• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confessions of a Mario Main

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I actually meet about 5 other Mario mains at my LOL Monthlies, we usually form teams and dominate pools. Only 30+ people show up, which is pretty cool, since Mario's the 2nd most represented.
I'll remember to come to this event if I ever visit America one day. More Mario mainers the better.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Heh... I kind of envy you. The only other decent Mario here picked him up because I used him (apparently I'm the first decent Mario he'd played.), and the possibilities intrigued him.

Ismael

Smash Ace
Diddy's just boring for me.
Diddy = equals teh boringz?!

I use bananas, but the Mario in me always makes me pull combos without them. Like dash attack, utilt, utilt, fair. I just keep doing different combos,. This goes on for a while until I'm like "oh yeah, my bananas!", then I starting banana grab locking and dribble mindgames.

Diddy actually isn't boring to me. If a character has nice combo potential, I'll use them. If they don't, THEN I think they're boring.

Confession: I think G&W is an ***. >_>... <_< ... >_> Everybody does.

CPU?

Smash Apprentice
my confession is that i didnt like mario only because he was low tier but then i used him and he was such an enjoyment to play then i realised
TIERS ARE FOR QUEERS!!!!!

Zephil

Smash Ace
my confession is I love Mario... A LOT! but Fox seems to work better for me so instead of maining him I now use Mario as secondary

But-itzah-me!

Smash Rookie
My confession - I get uberly pissed when some of the people I regularly play with beat my Mario...So then I pull out snake and utilt them until they cry... I feel like I should be able to punish them with Mario, but the punishment just isn't there.

FYI, my college had a local tourny, and I not only won with Mario, I 2 stocked a DeDeDe in a 3 stock timed match ftw. It's ok, I know I'm the sh*t.

boss8

Smash Hero
i havent been using mario alot since the early days.......

the highlight of my mario life was when i was beasting groom blue and doing 0-deaths all day.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja4xMk3aEAc

also the cape ****.....found all new AT's with famous.....famous is a wiz at mario' smetagame and will continue in the future.....but yea i need to use mario more.....then i set per turney........

many people drop mario because they dont have the patience to deal with it.....let me tell you people RIGHT NOW...

if u dont have the patience to use mario then by all means dont....but a high level skilled maario WILL always be really hard to fight against.....i cant get on my knees and beg and plead u to play mario....mario is slowly dying out cause no one is reppin THE PERSON WHO STARTED IT ALL (MR NINTENDO)

yea people will quit mario for high tiers but as far as i see it......

MY MARIO IS HIGH TIER....

give him a chance...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ladies and gentlemen... do not **** with Boss!!111 :mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Dude, you just seemed so angry. :mad:
I just had to.

But you're absolutely right. We really can't blame you for using more Luigi. :( Still, the fact that you haven't given up on Mario keeps us going. None of us have quit Mario, except for maybe Skyler. He's so pissed because he can't gimp my Ness.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You have no idea. I can tell anything through internet forums. :evil:

brb, gunna go playce hi.

But really, as long as you keep repping Mario, it'll only give us hope. I know I'll be on the top of my game now. :laugh:

Inferno3044

Smash Master
So here's kind of a little story of why I'm Mario

I play with a couple of people. The only one I'm pretty positive most people know is Pierce7d. Most of them keep telling me to switch to a person higher on the tier list like Luigi, Kirby, or G&W. I rarely beat any of my friends and they didn't give Mario much respect except for Pierce cuz Mario is his low tier character. Then Pierce went to a tourney in Virginia and when he came back, he said "Oh my god! There was this kick *** Mario named Boss. He was fireball sniping MK's tornado and ****** them" or something like that. So I decided to look into him and he kicked major ***. Then I joined swf and found everybody else.

Chances are if it wasn't for Boss, I might not have been a Mario main. Now, I found quite a few good Mario mains and I'm not switching. Thanks Boss. I owe you one big time. I gotta say yer wrong about something though. Yer Mario is not high tier.

IT'S TOP TIER!!!!!! Keep using Mario man. I know yer a Mario main at heart, as much as you now use Luigi and it's cool. I know me of all people shouldn't be telling you what you should do, do your best to go Mario as much as possible for all the Mario mains.

Yer my hero Boss!!!!!!!

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Meh, don't even sweat it Boss. Everybody knows you could **** with Mario just as easily as Weegee, and you're still regarded as the best. My only regret is that I can't get out to more tourneys to help rep Mario, get better, and place high to show SBR what Mario can do along with you, Famous, Kirin, Hippie, and the rest of he Marios on EC. Until someone has even placed as high as you USED to with Mario, you're still the best and have proven what Mario is capable of.

The rest of us need to step it up, especially myself.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I can't gimp your Ness, Straked?

Oh yeah, that's because I don't have to. You gimp yourself (seriously, he missed a PKT last night).

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
Mario is too fun to drop. It's also nice when you overhear people saying "Every match Kirin plays is a combo video." at tournaments and such. The respect and recognition is enough to keep me playing him for just about ever.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I wonder if I'm the only one that takes offense to people saying "you should play a better character, you'd do really well". I still think Mario is high tier quality. Just because SBR didn't put him there based on tourney results (lol), faulty matchup charts and literally declaring that they didn't care about anybody past high tier when they made the tier list doesn't automatically make Mario a bad character.

FrankPizzi

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if I'm the only one that takes offense to people saying "you should play a better character, you'd do really well". I still think Mario is high tier quality. Just because SBR didn't put him there based on tourney results (lol), faulty matchup charts and literally declaring that they didn't care about anybody past high tier when they made the tier list doesn't automatically make Mario a bad character.

Mario is to fun...

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I don't take offense to it, I just laugh and then pick Mario. (Sometimes I keep pressing a to reselect him so the announcer keeps saying Mario :D)

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
People say that to me a lot. I just respond with "I play him because he's a lot of fun." and shrug it off. People usually don't say anything else to me after I say that.

Veggi

Smash Champion
For a second I thought you said dropping Mario was too fun, lol. I don't receive many compliments on my Mario, I mostly get complaints.

"WTF Mario's fsmash has more range than Ike's."

"I hate Mario and his 60% combos that end in me being gimped."

I watched two people argue about the range of Mario's fsmash because they didn't know it could be pivotted. The compliments I do get, I enjoy though, I still enjoy people complaining about me though.

bobson

Smash Lord
When people ask me why I don't play higher tier characters, I use Metaknight the next round and lose.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I'm not a fan of high tier characters that much. I like mainly Snake and sometimes G&W and thats it. I love mid and low tier characters. They are more fun, but I understand why people go with top tier characters.

Also a confession: I have terrible spacing and forget to space with bairs

vato_break

Smash Master
i can only use mario...i've tried other characters such as mk picked mk up for 2 months then got 3 stocked by dorys ganon

moral of the story: Mario is the only charcter ever be good with and hes my favorite character too so thats a bonus...

Top Bottom