• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Frame Data-In progress

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Well, I was thinking of making a complete frame guide on all of his moves. Here's what I have right now:

Jab:
1st Jab Total: 31 fms when linked with 2nd Jab
1st Jab hit on Frame 12
1st Jab Shield hit lag: 7
1st Jab Opponent Shield Stun: 9
Frames between last hit lag Frame of First jab and the First hit frame of second Jab: 23
2nd Jab Total: 29 fms when linked with 3rd Jab
2nd Jab first hit on Frame 10
2nd Jab Shield hit lag: 6
2nd Jab Opponent Shield Stun: 7
Frames between last hit lag frame of second Jab and the first hit frame of second Jab: 19
3rd Jab Total (ending as soon as possible): 76
3rd Jab first hit on Frame 6
3rd Jab Shield hit Lag: 5
3rd Jab Opponent Shield Stun: 6
The whole Jab is 136 frames long.

Forward Tilt:
Total: 48
First hit on Frame 12
Shield hit Lag: 7
Opponent Shield Lag: 9
Cool Down Frames: 19-48

Down Tilt:
Total: 41
First hit on Frame 7
Shield hit Lag: 8
Opponent Shield Lag: 10
Cool Down Frames: 15-41

Up Tilt:
Total: 59
First hit on Frame 7
Invincibility Frames 12-15
Shield hit Lag: 9
Opponent Shield Lag: 12
Cool Down Frames: 15-59

I saw Buuman had some frame info, but it's not complete. I could have it finished by the end of the week/before, but only if you guys really want it. I second him but if it's just for me, I don't think it'll be worth the work. I'm gonna test some stuff I want to know for myself anyways.

Open for discussion really. If enough people want it, I'll find in me to take to time to do them all.

RATED

Smash Lord
it's u! "Dfat2" ! thanks a lot. I dont know how to do those test but if u need help just ask me. btw see ya next tournament! XD

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
it's u! "Dfat2" ! thanks a lot. I dont know how to do those test but if u need help just ask me. btw see ya next tournament! XD
You need a capture Card to get the accurate Frame Data. And If I get a ride, I'd be glad to go but, since I have no batmobile, I'll have to wait and see :<

I want it.

Frame data woooh.
If you could get the rest of the data that'd be awesome.
Well, that's 3 people that want it. If at least 2-3 more people reply by tomorrow, I'll get going with the rest of it.

It's really tedious stuff so, the more time, the better the result. I'll have it finished by the Week hopefully, and I'll try to update at least 4 attacks per day. But to be honest, the hardest one to count was his Jab so the rest is kinda downhill.

('X' characters Frame Data makes everyone that mains him Happy. It's like Christmas :O)

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
I wanna see the frame data for grab and bair.
I...guess this counts as one. Two more people.

Btw, I'm gonna do it in order so, I'm probably going to give you the Bair first, but the Grab is going to be one of the last stuff. Sowwy :<

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Do other characters have their frame rate data done?
Because in truth, this is only useful if we can compare speed.
For instance, I would want to know Dededee's bair vs Kirby's bair.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
Do other characters have their frame rate data done?
Because in truth, this is only useful if we can compare speed.
For instance, I would want to know Dededee's bair vs Kirby's bair.

Both Bairs hit on frame 6. Kirby's has an open hit box from frame 6-through 20. Obviously DDD's lasts less.
How long exactly, I can't say Right now but I'll check it later.

To answer your first question, Timmy has taken the liberty of putting up Kirby's frame Data. The peach boards have their Frame Data. The Wario Boards have their Frame Data. Those are some off the top of my head. But, TBH, it's more than that. By having every attacks frame data in front of you, you can see which attack is faster, which attack is better in 'X' situation and shizz like that. You don't necessarily need to know your opponents frame Data to put yours to good use.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
You need a capture Card to get the accurate Frame Data.
I used a homebrew code that allowed me to freeze the game and move frame by frame, to get all of the frame data for olimar. It takes a lot less time (took me less than a day) so I'd highly recommend it. :D

dawall250

Smash Journeyman
i would love to see the frame data for ddd! knowing that alone can help out, though it would help to know the frame data from other characters too for specific match ups

Gates

Banned via Warnings
lol wow 12 frame jab, sooo slow
You're lucky I don't love you so much or else I'd be pissed.

No, seriously, I love you chok. If I ever see you irl I'll give you lots and lots of blowjobs. Seriously.

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
I used a homebrew code that allowed me to freeze the game and move frame by frame, to get all of the frame data for olimar. It takes a lot less time (took me less than a day) so I'd highly recommend it. :D

Meh, I really don't think it's that much better. The reason that I'm going to take so long is because I have school and Shizz. I'll get in like 1-2 hours daily. I don't know how long it took you but, when I have it finished, you could add up the hours and see which method is better. Slowing down the game or using a $70 capture card.

All I have to do is record the attack being used on an opponents shield and that's it. All I have to do is count, subtract and profit :)

It's tedious, yes, but not impossible. The most Work I have to do is search for some batteries for the Wii remote. :urg:

But, aside from all that, I'll give you the Frames by the end of the Week, hopefully.

Buuman

Smash Ace
DFat, if you would like for me to add all of this in my thread once you're done, I'd be happy to. The more knowledge the better.

~I'll make sure to let everyone know who did the testing

DFat2

Smash Journeyman
DFat, if you would like for me to add all of this in my thread once you're done, I'd be happy to. The more knowledge the better.

~I'll make sure to let everyone know who did the testing
I was going to update when I had everything done, so it wouldn't be that much hastle. I'm halfway done btw.

But yeah, you could add the info on the guide. Thanks for asking dude. :D

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Frame data is always a good thing to have for a character when you want to take him to the next level. I'd be willing to help in anyway possible.

I actually have debug mode on my wii so i could do part of the moveset and compare it to your data so as to make sure it's right before posting it.

PM me if you're interested.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Yes, we could use it to create "Frame traps", moves that are guaranteed to connect, or assure us a safe follow up to a move. It will also help you in making the right move decisions when trying to beat out another move.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Yes, we could use it to create "Frame traps", moves that are guaranteed to connect, or assure us a safe follow up to a move. It will also help you in making the right move decisions when trying to beat out another move.
Oh okay that makes more sense...it seems like it would take a lot of studying =(.

B!squick

Smash Master
Please finish this! I'm compiling a big huge chart of the attack speeds of all characters to compare and (so far) DeDeDe is the only one without a complete list.

Well, mostly complete. Other ones are missing random data. For example, the one for Falcon is missing Dash Attack and DTilt. :dizzy:

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Lets all spam this thread till Dfat2 comes back and finishes the data!!!

go go go go go go

B!squick

Smash Master
*Looks at his data so far and lols at Bowser being faster than Captain Falcon*

But yeah, seriously, get to work OP or anyone else who wants to take up the reins.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Sup dawg, we heard yo like spam so we put spam in yo spam so you can eat while you post.

Top Bottom