• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Ohio Smashfest

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Oh, this is pretty great actually.

We have Zeno's (Wedsnesday - good chunk of the group does Marvel, AE and random games), possibly OSU areas for Melee and this maybe both you guys' places as well now. Oh and possibly Tope's place over in Pickerington too.

I have the contact info of a couple of guys around Columbus, though mostly Melee and I was trying to get a chunk of us together regularly. This helps quite a ton.

I'll help out as much as I can. Maybe we should start a new C-Bus thread for it?

:phone:

QUIVO

Smash Master
Yea, Ray from OSI suggested that. I figured I would just make a new thread when everything gets confirmed and I hear everyone out.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Seems like we can get a good attendance of both so far (but I'm assuming certain people are going to attend).

I know not everyone likes melee or brawl or mvc3, but please respect the other players. I want the community to grow together and for everyone to attend/hold tournaments with both games.

I also want newer players to feel welcome to attend. Just because you're not as experienced or as good as some of the players in the area doesn't mean you can't play or can't get better.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I would hope he also means down, lol. Well you know I'm more than up for seeing the Columbus area prosper in any game actually.

I posted my number in the Melee thread and I know a good chunk of the brawl guys have it but I'll post again: 614-558-1936. My aim (rarely used) is EnginoJuushichi and my skype is Juushichi as well.

MegamanX14

Smash Apprentice
Mon-Thurs should work for me (preferably not Thurs, but it should be fine). Would rather commit a weekday night to this than a weekend, as I am usually busy/out of town on the weekends.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Probably how it did for me while I was down at OU: Meet people that play, talk to them and call them up.

For real though, I would imagine that we'll have something tangible set up by the time you guys are in Columbus.

JamesBJames

Smash Apprentice
I'm a junior living on-campus at OSU this year. If there's anyone close by who wants to play, I'll probably come to you, but my dorm in Morrill's always open too.

I only really met up with the OSI guys late into spring quarter, so I couldn't satiate my Melee cravings as much as I wanted to. :)

QUIVO

Smash Master
Abu, just get our numbers or show up for a smashfest. People in either the melee or brawl community are generally nice.

You'll meet people, probably exchange numbers, and play outside of these smashfests. The best thing about this community is that relationships do not have to be strictly smash. There have been times where some of us go out for dinner, get drinks, or whatever. I know the OSI guys are planning trips to Kings Island, Cincinnati Aquarium, and Cedar point. They seem like a solid bunch of guys and it's all for a good cause. I'll forever endorse them.

JamesBjames, I'll be borderline campus. E 16th and 4th to be exact. If that's not too far of a trek for you, you're more than welcome to get your melee fix in at my place.

JamesBJames

Smash Apprentice
Sure. I haven't checked any maps yet, but that's probably only a mile and a half away from Morrill. Not bad. OSU obviously doesn't start autumn classes for another five weeks, but when I'm back on campus, I'm down for all the Melee stuff. Keep me informed if you're organizing smashfests or just want to hang out for 1v1 matches.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, im down to play brawl, mk [360], ssf4 [360], been outta the scene for a while but happy to get back into it. random days work for me, i can call off any day each week so just tell me whats good and ill plan accordingly

SDM

Smash Cadet
I'm at currently living at 4th and Iuka right now, so anything anyone have sounds good.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Thanks to Tope and Mystic's group for coming out and playing yesterday. I know my place is a little small, but I thought it was fun anyway. Not sure how many of these I can feasibly host here, but I'll try to start more small fests around here if people want them.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I dont think one will be until School starts.

But Zeno's is every Weds... there are plenty of TVs there so you just need to bring people plus games.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Sorry, I haven't had a computer. I've been without a home for the last two weeks and might not be able to move until Friday.

I'll have a date once I can compile some sort of list for days that are good for you guys.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
About the same situation for me as well. I'm moving in tomorrow. Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to commit to a consistent day for another two weeks (work schedule is so random), but please post what days are good for you guys.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
you're a baus Quivo. And yeah I meant to come out to zenos tonight, but there's this thing every weds called wacky Wednesdays at laser kraze, i went and owned a bunch of middle school kids in laser tags and got a free t-shirt. This T-shirt tells the world that I am a "Laser Master"

Clearly you can understand why I missed this one?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Sounds pretty awesome overall.

It's cool though. I got in a ton of matches of Arcana, some in SF and Frozenflame and I played Brawl - for like hours. It was a blast.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Been out of the scene for a while and don't really follow this thread too often, but I should be able to show up from time to time in the coming quarter given things don't get too crazy. I think Tuesdays and Thursdays are my long days by the looks of things.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Wait, have you guys been going to Zeno's on Wednesdays?

Dude, I did that a bunch a couple months back, and there was NO Smash there. Luckily I really like SSFIV and Guilty Gear as well, but still.

If you guys are showing up there on a regular basis, count me in. I'll even bring a cube and a copy of Melee if we need one.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yeah, WGS. For the last couple of weeks, it's been mostly me+Baro. But frozenflame's shown up in the past couple of weeks and Tope has been showing up recently as well to play Melee.

I would advise bringing your own setup (Melee+GC/Wii) if you have it, since there are TV's already there. Ideally, it'd be cool to have more than one tv for smash, but keister or I usually snag at least one.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
More people need to show up at zenos to smash with me juu and tope. Its always a good time. If more people start showing ill def start bringing an extra TV and setup!

Gonna be there around 930ish tonight and juu is always there before me so peeps should show up yo!

Top Bottom