• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I never played any game but OoT, MM, TP and a little little bit 4S.
I just like reffering to YLink/CSLink as rabbits because they fight similar (I guess it's like he was a rabbit in the dark world) to the way a rabbit would fight in "hylian" form lol

YEY! Rabbits with swords, chopping Zelda...their...princess?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
I never played any game but OoT, MM, TP and a little little bit 4S.
I just like reffering to YLink/CSLink as rabbits because they fight similar (I guess it's like he was a rabbit in the dark world) to the way a rabbit would fight in "hylian" form lol

YEY! Rabbits with swords, chopping Zelda...their...princess?
Yes...you should join rAt's Doominators. Without a doubt.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Just an idea, but what if Y/WW Link's FS is something along the lines of the Fierce Diety mask from Majora's Mask or the like. That'd be pretty awesome.
Yeah, that was my idea. But not WWL, he would do something like summon Tetra and her gang. If you look in my signature, you can see my movesets for WWL and ML (Mask Link), including their FSes.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
RVD fan returns for a few minutes. Sorry about the lack of posting but my computer has been down for a few months now. And to the legions of fans (2) who wanted my sig, talk to wolfy (if he's still around). And I'm not giving up on my position for Gengar to make the roster.

Gengar for Brawl!!!!!!!

-RVD

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Feirce Deity would work PERFECTLY. That's why I'm favoring YLink, (with some grappling hook support lol) as the second Link.
A cross between YL and WWL, huh? Interesting. I kinda like it, but kinda not. Either way, we'll just have to see when a) we unlock YL or CSL or b) we don't and he's not in the game and I cry and blow Sakurai up.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So, I got bored today and made this li'l handy chart.

The top row lists confirmed characters, and the bottom is a checklist for returning vets.

Its good to have a visual when guessing what veteran will be coming back for updates. For example, this checklist reminds you that the only non-unockable characters left are C. Falcon, Ice Climbers, and Ness, while there haven't been any SSBM secret characters reconfirmed yet-- which should leave us to believe that C. Falcon, IC's or Ness should be the next update. (After Peach. :p)

Updated whenever an update warrants an update.

Anywayyyy, Scav should put this in the first post. Just b ecause it's so cute.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
If Young Link is back why not have FD Link as his final smash? but if young Link is back i guess he would be in WW form and well... FD has nothing to do with WW -.-

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Starters

Mario - Kirby - Link - Pickachu - Pit - Wario - Fox - Samus - Zelda - Bowser - Zero Suit Samus - Ike - Donkey Kong - Ness - Yoshi - Captain Falcon - Meta Knight - Krystal - Peach - Ice Climbers

Unlockables (in order)

Toad - K.Rool - Jigglypuff - Snake - Luigi - Marth - King Dedede - Lucas - Bowser Jr - Young Link - Lucario - Bomberman - Lyn - Falco - Ganondorf - Baloon Fighter - Jody Summer - Diddy - Captain Olimar - Wolf - Poo - Banjo & Kazooie - Mewtwo - Little Mac - Sonic - Ridley - Midna - Smashkid

Future Download

Geno - Black Mage - Mr. Game & Watch - Black Knight - Paula - Black Shadow - Baby Mario - Bub & Bob - Charizard - Megaman

CONFIRMED IN MY MIND!!! lol

Seriously though, this is my dream roster

Repryx

Smash Champion
Starters

Mario - Kirby - Link - Pickachu - Pit - Wario - Fox - Samus - Zelda - Bowser - Zero Suit Samus - Ike - Donkey Kong - Ness - Yoshi - Captain Falcon - Meta Knight - Krystal - Peach - Ice Climbers

Unlockables (in order)

Toad - K.Rool - Jigglypuff - Snake - Luigi - Marth - King Dedede - Lucas - Bowser Jr - Young Link - Lucario - Bomberman - Lyn - Falco - Ganondorf - Baloon Fighter - Jody Summer - Diddy - Captain Olimar - Wolf - Poo - Banjo & Kazooie - Mewtwo - Little Mac - Sonic - Ridley - Midna - Smashkid

Future Download

Geno - Black Mage - Mr. Game and Watch - Black Knight - Paula - Black Shadow - Baby Mario - Bub & Bob - Charizard - Megaman

Baby Mario......Maybe Yoshi w/ him on his back for the subspace emissary

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Baby Mario......Maybe Yoshi w/ him on his back for the subspace emissary
Baby Mario with a downB that brings out a Chainchomp on a leash...Baby Mario with an UpB tornado spin throwing fire balls in all directions...Baby Mario with a FB Hammer similar to the IC's FSmash but explosive...Baby Mario with a chargable fire ball for B...Baby Mario with a Pichu like MS but with less speed and more strength...Baby Mario with amazing jumping ability and areal combos

He's going SOLO!!!

I will most my "general move set" ideas sometime in the near-distant future for all characters...This will take a while though lol

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wow... Baby Mario and Yoshi would have made a great addition! (Maybe as Yoshi's alternative costume XD)

Repryx

Smash Champion
and if he loses mario his percentage goes up...then we can say "only a true yoshi can use that outfit" and Pwn anyone fool enough to use it...CLASSIC

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Well, I don't think anyone was expecting a Pokemon Trainer to make it as a playable character.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Pokemon trainer?!?
didn´t see that coming.

Looks good, very counterpickish versatility to be expected. I assume one of the better characters tournament wise.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
WHOOO-HOOOO! ALL RIGHT! Now THAT'S my kind of update!!!

Dang, I have been hoping for Charizard to be playable, and I always had ideas on about how Ash or another trainer could be playable, but...

To make it actually POSSIBLE? Incredible!

This means he's practically 3 fighters in one, doesn't it? I can't wait to see how the three Pokémon are in battle...

But that now pretty much confirms that they don't use the Pokémon and characters from the Anime... oh well, doesn't matter.

I'm still happy! :grin:

lazychi

Smash Cadet
ah ha ha thats unexpected definately unexpected

still it looks fun but dunno how good each one will be or how bulbazuar will play

Fawriel

Smash Master
Please don't make me hate this update for taking away a possible spot for Gardevoir, please don't make me hate this update for taking away a possible spot for Gardevoir, please don't make me hate this update for taking away a possible spot for Gardevoir, please don't make me hate this update for taking away a possible spot for Gardevoir, please don't make me hate this update for taking away a possible spot for Gardevoir, please don't make me hate this update for taking away a possible spot for Gardevoir...

...he looks fun and... cool.

I was just telling myself that Sakurai might update with a newcomer today to mindgame us all and I expected Lucas, and then I thought "Hey, there have barely been any Pokemon updates, maybe it's Gardevoir".
I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
WHOOO-HOOOO! ALL RIGHT! Now THAT'S my kind of update!!!

Dang, I have been hoping for Charizard to be playable, and I always had ideas on about how Ash or another trainer could be playable, but...

To make it actually POSSIBLE? Incredible!

This means he's practically 3 fighters in one, doesn't it? I can't wait to see how the three Pokémon are in battle...

But that now pretty much confirms that they don't use the Pokémon and characters from the Anime... oh well, doesn't matter.

I'm still happy! :grin:
Charizard ftw

Wow I never expected RED... Maybe Charizard, but never RED.
Charizard ftw

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Starters

Unlockables (in order)

Future Download

Geno - Black Mage - Mr. Game & Watch - Black Knight - Paula - Black Shadow - Baby Mario - Bub & Bob - Charizard - Megaman

Charizard supporter from the start!!!

double post my bad

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
forgive me for never playing pokemon, but what is RED!?!??!?

who is red

WHAT IS RED

i dont see a red.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the original first games in the Pokemon series were Red and Blue, and the trainer's name was red, 2 other names, or the one you chose. Now, I don't know why most people refer to him as Red and not maybe Blue. But, Blue might be the female trainer while Red is the male.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Okay, okay, speculation time. The Red thread is still in the "OH LAWD" phase.

-Stamina: A cool addition that avoids only using a single Pokemon. I guess they will tire out if you switch too often or not enough. No idea how that shows itself. Maybe it will fail to react to commands randomly after a while?

-Trainer: The name is generic and all he does is probably run around and wave his hands. I'm certain that there will be several models, including girl trainers and stuff.

-Final Smash: Throw out all of them and make them perform their awesome attacks? Summon a legendary? Huh.

Also, HOW will the three Pokemon differ? Charizard next to the other two seems kinda strange. What strengths could Squirtle have? Hmm...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Um...

Although I am able to truefully claim a personal indifference towards Poke'mon...

That character update was...just...HORRIBLE! PLEASE DON'T FLAME ME, that was the joke. You can all now lay to rest your respective torch and/or pitchfork.

In all due sincerity, I'm reasonably appreciative of today's information tidbit. This unique system of "don't play favorites" and "change is bad" yields a spectacular combination: another Zelda. However, there IS a downside. A player MUST switch between all three fighters if (he/she) is to fight successfully. As a direct result, said person must master three different styles of gameplay to play effectively. Oh, you say the first is not exactly a downside, but quite the opposite? Mmhm, yes, quite, indeed. What is this nonsense, how do you claim that I have not submitted a second point, but instead an interpretation of the first? I have? Well, 'bout time I was hittin' the ol' dusssty trail. -Draws pants high, then fails at an attempted inconspcious exit.-

((Production team responsible for the awesomeness of Family Guy, I beseach thee', please do not sue me. [fanatic]I LoVe your show![/fanatic]))

Secondly, will we be seeing some 3+ person characters this time around? -Points convictingly at the swarm of angry red Pikmen over your left shoulder, then has a Valley-Girl style stare-down...to the Intimidation.- I still can't imagine what it would be like to play as The Teen Titans or one of any of the seperate Hunters from Metroid Prime Hunters, within the same fight, changing between whenever you felt it desirable. Just something to think about.

As probably many of you can read, it's late here and I'm beat. Gonna leave, then take a sleep, followed by intimacy (no incest) and perhaps a witty bitty snacky-poo to fill ma' bellah! Hunt ya'll later.

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
I just thought of something else! What if- theoretically speaking - there's another Trainer character we can use (a female one, maybe) and he/she can use three starters or their evolved forms from another game? Like Mudkip, Grovyle and Blaziken, perhaps? And then we let the two Trainers fight each other in the Pokémon Stadium Stage with the only item that appears being the Pokéball.

It'll be the ultimate Pokémon experience in Brawl!

I dunno how likely that will be, but it's a nice idea nonetheles, isn't it?

And my predictions about the three Pokémon's moves are:

Squirtle: Water Gun (B), Skull Bash (Sidewards B), Turbo Spin (Up B)

Ivysaur: Razor Leaf (Sidewards B), Vine Whip (Up B), Poison Powder (B)

Charizard: Flamethrower (B), Fly (Up B), Rage (Sidewards B)

And the Final Smash? Three possibilities: Either all 3 Pokémon are attacking at once, or Charizard is doing one of his most powerful attacks, or the Trainer is pulling out a completely different Pokémon, a Legendary, maybe...

I know it's way too early to make such predictions, heck, maybe we'll learn more about their moves by tomorrow...

But it's so much fun to make silly predictions nobody else cares about, right? :grin:

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Did the page JUST update? I'm sorry, but, 'trainer' doesn't seem like a very fun character. I think he will either be WAY broken or incredibly dull.

Oh no... Now whenever someone makes a pokemon suggestion they're going to be flamed and a bunch of people will go "YOU GOT 7 POKEMON IN BRAWL ALREADY WHY DO YOU WANT MORE?!?!?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom