• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Nice avatar Dave. That reminds me, I wanna find a huge wall poster that looks something like that, but really big. Maybe glow-in-the-dark too.

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
What? I never got refunded.
Before expanding, make what you have work. The paypal thing has messed up on both tournaments I came to. For the Holiday Bash I preregistered but had to pay the full door price.
I heard the Brawl singles went until 10:00. There were lots of free wiis and TV or friendlies that could have been used for tourney games.
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. MES!, only those who pre-reg and could not make it due to extreme situation then I will refunded. I don't however do that often. If you pre-reg and you don't show up then I don't give a refund.

As for the paypal we found some glitches that have been finally fixed. Was hard to track them down to the complexity of the system. We will be good to go for the Fighter Frenzy pre-reg. Sorry for the complications. Remember, signing up online does not give you the pre-reg rate. You must payonline to get the pre-reg rate. If you signup, did not payonline and then come at the door you will pay the door price. Pay online if you can please as it makes registration go faster and get you playing much faster.

Also, we will make sure that all systems will be used to get through the tournament but I have full faith in Nite's ability to run the tournament efficiently. As for the tournament it ended around 9:00pm so it gave plenty of time for friendless. I come to the conclusion that Smash events just take a long time due to the type of game so I expect Smash tournaments to always run long especially with the amount of talent we have in Colorado.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I just got home, so it's for the best we rescheduled for tomorrow. I had something I was gonna say, but I forgot it.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Oh snap!

But I got Dragon Age and Borderlands that I wanna play instead. They're better games...

Also, waiting for the last gift certificate to arrive in my email so I can order a 24" monitor =D

Rizen

Smash Legend
He's refund people who paid and never showed up. You were there.
Not that one. The one before that.
Now with that being said if for some reason you paid online but then couldn't make it I will refund your money for the event. That is not a problem. I don't want you to lose money because of some weather issue. I did that for a player at one of the ranbats when it snowed. I typcically don't do refunds but in situation where circumstancs out of you hands you can't attend i.e. weather I make exceptions.
The weather was much worse during the event with Brawl before the Holiday Bash event. There was no refund.

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. MES!, only those who pre-reg and could not make it due to extreme situation then I will refunded. I don't however do that often. If you pre-reg and you don't show up then I don't give a refund.

As for the paypal we found some glitches that have been finally fixed. Was hard to track them down to the complexity of the system. We will be good to go for the Fighter Frenzy pre-reg. Sorry for the complications. Remember, signing up online does not give you the pre-reg rate. You must payonline to get the pre-reg rate. If you signup, did not payonline and then come at the door you will pay the door price. Pay online if you can please as it makes registration go faster and get you playing much faster.

Also, we will make sure that all systems will be used to get through the tournament but I have full faith in Nite's ability to run the tournament efficiently. As for the tournament it ended around 9:00pm so it gave plenty of time for friendless. I come to the conclusion that Smash events just take a long time due to the type of game so I expect Smash tournaments to always run long especially with the amount of talent we have in Colorado.
Registering's not faster when I have to fill out the form 7 times. I would have paid online if the C3 system let me. This has happened for two separate events and C3’s not the one loosing money from it. Faith cannot run a tournament. 9:00?

well overall it was a fun tournament, but i have to rant about one thing.......

now towards the end where this happens at every tournament, when people get knocked out and they want to play friendlies, even some people who are still in the brackets want to play friendlies! WE CAN SPEND CLOSE UP TO 2 hours not doing the tounament but using every station for friendlies! especially for a tournament wheres no cash prizes i want it to get down so i can get the hell out of there
ok maybe use 1-2 stations for friendlies is fine but not like all 5 or 6 of them! i dont want to sit around for up to 2 hours watching people play friendlies! and by then its like 9 and everybody is tried....
i really dont think a 30 man bracket shoul take 6-7 hours to finish!
i remember when supercon took all the way to midnight to finish, and this one was half the entrants and it took to past 10!
Not having time for friendlies wasn't the problem. The singles started at like 4:15, not 3:00 even though they could have. Even if it had been 4:30-9:00, that's too long for a 30-40 person double elimination with 5+ stations.

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
What? I never got refunded.
Before expanding, make what you have work. The paypal thing has messed up on both tournaments I came to. For the Holiday Bash I preregistered but had to pay the full door price.
I heard the Brawl singles went until 10:00. There were lots of free wiis and TV or friendlies that could have been used for tourney games.
-_- I always get people that say that without thinking that maybe if you didn't play casuals during a tourney on a tourney tv it would probably run a little faster
Now i'm not blaming just you over half the people here were not listening to me. it's just annoying when some people don't report to me and i look at the tv i put them on from a distance and see 2-4 heads playing in front of that tv. I think it's still going when some jerks just decided to play casually WHEN I HAD A CASUAL TV SET UP WITH A BIG SCREEEN! >=(
This tourney had 40 people. why the tourney went on for so long is not my fault. I tried to make everything as quick as possible since people couldn't be there all day but people just have to have their money matches in the middle of a god **** tourney,had to finish their friendlies or are just have worse hearing than me . -_- I gave you guys like 2 hours of friendlies since i knew like 1/4 of you would be late, and so you guys can maybe not jon about not being warmed up in a tourney.
At the end of the tourney so many people just kinda vanished which delayed it some more because i kept looking for someone like a sucker.
Anywho next tourney i'm going to have only one or two ( two is rare) casual tv and the rest will be tourney only. No money matches no friendlies. People that decide to ignore me and play will just be removed from the tourney.
I want to see how fast i can really make a tourney go with no mistakes.

BEFORE I FORGET!!!!!!
EVERYONE HERE!!!!!!!

Stop asking me who you guys play. This is very very annoying and makes it very hard to focus on who to ask to play next. someone of you will ignore this so i will just have to ignore you next time. ^ ^

Also i have question for anyone interested in how the tourney is ran. Do you guys want losers and winners to happen at the same time or do you want to alternate between them every round starting from round 2 winners?
I have ran the tourney multiple ways but i always feel like people in losers bracket end up waiting a lot longer for matches =/ I'm not sure how i can fix it to make everyone happy

hahaha long (meaningless) post Hooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Not that one. The one before that.

The weather was much worse during the event with Brawl before the Holiday Bash event. There was no refund.

Registering's not faster when I have to fill out the form 7 times. I would have paid online if the C3 system let me. This has happened for two separate events and C3’s not the one loosing money from it. Faith cannot run a tournament. 9:00?

Not having time for friendlies wasn't the problem. The singles started at like 4:15, not 3:00 even though they could have. Even if it had been 4:30-9:00, that's too long for a 30-40 person double elimination with 5+ stations.
Lol I can actually answer that one for you.
Well you see unlike at the start brawl people are "good" now. And how do you get good at brawl? Easy you stay back and throw things since you cant combo in this game getting the one hit from far is a lot safer then getting that one hit in from close :) Some sets were lasting over 15 minutes. This + 40 people + me looking for 10 people who eventually left when they lost their first round and me having to look for them again= A lot of time wasted =/ So i apologize if the tourney went on for longer than expected i swear i was trying to do it as fast as i could. This next tourney is going to be perfect i promise you =D

DancingFighterG

Smash Ace
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. MES!!, did you make it too the last ranbat? If so why would you get a refund if you attended. Maybe I'm not understand what you are asking. As for the form we are tweeking our process so that if you pre-reg and paid online you don't have to fill out the form. Makes no sense to do that. All you will need to do is check in. As for the paid registration we found the bug a week before registration closed and I gave the solution to bypass the bug. Here is the post and you can see when I posted it.

http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index....-bash-ranbat-4/page__view__findpost__p__34094

You had time to pay online but no worries now since the glitch has been found and fixed. I also sent out an annoucment on twitter and facebook about the work around.

As for the late start Nite will be putting his foot down on making sure that if you are late or not around the tournament will continue without you. If you know that teams start at 12:00noon. You best be there by 11:00am to signup and warmup. As you can ready in his earlier post he is putting the lockdown and I will support it.

Thanks for the feedback. This is what I like to hear to make the events better. Thanks MES!!

Brown NITE

Smash Apprentice
Yo, this is DancingFighterG. MES!!, did you make it too the last ranbat? If so why would you get a refund if you attended. Maybe I'm not understand what you are asking. As for the form we are tweeking our process so that if you pre-reg and paid online you don't have to fill out the form. Makes no sense to do that. All you will need to do is check in. As for the paid registration we found the bug a week before registration closed and I gave the solution to bypass the bug. Here is the post and you can see when I posted it.

http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index....-bash-ranbat-4/page__view__findpost__p__34094

You had time to pay online but no worries now since the glitch has been found and fixed. I also sent out an annoucment on twitter and facebook about the work around.

As for the late start Nite will be putting his foot down on making sure that if you are late or not around the tournament will continue without you. If you know that teams start at 12:00noon. You best be there by 11:00am to signup and warmup. As you can ready in his earlier post he is putting the lockdown and I will support it.

Thanks for the feedback. This is what I like to hear to make the events better. Thanks MES!!
So no more delayed starts?
Well guys i hope your happy you have lost your warm up time till after the tourney xD
unless you show up earlier of course

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
I think MES paid for ranbat 2, when the blizzard conditions happened, and he didn't make it. I know he wasn't at Ranbat 2, and I'm fairly sure that's the one he is referring to.

For the tourney schedule, I'm thinking that you should try to keep the losers bracket caught up, heibrahi. So if that means 1 round of winners, then 2 or 3 rounds of losers, that's fine. Think that would keep the casual goers that aren't expecting much interested, and able to play twice. I've actually noticed a decent chunk of them don't even know they have to lose twice to be knocked out...

tsizzinc

Smash Rookie
yo can anyone get me a ride from foco to smashfest? i have no internet these days so call or text me 970-310-0999.
Also FOCO tourney is a go, on the 8th, thats a friday. Should I start a thread? IDK no internet sucks.

Underload

Lazy
Heibrahi's a really good TO, he knows what he's doing. Don't blame him for HB running late, a ton of people spent their extra time playing friendlies on tournament TVs, even while there were Melee setups and even a Brawl friendly setup to waste your time on.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
So yeah, people can start showing up at 11 or so, I do suppose.

And I ordered an awesome new monitor, yay =D

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I missed more cool things happening cause of Christmas, but so what. I got an iPod Touch that I am currently typing from. :3

Belated Merry Christmas, btw.

Bees!

Smash Ace
CT: My number is (719)640-1498. Call me or text me so I can pick you up tomorrow. We probably head out around 1 or so to go to the Tim Fest.

cHiCkEN_TeNdErS

Smash Apprentice
CT: My number is (719)640-1498. Call me or text me so I can pick you up tomorrow. We probably head out around 1 or so to go to the Tim Fest.
hey man, im way south compared to where you live, is this a problem?

perhaps I can work something out to meet you a bit more north, but I'll def call/text you around 11-12 ish and see whats up

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Double post deal with it

So, Tim's address. What is it? Me mum would like to know.

Also, my dad doesn't get what smashfests are. I explained to him its a bunch of shirtless 30 year olds taking turns gang-banging each other. I found it funny. He did not.

Yup bringing a wii. Should I bring a television?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yo, this is DancingSinZ. Just saying have a good time. And that NM is pretty ****in boss

Top Bottom