• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Okay I finished Twilight Princess today and I would like to say that Tim is right on some counts, but wrong on others. It's a good game, it really is. I especially liked the plot development and game mechanics. I found that waving the wiimote and nunchuck around was actually funner than pressing a button, although they both have the same effect. Using the hidden skills was a blast even if some of them didn't really help in most fights (jump strike, mortal draw). The music was absolutely awesome as well. It was chaotic but was strangely good, so no annoying catchy tunes to get stuck in your head (except for the old-school tracks like the lost woods). I personally enjoyed wolf-link although it wasn't very functional after all the twilight was dispelled, essentially serving the same purpose as the lens of truth. Early game it made for some great puzzles, however. I also noticed the lack of a magic meter, which was a nice addition. The horseback stuff was well improved over past versions of the game as well.

My main annoyance with the game was the item usage. It seemed all centered around clawshot puzzles, especially after the double clawshot. The 4th and 5th temple items were among my favorites, but barely used, except for a ridiculous amount in their own dungeon.

The second annoyance is that the game is too big...yet too small. Hyrule is very very very large, and exploration of every single nook and cranny is discouraged, especially after the introduction of teleporting makes several portions of the map absolutely obsolete. I virtually never went back to west or south Hyrule field after their roles in the story. Hell, I tried to stay away from Lake Hylia too, just because it was so **** big, although much of the game centers around it.

There were ridiculous amounts of money chests in the game, making money something you wanted to get rid of as badly as possible so you could open the money chests in dungeons and keep the money so you don't confuse it with actually important dungeon items. There was only one time when I was short on money, at the beginning of the game.

Fishing was poorly executed and seemed more like a ****** with a stick and a string than a hero with a fishing pole. Luckily it played a minor role in almost everything (even side-quests).

Other than that stuff the game was highly enjoyable and enthralling. I give it a 8.5/10

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Victor, the tournament date is December 9,10,11. If you want to go let me know ASAP so I can hold you a spot.

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
Zeal here:

Belated merry xmas to everyone. ESPECIALLY Victor.

We ARE going to AZ, we NEED to, I LOVE AZ, even if they tend to bag on me a lot. =(

Also, DFG, I'd really like to go to NM, but I can't afford too much for gas. Still, if you'll have me.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Ferdi here:

Belated merry xmas to everyone. ESPECIALLY Victor.

I'm training my ICs now(as in 5 minutes sessions each day but w/e) to be able to deal with Victor's gay Marth. I ****ing love and hate your Marth at the same time Victor -_-

Therefore I can use this sig with the ICs in it.

Also, **** YES TO THE BOONDOCKS MARATHON!!! THIS **** KICKS ***!!!

Wait a sec...so by controlling women...you control *****es!

the Marronator

Smash Ace
XD looks like I double posted without even thinking about it. At least they're monitoring now <_<

And looks like I'm leaving again tomorrow, but I'll be back....

meleemarth

Smash Ace
FYi guys my tournament on January 13th, sounds like there are a **** load of people coming. Im almost kind of scared, so can you guys plz pitch in more tv's and cubes because we are going to need it.

Also- ferdi, your sheik beat my marth in the tournament rofl, why are you picking up IC? Sheik>marth

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
FYi guys my tournament on January 13th, sounds like there are a **** load of people coming. Im almost kind of scared, so can you guys plz pitch in more tv's and cubes because we are going to need it.

Also- ferdi, your sheik beat my marth in the tournament rofl, why are you picking up IC? Sheik>marth
So I can show them how Chu Dat does it ;) no not like that you pervs >_>

But seriously, just cause I can. Also, my Sheik will probably be better regardless of how much I practice chaingrabbing.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Hey tony/everyone in Aurora/Boulder are you guys still going to make it to my tournament on Jan 13th? Also, tony, if you guys go to Az, are you still gonna make it to my place for the tournament? cuz i think theres going to be 40+ppl attending.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Hey tony/everyone in Aurora/Boulder are you guys still going to make it to my tournament on Jan 13th? Also, tony, if you guys go to Az, are you still gonna make it to my place for the tournament? cuz i think theres going to be 40+ppl attending.
Wow, 40+ people O_o Awsome (although I have no idea if you can fit that many). I will be there, but I don't know about the other boulder people.

Blest55

Smash Cadet
Ya lets get EVERYONE that plays smash in colorado, and then we should have a tournament, and then well have a real uber hawt ranking thread

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
hey i found out about this tournament on ddr freak and i already asked victor(meleemarth) so i'll see if anyone else can help
myself and maybe 2/3 friends might come down there for this tournament. if possible, is anyone able to provide housing and/or transportation from the airport and such?
any help would be appreciated
thanks a billion

meleemarth

Smash Ace
i told you guys hehehe, there are random people coming. I think theres, everyone in boulder, aurora, durango, Co Springs, out of staters, thorton, and then there are the random n00bs cuz DFG posted it on the ccct2k.com website. Well, im sure my house is going to be a bit crouded but thats why im hoping all of you guys will pich in on tv's and cubes because then we can get it done faster. Also, im pretty sure everyone isnt staying the night but for the people who are, they need to bring stuff to sleep with. Trust me, when you guys get here lol i would start calling your spots to sleep cuz i think theres going to be people everywhere.

Blest55

Smash Cadet
hey i found out about this tournament on ddr freak and i already asked victor(meleemarth) so i'll see if anyone else can help
myself and maybe 2/3 friends might come down there for this tournament. if possible, is anyone able to provide housing and/or transportation from the airport and such?
any help would be appreciated
thanks a billion
You guys do know the weather is teh butt up here. i wouldn't want to go outside if free bagels just happened.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Yeah, im going to arrange all the furniture and everything better this time so we can fit more people. Also- i wish i could get some word from tony because hes going to be the person driving everyone to the tournament. Anyways, for people like Takumi, yang, etc if your not sure you can get a ride or w/e, start making plans to get picked up with other people. This tournament is going to be the shiznezdiz XD!

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Colorado Springs Airport would probably be closer to my house. Also- i dont think bless understands that my tournament isnt until jan 13th, so its not like theres going to be 4ft of snow to drive through. W/e, fly if you want to fly but like i said, im going to be busy with other things, so if you want to fly, then you also have to get a ride here. Housing is the most i can do.

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
Zeal again, because I'm too **** lazy to log outta Chap's account.

I'm planning on going to your tourney. I need to request the day off from work still, but yeah, most definitely planning on going. I call one of the couches, right here, right now. The bigger one, since I'm bigger. ♥

But yeah, definitely going. Also, who all is going to AZ?

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
Alright, sounds good and Also, ive added one thing to the rules. Any infinite IC grab is completely banned due to its gayness.
Good man. I plan on using it at any tourney where it's not banned. ♥

Also, I have 5th-7th off, and the van, so WE ARE GOING TO AZ BIG MONEYYYYYYY! YAYUHHZZ!!!

WHO'S WITH ME?!?!

EDIT: Zeal, again.

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
But we've actually met some of AZ's top smashers, and there's a lot of talent going to Big$. This is a chance for Colorado to really get some experience. We'll have our little grudge matches later.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Okay Colorado, I ran the numbers and all that fun stuff. Nite and myself will probably be paying the bulk of the gas, but we would love to have more people from CO come to AZ with us. Please let us know what's going on. Ferdi, you NEED to come with us to this, even if you can only contribute a little bit to gas.

Calculations insofar-
Driving to Forward's house and back=total of 1871.1 miles.
Divide by 15 for gas mileage= 124.74 $
Multiply by about $2.30 (since most places won't be anywhere near that) per gallon= $286.91
Plus about $30 for going to/from tournament and places= $310.91
That's the grand total of gas. Not too bad, and that's all operating under worst-case scenarios. Nite and I will be covering a good portion of it, but if anyone wants to come, and contribute at least the tiniest bit, I would greatly appreciate it.

LET'S DO THIS!!!

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Okay Colorado, I ran the numbers and all that fun stuff. Nite and myself will probably be paying the bulk of the gas, but we would love to have more people from CO come to AZ with us. Please let us know what's going on. Ferdi, you NEED to come with us to this, even if you can only contribute a little bit to gas.

Calculations insofar-
Driving to Forward's house and back=total of 1871.1 miles.
Divide by 15 for gas mileage= 124.74 $
Multiply by about $2.30 (since most places won't be anywhere near that) per gallon= $286.91
Plus about $30 for going to/from tournament and places= $310.91
That's the grand total of gas. Not too bad, and that's all operating under worst-case scenarios. Nite and I will be covering a good portion of it, but if anyone wants to come, and contribute at least the tiniest bit, I would greatly appreciate it.

LET'S DO THIS!!!
Wait omg, you're driving there?! The only reason I cancelled was because I thought you guys would be flying so it would cost too much O_O;;

Since this opened up again I'll need to talk with my parents again, seriously, I'll get info ASAP. Also, when will we be leaving? When will we come back? What day would it be?(school might collide with this so reply soon!) IF(and thats a big if), IF I can go, I will be able to contribute liek 70$ to gas =/ I'm still cheap and dont have a job yet so there.

Top Bottom