• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data COMPLETE: Marth Hitboxes and Frame Data

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
So how does reversing up b make it any better? What exactly does it change?

Mahie

Smash Lord
Nothing. It's just way easier to get the proper hitbox that way, and most of the time when you do it you are airborne and thus you need to come back to the stage, but I use dash/run --> Frontal upB to punish missed techs at higher %s. You just have to do it from way further away than you would in reverse.

.K1

Smash Apprentice
If possible could someone tell me if Marth is at frame advantage or disadvantage in these situations:

falling fair (as late as possible on opponents shield)
First hit of side B on shield (just need to know how much hitstun it does)
Shffl Nair (second attack hits as late as possible on the opponents shield)

I imagine marth would be at slight frame advantage on the falling fair. I just need to know how many frames of shield stun each move does really.....that in itself would help a lot.

Also, do B moves have IASA? For example, can Marth do f+B IASA Jab? I dont mean having the second hit come out of DED....I mean an actual jab swipe....or does marth have to finish the side B's full recovery THEN do Jab ?

Could someone provide some insight?

Kadano

Magical Express
Nothing. It's just way easier to get the proper hitbox that way, and most of the time when you do it you are airborne and thus you need to come back to the stage, but I use dash/run --> Frontal upB to punish missed techs at higher %s. You just have to do it from way further away than you would in reverse.
To be (overly) precise, this is not true. The reversal happens after the strong hitbox is already gone, so reversing cannot make landing the sweetspot easier.
If possible could someone tell me if Marth is at frame advantage or disadvantage in these situations:

falling fair (as late as possible on opponents shield)
First hit of side B on shield (just need to know how much hitstun it does)
Shffl Nair (second attack hits as late as possible on the opponents shield)

Also, do B moves have IASA? For example, can Marth do f+B IASA Jab? I dont mean having the second hit come out of DED....I mean an actual jab swipe....or does marth have to finish the side B's full recovery THEN do Jab ?

Could someone provide some insight?
Falling fair and nair are −1 (the opponent can act one frame earlier than Marth). FYI, autocancel nair on shield is −2.
B moves have no IASA frames in general, no. There might be exceptions, but not for Marth.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Really ?

It felt like I had to space myself differently in order to use reversed or not reversed upB, but they're actually the same ? I always leave more distance for a frontal one.

Kadano

Magical Express
Really ?

It felt like I had to space myself differently in order to use reversed or not reversed upB, but they're actually the same ? I always leave more distance for a frontal one.
I just checked it again so I could rule out my memory being faulty.
The strong hitbox is only out on frame 5. Between frame 5 and 6, control stick position is read and the attack’s orientation is determined accordingly. Interestingly, Dolphin Slash’s angle is determined earlier, between frames 1 and 5. It seems like the average of the analog values between these frames is used for the angle calculation.
What really surprised me is that holding backwards during these frames (but not between frame 5 and 6, as that would cause a reversal) will make the Δx increase instead of decreasing compared to neutral or straight up/down analog inputs (those all cause the exactly same angles). Of course, holding forwards will cause even greater Δx.

jacobpilawa

Smash Cadet
Okay, I have a question. For Marth's U-Tilt, the hitbox is behind him as well right? Does it have the same trajectory if you hit the same way on backwards and forwards?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah they were all hosted on photobucket and have ran out of monthly bandwidth. Someone should reup on imgur.com

Bones0

Smash Legend
You can still check them individually by going to the actual Photobucket, but yeah, getting them reuploaded on imgur would be the best idea so this doesn't happen again. I'd do it myself if my internet wasn't such ass.

Guzzler Guzzler

Melee Elitist
You can still check them individually by going to the actual Photobucket, but yeah, getting them reuploaded on imgur would be the best idea so this doesn't happen again. I'd do it myself if my internet wasn't such ***.
So if I put these all in an imgur album OP will just replace the links?

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
need more bandwidth! or can someone replace the images with the new imgur album

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
If someone could re link the gifs in the original post, that would be useful.
having to look them up again then go to the first post to check numbers is a bit tedious.

Mr. $mooth

Smash Rookie
This is great but could you get frame data of the reverse dolphin

Last edited:

Kadano

Magical Express
Okay, I have a question. For Marth's U-Tilt, the hitbox is behind him as well right? Does it have the same trajectory if you hit the same way on backwards and forwards?
I don’t believe you still care, but on the off chance you do, this picture should answer your questions:

This is great but could you get frame data of the reverse dolphin
What kind of frame data do you want? If you scroll up a bit, you’ll find a post in which I explained how the angle is determined and that the hitboxes are the same for reversals.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Could you add information to the first post like Ledge stand/attack/roll/jump under 100% and at 100%+, Landing lag, when dash becomes run, like how Sheik has it?

Thanks! And thanks for the frame data! It's a great resource!

Last edited:

X1-12

Smash Champion
What's up, I don't check smashboards so didn't know the links were broken, only found out when I saw people posting about it on the MIOM podcast facebook group. Everything is now re-uploaded on my imgur and links are changed - enjoy :)

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
can someone help me with all of marths fairs?
like, what directions the opponent are sent?

Crawfish

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1393-8146
much thanks man
i feel kinda foolish seeing that it was on smash wiki, woops

Mister the Wizard

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7432-3401
I'd love to know how to tell apart sweet spots from sour spots. For example, where does his Dair spike and where does it just do regular Knockback? As far as I can tell in the Gif all the hitboxes are just red.

Mister the Wizard

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7432-3401
You can find out by using the moves yourself.

Dair spikes on the bottom hitboxes
Thanks.
On another note, since I've always played P:M and I'm very new to melee, I'd love to know how to do all this move reversal stuff. I've heard a lot about Marth's reversed up B and Falcons, but I still have no idea what it is or how to do it.

THT Shadow

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3179-6547-1126
could you hit marth out of his counter? small parts of his hurtbox seem to stuck out of the blue bubble

i support this project btw, i learned a lot about my mains by looking at their hitboxes
The Hitbox of the move to hit that tiny hurtbox in the counter must be amazing but i dont think unless someone gets a Frame perfect Firefox i dont see somebody hitting that tiny hurtbox

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
@ Mister the Wizard Mister the Wizard , a helpful tidbit about the Dair, the bottom hitbox (the tipper and spike) out prioritizes the other hitboxes, meaning as long as you hit that, even if all the others hitboxes connect, it will always be a tipper. I think its the only Marth move that does that

Mister the Wizard

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7432-3401
@ Mister the Wizard Mister the Wizard , a helpful tidbit about the Dair, the bottom hitbox (the tipper and spike) out prioritizes the other hitboxes, meaning as long as you hit that, even if all the others hitboxes connect, it will always be a tipper. I think its the only Marth move that does that
Thanks a lot! Ken combos are still relatively difficult for me, but now I can at least get the D-air when I want to, e.g. when someone is trying to recover. This entire thread has been really helpful.

harMoNiC

Smash Rookie
Anyone have a getup attack gif? I'm pretty sure if you space it right you can just stand on top of marth and his get up attack won't hit you
Here you are:

Jigglypuff (not sure if any others?) can crouch on top of Marth and not get hit. Seems like a good rest setup.

Edit:

I did some rough testing. Some other top-tiers can crouch it, too. I only tested it with S/A tiers, but...

Marth can duck his back get-up at his feet (but not his head). Additionally, both Sheik and Puff can duck both of his get-up attacks at his feet only.

Last edited:

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Hey guys. I'd like to thank you for putting work into this great resource. I'm in the midst of a Liquipedia project, so this helps me out immensely.

Top Bottom