• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
I might **** around with her some later. If I do, I'll see what I can/can't do, and give you general tips.

Yaaaaaaaang, I'm running X-23 (ankle slice), Doom (Molecular). Who should I have as a 3rd? I prolly want someone who can burn meter pretty well, with a projectile assist that can help Doom get in. Not considering Sent, though. I was thinking Dorm, but I dunno, he's really weird to zone with, and I'd prolly have huge problems when people get in. Tron is nice for Gustaff's GTFO, but she doesn't really burn meter all too well. :(

Will also take suggestions from whoever.
u might wanna save doom for last....that way u have his assist to cover for someone else since with his mobility u don't really need a projectile assist to help him get in. But u could also try putting phoenix as ur 3rd if u think u can build 5 meters.

Steam

Smash Hero
I'm also questioning whether to keep felicia on point because she's kinda bad without meter.

If I do that I'd probably put dante on point because his assist isn't nearly as helpful as Ammy's and I don't want to risk losing ammy right away because she's so fragile... IDK :I

MK.II

Smash Rookie
I might **** around with her some later. If I do, I'll see what I can/can't do, and give you general tips.

Yaaaaaaaang, I'm running X-23 (ankle slice), Doom (Molecular). Who should I have as a 3rd? I prolly want someone who can burn meter pretty well, with a projectile assist that can help Doom get in. Not considering Sent, though. I was thinking Dorm, but I dunno, he's really weird to zone with, and I'd prolly have huge problems when people get in. Tron is nice for Gustaff's GTFO, but she doesn't really burn meter all too well. :(

I say go with Zero. :D

His projectile assist is pretty good, especially if you switch him out as ghost Zero. Also, pretty good by himself if you have meter (even more so with X-Factor). I think he can create unblockables by himself, and has really good game for mixing up approaches/pressure.

But, I think I just like him a lot.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Someone's really nosey.

Taskmaster? That arcshot assist?

Was thinking about it since if you want to approach them, you already can because of Doom's dash. Can pretty much tell them to sit down if they try to jump over you.
Forgot about taskmaster, and since Doom's biggest weak point is right above his head, that might actually work. Hmm... Thanks for the advice, I might try it out.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion

His projectile assist is pretty good, especially if you switch him out as ghost Zero. Also, pretty good by himself if you have meter (even more so with X-Factor). I think he can create unblockables by himself, and has really good game for mixing up approaches.

Sry. I hate Zero. Dunno why, since I like the character, watching him, and he has the badass Bass skin, but playing him just feels gross.

Plus, I have my rushdown slot already covered by x-23. I thought about H-ko for her unblockables/assist/reflector, but ultimately, she's a no go.

Actually... maybe if I do hko with the gong assist...

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium

His projectile assist is pretty good, especially if you switch him out as ghost Zero. Also, pretty good by himself if you have meter (even more so with X-Factor). I think he can create unblockables by himself, and has really good game for mixing up approaches/pressure.

Oooh sweet a zero player~! Alright I gotta ask~!

how do you get outta that doods blockstrings? Often i'll find a zero that can just completely lock me down in the corner, and grabs don't seem to work unless you have someone with huuuuge grab range. My team kinda lacks reversal moves. .___.

Help a dood out. <3
Sry. I hate Zero. Dunno why, since I like the character, watching him, and he has the badass Bass skin, but playing him just feels gross.

Plus, I have my rushdown slot already covered by x-23. I thought about H-ko for her unblockables/assist/reflector, but ultimately, she's a no go.

Actually... maybe if I do hko with the gong assist...
I dislike zero because of the Tatsunoko vs capcom days. Man, everyone used that dood.

If you can use Hisein more power to ya. She seems hard to play for me. Ya probably around know about her hyper armor assists gimmick right? It like forces you too block when your in the corner. ._.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
How is X-23 anyways?

My friend only plays her because it's a cute 16-year-old jailbait piece-of-*** imo; the kind of person who plays just because he doesn't shower and wants a girlfriend.

And so far, I'm not impressed with her. Then again it's a total noob playing...

I tried her out, and wow her dash is fast. But it seems like her damage output is.. minimal. I do like her long *** screen grab though...

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
MvC also thinks all woman should have less health so that doesn't really help her either. My friend plays her. he ain't really good, but hes always joking about how 1 combo can take her down. I don't think its that bad but from face value the only thing I know about her is shes quick.

Sorry man. :<

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896

Ammy.

Period.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I know. It was a really good game that I feel had its run. I will always wish we had a more active scene with more players during its prime. Pretty sure we're done with competitions at least. We had a good year or two where we really cared about it and I'm happy with the time I spent playing it.

That being said, the style of smash games is just so much more appealing to me than other fighters and I really hope a new one comes out soon. I played against a CPU for a few minutes today and thought the entire time, "I don't give a **** about being juggled. I just want a little more hitstun." So yeah, new smash please.

Steam

Smash Hero
I'm dropping all of my felicia combos in training mode...

I always mess up 3B > 236A/B/C and I don't know how...

even on the input display at the bottom I'm doing it right... :/

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
@Sunny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMoolg1E0V4

Watch the whole ****ing thing.
That was the saddest most depressing thing i've ever seen in my life and now im depressed..
and the worst part is I don't know what to be depressed about. ._______.

They showed that to people to teach them about safety, yet I now feel suicidal and wish to quit my job as a construction worker...if I had one.

Im gonna go sit in the emo corner now.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
I know. It was a really good game that I feel had its run. I will always wish we had a more active scene with more players during its prime. Pretty sure we're done with competitions at least. We had a good year or two where we really cared about it and I'm happy with the time I spent playing it.

That being said, the style of smash games is just so much more appealing to me than other fighters and I really hope a new one comes out soon. I played against a CPU for a few minutes today and thought the entire time, "I don't give a **** about being juggled. I just want a little more hitstun." So yeah, new smash please.
heh Im glad that Texas still plays the game, there is a monthly tournament that goes on at amarillo texas if anyone ever wants to go. My friend is visiting denver this week, but it looks like he wont get to play anyone :(

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
Ill play against your friend if anyone has a Wii and brawl in the Denver area they can come to my house too btw :)

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
To be honest, if somebody is coming from Denver, posts here and doesn't seem creepy, I'll do my best to meet up and play him.

And isn't goqqmore. But he's not even real.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
So I cut my hair.

Calm the **** down, it's still shoulder length.
Yay!

u might wanna save doom for last....that way u have his assist to cover for someone else since with his mobility u don't really need a projectile assist to help him get in. But u could also try putting phoenix as ur 3rd if u think u can build 5 meters.
I feel like Doom has trouble closing distance, but I might just not understand his neutral game. Advice? I'm uncomfortable with him as an anchor because I don't feel like I need meter with him as much, but then again, doing a combo into his level 3 with 5 meters and then comboing someone again gives me another level 3, so without xfactor that's a net of 2 million potential damage off anything, with two characters guaranteed dead if I have an x factor. Hmm...

How is X-23 anyways?

My friend only plays her because it's a cute 16-year-old jailbait piece-of-*** imo; the kind of person who plays just because he doesn't shower and wants a girlfriend.

And so far, I'm not impressed with her. Then again it's a total noob playing...

I tried her out, and wow her dash is fast. But it seems like her damage output is.. minimal. I do like her long *** screen grab though...
She's gonna take me a while to wrap my mind around. Her damage is kinda meh, her bnb only does about 550k with 1 bar used (though it just barely generates a bar to use, so it's not like she actually wastes meter). Where she shines is her mobility and her resets. It's not that she does outright ridiculous damage. It's that once she sticks to you, she's staying there, and you have to pay attention or else that crappy 400k meterless combo can quickly turn into 3 or 4 of them. Not to mention that if you fall asleep while blocking, she gets access to a full screen attack that's +30 on block, or a 4/5ths screen low that's +24 on block, or a command grab that reaches into forever.

She's good, but she's gonna take a lot of work.

it is rather sad but for some reason smash has never really been the biggest game in this state
Because CO casual players are terrible about coming back after getting their ***** whooped. Our Melee scene wasn't huge, but it was really really really dedicated. There was a point where we had gatherings almost every single day of the week. Rafa, Jeris, and Ferdi brought a lot of new ideas to the table, and Kenny pushed everyone to keep playing when we started to burn out. Him moving pretty much ended CO smash.

We even played the hell out of Brawl for the first 4 months of JP release. Turns out it was terrible, but we tried to make it work for about a year. Then, most the "new school" started becoming dedicated, and they took over.

But Brawl just isn't the kind of game that ignites a fire in most people, so it died. :(

Moblin

Smash Apprentice
So I cut my hair.

Calm the **** down, it's still shoulder length.
Here is a mathematical statement for you.

x = the amount of hair you have.

Y = your chance of getting a job.

Y is negatively correlated to X.

In other words, Y increases as X decreases

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
couple of suggestions here tony, doom rocks, although good, i honestly think is not that great an assist. a lot of other projectiles outright beat it and i think hidden missiles is just a better assist in general although its a lot slower to start up and is built more around a campy team.

i dont like him as an anchor either because doom lacks mobility, even with lv3 xfactor, what you can do instead is start doom on point and just qcb+l/qcf+l and runaway while building meter, i honestly think x23 is fast enough to burn meter, her only real disadvantage is her health.

now if you start doom you have some options for a 3rd, you can choose either another beam assist to chip with like mags/ironman or you can choose an anti air to stop them from ever getting close running something like dante's jam session/dormammu purification.

like pretty much any team, you can stick in a sentinel drones/phoenix/akuma spin kick at the end and it'd be a pretty good team not to mention they're some of the best characters with lv3 xfactor.

if you're still set on having doom for his molecular shield go ahead and run another rushdown character with teleports, namely, wesker/dante. playing yang yesterday basically shows how powerful teleport characters are. basically you call doom, then teleport immediately, then the rocks cover their overheads.

if you want to go the campy route having chris on point with hidden missiles is a really really strong team. probably even someone like deadpool/taskmaster.

seriously im giving you like every option for every character here, the only characters that i feel are just not that good, is thor, because a)i dont think he has any super armor normals b)for his weight class and mobility he doesnt really have anything to offer that sent/haggar/hulk cant do better. second is viewtiful joe, even though i play him his range is horrid and his airdashes are not fast making him even more useless.

btw, hulk/haggar/sent is honestly a great troll team if you're not facing anyone named magneto and dr.doom.

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Here is a mathematical statement for you.

x = the amount of hair you have.

Y = your chance of getting a job.

Y is negatively correlated to X.

In other words, Y increases as X decreases

Unfortunately it's true :S.

The only reason why I have an awesome job is because of connections, so the company was like, "Oh let's check this guy out!", and I was like, ":D".

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
I get pinned down by Yang really fast, especially with Wolverine.

Found out that Capt is good for getting in, at the right distance. From full screen, I completely forgot I could Charging Star into Hyper Charging Star. Maybe I could have survived for a bit longer if I remembered to cancel into hyper..

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
To be honest, if somebody is coming from Denver, posts here and doesn't seem creepy, I'll do my best to meet up and play him.

And isn't goqqmore. But he's not even real.
I'm 100% real, and let me tell you the online me = me irl, for srs. I have tried countless times to get people in Denver to play but no one will. I am a dedicated brawler, I'm not as ***/troll irl like I am online. I will say it again, any brawlers in Denver area I'm calling you out.

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
heh Im glad that Texas still plays the game, there is a monthly tournament that goes on at amarillo texas if anyone ever wants to go. My friend is visiting denver this week, but it looks like he wont get to play anyone :(
Did your friend bring his Wii with him?

CloudChaser071

Smash Apprentice
Top Bottom