• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Also- there are many players coming to this, so i had to adjust the date while giving some and losing some people. But i set it for the 13th because durango smash players are gonna make it then. And, there are players from ddrfreak.com coming so theres going to be more people then normal...definitely.....
W00t. We should definatly have crews too.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
GAMEFAQS NUB KREW is recruiting.....lol

uh i'll try to be there

wtf whoever gave me neg rep is an idiot and doesn't understand the joke. THIS IS NOT A CREW U *******. ITS JUST A JOKE THAT STARTED BECUZ MELEE MARTH TOLD ME TO GO BACK TO GAMEFAQS ALONG TIME AGO(page 63).

btw if we have crew battles i should join with boulder becuz i will probably be going to CU anyways

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Hey Sebastian, it's Kenny, i met you at NDK and gave you the link to smashboards. I think that we all need to get mroe active here in the smash community. Seeing as how the next cutthroat will not be held until the Spring it's important that we have some touranments and casual playtime in between now and then. here are a list of colorado smash players that i know of and their names on the boards and locations:
BlueMycon-Kenny(aurora)
kmgamer-Kyle(aurora)
meleemarth-Victor(monument)
IntermOfZeal-Tony(byers)
Zoap-zoap(?)
SabinFigaro-Buddy(Ft. Collins)
jameslocke-Nick(ft. collins)
FalcoAce1-Kevin(aurora)
Liquid_Penguin-Sebastian(denver)
spiritdragon-Ferdinand(Thornton)
El_Lovo-?(aurora)

Let's get Smashin! Hopefully there'll be a tournament coming up soon. Possibly on the 1st of Oct. but don't hold me to it. I'm still searching for a good location to hold it. Until they you people better get practicing so that Victor has some competition now that ssbm_kings is gone. If anyone needs more information about people(addresses, phone #s, etc.) then get PMing so we can get playing.
-Kenny
Hey everyone look at this ****ing old post. There were players from FT. Collins?!

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone look at this ****ing old post. There were players from FT. Collins?!
Hey Bloshi, there used to be players who lived in Ft. Collins. But they are from a Smash Age long passed. Back in the day, Tan Tanh, Nick, and Buddy used to rule the smash scene. The first two lived in lakewood and the last two lived in Ft. Collins. They were before your time so to speak lol, you've probably never met them. They're all retired from smash now, as far as I know. So sad too =( Nick and Buddy, if you guys read this you should come and play with us again sometime.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Muahuahuahuahuahua Kenny fell into my clever ruse to get him to post! MUAHUAHUAHUAHUA!!!!!!!!!

so much snow............
I KNOW! I'm so pissed at it because the stores closed so I couldn't buy Twilight Princess!

EDIT: That was my 500th post so I feel like I should do something special...so Astrocat will play you the Symphony of Space:

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Gimme a break I'm bored. I don't have TP yet, but once I do, you won't see me for days, I swear.
So are you saying you dont have any tp to whipe your ***? LOL thats nasty, try using a blanket, that might work. And how often do you do the no.2 cuz you said i wont see you for days.

B-Will Edit: heh, i would have warned you for this post rather than the other one had i seen this first.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to laugh at any of you Coloradoites who lost power thanks to this storm. Now you know the pain I had with that storm. Though mine was more wind and trees attacking.

Also, hate you all for postponing that tourney away from Christmas week.

Also, TP is the worst actual zelda in a long while. Just thought I'd share that. (Actual means First Party Made)

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Rofl, so you say you hate me for postponing my tournament till jan. 13th? Hm well go **** yourself then because i post poned it so i can have more people come. But thats fine, since you wont be there, i think ill be happier. Oh next time post good quality posts like this:
i have to post
Yang- I tried gunz again and im still not terrible at it. Mabe next time your online ill try a game out with you. I quit the game tho, because it messed up my smash skill. Seriously, i became way too addicted to it. Recently, i tried buying a controller for the pc and i found out gunz doesnt work with it lol.

p.s. How is T.P. a bad game when it got rediculously good ratings and on x-play it won the video game of 2006 award? Rofl, bloshi just buy it cuz its good.

tim- lol im just giving you crap lol. Um can you still make it to the my tournament tho?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Some people would be content with the reason that most reviewers are fanboys. I am not of this camp.

Let me ask you this: What in TP did you enjoy more than previous Zelda titles? I can't think of any feature that was an improvement. The new items I liked were only used heavily in their own dungeon, then seen maybe once in each following dungeon, or on the way to it, as a way to keep it from dying. I did not enjoy having to swing the wiimote to slash, especially when I wanted to slash once and would move my wrist back to the neutral position, only to have Link slash again leaving himself open to arrowing. I did not enjoy the lack of a controllable camera, especially since there is one on the cube version (I thought they could make it so if the player held C and turned the nunchuk...but noooo....). The water dungeon(Gasp, sorry for the spoiler Ben) is once again just plain bad. The story goes from good and dark to "Just kidding, take your time" after the Master Sword is obtained. (If you didn't see those things coming in this game Ben, I'll weep for you) Let's see, what else, since I'm bored and need to waste some more time until work ends...Money flows like water, making anything with monetary requirements not worth it. If you can complete the 2 "hard" tasks in the game, the reward is so insignificant as to make one burp. The final battle is loaded with hints on what to do, and not really challenging. The hardest fight in the game is a mid-boss. The red armor is largely useless. Wolf Link is largely useless. Calling a hawk is largely useless. I won't include bugs in this argument, because I'm a nice guy. Oh, the fishing pole is so stupidly handled. There isn't a cool quest for a cool sword. (I'd like the ones seen in the 4th dungeon, personally.)

My Final Score: 75/100. Certainly not as bad as I like to claim, but far worse than fan boys like to admit. Am I wrong? Think about what you liked more in TP than OOT or WW, and then decide. I'm not an absolute, but neither are people who are such fans of the series that it nullifies their journalist integrity.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
So whats the news about NE? Its getting closer and you haven't really posted in the last few days Tony, I'm pretty much set for going, all I need to know is if you're still up to roadtrip there or what(cause if not then we'll just say no to NE ASAP). Also what is with this snow?! Seriously, why couldn't it happen during a school week!? Geez its taking forever to shovel up 2+ feet of snow from my driveway and sidewalk -.-

cllzzrd

Smash Apprentice
there is a ton of snow. My dad is a doctor, so I had to go shovel him out whenever he got stuck leaving our house. but Im from Ft. Collins, im ok. you all would probably beat me easily.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Tim- its usless to argue with you about whether TP is a good game or not. Honestly i dont care what you think cuz if i enjoyed it then thats good. Thats enough said. You took it too seriously lol.

Also- Ferdi your sig is interesting xp. and how come you never put sheik on there cuz she is your main....Oh and check it out lol! B-will edited my post and gave me an infraction! awesome... xp

meleemarth

Smash Ace
sry for the double post

When: 1/13/07
Where: 17370 Caribou Dr. E. Monument Co, 80132
Rules: Mlg rules
Entry FEe: $5 for singles $5 for doubles, $2 for food.
The Tournament will obviously begin around 12pm-1pm. Everyone is allowed to stay the night so i suggest that people bring blankets and stuff. Also, i would suggest bring some extra money just incase you randomly get hungary. There is a bunch of restaurants here. Um other then that, make sure you have breakfast before you come and just try too respect house rules.
Im also thinking about having a giant food eating thing after the tournament at a local chilli's restaurant to celebrate Christmas/New Year. So i guess just start saying whether or not you want to do this or not. If the answer is yes, bring some extra money.
Whos bringing what:
Bloshi- Tv and Cube
El_LoVo- 2 Tv's and Cube
Chap- Cube
The Marronator-cube

(more tv's plz and possibly a computer that can do the brackets for us)

MLG Rules:
1v1
8min time limit
2 out 3
4 stock
no items
stages allowed: Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Pk Stadium.
cheating will result in a game loss and if again, match loss....
Counter pick stages: Basically any stage that isn't outrageous like icicle mountain, rainbow cruiz, poke floats etc no crappy stages like that....

2v2
no time limit
4 stock
best 2 out of 3
The rest of the rules are the same as 1v1

Also- there are many players coming to this, so i had to adjust the date while giving some and losing some people. But i set it for the 13th because durango smash players are gonna make it then. And, there are players from ddrfreak.com coming so theres going to be more people then normal...definitely.....

Also, it is very important that everyone carpools because we are going to need the space for everyone else. So plz, carpool with anyone you can(even with creepy old guys that wear no pants)

full_95

Smash Journeyman
yo, so who else got three and a half feet? that was an intense storm, i love it.

also, boulder people, i am in withdrawl as i left my GC at school and dont have any means of smash activity (besides the internet, which is just huge blueballs) until the 15th of january. if any of you guys are in town, we should get something together in boulder. anyways, let me know if any of you guys are down.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Nah, I was just bored at work. And tested that game. Those make for Type-a-lot-so-I-don't-have-to-work!

Also, Happy Chrissy's Mass to everyone, I hate you all.

Especially Chap. For bringing drinks in my car.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey guys, I would like too see 2 players from CO go to this tournament with me:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=91162

I think it would a good opporturnity for CO to take this tournament. I would like the top two to go this. Whoever this is by the time of the tournament. Like I said before I will rent the car/van and all you have to do is worry about gas. I have couple of spots for housing too. So let me know ASAP so you reserve your spot. I will post this on the website as well if anyone is interested.

TLHM

Smash Cadet
@ Tim: Transportation's much better :) TP is fun. you take it too seriously. course, I guess that's your job, but still. I also like the shooting system in TP much better. And the special moves work much better with the wii version, IMO. I like the swimming with the zora tunic too. And I don't get what's wrong with the water temple...oh, and I think that the resetting of camera behind is really all you need, but whatever. :)

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Reword please, all I got out of that was "we're going to Azone"
What he ment is Forward (as in the az smash player) randomly showed up after his flight was delayed thanks to the blizzard so yea. he is here and we is playing him and ummm we are going to the az tourny now

And you guys Tim isnt taking **** to serious he just a big fan that was disappointed by the big as wait. . . Not only that but no zelda game will ever be as good as OoT and i bet TP didnt have a lot of temples maybe 4 since zelda games have been getting shorter and shorter

meleemarth

Smash Ace
guys, i just pulled a perfect control!! omfg i threw ganon up and shine to bair'd him in mid air!!! i cried.....

DFG- when is this tournament? i might go, i just need to know when, how much money i need all together etc. I might be able to make it. It depends on if im still going to AZ or if i have finals still....

EDIT- RAfa im assuming your not coming up, so im going to go ahead and go christmas shopping. Um, i guess if you randomly are coming still, then my phone number is 1-719-488-0246. So call if you are. Anyways mabe we can plan for next weekend.

TLHM

Smash Cadet
@ Nite: TP had 9 temples ;) Course the last two were a bit short, but still.

oh, and my wii # is 6115 4137 9338 2011

the Marronator

Smash Ace
What he ment is Forward (as in the az smash player) randomly showed up after his flight was delayed thanks to the blizzard so yea. he is here and we is playing him and ummm we are going to the az tourny now
Holy ****!!! How long is he going to be there?!? I want to play forward! ;_;

Anyways I'm back! Idk if I can do anything because tomorrow is Chirstmas and all but I seriously need to play people.

And I'm back early because my dad tore a leg muscle on the first run, my mom got sick, and my sister nearly got caught in an avalance that killed a local pro skiier. :laugh: I had an awsome time though >_>

forward

Smash Champion
Shout outs!

Thanks Kenny for housing me and feeding me, I really appreciate it.

Zeal: You're such a peach player, and don't deny it! It's in your genes.

Nite: Oh ya I didn't add you on my space cuz i didn't know ur last name or e mail addy so thats why. P.S. Your mom is hot

Chap: Where's my vid!? Nah j/k take your time. Hit me up on aim so we can talk about it tho, my aim is smshfighter. P.S. See above

Lovo: Hey dude you're pretty good with Link. I think you just gotta learn to use projectiles a little better. You have some cool bomb tricks, but you should learn the infinite boomerang. Infinite boomerang is where you always catch it after you throw it and you have to throw it as soon as you get it, it will hella improve your game.

Lovo's bro (you are his bro right?): You're shines are cheap and don't hate on the mewtwo.

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Dam, I really need to play an arizonia smasher sometime. It is so sad I won't be able to make their big $ tournament.

Anyways, anybody up for playing me the 26th?

Chap™

Smash Journeyman
Shout outs!

Thanks Kenny for housing me and feeding me, I really appreciate it.

Zeal: You're such a peach player, and don't deny it! It's in your genes.

Nite: Oh ya I didn't add you on my space cuz i didn't know ur last name or e mail addy so thats why. P.S. Your mom is hot

Chap: Where's my vid!? Nah j/k take your time. Hit me up on aim so we can talk about it tho, my aim is smshfighter. P.S. See above

Lovo: Hey dude you're pretty good with Link. I think you just gotta learn to use projectiles a little better. You have some cool bomb tricks, but you should learn the infinite boomerang. Infinite boomerang is where you always catch it after you throw it and you have to throw it as soon as you get it, it will hella improve your game.

Lovo's bro (you are his bro right?): You're shines are cheap and don't hate on the mewtwo.
**** why does almost all of my friends say that about my mom its not cool now a Pro said it you are a *** ps your vid is gonna be the **** it will be up by the end of next week maybe >_>

Top Bottom