• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Ohio Smashfest

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably be showing up at Zeno's more often again starting next week. Also, tell me what days are good for you guys for smashfests. I can do pretty much any day but Sunday at the moment, I just need to know what days the most people will be able to show up.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
It was Frozenflame and me this week, but it looks like we'll have WGS and Abu will be around with some Tope and Quivo appearances here and there for Melee. Good stuff.

Just a general timetable; I usually show up around like 6-ish, Fro gets here around 9:30 and Tope just kinda shows up. Bar closes at like 2, but I usually try to head out towards home around like 12 if I can help it. Also, I have a Wii, GC controller (my own) and a Melee disk along with my usual Brawl/Brawl- setup, but I lost my memory card at the last SiiS so if people show up earlier than Fro does, you'll need to bring your own.

There are multiple TV's already at the venue so you don't really have to worry about those but know that we share the space with SF (various), Tekken, MK and MvC players as well so TV's kinda come on a first-come-first serve basis. Try not to be a ****, yada yada yada. The players there are really chill overall so you shouldn't have to worry about any bull**** from there. Though if you really want to bring a spare TV, then feel free to.

One last FYI, you'll likely see a bucket being passed around throughout the night or sitting on a table. That's kind of a "venue fee" that people pay to use the space. It's nothing outrageous, but if you can spare a dollar or so it helps the area set up some things of their own (like Columbus has a ranbats starting here next weekend). So again, if you can spare a dollar to "the cause" while you're playing it would be greatly appreciated.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I'll probably get there 7ish if not closer to 8. I'll be packin' a GC and Melee. If no one's playing Melee with me, I'll join the SSFIVers.

Also, I'm really only free Wednesday nights and weekends. Occasionally Monday nights, but that's usually an every-other kinda thing.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
I *think* I should be able to make it on Wednesday to play melee. We'll see how first day of classes goes :urg:. I'm sure you guys don't really know who I am but my name is Dane and I love to play smash (enough said?). If I do come, I'm sure I can bring a setup assuming I can borrow a car from my gf or someone. I've found a few smashers on campus so if we can get us and everyone on here down for some regular smashfests that'd be tight

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry I didn't come out this week, lost my ****ty job with its 9-5 hours and got another ****ty job with 2-10 hours. So maybe I'll come by late night next week.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Ouch. That sucks dude. Hopefully the 2-10 isn't too ****ty, though.

Dane, that'd be great if you could bring along friends for Melee.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
I can't really do ranbats, Sunday is probably the only day I'm going to be working through fall quarter.

Okay, I've had one response about smashfest availability saying weekends and Wednesdays (Wednesdays for zenos of course). How do later afternoon or early evening (really any time from around 3 until 8 or 9) Saturday gamefests sound to people?

I have 3 tvs, a wii, a gc, a 360, a ps3, and a dreamcast. Most of the consoles other than the wii don't have many fighting games, you would have to bring them. Both the wii and dreamcast are soft modded, request any game and I'll get a hold of it.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I... could do it, but I would be sparsely showing up if it was on Sunday. Especially since I alternate weekends between Smash and Arcana.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Juu, did you graduate from OU? Or you just have so many credits now. Also, I may make an appearance to smashfests here if they're over 80 minute drives.

:phone:

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Awesome. Just saw your address on the other page, FlyingFrenchman, and you're on the same street as one of my friends, so I roughly know where you are. I'd be down for some Saturday night Melee, and I might try to bring some people too.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I would ask TheKeist tbqh, though some of the people near tOSU's campus wouldn't be bad either.

@Abu: A good of bit of us in Columbus (that are active) work and travel on weekends so single days are usually the best for us. For me, I'm likely only going to play Melee on some weekends (when I'm not out of town or doing things for other games) and Wednesdays at Zeno's barring other circumstances.

But since you are on OSU's campus, you honestly shouldn't have any problem. From what I understood of OSI (the club that is at OSU) is that there are tons and tons of players that will hit them up. Contact EricHimself if you can and get more info about OSI. That should help give you your melee fix.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Suyon, I'm currently out of school right now.

I played for a couple of hours with Abu yesterday and it was pretty fun finding random classrooms to chill out in and play Melee. It was like I was back at OU again. I'll see you guys at Zeno's tonight.

corkus711

Smash Rookie
Dear smashers,

Just transferred to OSU and am looking for some melee heads to practice with. I'm a mediocre player if that makes a difference of wasting your time, or if it will be valuable practice. Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Master WGS

Smash Lord
It's not really an us thing, it's a Zeno's thing. They do this for a bunch of fighting games, not just Smash. We really don't have a say on what day it is.

Someone with a house/apartment in Columbus or something with room should totally set it up for a pure weekly Smashfest on a different day, though. That'd be awesome.

Particularly a MELEE smashfest, but I'll settle for a mixed one.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Thought I posted yesterday...

Finally got a home + internet. Going to look at my schedule and see what days best for everyone.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Friday evenings would be sweet. Oh and everybody come to the Ohio Smash Initiative OSU Club meeting tomorrow from 3:00 PM - 3:30 PM or 5:00 PM - 5:30 PM in the Ohio Union Senate Chamber (second floor of the Union).

Top Bottom