• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colorado Smash - MVG Presents: REVELATION 2 - MIDWEST NATIONAL! MVG QUALIFIER! May 16-17

C

Contrive

I heard there is a pretty decent sized rankings tournament next week on Saturday the 2nd in Boulder. I was wondering if anyone had some information on it. I live in Greely and am interest in coming.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
As of right now, NM's kinda a stretch for us, and a lot of money. Textbook took 8th at the last tourney he went to, and he's kinda... not very good. While I would like to go eventually, right now I can't, due to money. I'd love to play your best, and just meet NM, but right now I can't.

EDIT: If you want details, it'll be next weekend (Sept. 2nd). It'll probably start around 12-1ish, and we don't know how late it'll go because we don't have an approximate number. If you need the address, PM Peach's Pan, since it's at his place.

Hope to see you there, and don't hesitate to contact me via AIM.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
Im probably gonna try to stay with either rafa or kenny. Perferibly rafa cuz his my *****. rafa Que Honda!!!?!?!?
you can house with me victor. then we'll get a ride from tony.

169 the magic bussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Rafa it should just be you and me and then the mexicans...how about that tehee? Oh hey contrive, you should come to this, i would like to see a bigger payout rofl.

allboutpeach

Smash Ace
As of right now, NM's kinda a stretch for us, and a lot of money. Textbook took 8th at the last tourney he went to, and he's kinda... not very good. While I would like to go eventually, right now I can't, due to money. I'd love to play your best, and just meet NM, but right now I can't.

EDIT: If you want details, it'll be next weekend (Sept. 2nd). It'll probably start around 12-1ish, and we don't know how late it'll go because we don't have an approximate number. If you need the address, PM Peach's Pan, since it's at his place.

Hope to see you there, and don't hesitate to contact me via AIM.
yea, i played textbook ninja, are crew beat whoever was with him, in a crew battle, me and ABS took out there five, and i ended it with 2 stock left. So yea, i know how good he is. He just had an easy way, and an easy bracket, so don't you worry about competition, if thats what ur worried about, cause u'll have plenty believe me , but if its for monetary reasons, then i understand, but hope at least some of you can make it

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Allaboutpeach, i think if you want to play us so bad, why dont you just come up here. Its obvious we arent coming so either come up here or stop posting.

allboutpeach

Smash Ace
well im just saying, your acting like your good players, would totally dominate us, or thats what it sounds like your trying to imply, im just trying to state otherwise. And trust me if i could drive, id be there, but i can't. But theres no sense on judging us, on how one guy from colorado did over here, i think thats pretty gay.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Look at your posts, i never said anything until you starting bringin stuff up about textbook ninja. Personally i honestly could care less about you guys because there are bigger players then us; like AZ. Not only that, you were the one who started talking superior to us. Just stop posting in here because we're not going. If we do somehow make it, we'll talk to you about it then. Otherwise get out of this thread.

allboutpeach

Smash Ace
hey dude, there no need to get angry man, i mean no offense dude. Actually it was interm who brought textbook up, so theres no need to get angry over something stupid, i mean honestly, i was trying to spread info bout are tourney. I mean nothing, and i really don't know how i offended you in anyway, or neither did i mention in anyway how we were superior, and if i did i want to know how i did, so i don't repeat this. So my bad on this one

Bloshi

Smash Ace
Hey everybody bring your DS to the tournament I want another DS party like at the sturggle that was fun. I might be able to use my brother's DS this time so no mooching for me (hopefully). I can bring Meteos and New Super Mario bros.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Look at your posts, i never said anything until you starting bringin stuff up about textbook ninja. Personally i honestly could care less about you guys because there are bigger players then us; like AZ. Not only that, you were the one who started talking superior to us. Just stop posting in here because we're not going. If we do somehow make it, we'll talk to you about it then. Otherwise get out of this thread.
You sound like somoene who gets 4 stocked by lvl1s all day. In otherwords, YOU SUCK!!!!!!111

meleemarth

Smash Ace
rofl allboutpeach you take things too seriously online. Apparently you cant tell when someone is messing around. Wow rofl and you get your buddy to gang up on me LOL. Im done talkin with you guys cuz all you want to do is eggthings on. but anyways allboutpeach, since you couldnt tell i was joking, i was thinking, you should go get your reading comprehention checked. lol im just messing with you guys but, I WAS messing around about me and rafa.

oh and i didnt mean ranking tournament, im ment 2vs2 XD anyways, why dont you guys come up here for our next tournament.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
rofl allboutpeach you take things too seriously online. Apparently you cant tell when someone is messing around. Wow rofl and you get your buddy to gang up on me LOL. Im done talkin with you guys cuz all you want to do is eggthings on. but anyways allboutpeach, since you couldnt tell i was joking, i was thinking, you should go get your reading comprehention checked. lol im just messing with you guys but, I WAS messing around about me and rafa.
Next time put j/k on your post if you smack talk. >.>

BlueMycon

Smash Apprentice
it would be hella hard to make it, i don't think we can pull a car together that easily, how many of the UT players are going, and will you guys drive throuh CO to get to NM, cuz maybe if any of us were able to go and you guys had room maybe we could meet you when you pass through CO and we'd help pay for gas and such obviously, we would also need housing too. tourney is a month a way isn't it? so who knows, some of the CO players may have the money to go if they want to that is, i'm always eager to travel and if i do somehow have the money and get the time off from my normal commitments such as work, school, etc...then i'd definitely go

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'm not just judging it off of how Textbook did. Easy bracket or not, someone who gets beaten with his own character by me shouldn't even come close to placing 8th.

Anyway, Rafa, I'd like to house with you if I'm going to give you a ride anyway. =/

Also, gas money is DEFINATELY needed... my g-pa's being a world-class ******* right now. Really really need gas money.

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
You can stay at my place tony, so can victor and ken. and then chap and nite could get a ride to my place in the morning just so that it isn't too much of a crowd.

is joey going?

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Rafa, well joey is coming for sure but i was wondering if you guys(tony and rafa) would be willing to house some of my other friends and give them rides to the tournament. I want to bring them because they benifit for us because they raise the money prize for 1st 2nd and 3rd. So anyways heres who im for sure bringing: Joey and I and then heres the others that i want to bring: my friends severin, sean and joey.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
oops no, nvm theres only one but unless severin or sean's parents can give us a ride, they're not going to come(if they can even get housed and rides with me and joey). Anyways, i think the tournament should start at 12pm and end sometime that night. I was thinking, we should come up with the rules for the tournament.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I was thinking, we should come up with the rules for the tournament.
Probably going to be standard MLG stuff. Maybe a few modifications. And of course it should be round robin, so there's no people whining about easy and hard brackets afterwards and how they're ranked below someone who they didn't play in the tourney. Round robin fixes those things, and gives a way better approximation of skill.

YangFuShang

Smash Apprentice
tajs, whens the new combo video coming out......i wanna see my ****ty white marth get pwned. (i switched to black marth now and it uped my mind games like 22.3%)

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'll work on the rules I guess and post them tomorrow night. But yeah, pretty much standard MLG stuff.

Also, we're doing prize money? Ohsnap. I guess we'll just set it at $5.

Vic, you can bring pretty much anyone you want, as long as Rafa's cool with housing. 15 passenger van, remember?

Everyone that's riding with me, please chip in $3 for gas. Also, even though David's able to run tournaments, I'm not giving people rides to go out to eat in the middle of the tourney. It's going to be a loooooooooong tournament anyway, no need to bump it up by another hour or so.

Also, I'd greatly appreciate it if everyone were to post if they're going or not, whether they're bringing a tv, ngc, mem card, vcr, etc, so I can make a list, and possibly set up professional looking charts for the round robin. Would anyone be up for teams and low-tier, if we have time? I'd really like to do teams, and low-tier would be fun as well.

We should also have a 1 handed tournament. That would be hot.

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Alright tony, but im thinking its just gonna be Joey,Alex, and I for sure. Alex will probably end up giving us a ride there. If alex randomly cant come, then ill probably end up bringing Sean,Severin,Joey and I. Anyways, I vote for 1vs1 tournament, 2vs2 tournament and thats it cuz im almost positive there wont be time for a low tier tournament because everyone will be doing random friendlies. Anyways, bloshi, sorry about not money matching you with my bowser, so i was wondering if i could make it up with my doc mario??i was thinking 5$ to 10$ money match? My Doc vs Your Yoshi?

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Well, doc is absolutely for sure my 3rd character and possibly my 2nd best but the reason why i picked him up is because of kentaross at oc2. He showed me a lot of doc stuff and plus he was my homey!

Top Bottom