• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confessions of a Mario Main

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
My confession....I will be making sweet sweet love to Mario Galaxy 2 on launch day...right beside the register...

Matt07

Smash Master
^Lol, I'm looking more forward to Metroid and Golden Sun 2 more then anything. Then Mario :p.

I still have to beat the first game, I've just been on and off that game constantly. Well, at least I have motivation to hurry up and beat it now.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
^Lol, I'm looking more forward to Metroid and Golden Sun 2 more then anything. Then Mario :p.

I still have to beat the first game, I've just been on and off that game constantly. Well, at least I have motivation to hurry up and beat it now.
Golden Sun 2? Didn't that come out years ago?
Or did they just remake it/make a new one?

Matt07

Smash Master
Sorry I meant Golden Sun DS. Only thing I really want is to play Isaac again, I've heard we're playing as their kids. I don't mind that too much though.

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Yeah. I'm WAAAAAAAY more interested in Golden Sun DS then SMG2. I've beaten both GS games like 5724956936489568 times. They're just so amazing. As long as I can play as a Felix kid, that's cool. I was more of a Felix fan myself although choosing between the two is quite difficult.

T_T;

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Holy ****! I hadn't heard about a new GS! MUST GET IT!

And nah, Isaac and Garrett are where it's at.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Bah...GS is overrated.

BUT, it does have top tier music and level design. It's just that ****in battle system that gets lame and repetitive.

FrankPizzi

Smash Apprentice
I hate being all lame and defense with Mario. I gotta move at super speed, always have to do one flashy thing during a round, putting pressure on my opponents, and comboing them to death...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I've started getting way too offensive with my Mario, which is weird because my playstyle is usually very defensive and quite gay.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I'm defensive in certain matchups (and ones I don't know) and offensive only on matchups I know pretty well, and if I already know the person's playstyle.

So I'm defensive most of the time, I loooooooove camping.

EDIT: I always love when they try to beat my defense by attacking me too... that's when I get all offensive on them for a while, and then back off to camp again. It makes them think twice.

Famous

Smash Champion
I just just like being random...doing one unthinkable move after another...After awhile my randomness starts to resemble a sloppy lvl 9 computer...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Meh, don't worry Famous, to obtain level 9 status, you need to pick Jiggly and randomly rest in the middle of FD for no reason. ULTIMATE MINDGAMES!

smashking420

Smash Cadet
Wow, I did drop mario when a friend told me he sucks (and I was not all that good anyway.)

BUT I came back after, like...awhile, but improved now. (and it almost seemed like I a LOT of Bo x7's style.)

But I hated that feeling tho.

Kingkira

Smash Rookie
i suck with mario, as a confession : ), holy crap ive been playing mario so much i can't use anyone else anymore : (

Veggi

Smash Champion
You will learn the ways of the plumber in time.

My confession: I monk'd someone in a friendly match. (Yes, I'm still using that term)

It was a Falco and I got frustrated that every time I approached he would roll dodge back and forth around me (wifi) until he got a grab and then he would chaingrab me. So I just camped the edge when I got a lead.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I timed out Frank in a friendly over wi-fi. Still can't stop mentioning it.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
It's harder to get away from Falco's grab than D3....that's so insane. I should prolly do the same thing Veggi.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, I'd agree with that. Falco can force you to get in his face making grabs easier.

They're still way too common.

Matt07

Smash Master
Meh there just setting up a wall so if you go to do anything from the ledge you'll get laser'd.

Or their bored and showing their ability to short hop double lazer.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
i thought that i could get better with mario by playing only boss but i was dead wrong i just wanted mario to to be like boss's now i want my mario to be unique and i will complete the goal by beating any mario i come across and any MK lol :)

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
I consider myself a Mario main, but everyone (offline and online) say my Falco is better. Hard to see myself working on Mario so hard when I know that my Falco will win me matches.
I'm just like that but with TL. I wanna practise with Marth but everyone I play say my TL is better. So it's frustrating when people keep telling me to change cos I keep losing with Marth and TL will help me get better.

Anyway.

My confession is... I dropped Mario cos it stopped being fun to play with him. :/ Although I started playing with him recently but I'm afraid changing mains again my friends might disown me. >.>

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
I am in a similar predicament.....I am "so much better with Marth" that everyone starts toask why i dont main Marth instead of Mario.
The truth is....I like mario better than marth. Mario was so epic in melee. then brawls comes and Mario is not getting enough credit where credit is due. I will main mario and in a little while he will be my best characters

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Condemned, I know what you mean...

My Marth and Falco are both good enough to be tourny viable despite the fact I only play them like once a month when I random into them.
However, I have no fun with either of them so I never play them, and hence never get any better with either character, despite the fact I might actually win more if I did.

vato_break

Smash Master
I accidentally use my fludd on nothing sometimes because like midbattle i'll charge my fludd and when i kill them i automatically press down-B for some reason even if it's already charged , not something i do on purpose either haha

Top Bottom