• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo Breaker original thread. go to the results thread (link in here)

Niko_K

Smash Master
All I can say is at this tournament your going to see some good brawl matches which should at least make you reconsider how brawl will be played in future tournaments. I've had matches with a ton of players and none of my matches come anywhere close to what you've described David. You guys can keep playing melee and no one should try and force you out of your game preference. Approaching is way different in brawl. There ARE great ways to approach with almost every character and not be punished by a projectile camper.

>.<

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
^ I'm not too sure about that. Not to mention there are other ways of camping than with projectiles. You can just spam a fast aerial then pull back. It's gonna keep happening until someone comes up with a counter-strategy.

Anyway, can this be saved for somewhere else? In fact, I'm going to make another thread just for this stuff right now.

D

Deleted member

Enter doubles. There's only one way to find out.

David that video was priceless. omg.

i wonder when that snake will realize he can crawl under.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Hahaha, I KNEW changing my sig was a good idea.
Honestly, I don't know how I didn't make the connection sooner; I've been following the project so closely. When I see you, I shall buy you lunch or something :laugh:. XD

alphameric

Smash Ace
...then you get 4 stocked by David's Kirby
wow you really have no idea what you are talking about.
i think you pick words out of a hat and arrange them so that they resemble facts.

anywho, david, that is a terrible match and in no way proves that camping > *.
i might even go so far as to say i can guarantee that camping is the same as it was in melee, which is not very effective. The only character that should pose as ANY remote difficulty to get by the camp factor would be olimar since every other characters projectiles can either be absorbed or caught. And even then, you can kill the pikmin with an autocancelling move (ie: gaw nair) with no punishment :ohwell:

D.B

Smash Ace
wow you really have no idea what you are talking about.
i think you pick words out of a hat and arrange them so that they resemble facts.

anywho, david, that is a terrible match and in no way proves that camping > *.
i might even go so far as to say i can guarantee that camping is the same as it was in melee, which is not very effective. The only character that should pose as ANY remote difficulty to get by the camp factor would be olimar since every other characters projectiles can either be absorbed or caught. And even then, you can kill the pikmin with an autocancelling move (ie: gaw nair) with no punishment :ohwell:
You obviously don't know what you're talking about

Grmo

Smash Champion
^ He's obviously also an idiot for posting this here and not in the Brawl-Melee war thread that was so conveniently just a few tens of pixels away.

This goes out to everybody: I'm serious. This ****'s gotta go. If it's gonna happen, it's gonna be in that other thread. Ok?

rx-007

Smash Apprentice
if you really wanted to stop the bs, you should've avoided calling him an idiot. so his views on camping are a bit out there....that post could've been easily ignored.

anyway back to the tournament, i think we should discuss how we're going to effectively fit 4 events in 12 hours

Grmo

Smash Champion
lol thank you. Anyway yeah, back on topic.

I think what we can do is sort of run Brawl doubles sort of on the side since it's pretty obviously going to be smaller. In fact, unless we get about 8 times as many teams we we have now, it's not gonna happen. If that's the case we'll start with Melee doubles and just reserve some setups for Brawl friendlies, since a) not everyone will really want to play Melee and b) doubles won't be that big. That should really only take about 2 hours max. We could have it done by 2-3, depending on when we start (and when everyone gets there, more on that later). After that we could do Brawl pools and try to really speed it up. What I'd like to do is get everyone to sign up right away (like during the first half hour/friendly time), which would mean during the time that doubles is sort of running on its own, me and the rest of staff could create the Brawl pools, and that can start IMMEDIATELY after doubles, unlike at starfurry where it wasn't until like an hour later. Brawl pools could take a couple hours, and then we can create brackets based on the results. Considering that there's always one pool that finishes last, we could have brackets up within 5 minutes of pools finishing. Brackets themselves, as long as everyone plays on their assigned stations and they report the match results on time, and granted that everyone's on time for their matches, we could have Brawl singles done in 4 hours. By that time it'll be around 7:30-8:00, and we can start Melee brackets immediately. There really won't be time for anything else. That'll take maybe an hour and a half to 2 hours, so we'd be done everything by 10:30 latest, which leaves an hour and a half for pure friendlies, grudge/money matches, etc.

I tried to leave a reasonable amount of time for each event. Honestly doubles probably won't take two hours unless we have Brawl in there as well, but we'll see. Thoughts?

PS. I really appreciate all the help I'm getting with this. Seriously...I'd be in the mud if it wasn't for everyone lol.

MDK00

Smash Ace
sign me up for brawl singles.
im interested in brawl doubles as well but it seems my original partner most likely wont make it, so i'll be hunting for a new partner for this.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
And so does DSF, who was apparently a top player in the ladder until he was suspended because people thought he was hacking (he was tied for 1st with another hyper-campy player; MikeHAZE I think). Actually I haven't heard of too many successful offensive players. If you can direct me to them, I would probably be more willing to change my mind on the matter.
).
did i just get called a camper lol, im pretty sure i play marth.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Wow, lol what are the chances of Socal player finding someone talking about him in the Canadian boards. That's insane. Maybe I can try this too.

MEW2KING SMELLS LIKE POO

CORT AND PC DO TOO OMG

:]

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Wow, lol what are the chances of Socal player finding someone talking about him in the Canadian boards. That's insane. Maybe I can try this too.

MEW2KING SMELLS LIKE POO

CORT AND PC DO TOO OMG

:]
I search for my name EVERYDAY ON SWF!

in other news who do I bum a ride from.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
The man who wears the TTC uniform who drives the TTC bus who asks you for an adult ticket, which later leads to the subway, which then leads to a NEW GUY who is dressed in the Mississauga transit uniform who drives the Mississauga transit bus who asks you for 2.75 which leads you to the tournament.

Or you can ask Ambrose LOL.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
The man who wears the TTC uniform who drives the TTC bus who asks you for an adult ticket, which later leads to the subway, which then leads to a NEW GUY who is dressed in the Mississauga transit uniform who drives the Mississauga transit bus who asks you for 2.75 which leads you to the tournament.

Or you can ask Ambrose LOL.
Sounds like a ****ing plan.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
you played me in melee? lol i didn't camp unless you were puff/peach/maybe marth sometimes
i was sheik on dreamland, then battlefield (or fod? don't remember) and then fox on floats iirc.

although i may be mistaking you for someone else >_>

we played in pools.

edit: also i might be getting a ride with mikey via parent if mikey decides to come to this, but that's a big "if" right now so yeah.

unknown522

Some guy
grmo, I honestly think you should do 2 days for this (I doubt you can do 2 but putting it up there), especially if brawl pools are going to be included. It is going to take way more than 4 hours to do brawl singles pools + bracket.

D

Deleted member

I searched my name on SWF and I came across a thread for MikeHaze's combo vid where they all proceed to trash talk me.. lol

thanks bernard - i owe you one haha

Top Bottom