• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Come post your opinions on the the best 2vs2 team

Phear

Smash Rookie
I like the Ike and Meta Knight combo -meta knight racks damage up on whoever is lower %
-Ike trys and K.O's whoever is higher %

At low %'s have meta knight rack up damage and Ike evade this
strategy has worked for me and my friend pretty well

Any other suggestions?

OldManTellah

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't say it's the best, but my doubles partner and I use Kirby and Sheik and it works pretty well. We both rack up damage and then I, Kirby, kill.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Dual DDDs. If timed right, you can chaingrab the other team back and forth (I mean BOTH of the opposing team players) into dsmash. They also rarely get in each others way.

chckn

Smash Ace
Dual DDDs. If timed right, you can chaingrab the other team back and forth (I mean BOTH of the opposing team players) into dsmash. They also rarely get in each others way.
vids or it didnt happen

Crystanium

Smash Hero
My brother and I played a Wi-Fi match not long ago. It was against Earthbound360 and his brother, I think. I was Pit in the first match, and my brother was Ness. We took out EB360's teammate, and when we took down EB360's stock, leaving him only with one, my brother used the PSI Magnet, and I used Palutena's Arrows to reduce his damage. We won three matches out of three.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
G&W and any energy user is the best really. I prefer ZSS as she can downsmash fast enough to fill up that bucket with no trouble. Lucario works too so long as y ou put some ForwardB in there instead of Aura Sphere

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
My brother and I played a Wi-Fi match not long ago. It was against Earthbound360 and his brother, I think. I was Pit in the first match, and my brother was Ness. We took out EB360's teammate, and when we took down EB360's stock, leaving him only with one, my brother used the PSI Magnet, and I used Palutena's Arrows to reduce his damage. We won three matches out of three.
Bragging about killing someone's little bro is not cool man! :mad:
lol j/k

Well, Ness and Lucas obviously make great team partners for the same reason as G&W. Healing, saving recoveries with PKT2, etc. PKT2 in a croweded match is pretty effective. Lucario and G&W are good since Lucario can feed G&W a fully charged aura sphere and 2 weak ones at a high percent fro a powerful oil spill.

Oh, and to the guy who said something about 2 Dededes chaingrabbing infinitley, that's not a very good reaosn. Almost ANYONE can do that, just not with the throw. Id rather not reveal how though since it's my true team partner's secret... but I did it on Rel_12 and he knows now -_-

AlAxe

Smash Journeyman
I think wolf and gw would be a good team. Pretty much anyone with energy put with gw is good though.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Sonic and anyone with a powerful uair. Characters that come to mind right off the bat: Marth, Wario, Ness, Lucario. Spring to an airdodged Sonic uair followed by a powerful uair that was better off being dodged in the first place is just too epic.

But the Sonic has to be able to hold his own, though. Otherwise, it's a waste.

However, Marth and Marth is a crazy *** team. Your defense is finished.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I think wolf and gw would be a good team. Pretty much anyone with energy put with gw is good though.
I tested out G&W's Bucket today. I shot three uncharged Charge Shots with Samus, and the knock-back from G&W's Bucket wasn't strong. It also did 25%. However, when I used three, fully charged Charge Shots, it was 60% damage, and the knock-back was incredible. I don't think you can DI that. ZSS' d-smash also increased G&W's Bucket up to 60% damage and incredible knock-back. I tried ZSS' Paralyzer, but the attack wasn't as strong. So, it varies.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'd say ZSS is one of the better energy projectile users for working with G&W. Dsmash is relatively fast, compared to other projectiles that make good knockback with the bucket, and it can stun people who get too close.

Adapt

Smash Lord
The reason I suggested GaW with ZSS above other energy users is that the stun can make for a guaranteed hit from the bucket. OIL PANIC!

Even better is when you fill the bucket and stun a character at the exact same time. Instant bucket death

EDIT: and as ph00tbag mentioned, d-smash is fast and has defensive properties :)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Ness and Ness.

PKT2 mindgames kill opponents VERY early.
Can heal each other when given an opportunity.
The Godspike.
PK Fire combos.
Bthrow makes sure no opponents stay alive too long.
They're both Ness. Ness is a great damage racker and KO'er at the same time.

Lucas & Ness isn't as good as a team. You get extra power, yes, but Lucas loses a lot of his abilities when he has to worry about a partner. :\

Also, he doesn't have the godspike/PKT2 for superfast kills.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Ness and Ness.

PKT2 mindgames kill opponents VERY early.
Can heal each other when given an opportunity.
The Godspike.
PK Fire combos.
Bthrow makes sure no opponents stay alive too long.
They're both Ness. Ness is a great damage racker and KO'er at the same time.

Lucas & Ness isn't as good as a team. You get extra power, yes, but Lucas loses a lot of his abilities when he has to worry about a partner. :\

Also, he doesn't have the godspike/PKT2 for superfast kills.
Except, until further notice, they both can get chain grabbed easily once the PK Fire combos and the Godspike gets annoying.

But once the method to using the jumping grab break is figured out, then Ness will show out.

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Toon link is just a good teammate in general, having good range weapons and direct fighting, combined with snake who also has good range and direct fighting. Make the a great team together.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The reason I suggested GaW with ZSS above other energy users is that the stun can make for a guaranteed hit from the bucket. OIL PANIC!

Even better is when you fill the bucket and stun a character at the exact same time. Instant bucket death

EDIT: and as ph00tbag mentioned, d-smash is fast and has defensive properties :)
The match was awesome. I was thinking at first, "ZSS will use her Paralyzer to fill up G&W's Bucket." Then I saw ZSS using d-smash, and I said to myself, "I never knew you could do that!" I showed my brother today. :p

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Ness and G&W work.....goooood...... (lol giygas)

Ness and people with projectuiles work good for recovery(Hmmm..Ness and Lucas could be cool!)

G&W and a lot of people who can give him free buckets.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
falco and kirby...information is disclosed about this subject until further notice.

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
umm mk and gaw
mk grabs and does up throw and gaw times it so that the "imaginary grab box" goes up and an instant ko

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I do awesome when I play with my Ike maining friend. Peach & Ike ^^

Top Bottom