• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo Breaker original thread. go to the results thread (link in here)

rx-007

Smash Apprentice
ehhhh no n64 at this event? oh well

oh btw everybody if my brother is not confident about melee he's probably not going to play so we'll just have to wait and see

MDK00

Smash Ace
i'll be entering brawl dbls with my partner (yay) Tyrant
team naitomea (purnounced nightmare)

MDK00

Smash Ace
kuchi o tojite kudasai.

ANYWAY BACK ON TOPIC

RAE

WE WILL TEACH YOU MELEE

YOU WILL ENTER HERE

AND ****

K?
lol no more rivalry sets? i waited a nice 30mins jus to learn :dizzy:
i'll learn but u mite have to minus the **** part lol everyone has too much experience, but if i can get to a level to feel confident to compete w/ u guys and NOT get 4 stocked i will be more then happy. mission complete!

im already a bit jus watchin u guys play, talkin to Lone wolf & i.b, read a few threads, and watched a couple vids but i havent picked up a controller to try anything yet lol. but yeah i wanna learn dat sheik.

MDK00

Smash Ace
Guys, we should try and set up something for in-match commentary. Wouldn't that be amazing?
i wanna be announcer!!! EHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! oh **** son, too hype!!!!

i've been workin on tryin to get that on my laptop but the only thing so far that i can think of is change the audio source from in-game to background audio. which means the sounds from the game are lost and only background will be recorded along with video. i wanna get both audios but that seems a bit tricky. but even jus gettin it to record BG audio is a trick all in itself. i'll play around with some programs and see what i can do tho.

do u think losing in-game sound is worth commentary? cuz then u'll be watchin a match with no sound effects and pure **** talking (assumin im on the mic lol)

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I had a feeling that it'd be liek that, but with our old MLG vids we've had commentary done.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=843AovFJg-I&feature=related

LOL Rae, watch this match. The commentary is funny, and I know this resembles the type of commentary you'd probably do.

I can't remember if the match had the sound effects from the match, I think it had it so that 80% of the sound was commentary and 20% of the sound was the game. That is in terms of how loud it is.

I'd watch it, but I'm at a place where I can't play it out loud.

MDK for Brawl Commentary
Me for Melee Commentary lolol

If we can get this **** rolling, we should get two other commentary people for each game. I like Ryan, Imadh, Mike or David for Melee and I like Nate and possibly someone like Chester for Brawl if he comes or wants to do commentary LOL.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
im already a bit jus watchin u guys play, talkin to Lone wolf & i.b, read a few threads, and watched a couple vids but i havent picked up a controller to try anything yet lol. but yeah i wanna learn dat sheik.
find me at a smashfest.

i can teach sheik in about 30 seconds.

MDK00

Smash Ace
find me at a smashfest.

i can teach sheik in about 30 seconds.
thank you.

@tyrantwolf: thnx for the info ima look over it this weekend.
and i watched that MLG vid u were talking about. okay the way they did that setup is they record the match with in-game sound and have a 3rd party mike recorded and then overlap it with the video and jus turn down the volume of the in-game sound. the only reason i cant do this is its not possible to record video+ingame audio AND background audio. i'd need a 3rd party source like another laptop.

the only thing that is possible with 1 laptop is video+ingame audio OR video+external audio. when i get a chance im gunna test it out with jus external audio and see how it looks. personally i dont like watchin match vids when there are no sfx from the game its jus weird =S

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
well im sure if me and rae team up we could do that, one lappy for recording, and one for commentary. i wouldnt mind but thatd mean less recording being done

I.B

Smash Lord
Mike for commentating. We could assign a group of people as commentators, and we just alternate.

MDK00

Smash Ace
well im sure if me and rae team up we could do that, one lappy for recording, and one for commentary. i wouldnt mind but thatd mean less recording being done
good point. gunna do some testing about this tho

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I'm totally down for doing this with like David and Adnan or something. But we have to do it in a way that the players wouldn't hear us; if I understand correctly the people who did MLG were in a booth watching where the players wouldn't hear. We'd need to be out of earshot at least or something. Unless the players are ok with commentary.
*Is willing to do commentary on my own matches*

humBAM

Smash Journeyman
Haha just follow the commentator. lol Euro im kinda like Evoeast guy just saying some random stuffs.

MDK00

Smash Ace
i'd just like to say dont get to amped up about commentary just incase it doesnt fall thru correctly. i'd hate to disappoint like 50 ppl the day of this event. but i am tryin my best to make things work out.

D

Deleted member

Stranger: sup lol cool house u got

Dracula: ya itz scarree

Stranger: mind if i com in??

Dracula: ya sure a/s/l??

Stranger: 18/f/cali ;) u?

Dracula: 405/m/tranzylvna

Stranger: sick

Dracula: omg cali??

Stranger: ya i no cali!! i <3 teh OC :)

Dracula: so i eat bloods

Stranger: r u sure ur 18???

Dracula: im 405

Stranger: o

Dracula: wana date?

Stranger: i don date older men lol sry ;)

Dracula: ok can i see ur necks?

Stranger: ok

Dracula: thiz is prety gud blood lolz

Stranger: ty ive been makin all my l..

Dracula: u die lol?

Stranger:

Dracula: lol gg

Top Bottom