• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Condors, Eggplants, and Chaingrabs~ The NEW Ice Climbers Guide~!

Sieguest

Smash Master
Wiichuck= wireless=frame loss(takes time for the game to react from when you pressed the buttons)=frame advantage for the opponent=even harder to time and grab

That is one reason why a GCcontroller is clearly superior to use...
I've never experienced any delay in my button inputs and I use the Classic Controller (at least as far as I can tell, but now that I think about it, when I took my Wii to school for a christmas party, things didn't seem to come out when I wanted to do... but Iunno does fine at home lol)

swordgard

Smash Hero
Wiichuck= wireless=frame loss(takes time for the game to react from when you pressed the buttons)=frame advantage for the opponent=even harder to time and grab

That is one reason why a GCcontroller is clearly superior to use...
Actually this depends on the circuitry use, the reaction time could be under one frame thus making your game unnafected.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
A few spelling errors and stuff. And the credits. Gonna update more soon.

Sleepz

Smash Rookie
Ahh, the IC,s are hard to learn compared to other characters

Nice guide though

Rushisu

Smash Rookie
EDIT: How long did it take to master those Cg's? becaese i am already trying for about 2 weeks and the only char i can do the chain is on lucario...-.-'' and not even a 0 to death...

Sieguest

Smash Master
EDIT: How long did it take to master those Cg's? becaese i am already trying for about 2 weeks and the only char i can do the chain is on lucario...-.-'' and not even a 0 to death...
I've been playing for months (almost a year iirc) and I still don't have every character on a consistent basis. >.> It takes a while.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I've been with ICs for two years and my chaingrabs aren't perfect.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
No ICs main has "mastered" CGs, including lain.

But if you're wanting to get them at a workable tournament level, you're looking at a couple of months of good training...

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
i really dont practice chain grabbing. the chain grabs are all really easy, whats difficult is doing them in tournament. I find that practicing it in training or in friendlys dont help much. Its a whole different expirence while in tournament.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
This guide could use a possible fine tuning, since it hasnt been touched in over a year.

Hell I used this guide when I first started out.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm not a big competitive player, so i'm not sure how useful this technique is, but I discovered that if you use Ice shot directly after squall hammer, one piece of ice wil be shot in each direction, because popo and ana are facing in different directions. I've never tested it with any other attack, but I can only assume it'd work with the neutral a-combo too. Might want too add that, if it's useful.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux

Mr. Game and Watch

Grounded Blizzard shoots in opposite directions for the most part regardless of whether it's done out of squall or just grounded...

I am seriously contemplating locking this thread and/or writing a new guide

DeLux

I change my mind

I am contemplating locking this thread and/or letting Smoom write a new guide

Smoom77

Smash Master
I freaking do te video thread.

But it WOULD be fun to write a guide. I would be part of a LEGACY.

DeLux

The Club benefits aren't that good Smoomy imo

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I'd write the zoning portion since that's literally the only thing I do.

Top Bottom