• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
But yeah, I'll be up for some MM action. I'll be at wasabi all weekend, since somehow I'm working there and doing workshops. Whee. Just look for the whitey in the awesome hat, and you'll find me.
I like how every time you mention Wasabi, it has to come with some form of "I'll be there all weekend/somehow signed up for workshops/sarcastic joy"

:laugh: I need to sign you up for more stuff, you're good advertisement!

Mymefar sure wants to do 'em money matches D:! I guess I could spare a few bucks on a money match. :o

A Push-Up money match! Hoo hoo hoo!

But for my thoughts between Saturday/Sunday: Saturday will probably be more populated with the general crowd, more funsies and 4-Player rumbles, and overall, more things to do con-wise, if you are buying the whole con pass. And if C3T is running the casual tournament, the rules won't be tournament-perfect, but I'm sure they won't be bad, either. Just more geared for fun, and sloshing through tons of peoples.

Sunday will be more super serious. Tournaments and all that, but will still be fun within the group. Probably quite a bit less people, since "real" tournaments for Brawl and few other games will be running, people will be going home, and etc. Though the tournament will "count," unless you think you'll be placing 3rd or better, it won't count much for you in the long run.

Honestly, I think Saturday would be my choice for you. A casual tournament might be a really good way to sort of learn how to tone down any nervousness. Also, an ego boost! :D Plus, you'll get to play a variety of people, even if most of them aren't too competitive or good. You can learn how to read certain people and tactics better. For me, crowds are always fun, but that's just me. And especially if you're doing other parts of the con, Saturday would be the day to go.

Just my opinion. If you wanna get super serious about tournaments overall, then come Sunday. We can probably get better one on one practice then.

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
Yang, so I have to babysit my friends little brother til like 5:30-6 if you want to game after that?

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
well, mikezor said we can goto his house if you want. maybe we could make it a smarshfest!?!?!
my schedules really weird cus of the people I live with and lookin for a job and stuff.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
well, mikezor said we can goto his house if you want. maybe we could make it a smarshfest!?!?!
my schedules really weird cus of the people I live with and lookin for a job and stuff.
or we could all meet at that kmgamers house tommorow. Btw whats your address kmgamer?

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
Mymefar, I'll at least go a few rounds with you Friday, if that's the only day you can go. I need a way to test which character I'm feeling good with this weekend anyway. =D

If there's not too much rabble around the Smash Bros. Wii, I'd say try to get it to 1v1 at some point.

Also, I heard some of you were at Game On this past weekend for their..."tournament." (items FFA FTL) Who ended up showing up, just out of curiosity? I was there, but refused to play just because it was itemfailtastic.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Mymefar, I'll at least go a few rounds with you Friday, if that's the only day you can go. I need a way to test which character I'm feeling good with this weekend anyway. =D

If there's not too much rabble around the Smash Bros. Wii, I'd say try to get it to 1v1 at some point.

Also, I heard some of you were at Game On this past weekend for their..."tournament." (items FFA FTL) Who ended up showing up, just out of curiosity? I was there, but refused to play just because it was itemfailtastic.
hey i'm bored, u wanna play me on wifi?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Wasabi will be fun. ^^

Saturday will probably be more populated with the general crowd, more funsies and 4-Player rumbles, and overall, more things to do con-wise, if you are buying the whole con pass.
How much do we need to get inside...? Just the tournament entry fee/venue fee, or do we need to buy passes to literally get inside? :urg:

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
Wasabi will be fun. ^^

How much do we need to get inside...? Just the tournament entry fee/venue fee, or do we need to buy passes to literally get inside? :urg:
well its at a hotel so i'm assuming the passes will be to access certain places, so i don't think u will need to buy a day pass if ur just going there for the game room. But u need to pay at least 10$ for like the gameroom stuff

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie

I have nothing to add to this.
Now you have shown me the best pie graph AND best line graph ever.

I like complaining, so sue me.

Also jamaal, Thumb War MM, best of 3? $1?
Consider yourself sued.

You're on, Tim. Your monies will be mine!

And if all else fails, MM you on DDR or something.

Copied from NVGA boards

Registration Rules:

ANIME BADGE BUYERS: ($35 Badge Fee)

-If you buy an ANIME BADGE you can enter all the casual tournaments without any additional cost

-Have full access to the game room all weekend long and allowed to enter the Rock Band - Battle of the Bands and the DDR event

-If you want to enter the ranbat tournaments you simple pay $5 for each tournament you want to enter

-No matter if you play in the casual tournament or the casual tournament YOU WILL EARN POINTS FOR THEIR RANKING FOR CUTTHROAT.

-You have access to the entire Anime Wasabi event

GAME BADGE BUYERS: ($10 Badge Fee)

-If you buy a GAME BADGE you have full access to the game room for the entire weekend

-You must pay for each tournament that you want to enter

-You can enter the Rock Band - Battle of the Bands and DDR event

-All participants in the ranbat tournaments will be seeded and will earn points towards there ranking

-If you want to attend the entire anime experience and want to participate in the casual tournaments YOU MUST BUY AN ANIME BADGE

-You will only have access to the game room

EvoZ

Smash Cadet
both days launch!!!!! show up and own or something. But, to be honest, probably saturday. Saturday is just a more appealing day for something like this to most people, so naturally i'm sure more will show up based on that fact alone!

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
If it's like Nan Desu, then the casual tourney will give gift certificates or the like. I'm not sure, someone like Tony should contact DFG and find out.

PeachyPit

Smash Apprentice
So like i wanna play brawl with you guys again. And learn to be an even BETTER CAMPER. XD

I miss you guys! <3

I want to play Tim in tournament and get ***** hardcore. MUST GET BETTER!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
The Saturday tournament will be as legit as I can make it. Since it's casual, I'm thinking teams would be the best idea. Might end up being best of 1 until top 8 teams or something, I dunno. Depends on how big the entrants are.

Sunday is for teh monies, and will definitely be run by me. Bring ur gamefaces, guize. D:<

Srsly, though, I'll try to make this as notfailworthy as possible. Show up for at least Saturday, if you're new. Sunday is better for the srsly players.

M

myemfar

Haha, thanks for the offer, but I'll be out of town from tomorrow until sunday skiing 8-D
Well, you best be around... sometime then, saturday better not be the only time i ever get to play you!

why was ferdi the only one to notice el cancel besides me... seriously, best joke since yeah right... yeah right.
Oh, I saw it. and i Lol'ed. but, at the time, i was too busy laughing at the picture that then became my avatar to notice too much :-p.

um....so if we can only make it one day this weekend, would it be better to be there on saturday or sunday??
personally, now that i know I'm going to be there friday and sunday, but not saturday, I'd say come sunday :-p. but then again, that has a lot to do with me wanting to meet people up here in NoCo to play smash with, haha.

Mymefar sure wants to do 'em money matches D:! I guess I could spare a few bucks on a money match. :o

Just my opinion. If you wanna get super serious about tournaments overall, then come Sunday. We can probably get better one on one practice then.
edited for explanation :-p. I want to do MM's to get more serious practice. That being said, I also want to crush everyone with THE ALMIGHTY POWER OF MY WALLET!

not really. but I'll plan on a match with ya :D

I'll be there friday and sunday, so I'll see you then :D

I'm going both days.
Grood... and hopefully you and Owndizzl3r arent too far away in your lovelandness, I live around CSU, would be cool if we could meet up for matches up here sometime

The Saturday tournament will be as legit as I can make it. Since it's casual, I'm thinking teams would be the best idea. Might end up being best of 1 until top 8 teams or something, I dunno. Depends on how big the entrants are.

Sunday is for teh monies, and will definitely be run by me. Bring ur gamefaces, guize. D:<

Srsly, though, I'll try to make this as notfailworthy as possible. Show up for at least Saturday, if you're new. Sunday is better for the srsly players.
I'm not a srsly player, but i want to be. much though i wish i could be there all three days, I had to pick a day to visit my dad, since I havent seen him in a few months now, so I chose saturday, but I'm still looking forward to matches fri and sun!

So like i wanna play brawl with you guys again. And learn to be an even BETTER CAMPER. XD

I miss you guys! <3

I want to play Tim in tournament and get ***** hardcore. MUST GET BETTER!
If you ever find yourself out here again, I'll be more than happy to money match your pit with my peach/pokemon trainer again! haha, gg's :-p. you helped pay for my losses against steve afterwards.

And you gave me a new righteous hatred for pit. Srsly, i have a pit voodoo doll in my room now :-p.

Ryyudo

Smash Rookie
I say you set up a few idea/options and sort of get opinions as people come in for it.

Teams, Items, Free-for-all top 2 Advance, best of 1 til whatever, etc. See what people are leaning and urging for.

I WOULD like to see teams + items with the items ruleset (wherever that thing is,) best 2 out of 3 if it's not too hefty of people/people can get enough partners... which I'm sure shouldn't be a problem if we can announce it wide on Friday/Early Saturday, and maybe set up a system for people who don't have team mates to write their names down on a list and we can get them paired up.

But I think that would wring the most fun out of the tournament, get the most people playing, and the least amount of complaints from the peanut gallery (i.e. "OMG IF SAKURAI SAYS ITEMS ARE FOR MEN, THEN WE HAVE TO PLAY IT WITH ITEMS. THAT'S HOW A 'TRUE' PRO PLAYS!") :laugh:

I think at the core of it though, the item ruleset (Singles or Doubles) should be in place for the casual tourny, considering the audience.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
if items are on, we'll be setting up the item standard play ruleset, so there won't be bob-ombs and hammers everywhere.

Also, there should be 3 brawl setups, so for free play we'll probably be able to have at least one for 1v1 no items

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
6.59d is out, most likely fix on the armlet with no degen exploit. Switch needing 100% votes is now really good. So there's a tourney on Friday/Saturday/AND Sunday? wtf

kmgamer

Smash Apprentice
For anyone coming to the melee smashfest at my house tomorrow:

Time: 12pm-whenever
Address: 4861 S Pagosa Way, Aurora, CO 80015

My phone number is 7209717109 if anyone needs help finding my place or for anything in general.

I'm slightly broke at the time so if anyone wants to bring money for pizza or just snacks it would be appreciated.

Let me know if you need anything. Lookin forward to seein everyone tomorrow

Edit: oh and byoc tomorrow cuz i don't have many controllers.

Top Bottom