• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Yeah, all i herd so far is that the hardest time for traveling would be saturday night into sunday. So if everyone arrived here in the morning, that would be awesome.. IM not completely sure yet, but i would say the chance of having it is very good. Ill be officially announcing if its still on by tomorrow afternoon; around 4pm to 5pm. So i suggest getting everything ready.

ALSO- PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY'RE BRINGING STUFF, MAKE SURE YOU BRING YOUR STUFF OTHERWISE ITS GOING TO AFFECT US ALL. SO IM COUNTING ON EVERYONE I HAVE ON MY LIST TO BRING THEIR TV'S OR CUBES!!!

Due to the news of a upcoming snow storm this friday and saturday, the tournament has a semi possiblilty of being postponed to Jan 19th!!! Ill Have the official announcment either wensday night or thursday morning of this week!
When: 1/13/07(Tournament will start at 1pm no exceptions!)
Where: 17370 Caribou Dr. E. Monument Co, 80132
Rules: Mlg rules
Entry Fee: $5 for singles $5 for doubles, $2 for food.
The Tournament will obviously begin around 12pm-1pm. Everyone is allowed to stay the night so i suggest that people bring blankets and stuff. Also, i would suggest bring some extra money just incase you randomly get hungary. There is a bunch of restaurants here. Um other then that, make sure you have breakfast before you come and just try too respect house rules.

Whos bringing what:
Bloshi- Tv and Cube
El_LoVo- 2 Tv's and Cube
Chap- Cube
The Marronator-cube
mm- cube/ 4tv's
Nin9- Comp w/ brackets/ 1 TV/ 1 cube
Ghetto- 1 cube

TV's- 8 tv's
Gamecubes- 6 cubes
I still need a computer that can do the brackets for us!

MLG Rules:
1v1
8min time limit
2 out 3
4 stock
no items
stages allowed: Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Pk Stadium.
cheating will result in a game loss and if again, match loss....
Counter pick stages: Basically any stage that is outrageous like icicle mountain, rainbow cruiz, poke floats etc no crappy stages like that....
-All IC Infinites banned

2v2
no time limit
4 stock
best 2 out of 3
The rest of the rules are the same as 1v1

Also- David i left my cell phone at your house, so im going to need it when you come to my tournament!

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
Zeal being lazy:

Sorry for being a bit indignant, especially if it's really for nothing. Is the tourney this weekend, then? I thought it was next. If it's this weekend, I can't go anyway, and I'm sorry for raising a fuss. =x

Victor, it would be wonderful if you could postpone till next weekend if NM is this weekend, namely because either way, I can't make it, and that normally means Rafa & some of Aurora can't make it. If they can, definitely don't postpone just for me, but if they can't, I'd like to request a reconsideration, perchance.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
the nm tourny is in February chap. The X-topia right if that is the one you are talking about i am sure that is like feb 10 or something. they changed the date because it was the same time as victors tourny.

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
the nm tourny is in February chap. The X-topia right if that is the one you are talking about i am sure that is like feb 10 or something. they changed the date because it was the same time as victors tourny.
wow is X-topia really that small that they need to change it for Victors little Tournament LOL

FOR THE RECORD WHENEVER A POST SAYS "ZEAL HERE" OR "ZEAL" ITS NOT CHAP ITS ZEAL TOO LAZY TO LOG OUT

Vaedin

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm new to the Smashboards but not new to Melee. I havn't heard of much going on in Colorado for Melee so I was wondering if someone could tell me about this ^^ Thanks

meleemarth

Smash Ace
So tony can you still make it because NM tournament is in febuary so you should be able to make it. CAN YOU LOL?!!?!

Also- Vaedin Yo whats up, yeah there is a tournament at my house this weekend, read the rules and get all the information in one of my previous posts. Anyways good luck and i hope your samus does well.

ANYWAYS ILL BE ANNOUNCING IT TODAY WHEN I GET HOME!! CHANCES ARE THE TOURNAMENT IS STILL GOING TO HAPPEN THIS WEEKEND.

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
So tony can you still make it because NM tournament is in febuary so you should be able to make it. CAN YOU LOL?!!?!

Also- Vaedin Yo whats up, yeah there is a tournament at my house this weekend, read the rules and get all the information in one of my previous posts. Anyways good luck and i hope your samus does well.

ANYWAYS ILL BE ANNOUNCING IT TODAY WHEN I GET HOME!! CHANCES ARE THE TOURNAMENT IS STILL GOING TO HAPPEN THIS WEEKEND.
then aurora will probably not go unless rafas dad gives us a ride

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
No dont do it victor :( Aurora doesnt really have a sure ride for this week end

That and when why delay it to the 19th when thats a friday (jeris pointed that out for me :p)

Ohhh LoVo come here tomorrow jeris said he was coming with his bro so come here as soon as your school ends

Duha

Smash Journeyman
to be honest i really want the a town smashers to be there. we don't get a chance to come and play you guys much. So when we do come it would be nice if it was everyone there. I would really like it this weekend but i much prefer everyone to be there.

Sorry chap and zeal and all whoever else uses that name.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. NIN9, no can do. Jason, leader of the NVGA chapter of NM who is hosting this tournament, can only hold a certain amount of people and since CO is sending 7 we filled up everything. Sorry man!! Contact jason here though:

www.nvgaonline.com

I know one of his people is hosting a hotel room so you can stay with them if you want.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
DFG we don't take up much space. and will just eat your scraps and dig through the rubbish no problem, us DSC smashers are raw. And if we have to will just sleep in the car. do you know why... DSC rules... jk will figure it out and we will sleep in the car if we have too.

please don't flame me i was just kidding guys.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
No dont do it victor :( Aurora doesnt really have a sure ride for this week end

That and when why delay it to the 19th when thats a friday (jeris pointed that out for me :p)

Ohhh LoVo come here tomorrow jeris said he was coming with his bro so come here as soon as your school ends
Alright, i ment the 20th on saturday. Anyways, why dont you guys find rides with ferdi or someone else? Theres other people who can pick you up and drop you off >.> Find a way!

Ferdi-can you pick up some people?
David- Is there anymore room in the car so that you could pick some of these guys up?
Yang- Can you pick any of them up?

Also- im working on seeing if we can get atleast some of you rides. i think ferdi could. Also- why dont you guys see if rafa's parents will take some of you?!?

p.s. If you guys are mistaking, the NM tournament is in febuary so i dont understand why you guys cant get a ride?!?Aurora- I was thinking, if ferdi could give some of you guys a ride their and back. So I think Ferdi should only pick up the people who can't get rides either way. Then, for the other people, see if you can get a ride home because Marcel will probably be able to give you a ride to my house but thats it. So see who can get a ride home and see who cant. The people who cant have to ride with ferdi and the people who can ride with Marcel

How many aurora guys are gonna need a ride? BUT STILL, SEE IF RAFA'S PARENTS WILL DRIVE AND TONY, TELL ME WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED BECAUSE, YOU GUYS ALREADY HAD EVERYTHING PLANNED OUT AND THEN IT ALL DOESNT WORK NOW WTF!?!?

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Hey...you know...I have a car too you know...just letting you guys know...that I have...a...car...yah...and I am most likely going...unless I need to work on homework extremely badly...which is a possibility with finals and the semester ending next week...so...yah...

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Well, I'm already taking takumi and ferdi so I will only have 1 spot for a person in my car. And my parents tend to complain if they need to drive out of the way making an hour drive into a 2 hour drive.

And I vote we have it this weekend, but that is just me.

I'm sure you aurora smashers can get a ride. Best of luck

please don't flame me i was just kidding guys.
lol don't worry, nobody is flaming you. But how are you guys doing? Will you be here this weekend?

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Hm Bloshi, can you pick them up the? Would you mind picking them up?! You need to come lol!!! plz because we have a 3 day weekend woot! So im sure you'll have time to study, Anyways, Bloshi pick some of them up and then mabe the rest can somehow manage a ride with Rafa's parents or mabe an opening will happen for tony.

Or, if rafa's parents could pick up then Marcel can pick you guys up!

Marcel

Smash Cadet
yah, i can most likely pick some people up if i can get a ride back home. I live in Centennial which is pretty much on the way back from monument to aurora. Gettin a ride back home is kinda lookin a bit iffy soo if we could work out some kinda deal that would be great.

and i can bring a cube as well

Buz Buzkil

Smash Cadet
Well, I'm already taking takumi and ferdi so I will only have 1 spot for a person in my car. And my parents tend to complain if they need to drive out of the way making an hour drive into a 2 hour drive.

And I vote we have it this weekend, but that is just me.

I'm sure you aurora smashers can get a ride. Best of luck

lol don't worry, nobody is flaming you. But how are you guys doing? Will you be here this weekend?
this is NIN9. we will be there friday night.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Tournament is this weekend!
When: 1/13/07(Tournament will start at 1pm no exceptions!) You Can arrive at 11am Saturday Morning and then everyone has to leave around 3pm sunday afternoon.
Where: 17370 Caribou Dr. E. Monument Co, 80132
Rules: Mlg rules
Entry Fee: $5 for singles $5 for doubles, $2 for food.
The Tournament will obviously begin around 12pm-1pm. Everyone is allowed to stay the night so i suggest that people bring blankets and stuff. Also, i would suggest bring some extra money just incase you randomly get hungary. There is a bunch of restaurants here. Um other then that, make sure you have breakfast before you come and just try too respect house rules. Ends at 3pm on Sunday

Whos bringing what:
Bloshi- Tv and Cube
El_LoVo- 2 Tv's and Cube
Chap- Cube
The Marronator-cube
mm- cube/ 4tv's
Nin9- Comp w/ brackets/ 1 TV/ 1 cube
Ghetto- 1 cube
Marcel- 1 cube
YangFuShang- Cube

TV's- 8 tv's
Gamecubes- 8 cubes

MLG Rules:
1v1
8min time limit
2 out 3
4 stock
no items
stages allowed: Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Pk Stadium.
cheating will result in a game loss and if again, match loss....
Counter pick stages: Basically any stage that is outrageous like icicle mountain or game and watch's level.
-All IC Infinites banned

2v2
no time limit
4 stock
best 2 out of 3
The rest of the rules are the same as 1v1

Also- David i left my cell phone at your house, so im going to need it when you come to my tournament!

Aurora- Im sorry im holding the tournament but i cant just postpone it because you guys are having a hard time finding rides. There are rides from Marcel and Bloshi, so i would suggest figuring out things with them. If someone could post bloshi's phone number so that they could get a hold of them that would be nice. Anyways, i have people from the springs and durango coming to this. Im sorry

For everyone who said they're bringing stuff! If your name is on the list, then you better bring it!! Dont forget to bring your cubes and tv's or ill will be pissed!!
Bring your own blankets and stuff if your staying over!

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I can pick up 3 people comfortably with room in the back for TVs, or 4 people if one squishes in the middle back seat, or 6 people if you guys are willing to carry your TVs and cubes on your laps.

If you guys decide to take the ride, just meet up at Chap's/Nite's house since that's the one I know I can get to, that is, if it works okay for you guys. I'll be by around 10:00 or a little bit earlier so you better be there. I'll be leaving the next day at 11:00.

Post here with your final decision.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
A-town smashers Bloshi is offering you guys 4 rides so if at least 4 a-town smashers are not there i might mistake it as you guys afraid to play DSC. So I suggest you take the rides.

Edit: O and victor i am counting 9 cubes and 8 TV's not a big deal guess i am bored but thought i let you know so you don't expect something that is not there. or expect less in this case

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
I can pick up 3 people comfortably with room in the back for TVs, or 4 people if one squishes in the middle back seat, or 6 people if you guys are willing to carry your TVs and cubes on your laps.

If you guys decide to take the ride, just meet up at Chap's/Nite's house since that's the one I know I can get to, that is, if it works okay for you guys. I'll be by around 10:00 or a little bit earlier so you better be there. I'll be leaving the next day at 11:00.

Post here with your final decision.
Yea that sounds like a good plan but what are we going to do about lovos 2 huge A$$ tvs? We still need to get them from his house
ok the people who need rides rides are
LoVo
Erg
Jeris
Chap
Me

Ohhh and we are trying to get lovos dad to get us there so if that happens then thats smooth sailing from their

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
A-town smashers Bloshi is offering you guys 4 rides so if at least 4 a-town smashers are not there i might mistake it as you guys afraid to play DSC. So I suggest you take the rides.

Edit: O and victor i am counting 9 cubes and 8 TV's not a big deal guess i am bored but thought i let you know so you don't expect something that is not there. or expect less in this case
so you can talk sh** AND count. NO WAY...:psycho:

weather is looking good. we will be on our way at 3.

Marcel

Smash Cadet
im gunna need a ride back to my house. Im not too far out of the way for people in aurora and i'd be willing to pitch a bit for gas money. I need to know if anyone wants a ride to the tourney or if i can get a ride back.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
Hey i could try going with my dad but that might not work so i would go to nite's.

If i go to nite's i can't take my tv's cuz i'd be taking the bus.
also i'll have no internet after 3:00 pm today.

my home phone number is 303-367-1463, just in case you guys come up with a plan after I leave school.

also if my dad doesn't want to give me a ride then i'll leave for nites at like 7 pm.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Hey i could try going with my dad but that might not work so i would go to nite's.

If i go to nite's i can't take my tv's cuz i'd be taking the bus.
also i'll have no internet after 3:00 pm today.

my home phone number is 303-367-1463, just in case you guys come up with a plan after I leave school.

also if my dad doesn't want to give me a ride then i'll leave for nites at like 7 pm.
I have a plan guy
Im going to go to your house call my mom. have her pick us up so we can have the tvs ^^
if your dad wont take us

That and i need to wash clothes since water froze here :p

Marcel

Smash Cadet
I NEED to know if i can get a ride back from the tourney by tonight. You can contact me on aim or just say so here. I can give people a ride down to the tourney as long as i can get a ride back.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
crap.

i just realized that my crew in staying at MM's place and found out that he has a cat and a dog.
im allergic to both.

looks like i wont be comming with the other Durangans:mad:

too bad, i was feeling like i had improved quite abit since break:'(

o well, the others will probibily die on wolf creek pass anyway, ill feel much better about it then.

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
crap.

i just realized that my crew in staying at MM's place and found out that he has a cat and a dog.
im allergic to both.

o well, the others will probibily die on wolf creek pass anyway, ill feel much better about it then.
***** scurred no JOHNZ!!!

Bloshi

Smash Ace
crap.

im allergic to both.

Ummm you came over to my house and I have three cats I don't think 24 hours of it will kill you, but seriously, ask your doctor or something.

Those two big TVs are Lovo's? Hold on...lemme check the logistics of my car...*runs outside**runs back in* forgot my coat *runs back outside again.**runs back in* OK yeah that may be a problem. I can fit the two TVs in the back+ maybe a smaller one+some cubes (maybe), and then people will have TVs on their laps.

TLHM

Smash Cadet
what time should I be over, David? and are we going to be spending the night?

oh, and call me, I don't have internet at my dad's yet (he just moved)
303 545 5562

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Ummm you came over to my house and I have three cats I don't think 24 hours of it will kill you, but seriously, ask your doctor or something.

Those two big TVs are Lovo's? Hold on...lemme check the logistics of my car...*runs outside**runs back in* forgot my coat *runs back outside again.**runs back in* OK yeah that may be a problem. I can fit the two TVs in the back+ maybe a smaller one+some cubes (maybe), and then people will have TVs on their laps.
Yup his are the huge ones
Lets just hope that lovos dad can give us a ride ^^

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
you came over to my house and I have three cats I don't think 24 hours of it will kill you, but seriously, ask your doctor or something.

ya, i didnt know you had cats, it was hard to breathe for at least two days after that. and that was for less then 5 hours.
we were planing on staying over at MM's place all weekend.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Duha, LOL!! Your funny!! In terms of the car we pretty much full!! As the chapter leader I'm trying to get as many CO players in all games to come and people hoped on it quick. Like said Jason friend will not be charging for the hotel room so talk to Jason. His friend goes by Senca_22. Damien, his really name is really cool. Talk to him for housing. Hurry though!! Space is running out!!

the Marronator

Smash Ace
what time should I be over, David? and are we going to be spending the night?

oh, and call me, I don't have internet at my dad's yet (he just moved)
303 545 5562
It would be great if both you and ferdi could be over here at about 10 tomorrow.

And could you guys have other rides back? Because my parents want to pick me up and drive me up to the mountains. This is my sister's last week back in school and so I am fairly positive I can't drive you guys back. Sorry!

Top Bottom