, although the no items I can understand.

They've said very little about any character but the most about snake. They say they don't want him to have real guns however they may equip him with rocket launchers and grenades and they like. They did mention that he may only use explosives.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
BloodBowler, please don't double post. We have an Edit button.

Also, I find the following very interesting:

Sakurai said:
...I don't suppose I've gone too far, have I?
Well, this is the kind of game it is. Sorry.
That's on the movie page someone linked to earlier.

It's pretty cryptic, and it was in Japanese before being translated into English. But it's still a pretty interesting line.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Does anyone know anything extra about the Samus-Zamus change? All I saw in the interview is that it would happen only under certain conditions. Any ideas as to what that is?

I apologise for double posting. I won't do it again. Promise.

My thoughts are that Samus can and will only change after accumulating a set amount of damage or after a certain amount of time. Those are the only two things I can think or that will remain constant with the amount of options and things that can be changed in SSBM.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
About Samus:

http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara3/index.html

The profile they have for Zero Suit Samus is that Samus, "under certain conditions," will take off her suit and reveal herself as Zero Suit Samus. Given what was shown in the trailer, is it possible that the condition is using Samus' "special move" that destroys the Power Suit? I think that might be interesting.

Of course, it might also mean that Samus and ZS Samus will be two separate characters, but the phrase "under certain conditions" caught my eye.

Raistlin Majere

Smash Rookie
WarriorofZarona said:
About Samus:

http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara3/index.html

The profile they have for Zero Suit Samus is that Samus, "under certain conditions," will take off her suit and reveal herself as Zero Suit Samus. Given what was shown in the trailer, is it possible that the condition is using Samus' "special move" that destroys the Power Suit? I think that might be interesting.

Of course, it might also mean that Samus and ZS Samus will be two separate characters, but the phrase "under certain conditions" caught my eye.
That is an interesting view, losing suit after special move seems feasible.

Kankaku

Smash Cadet
supermarth101 said:
whoever wrote this message is right,wario is going to kick snakes but there is only one problem,why did they have to put pit in the game i mean hes good but why,all i want to know is if meta knght is going to beat pit or pit s going to beat meta knight
It's not about who they are, but who's playing the character. Meta Knight will only beat Pit if the Meta Knight player is better than the Pit player, and vice versa. I technically am more interested in seeing how Pit plays! ^__^

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Kankaku said:
It's not about who they are, but who's playing the character. Meta Knight will only beat Pit if the Meta Knight player is better than the Pit player, and vice versa. I technically am more interested in seeing how Pit plays! ^__^
And if the skill levels are matched?

Sephi_hatu

Smash Apprentice
I do believe the Samus thing is about how if you beat the metroid game under certain conditions, she removes her suit in the ending. I doubt that it will have any bearing in SSBB.

Yota

Smash Apprentice
Should "Zero-Suit Samus" be put on the same line as "Samus" on the first post for this topic? It's a little out of date.

link00678

Smash Rookie
snak will probly have a moveset like foxs although I have no idea what his final jumpll be maybe something like peaches where he lunges his box forward and floats gently down like a parachute lol really though I dont know the "B" button or whatever has to be the gun like falco or fox

link00678

Smash Rookie
I wanta see if metaknight and pit can "FLY" or just flap 5 times and fall like kirby and jiggly did . what do you guys think?

Maelstrom

Smash Journeyman
link00678 said:
snak will probly have a moveset like foxs although I have no idea what his final jumpll be maybe something like peaches where he lunges his box forward and floats gently down like a parachute lol really though I dont know the "B" button or whatever has to be the gun like falco or fox
Couldn't he just use one of those hooks on the end of a rope? :confused:

link00678

Smash Rookie
for his final jump or B button? The final jump it would be awesome, but I cant see it taking the place of his gone for the B button. Hey raistlin I tought I was the only one that read dragon Lance books thats awesome (thought that series died).

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
BloodBowler said:
Above the stage there is a repelling coin thing which movews from side to side, with two triangular obstacles on either side. Finding a decent picture online is proving hard. I may take one on my PC.
That, my good man, is a bumper that isn't laying down. Bumper = <3

BloodBowler said:

What do you all think?
I think supers aren't item based. But hey, that's what I think.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
A lot of people say they are because in the video you only see Mario perform his super after grabbing a coin, and the super show no footage of before the super itself. Add to that that you see no bar or build up guage or meter.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
BloodBowler said:
A lot of people say they are because in the video you only see Mario perform his super after grabbing a coin, and the super show no footage of before the super itself. Add to that that you see no bar or build up guage or meter.

That's the speculation yes. But along with no bar or any sort of build up, I saw no damage percentages, character symbols or stock icons. So by that logic, with all the sarcasm I can currently muster, THERE WON'T BE ANY OF THAT IN THE GAME! O_O!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom