• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i didn't think the level of activity this thread had before could be described as "active"

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I get spell vamp anyways I sit in the lane with 67 ad 20 AP 680 HP 31 armor and 36 magic resist at lvl 1 I do the damage of a Pantheon with the tankyness of a shen I have HP regent and spell vamp. Save up for giants belt then finish rylais/boots then go for gunblade then bloodthirstier and the game is pretty much over at that point my build is burst/sustained damage and has 70% spellvamp and 45% lifesteal at the end I can survive teamfights and kill tanks ;) I can't make it to Co springs I went to donate blood for money and waited there for an hour then the lady is like. Oh were full today yo have to come back tomorrow. There went my money to go.
I find rushing Rylai's to be ineffective mid/early game. That's when she shines, so I like to do as much damage as humanly possible. If I want a slow, I grab red buff.

I went tankali for a while, but I found I can do 2v1s and solo fine with only 500 or so HP, so I stopped doing it in favor of absolute **** damage.

I can survive teamfights with lower hp, but then again, I enter midway through and do cleanup.

I can't make it steam I got jewed out of my gas money. Anyone on here smoke pot besides me?
Colorado's the mile high state for a reason, guy.

Holy **** Ghost Trick was really good. Maybe even the best. ****.
****ING FINALLY! PM me on FB or here so we can discuss it and how awesome the ending really was. I really want a Sissel avvy, but it's near impossible to find.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I didn't see you there tarm :/ I would have recognized you. Everett didn't go. BYU stuff. I did the best out of my small friend group. 5-3. I could have made day 2, but i got 2 hours of sleep and no food. nearly passing out the last 3 rounds. so being out of it, i made a few mistakes which cost me the 2 rounds.

then I found out I marked my reg sheet wrong, so i dropped and didn't do the 9th round.

I was suppose to do the worst out of my group of friends considering i'm the worst at limited, but I had a very consistent pool and a solid deck.

Everyone is saying that i should have made day 2, just being sick made me lose focus.

some of the utah players made day 2, just none in my group of close friends. haha.

How did your group do?
Shockingly well lol. 2 of the 4 people in my car made day 2, I missed out on breakers, and so did another of my friends, and then 2 more people from abq day 2ed, and one of us even won the lcq lol. I can't really complain either, my pool was worth a **** ton, since I got a Stithiryx, a Mox Opal, and a Tezz lol.

6-3 is kinda the worst though. Knowing that the reason you didn't day 2 is that your opponents scrubbed after you beat them is sad.

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
I disagree rushing rylais gives her mid game tankyness and you don't need to do a **** ton of damage right away to **** carries as akali everyone has their own preferences but I did a 5 game k/d/a ratio with akali and out of 5 matches in a row I went 112 kills 14 deaths and 15 assists. If anyone lives semi close to the golden area if all goes to planned ill get my money today then I'm getting an eighth of medical, anyways would anyone wanna brawl or play LoL and if you do blaze ill smoke you out :D I'm lonely and don't have any friends and yeah I miss brawl and league and I don't have a Wii or internet at my house :( but yeah we can get really high and own some nubs.

Bees!

Smash Ace
****ting rainbow colored gerbils gay? or peter puffer gay?

HA! I found a way to mention fellatio without getting censored.
Take THAT society!

r3d d09

Smash Master
Shockingly well lol. 2 of the 4 people in my car made day 2, I missed out on breakers, and so did another of my friends, and then 2 more people from abq day 2ed, and one of us even won the lcq lol. I can't really complain either, my pool was worth a **** ton, since I got a Stithiryx, a Mox Opal, and a Tezz lol.

6-3 is kinda the worst though. Knowing that the reason you didn't day 2 is that your opponents scrubbed after you beat them is sad.
... I just got back into magic at the end of m11. and limited is my bane. I suck so bad at it, so doing as well as i did, I'm very pleased. I bought myself a japanese playset of stoneforges and a gift, then i sold them to a local for an english playset + cash. :3 I trade like no other xD

add me on FB people Travis Pendleton

r3dd09@gmail.com

Underload

Lazy
****ING FINALLY! PM me on FB or here so we can discuss it and how awesome the ending really was. I really want a Sissel avvy, but it's near impossible to find.
Someone plaaaaayed it? Neat!

The ending was cool...

I beat the whole thing in two long sittings only separated by sleep. Were you the same way?

Also, Moblin, it's a DS game made by a the same guys that made the Phoenix Wright games. Imagine Phoenix Wright, but with more cohesive gameplay, better animation, and a more thorough story. Highly recommended. Just ignore any spoilers I / Tony post

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
http://www.suicidenote.info/sitemap.php

I find this to be quite interesting. Nihilists have the best imaginations.

In the most artistic, endearing way possible.

edit: It's a 1905 page suicide note
Holy crap. Wow.

I disagree rushing rylais gives her mid game tankyness and you don't need to do a **** ton of damage right away to **** carries as akali everyone has their own preferences but I did a 5 game k/d/a ratio with akali and out of 5 matches in a row I went 112 kills 14 deaths and 15 assists. If anyone lives semi close to the golden area if all goes to planned ill get my money today then I'm getting an eighth of medical, anyways would anyone wanna brawl or play LoL and if you do blaze ill smoke you out :D I'm lonely and don't have any friends and yeah I miss brawl and league and I don't have a Wii or internet at my house :( but yeah we can get really high and own some nubs.
But by buying Doran's, you set back your build pretty considerably. Just try running what I suggested, I'll even give you runes and masteries if you want them soz you have my exact starting build. The biggest problem I have with how you put her together is that there's not enough flexibility early on to branch out into what you may or may not need as the game progresses. Typically, I don't even buy survivability during good games because my damage output is enough to 2v1 most characters pretty effectively from 6-11 (given the right set-ups, of course), and makes most 2v2s a cakewalk. Better yet, if they build early MR, I can just tech into a void staff (doesn't really happen all that often/ever, but the option's still there). If I need tankiness, I grab a banshee/sun/whatever fits best, and go from there.

I dunno, tankali is fun for initiation purposes, and I do like how there's more room for error, but I feel like it detracts from her role in games. Yeah, I'll die a decent amount later in the game, but it's mainly on me as a player, not the build as much. And when I die (at my current elo, of course), it normally means we won the teamfight.

I don't feel like she needs much in the way of survivability because of how good twilight shroud is. If someone buys Oracle, then you've just done your job as Akali, and only need to enter teamfights later. Better still is going after stragglers/pushing lanes on your own. With just Sheen, you can down towers so ridiculously fast that people absolutely cannot let you push lanes.

I dunno, maybe we just play her different, but I did tankali/kennen for a while, but I feel like her true calling is to just disrupt fights, nuke the hell out of everyone on their team as quickly as possible, and to push lanes like nobody's business.

Now Imma hop on LoL cuz I'm all excited. Just give my build a try, and get red buff whenever you need the slow. It's so ridiculous on her. I like blue buff on her, too, but ya can't be too greedy.

Ohay, what summoner spells do you run on her, and do you know about double-proccing mota?

GHOST TRICK SPOILERS!

Someone plaaaaayed it? Neat!

The ending was cool... show.

I beat the whole thing in two long sittings only separated by sleep. Were you the same way?

Also, Moblin, it's a DS game made by a the same guys that made the Phoenix Wright games. Imagine Phoenix Wright, but with more cohesive gameplay, better animation, and a more thorough story. Highly recommended. Just ignore any spoilers I / Tony post
Delete this post now. There are other people playing it, and you'll ruin the game.

More-or-less, I beat it over the course of a week, but it was more like I played it for one day straight, had school, put it aside for 3 days, then beat it on my next day off.

Have you played the entire PW trilogy? I thought GT was >>> PW, but as a series, PW ****s on pretty much any other game (and any game of its genre that isn't GT) so thoroughly that it's not even funny. I figured out what was up like... right right before they revealed it, and it enraged me, but then I really enjoyed it because of how unique the story ended up being. Absolutely incredible, I would make out with whoever wrote that game's story and scenarios.

Pretty much, we should just talk about Ghost Trick in PMs/on Facebook private messages, because 2 people who go here randomly are playing it, and I'm trying to get Tim to play it.

But yeah, edit this post now. Mods or someone, just get rid of the parts I bolded.

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
How do you double proc it o.o I build her hybrid so if they stack Mr then ill still do tons of physical damage. Tank kennen is bomb tho. I don't have internet at my place. If someone lets me take my desktop to their house and lets me play lol or brawl ill smoke them out or buy them McDonald's or w.e lol are there any internet cafe's? I have gas money and pot now. So who's down to chill!

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've kinda just been skipping over Goqqmore's posts. His sentences are structured in a way that makes them unpleasant to read.

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
Congratulations. I'm better then you at smash and irl so I would ignore what a winner said too if I was a nerd raging jealous kid.

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
Id love to see you buttbuddies type perfect sentences using a cell phone tho :) not all of us live with our mommies and have the luxury of free internet.

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
Feel free to talk as much **** as you want I love having people to troll. I don't really care what a couple of bads think of me tho or poser forum trolls.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Whaaa

I love Goqq's posts.

Agreed. Spelt, Zaj: nerd raging jealous kids.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Goqq is such a troll, lolol.

Meno, you're not allowed to say anything until you explain why your feet are sweety, why you forgot you were eating chips, and why the fun size bag is so enormous.

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
<3 meno do you still play brawl? Were you the peach in that video vs rob? Ill admit my sentences aren't the best on here but I honestly am here to play/talk about smash not worry about how my sentence structure/grammar looks like coming from my phone.

Goqqmore

Smash Rookie
Read my name zaj maybe you will figure out why you can't troll me without eating it 10x harder. I dont troll people til they try to troll me tho. I respect smash players especially but something tells me you guys moved onto Barbie princess adventure.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
We all still play, it's just no one's motivated to go anywhere. Or host anything.

I got my car back today, so I can go places again!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
How do you double proc it o.o I build her hybrid so if they stack Mr then ill still do tons of physical damage. Tank kennen is bomb tho. I don't have internet at my place. If someone lets me take my desktop to their house and lets me play lol or brawl ill smoke them out or buy them McDonald's or w.e lol are there any internet cafe's? I have gas money and pot now. So who's down to chill!
uggggggh

I used to go hybrid

Then I realized AP>>>Hybrid. The closest I'll come to hybrid is grabbing a hextech, since it makes her do even more magic damage (cuz of passive), gives her ridiculous lifesteal/spellvamp, and gives her a slow that hits fairly well. If they stack MR, I just grab void staff and call it a day.

We might have a LoLanfest soonish. I'll post here when I have more details. It'll be in Denver.

Get rid of exhaust and toss in either flash or ghost. She absolutely needs an escape mechanic. You can double proc by hitting them with mota, then waiting until it's just about to run out , flashing/ulting at them, hitting them, and tossing another mark on them and hitting again. At level 1, the cd is almost the same as the debuff duration, so when you're near the one second mark, do it. You can burst really ridiculous amounts of damage in almost no time. I mean, it only works against certain players, but if you want a surprise 300 damage at level one, then take flash and learn how to do it.

I prefer ghost on her, though. I toss down shroud near a bush, wait for them to run into it, then ghost away. Too good.

Top Bottom