• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I chose Doom rocks because I need some form of cover while rushing in. With deadpool, I can go behind them and, if they toss out something, cancel into trigger happy/hyper. With X-23 you can call doom at in point in your pressure, and either grab before the rocks launch, command grab right before they launch, cross up before they launch, cross up after, go for a low, the command jump, or a billion other things. I choose it for the blockstun, and because plasma beam knocks down and can’t really be used for quick mix-ups/combos because of this. I’ll have to test when I get home, though, because if it’s an untechable kd, then I’ll give it another go.

I have the same problem with missles. They don’t really contribute to combos or pressure for me. Maybe I just haven’t tried working with them hard enough, though.

If I went with an AA, it would probably be Tron, both because I love her, and because she burns meter really well/builds meter/has my favourite AA assist in the game. I might toss Dorm into the team though, simply because Dark Hole suits X-23 and Doom’s neutral games well, and his AA is a good option vs teams that are gonna just ignore my zoning with doom outright.
I’ll also try Deadpool with Hidden Missles. That sounds incredibly aggravating to get through. Thanks, Ferdi!

Oh, and considering Ammy for cold star assist. That would **** with x-23, and I've seen what anchor ammy can do for a team. Phoenix might make a showing, too, but you have to be on point with that shiz. :(

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
I..... need..... brawl.... or LoL........ seeing..... light.... at.... the.... end.... of..... the..... tunnel....

DeliciousDave

Smash Cadet
Jesus Christ man...if you that desperate and if your real, go to animeland wasabi on like march 12 weekend on saturday...brawl will be there, and me and jorge will be there

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think I got really lucky in choosing a character outright that suits my playstyle in every fighting game I play.

Ryu can't get in without really good assists or luck. But if you get hit.... easily 800k-1mil

edit: also, coolest project M video I've seen yet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8acjSwzshrQ&feature=feedu
Ryu isnt supposed to approach, his dash sucks for a reason, your supposed to sit back and throw out fireballs and then use his hyper if you suspect the opponent to do something stupid like pull out an assist at a bad time.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Makes me laugh when my friend hypers with Ryu, and Ryu is shooting 12 o' clock into nothing and I'm like, Oh Hai Thar.

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
Jesus Christ man...if you that desperate and if your real, go to animeland wasabi on like march 12 weekend on saturday...brawl will be there, and me and jorge will be there
What dave fails to realize is that brawl singles start at 10pm on sat. But hey there is always free for all w/ items on at noon that day :glare:. Like wtf Greg!? Also prizes are not listed which means the first and second prizes will be like a hat and a t-shirt. This tourny is NOT worth going to for anyone...

Shameus we need a smashfest in fort collins if there are really this many brawlers up here.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
What dave fails to realize is that brawl singles start at 10pm on sat. But hey there is always free for all w/ items on at noon that day :glare:. Like wtf Greg!? Also prizes are not listed which means the first and second prizes will be like a hat and a t-shirt. This tourny is NOT worth going to for anyone...

Shameus we need a smashfest in fort collins if there are really this many brawlers up here.
Yet im still going to this thing. xD

My dad got the day off to drive me too it as surprise so I couldn't really say no...

Is it that bad? I mean, I sorta laughed at the free for all thing (and considered entering for ****s and giggles) as long as they give a split of the pot money i'll be happy. I heard the majority of people that enter are mashers anyways so heres hoping its EZ money.

Oh on a sidenote I got yoshi PJs~! :D There pretty cute~! <3

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
There won't be pot money if its not posted online. Greg is way too cheap. And it might not be an easy win, the last tourny a week ago everyone actually knew how to play (all 7 of us, lol the boycott is working). But i'm sure some people will be there for the convention and play brawl for fun and be horrible.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
also, why is the playstation pad so good? when i was playing mvc3 at mikezor's i felt i would be way better with a pad cause i would never ever miss a dragon punch motion in no lag.

Steam

Smash Hero
also, why is the playstation pad so good? when i was playing mvc3 at mikezor's i felt i would be way better with a pad cause i would never ever miss a dragon punch motion in no lag.
problem is the Dpad wears out really fast, if that's what you're using.

like in a few months quarter circles are impossible.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
There won't be pot money if its not posted online. Greg is way too cheap. And it might not be an easy win, the last tourny a week ago everyone actually knew how to play (all 7 of us, lol the boycott is working). But i'm sure some people will be there for the convention and play brawl for fun and be horrible.
Its supposably 60/30/10 % for 1st 2nd and 3rd, but it doesn't seem like much people will be going sadly. =p Uhg, yea and I probably shouldn't be underestimating these people. Espicially since my wiis been busted for like a week so im maaajorly outta practice. .___.

Oh btw whos greg? Sorry im asking alot. xD

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
Its supposably 60/30/10 % for 1st 2nd and 3rd, but it doesn't seem like much people will be going sadly. =p Uhg, yea and I probably shouldn't be underestimating these people. Espicially since my wiis been busted for like a week so im maaajorly outta practice. .___.

I'm months out of practice and I can still pwn nubs :D

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
This is the first time I havn't played the game for a long time soooo im probably gonna get my butt whoooooped. If anything I lost all tec skill I had. .___.

Yo you coming too wasabi too gogg? It'd be sweet if ya helped me work off the rust before the tourney starts. :D

Shameus

Smash Apprentice

Yeah no kidding, but that small (i mean itty ****ing bitty) tourney we threw took hours cause we only had one station and i do not know enough people with decent tvs and brawl to get a good set up, let alone be able to get an event center for ya'll

P.S. i will keep you all updated but at CSU we are trying to throw a game night around campus, and i put in the word for the Smash series. The 31 would be the date (sorry its not on a weekend) and i am trying to get melee and Brawl

If you can bring a set up let me know and please bring your own controller if interested

P.P.S sorry but there will be no prizes, unless we come up with something clever because it is being thrown by one of the campus government groups.

P.P.P.S. PM me so i can get a head count thanks

P.P.P.P.S. just noticed what you said above so yeah we will have to one going that will have some form of reward, i wish i could for this upcoming but its campus and i personally am not organizing it so we cannot

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
Ryu isnt supposed to approach, his dash sucks for a reason, your supposed to sit back and throw out fireballs and then use his hyper if you suspect the opponent to do something stupid like pull out an assist at a bad time.
He can still wavedash into a low and has a reasonable jump-in though... but yeah not a pressure character. That's what spidey is for.

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet

Where did you hear a 60/30/10 split? I'm not seeing anything about prizes on the webpage. Greg is the person in charge of colorado cutthroat.

Yeah no kidding, but that small (i mean itty ****ing bitty) tourney we threw took hours cause we only had one station and i do not know enough people with decent tvs and brawl to get a good set up, let alone be able to get an event center for ya'll

P.S. i will keep you all updated but at CSU we are trying to throw a game night around campus, and i put in the word for the Smash series. The 31 would be the date (sorry its not on a weekend) and i am trying to get melee and Brawl

If you can bring a set up let me know and please bring your own controller if interested

P.P.S sorry but there will be no prizes, unless we come up with something clever because it is being thrown by one of the campus government groups.

P.P.P.S. PM me so i can get a head count thanks

P.P.P.P.S. just noticed what you said above so yeah we will have to one going that will have some form of reward, i wish i could for this upcoming but its campus and i personally am not organizing it so we cannot
No reward is probably better. After our last tournament we all pretty much decided we need more smashfests and less tournies. At tournies ppl rage/john/feel horrible about how they played when money is on the line. I can bring a wii for sure, and probably a tv by then. I still need to replace the one I broke right outside of dan's house :mad:.

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
Where did you hear a 60/30/10 split? I'm not seeing anything about prizes on the webpage. Greg is the person in charge of colorado cutthroat.

No reward is probably better. After our last tournament we all pretty much decided we need more smashfests and less tournies. At tournies ppl rage/john/feel horrible about how they played when money is on the line. I can bring a wii for sure, and probably a tv by then. I still need to replace the one I broke right outside of dan's house :mad:.
legit and i will keep you updated because i want to make sure that smash goes off with a bang, but do not expected anything too exciting from any of the players i do not know a lot of peps on SWFs here in FOCO

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
He can still wavedash into a low and has a reasonable jump-in though... but yeah not a pressure character. That's what spidey is for.
ryu's wavedash sucks though because he's one of the few character that can't cancel it until later in the animation. :(

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
But guys, I found a she hulk reset that's inescapable by 15 characters! Hooray!

But then the she hulk boards didn't care. So screw them.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
IS JILL OUT YET

I want my 3rd damn character.

Pinkie Pie should be a DLC character imo.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
But guys, I found a she hulk reset that's inescapable by 15 characters! Hooray!

But then the she hulk boards didn't care. So screw them.
I've been ***** by every she-hulk with mad resets.
By every she hulk I mean 2. :3

Good **** tim. What are the characters btw? Hoping its none of mine. .__.

@Sunny: I don't hate you
PM's yo! PM''s! D:

IS JILL OUT YET

I want my 3rd damn character.

Pinkie Pie should be a DLC character imo.
The only jill vid I can find had a masher playing. :< I hope she turns out interesting. From what i've seen thus far though she looks generic.

Half the ponies names on that show make me hungry. :V

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'm hoping Jill is legit.

legit and i will keep you updated because i want to make sure that smash goes off with a bang, but do not expected anything too exciting from any of the players i do not know a lot of peps on SWFs here in FOCO
Lemme know when. If Melee or Marvel are there, I can swing by and either mash heads (melee) or get stomped (Marvel, baybee).

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice

If this gets off the ground, let me know. I'll personally haul my whole room (and people know that's quite a lot of stuff!) to the event to help out.

I'll be able to make it later that day though because classes don't end till 16:20 for me. But seeing as how it's a Game Night, it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, specifics?

I can bring a wii for sure, and probably a tv by then. I still need to replace the one I broke right outside of dan's house :mad:.
:joyful:

Still wondering how you managed to pull that off.

Shameus

Smash Apprentice
If this gets off the ground, let me know. I'll personally haul my whole room (and people know that's quite a lot of stuff!) to the event to help out.

I'll be able to make it later that day though because classes don't end till 16:20 for me. But seeing as how it's a Game Night, it shouldn't be a problem.

Also, specifics?

:joyful:

Still wondering how you managed to pull that off.
well so far we do not know a whole lot because it is difficult to get all of campus to perform an organized event and this week and next will most likely be the planning.

what kind of specifics, i laid quite a bit out so asking specific questions will help.

Edit1- yes it is a game night and will most likely START at 7pm you are more than welcome to show up before as it will make bracket creation much easier as well as setting up multiple stations. Also i will try to be enforcing SWF rules

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
well so far we do not know a whole lot because it is difficult to get all of campus to perform an organized event and this week and next will most likely be the planning.

what kind of specifics, i laid quite a bit out so asking specific questions will help.
Apologies about not being specific (I find this ironic O.o)

But do you know the time frame?

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
This is the first time I havn't played the game for a long time soooo im probably gonna get my butt whoooooped. If anything I lost all tec skill I had. .___.

Yo you coming too wasabi too gogg? It'd be sweet if ya helped me work off the rust before the tourney starts. :D
Btw my name is Go QQ More. Where is it located at? I'd be down to go.

Top Bottom