• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Of course the smashfest is still going to happen lol. Its on saturday and David doesnt want us there until after 12pm. So by then im sure the streets will be plowed.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Due to complications because of the snow, I will most likely not be able to go to the smashfest, I'm not even sure you guys could go to his house due to the snow either. Also, snow might still be falling while we're at David's, that could make it so that we get stuck there for a couple of days. And so unless my parents say I can(not very likely) I will not be going. Sorry to Victor because he's been wanting to play us before Jan. 13th, if you're still up to going I guess you can still play the Boulder guys.

If by some chance there will be no chance of snow on Sunday and the driveways are plowed, I will try to make it to Davids. Sure I might be late but better that than never.

I hate this ****ing snow -.-

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Due to complications because of the snow, I will most likely not be able to go to the smashfest, I'm not even sure you guys could go to his house due to the snow either. Also, snow might still be falling while we're at David's, that could make it so that we get stuck there for a couple of days. And so unless my parents say I can(not very likely) I will not be going. Sorry to Victor because he's been wanting to play us before Jan. 13th, if you're still up to going I guess you can still play the Boulder guys.
Ferdi, do you not know its tomorrow? LOL the streets and everything are going to be fine >.>

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Well, Ferdi, since you are further north then me if you could get to my apartment by 4:30pm that would be great. I will leave work at 3:00pm so I should be home before you get to my house. Here is my address.

WestHills Apartments
383 Van Gordon St. Unit 257-11
Lakewood, CO 80028

Since everyone else is south I will just roll by and pick all of you up. I have to go A-town and Monument so that should not be a problem. Ferdi, it should only take about 20-30 minutes max to get to my place. Victor, I will be the only one driving to and from NM so tell you parents that you are in good hands. :)

the Marronator

Smash Ace
LOL I just woke up!!!

YES the smashfest will still happen. You guys can arrive later if you can't make it early. That is, if the streets clear, which they most likely will. Weather is suppost to be sunny for saturday and sunday with a 0% of snow, so the snow will not be falling while you guys are here.

+
[_]
t(-.-t) <--- The Pope

Doesnt work as well on here but hell, lol it was good on aim!
Wow, I was right! lol
And rofl if taj is on MATF then crew battles would be terrible...(for us).

the Marronator

Smash Ace
what time should ah come David?
you could come any time just not before 11am. Mabe like 12? that would be a good time. 12-1pm would be the best.

And judging I haven't heard from ben, he probably won't be coming. I have no idea if he even got in because snow and airports don't work too well together. Therefore, if someone is coming that has a tv they could bring, could you bring it and a cube? That would be very convenient!

meleemarth

Smash Ace
David, nvm about the tv cuz i cant bring one. Theres too little space in the truck to bring it. So i guess someone else is going to have to bring it. Also, chap, i thought you went ot AZ?

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Awsome smashfest. We're going to have vids that we taped at the end up fairly soon. My shout outs is everyone did great and I saw some improvement.

Imposter Professor Ken

Smash Apprentice
hey DFG yes i have the money and everything i can go and yes it would be best at 4:00 / 4:30 so are you going to pick me and victor up or would i have to go to your house too ?

anyways victor umm yeah i know i said that but im trying to get better and stuff like that i picked smash up err playing again i dont know how you say it but yeah anyways i really want to go to this and i want to get better

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Important!!! Possible Postponement!!

Due to the news of a upcoming snow storm this friday and saturday, the tournament has a definent possiblilty of being postponed to Jan 19th!!! Ill Have the official announcment either wensday night or thursday morning of this week!
When: 1/13/07
Where: 17370 Caribou Dr. E. Monument Co, 80132
Rules: Mlg rules
Entry FEe: $5 for singles $5 for doubles, $2 for food.
The Tournament will obviously begin around 12pm-1pm. Everyone is allowed to stay the night so i suggest that people bring blankets and stuff. Also, i would suggest bring some extra money just incase you randomly get hungary. There is a bunch of restaurants here. Um other then that, make sure you have breakfast before you come and just try too respect house rules.

Whos bringing what:
Bloshi- Tv and Cube
El_LoVo- 2 Tv's and Cube
Chap- Cube
The Marronator-cube
mm- cube

TV's- 8 tv's
Gamecubes- 4 cubes
I still need a computer that can do the brackets for us!

MLG Rules:
1v1
8min time limit
2 out 3
4 stock
no items
stages allowed: Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Pk Stadium.
cheating will result in a game loss and if again, match loss....
Counter pick stages: Basically any stage that is outrageous like icicle mountain, rainbow cruiz, poke floats etc no crappy stages like that....
-All IC Infinites banned

2v2
no time limit
4 stock
best 2 out of 3
The rest of the rules are the same as 1v1

Also- there are many players coming to this, so i had to adjust the date while giving some and losing some people. But i set it for the 13th because durango smash players are gonna make it then. And, there are players from ddrfreak.com coming so theres going to be more people then normal...definitely..... Oh and apparently this tournament has been posted on ccct2k.com and other random gaming forums that ive never herd of. So zomg, this is going to be busy >.>

Also- David i left my cell phone at your house, so im going to need it when you come to my tournament!

Last but not least, Ghetto has been working on the vids but so far, hes only been able to get one out but im sure the rest or more will be coming tomorrow.
MM(doc) vs The Marronator(peach) 1
http://files.filefront.com/MM_doc_vs_David_peachmpg/;6497652;;/fileinfo.html
MM)doc) vs The Marronator(peach) 2
http://files.filefront.com/MM_Doc_vs_David_Peach_2mpg/;6497714;;/fileinfo.html#Scene_2

Chap™

Smash Journeyman

Last but not least, Ghetto has been working on the vids but so far, hes only been able to get one out but im sure the rest or more will be coming tomorrow.
http://files.filefront.com/MM_Doc_vs_David_Peach_2mpg/;6497714;;/fileinfo.html#Scene_2

MM's doc is too good LOLZ
something is wrong with the file try converting it to WMV Vic
ghetto dont put whos playing in text before the match (just read the file name)

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
that sucks that were going to have another storm....were suppose to get like 1 foot again. oh well i'm sure i'll still be able to go

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
Due to the news of a upcoming snow storm this friday and saturday, the tournament has a definent possiblilty of being postponed to Jan 19th!!! Ill Have the official announcment either wensday night or thursday morning of this week!
When: 1/13/07
Where: 17370 Caribou Dr. E. Monument Co, 80132
Rules: Mlg rules
Entry FEe: $5 for singles $5 for doubles, $2 for food.
The Tournament will obviously begin around 12pm-1pm. Everyone is allowed to stay the night so i suggest that people bring blankets and stuff. Also, i would suggest bring some extra money just incase you randomly get hungary. There is a bunch of restaurants here. Um other then that, make sure you have breakfast before you come and just try too respect house rules.

Whos bringing what:
Bloshi- Tv and Cube
El_LoVo- 2 Tv's and Cube
Chap- Cube
The Marronator-cube
mm- cube

TV's- 8 tv's
Gamecubes- 4 cubes
I still need a computer that can do the brackets for us!

MLG Rules:
1v1
8min time limit
2 out 3
4 stock
no items
stages allowed: Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Pk Stadium.
cheating will result in a game loss and if again, match loss....
Counter pick stages: Basically any stage that is outrageous like icicle mountain, rainbow cruiz, poke floats etc no crappy stages like that....
-All IC Infinites banned

2v2
no time limit
4 stock
best 2 out of 3
The rest of the rules are the same as 1v1

Also- there are many players coming to this, so i had to adjust the date while giving some and losing some people. But i set it for the 13th because durango smash players are gonna make it then. And, there are players from ddrfreak.com coming so theres going to be more people then normal...definitely..... Oh and apparently this tournament has been posted on ccct2k.com and other random gaming forums that ive never herd of. So zomg, this is going to be busy >.>

Also- David i left my cell phone at your house, so im going to need it when you come to my tournament!

is durango going mang?

Duha

Smash Journeyman
ya but we have to pass through wolf creek it doesn't snow only 5 inches in a big snowstrorm more like 25 inches. And if you would like to drive in white out conditions over one of colorado's most dangerous mountain passes be my guess but i like to live.

only thing that would keep me and nin9 from coming is if wolf creek is closed. so plan on me and him to be there we are trying to talk ben into coming.

Silencer15

Smash Rookie
Can me and my friend join?

I'm not sure if we'll be able to go, if you need another system and TV I could take my Wii and my HDTV :p

Unless there's a problem with taking a Wii.:confused:

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Cool Imposter, I will just pick you up from Victor's house as well. Ferdi is the only one that will come to my house since he leaves so far north. So let's see if we can leave my house Ferdi arouhd 4:30pm and then we can go get my boy from A-town and then just keep heading south.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. victor, we should be back at night. I'm thinking about 7:00pm if we leave around 2:00pm. There is a lot of casual play on Sunday in the morning and early afternoon so we can get some breakfast and get some MM in before we leave. Hopefully we leave winning a lot of tournaments. Also, since this is a chapter travel event I'm willing to sponsor players entry fee as long as they go by the sponsorship rules highlighted on the chapter site. I will sponsor play entry fees but if you place in the top three 20% of the winnings goes to the chapter. If any of you are interested I'm willing to do that because I feel that this group that is going to some of the best smash players on this side of the United States so let's get that win. Hopefully I can hold uyp my end in SC3 and take it.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
DFG, if my tournament is delayed(wich will be announced by either tomorrow or thursday morning), then can you put on the ccct2k.com website, that it is postponed until Jan 19th??!
Im not completely sure if it will be but im have a feeling that im going to have to postpone it. Anyways i will anounce it soon.

Yes, we do get a lot of snow here, so we live in the palmer divide which is located between colorado springs and denver.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
whats the prize going to be if you win:confused:

me and scilencer might make it if we can can we join?
The prize will be money (that is why there is an entree fee). And of course you can join if you can make it!! We encourage people to come to tournaments because it is a great way to gain experience.

And victor, thanks for posting the vids. I can see loads of things I can improve on.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Erm... DFG, what? Ken's going to NM, not me? I think that's a little messed, seeing as I asked you a day after you announced you were going, and I'm a much higher caliber player than him. I'd also be able to pay for gas, in conjunction to actually being able to help drive there (legally). I'd like to ask you to seriously reconsider.

EDIT: Rafa, Kenny's getting it. I told him I'd help pay for it, and you might, too. ♥

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Tony, my bad. Totally forgot to reply to you. We have room for one more. I've told people that I can fit one more so that everyone is comfortable. So the spot is yours. :) Just to let everyone know bring some pillows, big warm covers, etc whatever you need to sleep because we are staying at my friends house free. He has two beds and everyone else will be on the floor. I'm also bringing an extra TV just for practice. Jason has a Tv too so we should be good. I'm hoping that we get there so people can get some MM in, practice, warmup prior to the tournament on Saturday. Bring money for food as well!!

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Already bought the 0c2 dvd!

DFG IF MY TOURNAMENT IS DELAYED(WHICH I WILL DECIDE TONIGHT OR TMOORROW MORNING) THEN MAKE SURE YOU POST ON THE CCCT2K.COM WEBSITE SITE THAT IT IS!! LOL

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Already bought the 0c2 dvd!

DFG IF MY TOURNAMENT IS DELAYED(WHICH I WILL DECIDE TONIGHT OR TMOORROW MORNING) THEN MAKE SURE YOU POST ON THE CCCT2K.COM WEBSITE SITE THAT IT IS!! LOL
I heard from several sources that it will only snow about 2 inches each day. Once source said it was going to snow more, and a final one said it will hardly snow at all. Just wanted to give you that information.

lol it's colorado, you really can't predict it.

Top Bottom