• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Compilation of New Techniques/Discoveries (Updated 3.17.08)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
And what people have been calling it is ********. If you don't like that term either, I don't see why you would want to be a part of the problem, especially right after an alternative has been provided - Dash Attack Canceled Upsmash, or DACU for short.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Um wow it's not really a big deal what I call it. I was going to post when I find things in this game, but you're not making me want to do that by responding with stupid ****. People just found some of these techniques and you're criticizing me for what I call it when it doesn't even have a real name yet? Come on now...

Damax

Smash Lord
I'm starting to think, since it was found with 0 suit samus that she can DACU it might work with everyone, but maybe some have to do it very late in the dash attack animation and others might have to do it very soon (Making the dash attack useless as in a dash attack canceled grab) I'm gonna investigate on the matter tonight.

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
I don't think anyone has mentioned this:

As an alternative to the standard DeDeDe chain throw, I tried doing it into/against a wall on a whim today in Onett.

I saw great success.

It's even easier to do than the standard DeDeDe chain grab, and my friend couldn't escape it at all.

I figure if we're going to put Fox's corner shine semi-infinite (That's what it is at this point, right?), DeDeDe's may as well go in the list as well.

Thoughts?

Oh, and as a PS:

How do you do the Kirby infinite jump hammer glitch? I can do Bowser's no problem, but cannot get Kirby's working.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
DDDs infinite chain grab has been mentioned. Its in a thread called Buzz is sleeping on the couch tonight. Sugarpoultry mentioned her husband did it to her on the snake stage.

Taalcon

Smash Journeyman
Have you guys tried canceling the dash attack with any other attack? I might be going out on a limb, but maybe different characters dash attack cancel with different attacks.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
So why are you glad that there's no wavedashing? Your additional comment doesn't support no waving.
It removes another reason the nubs have to complain, I'm guessing.

link_blade_nub17 said:
hey i got a cool like trick i learnd with link if n e one cares to listen.
How about instead of spouting random junk that no one actually cares about, you post whatever you've discovered so we can either a) discuss the new tech or b) tell you you're wrong?

Irow

Smash Ace
On the contrary, Red Exodus...

"If there were wavedashing, I would've won."

So many more johning possibilities. Why do we call it johning anyways?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Maybe some guy named john complained and made excuses a lot. All I know is that no one can say I'm a cheater when they get beat this time around, they're going to have to go back to controller johns.

Atire

Smash Apprentice
swett thats amazing prabably not even 1/4 of the techs within the next year

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
I'm pretty sure the focus of that was the "needing its own name" part. It's essentially just the new edgehogging, done ever so slightly differently in that you no longer wavedash or jump backwards off the ledge, but instead you walk off.

daw_guy

Smash Rookie
Great list. This would be great if it was stickied. Makes me want brawl even more. !

Shadow5YA

Smash Cadet
I have a question. Are you allowed to attack immediately after an airdodge, or is this like Melee in that aspect?

S623

Smash Apprentice
It is stickied.

EDIT: I don't think so, but I'm not sure. If you can, then that made recovery easier.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
No, now it's going to be tripping johns.

"I would have won if I didn't trip. This game is hella dumb."
Well... what happens if someone really and obviously WOULD have won if they hadn't tripped?
Exactly. Randomness is not a good thing in the finals of Pound 4, or whatever a big Brawl tournament will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom